As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Elder Scrolls] Stolen? No! This one found this thread by the side of the road.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I don't think they sell LE anymore? Maybe you can find a key through a third party store. There's also VR as an option, but I haven't tried that to be able to weigh in.

SE is what I'd recommend at this point for two main reasons: the memory cap is a lot higher, resulting in better stability (but still not perfect), and support for ESLs (I can explain in further detail if you want) allows for a MUCH higher theoretical cap on mods (end result is that compatibility patches don't need to be considered for load order, effectively).

LE's advantages are there's a lot more mods available for it, but most of them can be converted without too much issue if you find something you really want; its ENBs (post-processing filters) are still sightly more feature-rich, so if you're going for beautiful screenshots and want to put in the effort LE has a higher ceiling; and it's not getting updates with the Creation Club which can break SKSE mods periodically.

So yeah, SE is probably path of least resistance at this point.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Doesn't activating the LE automatically unlock the SE? Assuming both are equally accessible that would be the way to go. I thought Enderal requires the LE for instance.

Also humble store seems to be selling both versions?

Also VR version seems to be a completely separate purchase, if you have the gear for that.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    I think the free SE copy if you own LE was a limited time promotion, but I'm not 100% on that.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    I think the free SE copy if you own LE was a limited time promotion, but I'm not 100% on that.

That's how I got my copy, some time well after the event.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    It is no longer the case that you get a free se

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    So I'm FINALLY done updating my stuff and checking out/installing all the new stuff which has been released recently (which there's a surprising number of! Weird numbers of people decided to start doing high-resolution textures the past week or two).

kcvdfex8hofr.png

...I think I have a problem. That right number is out of an allowed 255, by the by <_<

In other news which pertains to other people, random reddit "wouldn't it be cool if..." thread spawned a series of mods which may interest folks.

Bandit Economy: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32197
    Civil War Economy: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32247
    Vampire Economy: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32474

And he's apparently doing two more, then going to be combining into a single one (which is what I'm waiting for). Relatively lightweight thing where specific vendors have a percent chance of "selling" things you sell to those merchants, and enemies/NPCs will have a chance of having that equipment in the wild. So you go nuts and craft tons of Daedric armor and sell it all to Belethor? You may start seeing random bandits wearing them.

One other recent thing which is a tool that I haven't had a chance to dig into, but someone appears to have made a much more intuitive way of adding those armors you got to levelled lists:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32319

My forays into trying this sort of stuff made me realize that more than adding armor to leveled lists, I wanted to make OUTFITS and add those, which there's probably SOME sort of automated script out there for that, but I'm not aware of it.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    And he's apparently doing two more, then going to be combining into a single one (which is what I'm waiting for). Relatively lightweight thing where specific vendors have a percent chance of "selling" things you sell to those merchants, and enemies/NPCs will have a chance of having that equipment in the wild. So you go nuts and craft tons of Daedric armor and sell it all to Belethor? You may start seeing random bandits wearing them.

Ugh. No offense to you and/or TwinCrows, but this has always struck me as one of the more silly, stupid, and immersion-breaking aspects of level scaling. If I, as a bandit, somehow come into possession of a piece of armor worth as much as a small house, I'm not going to put it on and keep robbing random passersby for pennies and sweetrolls; I'm gonna sell it (for whatever I can get) and retire. And I'm certainly not going to be so suicidally stupid as to try to hold up someone wearing a full suit of it and glowing with every enchantment known to man or mer. That guy is out of my league, and will probably blast/shout/chop me out of my boots before I finish my scripted challenge.

IMO, as a practical matter, you should just stop seeing/fighting bandits after a while. They're all hiding in the bushes, waiting for the one-man Army convoy to roll on past so they can try their luck with whoever comes along that road next.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options

Ugh. No offense to you and/or TwinCrows, but this has always struck me as one of the more silly, stupid, and immersion-breaking aspects of level scaling. If I, as a bandit, somehow come into possession of a piece of armor worth as much as a small house, I'm not going to put it on and keep robbing random passersby; I'm gonna sell it (even for pennies on the septim) and retire. And I'm certainly not going to be so suicidally stupid as to try to hold up someone wearing a full suit of it and glowing with every enchantment known to man or mer. That guy is out of my league, and will probably blast/shout/chop me out of my boots before I finish my scripted challenge.

IMO, as a practical matter, you should just stop seeing/fighting bandits after a while. They're all hiding in the bushes, waiting for the one-man Army convoy to roll on past so they can try their luck with whoever comes along that road next.

