As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Anime] Thread S2E9: Crwth is Doing His Taxes in Another World?! part 2/3 SUB ENG

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Hunter x Hunter going from Fate of the World in one arc, to Bad Fathers in the next arc was a great move imo.

• Options
    notyanotya Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    Hunter x Hunter going from Fate of the World in one arc, to Bad Fathers in the next arc was a great move imo.

The ant arc never felt like HxH at all, so when it switches back to the normal HxH world, it's super satisfying.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Kaiji is the only good gambling anime, it's true.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I ended up liking the ant arc overall, I just think that it would have been better if it had been shorter. I think they tried to hew too close to the manga with all the excessive narration and stuff.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »

the election arc is good because you learn what a trash heap ging is and also how awful and terrifying pariston is

• Options
    The instant Pariston walked in the room I was like okay this guy sucks

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    The instant Pariston walked in the room I was like okay this guy sucks

screenshot_2017-06-05-11-35-56.png

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

I've been reading Kaiji, and I was super into it for the first game, then the second one sort of lost me a bit with the whole "if only we could, like, _communicate_ with one another" business, and now it's just been "if I think he thinks what I think he's thinking I'm thinking" for a long time and I dunno how much I can keep track of it all any more.
    Plus I know there's a bunch more episodes coming up after the first series, so I know he'll survive, which takes some of the tension out of it.
    _and_ because I have too little willpower, I spoiled myself and looked up what the games are going to be in the next story arcs, and I really don't think I can manage an entire story arc or two which are nothing but Kaiji and one other guy and more "if I think he thinks what I'm thinking he thinks" sort of thing, honestly. And it sounds like everyone is just super duper mean and it's all a bit of a downer, honestly.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Akagi is a wonderful gambling anime about mahjong, but you don't need to know anything about mahjong because everyone is just constantly cheating

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I've found a couple of pretty good manga, one of which does feature gambling and deception but I gotta read em a bit more before I recommend them because they're both pretty old and you can never tell when a story might swerve into sketchville.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    When anime goes 80s:
    https://youtu.be/vAIzaLiBogc

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    HxH
    Leorio’s first show of using Nen being punching Ging in the face is VERY good

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Mitsuboshi Colors is a mecha manga now

D2.png

Give those girls a Gundam

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    I love Kakegurui. It presses all of my buttons. The OP is amazing. The ED is so ridiculous that I still watch it from time to time. One of my guilty pleasure.

Chimera Ants is HxH to me. It helps that I dropped off at the end of that vr card game and didn’t get back in for a couple of years.But I binged the Chimera ants arc in a week and it left a really good impression on me.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    HxH
    [/quote]

And now you know why everyone was kinda okay with him in the early part of the series :p

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Viz licensed the manga for Chainsaw Man and Tonikaku Cawaii/Fly Me to the Moon and both will start releasing this fall.

Tonikaku Cawaii is by the author of Hayate the Combat Butler, and is so fluffy it should have a diabetes warning on the cover.

My elevator pitch, with HtCB spoilers:
    What if Hayate had married Hinagiku instead, and they lived happily ever after as lovey dovey newlyweds?

• Options
    HxH

that is the thing I referred to much earlier where pretty much everyone agrees is awesome

• Options

I've been reading Kaiji, and I was super into it for the first game, then the second one sort of lost me a bit with the whole "if only we could, like, _communicate_ with one another" business, and now it's just been "if I think he thinks what I think he's thinking I'm thinking" for a long time and I dunno how much I can keep track of it all any more.
    Plus I know there's a bunch more episodes coming up after the first series, so I know he'll survive, which takes some of the tension out of it.
    _and_ because I have too little willpower, I spoiled myself and looked up what the games are going to be in the next story arcs, and I really don't think I can manage an entire story arc or two which are nothing but Kaiji and one other guy and more "if I think he thinks what I'm thinking he thinks" sort of thing, honestly. And it sounds like everyone is just super duper mean and it's all a bit of a downer, honestly.
    The E-Card game is pretty great though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Viz licensed the manga for Chainsaw Man and Tonikaku Cawaii/Fly Me to the Moon and both will start releasing this fall.

Tonikaku Cawaii is by the author of Hayate the Combat Butler, and is so fluffy it should have a diabetes warning on the cover.

My elevator pitch, with HtCB spoilers:
    What if Hayate had married Hinagiku instead, and they lived happily ever after as lovey dovey newlyweds?
    Also she might be an immortal princess from the moon, but we're not really going to focus on that, as the focus is on their fluffy romance.

Though I do get kind of incredulous at the guy never asking about her past even when really obvious clues pop up.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    In/Spectre is a pun.

Anyway Im dumb everyone. Real dumb

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    In/Spectre is a pun.

oh god

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    In/Spectre is a pun.

ekans is snake backwards

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    arrow in the FedEx logo, smile in the Amazon logo, Phoenix down

Did I miss any

• Options
    Whippy wrote: »

Did I miss any

khaleesi come khaleesi go

• Options
    It's not 'smile in the Amazon logo', it's 'arrow goes from A to Z in the Amazon logo, because they carry everything'.

Probably.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Did I miss any

Will you let me go?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

Did I miss any

bear in the toblerone mountain!

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    HxH

that is the thing I referred to much earlier where pretty much everyone agrees is awesome

It was extremely awesome. I woulda cheered had I not been on the train.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Reading the Dorohedoro manga and I can't believe I just read the words "epic poverty fail" on this page.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular

Did I miss any

Ash Ketchum has to catch'em (all)

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    It's not 'smile in the Amazon logo', it's 'arrow goes from A to Z in the Amazon logo, because they carry everything'.

Probably.

It's both.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Looks like Iruma kun is finally gonna explain the ice demon girl next week

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

Did I miss any

NONE OF THIS

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Gundi wrote: »

Did I miss any

NONE OF THIS

Alternatively: more of this. The best puns should be rewarded.
    Looks like Iruma kun is finally gonna explain the ice demon girl next week

Manga spoilers:
    I liked that her whole deal was a surprise when introduced.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I decided to look up some Made in Abyss shitpost I saw years ago by a phrase I remembered from it, "SFX: The rumble of scientific triumph," and it turns out they named a track in the movie's OST after this random meme from the english fandom.

• Options

Did I miss any

NONE OF THIS

It's too powerful a joke! It spreads too quickly!

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    I decided to look up some Made in Abyss shitpost I saw years ago by a phrase I remembered from it, "SFX: The rumble of scientific triumph," and it turns out they named a track in the movie's OST after this random meme from the english fandom.

I’m going to find an opportunity to use this in reference to Doctor Stone.

• Options

Did I miss any

NONE OF THIS

It's too powerful a joke! It spreads too quickly!

Like how every summoned monster at the end of a shonen movie ultimately turns into a kaiju or c'thulu?

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Akagi is a wonderful gambling anime about mahjong, but you don't need to know anything about mahjong because everyone is just constantly cheating

I have watched Akagi like 3 times already, and couldn't tell you the rules either.

This discussion has been closed.