None taken - I'm looking at it more from a gameplay perspective of there's potential consequences for cheesing and leveling smithing and enchanting. But I've never been one to die on the hill of Immersion, regardless :)

For Civil War/Vampire ones (vampire includes Dawnguard), it's also a way to buff your "side" - if you sell to Imperial/Stormcloak/Dawnguard/etc merchants, it will arm random spawned NPCs of those factions. Which both makes MORE sense than the bandit one, and would probably bother me more because it'd break the uniformity of the outfits. :P

• Options
    Okay, I know I said I was done making COTN patches but.....fuck it, I made more COTN patches.

Someone requested thread-favorite Immersive Laundry, so I cranked that one out. But that's not why I'm posting. I finally dove in and learned landscaping and navmeshing. Combo patch with The Great City of Dawnstar: complete.
    30885-1582612578-1195195613.jpeg

30885-1582612557-2086864725.jpeg

There's a couple other screenshots at the mod page. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30885

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Immersive ... Laundry?

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Immersive ... Laundry?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2011

This is the first place I'd heard about it. :P It's way up at the top of the recommendation document in the first page >_>

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    How intensive do you find loading up a bunch of mods, as Jragghen is doing on your computer hardware? Is this something you can only do with a high end modern video card and CPU with oodles of ram, or is it something you can do with a bit older system?

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Depends on the type of mods, really.

Simplest would be texture or mesh replacers - they take existing textures and meshes in the game and replace them with higher resolution/quality/polygon ones. The textures will use a little more of your graphics chip's RAM, the polygons would require more things to be rendered. They're honestly pretty low impact as long as you're smart, and can get a lot of bang for your buck - just don't go around installing 4K or 8K or whatever textures when playing on a laptop.

In a similar vein, there's mods that add just a couple new weapons or armors, which frequently have custom textures/meshes. That means there's MORE, but it's nothing a computer can't handle - the game's like 9 years old at this point.

Once you start getting into city overhauls and things like that, you'll start seeing larger numbers of references/assets. Depending on how old the computer is, you may seem some frame rate drops and increased load times, but (particularly if you choose one of the overhauls which uses vanilla assets instead of custom textures all over the place) it won't be too bad.

Then there's mods which use scripts - sometimes these scripts involve regular polling, which can tax the CPU if you've otherwise got a lot of stuff going on. On a weaker PC, it's probably better to try to limit the number of scripts you have active at any given tiem.

And then finally there's ENB. Those things all apply post-processing and will hammer your GPU. Most include lower settings, but they're the sort of thing which might be better avoided if you're on a lower-end PC.

Like, a significant portion of those mods I have there are compatibility patches - two things impact the same reference: one changes what texture is applied, one moves it, or something like that, so I have a third mod which takes both of those changes and combines them, so it's what's loaded "last" and wins.

My computer's....2? 3? years old at this point, I think, and with a decent CPU, not a high end one, and I've got a 1070 GTX Ti (if memory serves) - I get a decently long initial load time, and then pretty solid FPS once I'm in-game (up in the 80s FPS in interiors, hovering right around 60 exteriors, if memory serves)....with ENB off. Turn on ENB, and that drops to just below 60 interiors, and down in the 40s/30s exteriors, depending on how much is going on. I'll probably tweak my settings to try to get less of a hit, but that's just to highlight what's going on there.

But you can do just fine on older hardware if you load 1K textures instead of where I used 2K, if you avoid some of the physics stuff, don't do too many SKSE scripts, and choose a lighter-weight ENB or a reshade instead of ENB.

E: should note the first time booting after installing an ENB it needs to compile the shaders and that takes like 10 minutes. Also, I'm on an ssd

Jragghen on
  • Options
    So good news on the "everything SKSE gets borked every time the game has an update" front.

A couple prolific modders (one of whom is rumored to be a Beth/former Beth employee, by the by) decided to make a shared library with address offsets: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32444

So any plugin which uses offsets in their .dlls and as such required an update any time they changed can instead reference this library, and once the library is updated, everything works in all of them. Fudgyduff, who's the one who has tons of small plugins which make a world of difference and who (since he's one guy) always takes a bit to crank through all of them after every update, has signed on and is updating all of his to use it - he just has to do one update to each of them, then never update them again except for bugs :)

Hopefully we see this adopted more universally, because not having to worry about version updates (or at the very least, not needing to double check everything before updating) would be a HUGE boon.

• Options
    Oh, and in other news (someone who posts in the fallout thread may want to post there, to), wabbajack (automated installer) has officially released, with support for more than just Skyrim!

https://www.wabbajack.org/
    The Wabbajack team maintains over 14 curated modlists. These are lists that have undergone extensive testing to ensure that the mods are properly patched and stable enough to be endorsed by our team. In short, you can download these lists, install them, and get a stable gameplay experience (as long as you don't modify them after installation).

The Phoenix Flavour (Skyrim SE - 598 mods) - Focusing on enhancing gameplay mechanics rather than outright replacing them, Phoenix and her team have spent years putting together a stunning and stable list that can serve as a base for your additional mods or as a complete experience unto itself.
    Nice Overall Improvement SE (Skyrim SE - 383 mods) - A list designed to be built upon by users, with enhanced graphics mechanics and immersion
    Unofficial Bevilex (Oblivion - 240 mods) - A comprehensive graphics overhaul for Oblivion through an automated installation of Bevilex's excellent graphics guide
    Sim Settlements Experience (Fallout 4 - 61 mods) - A modlist designed to showcase the wide variety of add-on packs available for Sim Settlements playthroughs
    Fallout 4 Enhanced Edition (Fallout 4 - 242 mods) - A hardcore list made to both expand and deepen the Commonwealth, built around the Horizon Gameplay Overhaul
    Lexy's LOTD Unofficial (Skyrim SE - 670 mods) - Lexy's Legacy of the Dragonborn list converted to be a Wabbajack installer ("Unofficial" because the WJ team maintains this, not the Lexy's LOTD team)
    Banana Split (Fallout 4 - 338 mods) - An expanded yet casual Fallout 4 experience featuring additional quests and expansions.
    Relics of Hyrule - GAT Edition (Skyrim SE - 925 mods) - This modlist primarily revolves around Relics of Hyrule and Grand Admiral Thrawn with new monsters coming from a heavily modified version of Rogue-like Encounters
    Total Skyrim Overhaul (Skyrim SE - 624 mods) - A modlist based on Requiem 1.9.4 and AZ Tweaks with a significant number of custom edits, additional items, and enhanced graphics. Get prepared to die, a lot.
    Ultimate VR Hybrid (Skyrim VR - 550 mods) - An all-in-one heavily modded VR modlist designed for mid-to-high end VR capable PCs
    Vanilla Sprinkles (Fallout 4 - 84 mods) - A basic mod list to give you a head start modding Fallout 4, with HQ textures and quality of life improvements
    Keizaal (Skyrim SE - 250 mods) - A small modlist that seeks to enhance and expand on Skyrim without compromising Bethesda's original vision.
    Viva New Vegas Plus (Fallout NV - 226 mods) - A slightly modified version of the Viva New Vegas Modlist
    Ultimate Skyrim - Unofficial (Skyrim LE - 280 mods) - Ultimate Skyrim is a total conversion modlist for Skyrim LE, built around the Requiem Roleplay Overhaul. "Unofficial" because this installer is maintained by the WJ team and not Belmont_Boy (the original author of the US list)

https://www.reddit.com/r/wabbajack/comments/fbd0nb/ann_wabbajack_the_automated_modlist_installer_has/

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I remember there was a lot of commotion in the community about Wabbajack when it hit the scene, with some reasonable concern (and also bile) from modders about it. I didn't follow it closely after that; any idea where that went? Did things get resolved amicably, or not so much?

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I remember there was a lot of commotion in the community about Wabbajack when it hit the scene, with some reasonable concern (and also bile) from modders about it. I didn't follow it closely after that; any idea where that went? Did things get resolved amicably, or not so much?

Some people disabled mods in protest, then re-enabled them. Nexus changed their stuff so there was an extra click-through, so Wabbajack was only working for people who were premium (read: paid) members of Nexus. Recently (as in the past week or two), they made an update which got it working for free members again, and....no one's really said anything?

Basically it was a bunch of rabble rousing which eventually devolved down to nothing, I believe.

• Options
    Huh, interesting. Not shocking, I suppose. It seemed like some of the mod author concerns were pretty reasonable, and I remember a dialogue started up between some of them and Wabbajack authors to see if Wabbajack could take some steps to ease those concerns. I wonder if those changes were actually implemented or not.

So, Jragghen, I guess the obvious question is: when should we expect your personalized modlist? :razz:

• Options
    Huh, interesting. Not shocking, I suppose. It seemed like some of the mod author concerns were pretty reasonable, and I remember a dialogue started up between some of them and Wabbajack authors to see if Wabbajack could take some steps to ease those concerns. I wonder if those changes were actually implemented or not.

So, Jragghen, I guess the obvious question is: when should we expect your personalized modlist? :razz:

Never, sadly. I've got a lot of manual editing that I've been doing. Like, my NPC appearance thing is a goddamn monstrosity (which I just fucked up tonight and have to fix and the fuckup deleted my backup too nooooooooooo) of....I think it's 30 different NPC overhauls? And that's without merging in the stuff that adds perks and shit.

What I DO have is my old spreadsheet when I was looking into stuff which I need to clean up. So I COULD put together a "this is what I've got installed" thing, but actually getting everything playing well together would be...ahahaha. Yeah. Don't be me.

• Options
    Start a Patreon where the high backer tier is "I come over to your house and get all the mods sorted in the right order and do all the patching".

• Options
    So I published another patch collection, this time for Palaces and Castles Enhanced: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/33364 (Also this one but this is just basically a cleaned/finalized navmesh version of Immersive City Gates: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/33361 )

Other more noteworthy stuff:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/33261 - meh321 (the suspected Bethesda employee) has found and fixed a floating point math error that caused ability conditions to stop working after an arbitrary (roughly 38 hours real-time) amount of time, which was a bit of a bane of Enai's mods, and of longer games.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/33256 - kyrptotyr continues to port their mods, this time the thieves guild requirements one. Should replace the haphazard mash of mods trying to do the same stuff that cropped up in SSE
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/33375 - new spell learning one which seems to fit into the modern "stripped down, not as intrusive" role that a lot of these roleplaying ones have filled.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/33316 - a weather/ENB combo which looks real nice. It just requires you to wholeheartedly commit to it in a way that I'm not willing to quite yet.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32997 - the all-in-one of the previously-discussed economy mod is out. Don't get it quite yet, he's planning on adding an MCM which will allow you to toggle on/off the ones you want.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/33189 and https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/33032 - The Great Cities guy is hitting the smaller towns now, but giving unique architecture, and they look great.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/33139 - a new movement animation thing which seems highly regarded but I personally think leans too far?

Also there's been a ton of random high-res textures dropping still, but I won't list them off.

• Options
    edited April 2020

So thanks to Covid I'm now WFH and my work involves like...a couple hours of intense work followed by a couple hours of waiting for a simulation result, and I've actually started updating my spreadsheet to reflect what I've actually got installed. Now, it's not going to break down "THESE ARE MERGED" or "I DELETED THESE CELLS BECAUSE I PREFER TO USE THIS OTHER THING" or "I DELETED THESE TEXTURES SO THIS ONE WINS", but maybe in a month or two I'll actually get through updating the whole damn thing and post it? >_>

Anyway, I seem to be doing these posts monthly-ish now, so....here we go?

On my personal front, I finally abandoned Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul to instead use AI Overhaul SSE. It's less complex, more complete, and doesn't touch fucking navmeshes so compatibility is better. This, in turn, made me run through and try to find incompatibilities, and that turned into me releasing a patch for it and the widest-used city overhaul, JKs Skyrim:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34194

It's linked on the JKs page now >_>
    I also have standing permissions to do a patch collection for the JKs Interiors series.

Other mod owners have also started tossing me beta versions of some upcoming mods to take a look at. It's kinda cool.

And also, Cities of the North - Morthal got released: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34168 and we all know what THAT fucking means:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34228 (15 down *checks* up to 33 to go. Shut up)

Also I did a couple more city overhaul patches for Dawnstar, but the one I'm most proud of is ETaC because that thing's a fucking HUGE overhaul, and I did all the interiors, too. 8 additional buildings, to say nothing of walkways/etc. Definitely the biggest thing I've done yet. Couple images in the spoilers
    30885-1584330280-641381193.jpeg

30885-1584330293-835268918.jpeg

30885-1584330273-890919234.jpeg

In non-"why the fuck am I doing this" releases:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/33767 - Combat Gameplay Overhaul is a huge animation/combat gameplay...well...overhaul. It does not support FNIS, and requires Nemesis usage to generate the animations, which is why I haven't given it a real shot yet (I'm lazy to learn new animation programs while I'm in the middle of some stuff, and I suspect some other things I have installed don't work with Nemesis).
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32382 - DynDOLOD got released on Nexus. It's been around forever, but now you can keep track of this thing. It is probably the single best graphics improving thing you can do with Skyrim.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/33746 - Dynamic animation replacers make it such that animations can be applied to specific NPCs, under specific conditions, or something else. Previously animations were effectively "just the player" or "every npc." This is actually a huge fucking deal. First thing which seems to have really caught on with this: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34006 Conditional idles. No longer will NPCs do the same idles, but rather will have different idles if it's cold, if they're tired, injured, have a headache (low magica), well rested, have a shield equipped, or are naked. I'm expecting this to eventually lead to an explosion of new stuff.
    jkrojmal of JKs Skyrim has been doing a bunch of Interiors, thus far all in Whiterun. I'm not linking them all, but here's his user page. They look great: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/1305814?tab=user+files
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/33487 - a new encounter zone mod from one of the larger gameplay overhaul players, which works in a way I like (my EZ thing is actually like...this combined with two others but shut up). I recommend checking out the page regardless, because it's one of the best laymans-terms explanations of what encounter zones ARE that I've seen.
    A metric fucking ton of texture mods for whatever reason, but I'll highlight two. Sigils of Skyrim is the follow-up to Designs of the Nords: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34176 and Skyland has "finished" and has its AIO release: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34179
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34021 - a spell which lets you put clutter back to where it was originally supposed to be it's a fucking miracle
    (holy shit my PCE patch collection is on page four for most endorsements this month)
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34169 - teleports NPCs while you're sleeping so there's not a weird-ass "everyone leaving to go home to sleep at 8am" thing. It's a small QoL thing, but this is a great idea.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    ....this is more an indication of how few endorsements get handed out anymore, but:

xlnt2rlsw7lx.png
    Sepolcri is the mod I got an early look at. It's good. Check it out.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Currently at 69 endorsements. Nice.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Can't allow myself to redownload Skyrim until I finish ESO. Just feels weird going back to that well without finishing all that other TES content.

Been fucking forever since I played it, need to get off my ass and get it done.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Can't allow myself to redownload Skyrim until I finish ESO.

Not sure finishing ESO is actually possible.

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »

Please don't say that..

Fuck.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    If any of ya'll are stuck on PS4 with PS4 mods like I am, can you take a look at this list and tell me if there's anything you'd add/remove:
    Unoffical Skyrim Patch
    Phendrix Magic Reloaded Parts 1 & 2
    ELE Interior Lighting Overhaul
    Skyrim Restored
    Magical College of Winterhold
    Real of Lorkhan
    Immersive Citizesn - AI Overhaul
    Point the Way
    Rain and Snow FX
    Realistic Conversations
    Better Loot Treasure Hunter Edition
    Forgotten Dungeons
    Hold Border Banners
    Fallen Trees
    The Midden Expanded
    Better Horses
    Better Vanilla Perks
    Lattathunz
    NPC Follower Gear & Gender Animation Tweaks
    Sea of Ghosts
    Dense Grass
    Dragon Encounter Tweaks
    Unlimited Spriniting
    Dragon Priests Gear Overhaul
    Riverstone Hut
    Skyrim is Windy
    The Valley of Peace
    Were-Beast Encounter Tweaks
    Immersive Patrols
    Looter's Cave
    Genuine Giants
    Borderlands of Skyrim
    Bridges of Skyrim
    BIG: Ultimate Kills
    Fantasy Followers
    Fats Travel From Interiors
    Tel Mos
    Blackreach Map Markers
    Improved Sounds
    H.A.S.T.E
    Lampposts of Skyrim: Special Edition
    The Great Cities By Soldierofwar
    Rich Merchants of Skyrim
    Hold Riders
    Caves of Morrowind
    Extra Map Markers
    Skyrim Vanity Kit
    Path Stalkers
    Various Wild
    TNF - Whiterun
    Weapons And Armor (SkyHBlades)
    GET No More Dead Followers
    Diverse Creatures and Bosses
    New Grass / Green Skyrim
    FOS Forests of Skyrim
    IA92's Additional Face Presets
    Obsidian Weathers
    Lore Based Loading Screens
    Original Race Heights (Morrowind)
    DLC Integration
    Character Editor - All In One Customization Pack
    Project Hippie
    Supreme and Volumetric Fog
    Guard's Armor Replacer - Unique Looking Factions
    Underwater Grass Deleted
    WATER
    Better Dressed NPCs
    Frost Giants
    Hearthfire Roads
    World Map Clear
    World Map Vibrant
    Hobbitan by Ozymandy
    Re-Color Replacer Pack
    True Alteration Armor Visuals
    Epic Realistic Enchantment Effects
    JK's Skyrim / The Great Cities Compatible
    Katana Pack
    More Skeleton Avengers
    Etheral Weapons
    Missing Tempering Recipies Fix
    Insignificant Object Remover
    Vampire Knights
    Wolf Blooded
    Better Dark Elf Presets
    IA92'S Epic Hair Colors

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »

Please don't say that..

Fuck.

I've been playing it since it was in beta, more than 6 years ago.

I haven't finished it.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    What would finishing eso even entail?

I guess you could sort of finish all the story areas and all dlc zones and reasonably say you had finished the story. Which is probably, what, 300 hours worth of content? But thats not even touching crafting or messing with other classes or dungeons and raids or anything.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    If any of ya'll are stuck on PS4 with PS4 mods like I am, can you take a look at this list and tell me if there's anything you'd add/remove:
    Unoffical Skyrim Patch
    Phendrix Magic Reloaded Parts 1 & 2
    ELE Interior Lighting Overhaul
    Skyrim Restored
    Magical College of Winterhold
    Real of Lorkhan
    Immersive Citizesn - AI Overhaul
    Point the Way
    Rain and Snow FX
    Realistic Conversations
    Better Loot Treasure Hunter Edition
    Forgotten Dungeons
    Hold Border Banners
    Fallen Trees
    The Midden Expanded
    Better Horses
    Better Vanilla Perks
    Lattathunz
    NPC Follower Gear & Gender Animation Tweaks
    Sea of Ghosts
    Dense Grass
    Dragon Encounter Tweaks
    Unlimited Spriniting
    Dragon Priests Gear Overhaul
    Riverstone Hut
    Skyrim is Windy
    The Valley of Peace
    Were-Beast Encounter Tweaks
    Immersive Patrols
    Looter's Cave
    Genuine Giants
    Borderlands of Skyrim
    Bridges of Skyrim
    BIG: Ultimate Kills
    Fantasy Followers
    Fats Travel From Interiors
    Tel Mos
    Blackreach Map Markers
    Improved Sounds
    H.A.S.T.E
    Lampposts of Skyrim: Special Edition
    The Great Cities By Soldierofwar
    Rich Merchants of Skyrim
    Hold Riders
    Caves of Morrowind
    Extra Map Markers
    Skyrim Vanity Kit
    Path Stalkers
    Various Wild
    TNF - Whiterun
    Weapons And Armor (SkyHBlades)
    GET No More Dead Followers
    Diverse Creatures and Bosses
    New Grass / Green Skyrim
    FOS Forests of Skyrim
    IA92's Additional Face Presets
    Obsidian Weathers
    Lore Based Loading Screens
    Original Race Heights (Morrowind)
    DLC Integration
    Character Editor - All In One Customization Pack
    Project Hippie
    Supreme and Volumetric Fog
    Guard's Armor Replacer - Unique Looking Factions
    Underwater Grass Deleted
    WATER
    Better Dressed NPCs
    Frost Giants
    Hearthfire Roads
    World Map Clear
    World Map Vibrant
    Hobbitan by Ozymandy
    Re-Color Replacer Pack
    True Alteration Armor Visuals
    Epic Realistic Enchantment Effects
    JK's Skyrim / The Great Cities Compatible
    Katana Pack
    More Skeleton Avengers
    Etheral Weapons
    Missing Tempering Recipies Fix
    Insignificant Object Remover
    Vampire Knights
    Wolf Blooded
    Better Dark Elf Presets
    IA92'S Epic Hair Colors

I'm on PC, but I wasn't a fan of Forgotten Dungeons. They have messy layouts and lack the detailed decoration of the ones made by Bethesda. After going through a couple, I started avoiding any dungeons named "Forgotten ______".

• Options
    What would finishing eso even entail?

I guess you could sort of finish all the story areas and all dlc zones and reasonably say you had finished the story. Which is probably, what, 300 hours worth of content? But thats not even touching crafting or messing with other classes or dungeons and raids or anything.
    Just looking to finish all quests.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Ugh.

So, Beyond Skyrim (https://beyondskyrim.org/) caught my eye. And I'd like to finally try to finish Interesting NPCs. Got a bit of choice paralysis about what type of character to play, might want to mix up the combat a bit, BUT! Keep in mind I don't give a shit about being "hardcore" and I REALLY do not care for or want ~lawl immersion~. I'm not interested in remembering to eat or wear a warm coat or poop in my video games. I'm interested in punching mans.

on top of "make combat interesting, but not like, haaaaaaard," what's some nice new Special Edition content / quest mods besides Interesting NPCs and such. (fuuu I have to remember... how to mod...)

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    I'm about halfway through sticking my mod list into a spreadsheet. So I haven't gotten through a shitton of texture mods, and I haven't hit my "combat" section yet, but when I get back to the computer I'll fork off what's in there so far and post it. Might help with some ideas, if nothing else.

• Options
    (I'm also at like 960-something plugins atm) >_>

• Options

fortunately, I have 32 gigs of RAM on an AMD Ryzen 2700, and an NVidia RTX 2700. My current limiting factor has become *hard disk space* (because I am a graphic designer and all my goddamn clients are now using different software, half of which I'm having to Obtain through Ways and Means, and that shit takes up a lot of space)

• Options
    Got up here a bit later than I intended, but here ya go:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iJTVyt_UH41BYsAXHW4kzkhaljf589Z6QyHPwTsy1WU/edit?usp=sharing

Format/ordering roughly follows Lexy's list. It's got its own website now: https://lexyslotd.com/guide/pre-installation/

I've consolidated/combined some stuff. I also use a few of the things from that list, so....keep that in mind. Some of the stuff I use from it is older versions because it started getting too difficult to keep in sync since we diverged. Most everything should mark the plugin information from my list, which involves copious amounts of merging, compressing, and modifying. One of the more recent things I've started doing is .esm-ifying some things (seems to help with my loading). Don't do that unless you read up on it first. I'm still not 100% sure it'll work out alright >_>

General rule of thumb for what to expect: I like some base mechanics like survival/etc because it makes it such that food/drink/sleep have meaning in-game, and I like that. I DO tweak the combat a little bit, and the loot/enemies a lot just to prevent it from being too goddamn easy (even though it still stays pretty easy because I cart a lot of followers for the fun of it). I do not particularly care about "immersion" in the sense of GRITTY REALISM, although I do tend to like stuff that makes sense. I just lean in the high fantasy direction, which applies in the "everyone is attractive" sense, and yes, I will include some ridiculous armor once I get to that just because I was originally planning on having a script edit them into the world so they're all over the place for entertainment, but that fell apart and I can't be arsed to re-do my weapons/armors merge because it's got like 50 things in it. Like I said, this mod list is for ideas. Also, while on the topic of NPCs, if you look at my NPC appearance tab and want to know what I'm using for who once more, I started with Lexy's as a base and built off it from there. This SHOULD be fully up to date. Yes, I am fucking insane, no need to tell me. Also, no, I don't think that's every NPC, but it's good enough. >_>

ANYWAY, load order on the left panel of MO2 roughly follows the tab ordering, although there's some movement depending on where I want textures, etc. It's going to get less coherent as I get to the lower stuff in my mod list which was added later and fits in an earlier category. Categories I haven't gotten to yet: Animation and Skeleton (imagine like 50 rougeshot mods and you get the idea); Skin and Bodies (probably combine with the eyes/hair/etc), NPCs and Behavior; New Followers and NPCs (will combine with previous); Vanilla Item Retextures and Tweaks (will probably combine with one of the existing tabs); New Items; New Weapons and Armors (will probably combine with previous); Weapons and Armor Retextures; Sound Improvements; Basic Needs and Survival; Recipe and Stat Changers (will probably combine with Gameplay); Combat and Traps (will probably combine with Gameplay); Gameplay; Magic, Spells, and Enchantments; Loot Overhauls (will definitely combine with the one that has Morrowloot in it already); Travel; Vampire, Werewolves, and Bears (will probably combine with Magic, Spells, and Enchantments); Immersion (will probably divvy up into a bunch of stuff); Compatibility Patches; Late Loaders - Bug Fixes (will combine with previous); Utilities; Misc (this is stuff I don't have installed but I keep links for handy in case I want to try using one of the tools).
    Plugin count is confirmed to currently be 968

Anyway, since it's close enough to a month, might as well do the update now. Personal stuff. Done with COTN Morthal patches for now: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34228 there's a lot of 'em. Check 'em out. I'll probably get a bunch more requests since the mod was just featured on MxR. I also threw together a one-off "thank you" patch for someone who beta tested one of my Morthal overhauls :P https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35153 I've got a bunch of other smaller stuff done (6 for Opulent Thieves Guild, 5 for Quaint Raven Rock, 3-4 one-offs) which I'll probably be uploading in the next couple days.

In other stuff, USSEP just updated today and I want to share this patch note.
    NPCs in Solitude sometimes fall through portions of the city due to it being too large to load all of the cells into memory at the same time. Usually this will result in their deaths as they fall through and hit the landscape below, but it can sometimes also lead to them being permanently stranded in the water below the arch. A possible solution has been implemented in the form of a giant trigger box that encompasses the city from one of the cells which always loads. If an NPC falls into the box, they will be returned to their editor location and then be able to resume their schedule as normal from there.

Fucking incredible XD

In other major update news, I want to bring attention to what I believe is generally considered the "best" new College of Winterhold overhaul: Obscure's College of Winterhold. I recently finished removing ICoW from my install list and swapped to this, and I'm looking forward to trying it out. It looks REALLY nice, and seems to be getting a ton of praise. A few of the other mods I've mentioned in here are by Obscure, and I've been hanging out in his discord, as well, after starting a patch on one of his. Genuinely very nice person. He also did the last two mods I listed off in the last post. Anyway, new stuff:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34105 - Sepolchri, which was the one I mentioned. Redoes all the graveyards and makes them look great.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34705 - SSE Display Tweaks. I haven't played around with this one, but apparently it finally fixes playing in windowed mode on monitors that go over 60Hz, so that's a big deal.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34571 - This isn't my thing, but apparently SSE now has wings and flying
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34636 - very ambitious NPC overhaul thing which is WIP. We'll see where it goes
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34681 - Alternate routes for the Icerunner stuff, which allows you to resolve the questline without crashing the ship.
    There's been a couple more dynamic animation things, like injured animations: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34663 and swimming: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34853
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34763 - Someone took a script added just for rabbits a while ago and made it such that you can have dynamic variants of basically every animal
    A couple small mods like this: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34278 and this: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35031 where when you clear out specific mines/bandit stuff near existing towns, they get staffed by people. Nice little QoL thing.

And once more like 10 billion texture mods. A lot of them were by the same guy, who seems to be grabbing public domain stuff, but got in a bit of copyright trouble so he was banned for a bit and stuff was taken down. It's coming back slowly. I like some of them, but a lot of them are too noisy for my tastes, or just like....jarringly realistic looking for a game. If/when his snow elf stuff gets back up, I'll link that one.

Honestly, there's been a TON released this month, and a lot of it is neat but very little is ground-breaking.

• Options

fortunately, I have 32 gigs of RAM on an AMD Ryzen 2700, and an NVidia RTX 2700. My current limiting factor has become *hard disk space* (because I am a graphic designer and all my goddamn clients are now using different software, half of which I'm having to Obtain through Ways and Means, and that shit takes up a lot of space)

I have an SSD just for Skyrim/mods at this point. One of the annoying things about the CK/making patches is that you can't see things packed in .bsas in the CK without extracting them, so for some of the mods I end up loading up a lot (looking at YOU, LOTD), I have two copies installed, one for my game with .bsas, and one with them extracted. The larger ones (once more, looking at YOU LOTD) take up multiple gigs, twice :/

• Options

I have an SSD just for Skyrim/mods at this point. One of the annoying things about the CK/making patches is that you can't see things packed in .bsas in the CK without extracting them, so for some of the mods I end up loading up a lot (looking at YOU, LOTD), I have two copies installed, one for my game with .bsas, and one with them extracted. The larger ones (once more, looking at YOU LOTD) take up multiple gigs, twice :/

Ugh, unfortunately I think I gave away my spare recycled SSDs to friends who needed to upgrade their machines because of the lockdown. If not for said lockdown, I could probably rustle up some more... maybe I'll ask my buddy anyway if he can do a porch dropoff.

hrgn. *rubs temples*

does the big master list you made from my master list have basic reminders on how to even start modding and what modding software to use for a steam edition of SSE, @Jragghen ? It's been a while and my brain is having more and more trouble with basic tasks.

• Options
    Yeah, it's got some links to a bunch of different tools and what they're used for.