As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

C'mon chummers we're going on a Shadow[chat]

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    I really like the architecture of the DC metro, I thought I hated brutalist architecture but like a lot of things I thought I hated, I guess I don't, I guess I'd only been exposed to bad examples

I found 2 wines I like also

Good Valentine's

is it because it's so clean when compared to many other subways?

I mean yes, but not as clean as Montreal was. I think I just genuinely like the architecture. The honeycomb thing

I mean it also is self warming with how often it is on fire. :rotate:

u7stthr17eud.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I keep forgetting how long it takes to roast peppers in the oven.

show those peppers whose boss and stick those suckers right under the broiler and then forget about them

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    I've delivered DoorDash to this guy 4 times, I'm pretty sure I've never delivered to anyone else even twice. It must be destiny

You do the doordash delivery thing? Is it true they don't give you the tips if people tip digitally?

Yeah I've been tipping cash but haven't interrogated a driver about it recently. Last time i did, the driver said they'd all been informed that the company had just been indicted over the matter?

sig.gif
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

don't give the peppers a chance to roast you, they are brutal

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    @Donkey Kong

That was a better explanation of static than I have ever seen in my life.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I really like the architecture of the DC metro, I thought I hated brutalist architecture but like a lot of things I thought I hated, I guess I don't, I guess I'd only been exposed to bad examples

Good Valentine's

I mean yes, but not as clean as Montreal was. I think I just genuinely like the architecture. The honeycomb thing

*sprints in from bar*

They're vaulted coffered ceilings and they're majestic!!!!

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

Good Valentine's

*sprints in from bar*

They're vaulted coffered ceilings and they're majestic!!!!

They are!! I usually hate concrete but I love these

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Hey, evening crew! Your turn!
    Athenor wrote: »
    Winky

Hoi, Chummer!

LET'S DO THIS!

BOOK TITLE. PAGE. I reserve the right to say no. Please @ me in your request so I don't have to read every post.

(Please be gentle I'm a fatass and just using a cell phone camera. Also ignore the mess.)

ZTpfGP9h.jpg

eGnGRFXh.jpg

j4GLz0oh.jpg

cxw5vLeh.jpg

iwHCDXZh.jpg

lE7YCAoh.jpg

SXxyd2Eh.jpg

T3s4nN6h.jpg

N6UT8dxh.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh my god. Usually when I post I somehow end up with totp, but this time.. nope! botp! Bah. I don't wanna spam people though.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I've delivered DoorDash to this guy 4 times, I'm pretty sure I've never delivered to anyone else even twice. It must be destiny

You do the doordash delivery thing? Is it true they don't give you the tips if people tip digitally?
    Nah we get the tips. What is fuzzy about it is that there are two parts of the pay: doordash's pay and the tip. When someone declines the order DoorDash raises their pay so the next person is more likely to accept it. So if you tip $10 and you live a mile away, the first person to see it is going to accept it. If you tip $1 it'll probably get rejected until DoorDash raises their pay enough to compensate. This kind of system needs to exist for them to be able to guarantee someone takes the order eventually, when as independent contractors they cannot punish drivers for refusing orders. I have a 20% acceptance rate because so many of the orders are bad. So in a sense you're subsidizing DoorDash when you tip in the app, but you also want someone bring your food in a reasonable amount of time

Hey, evening crew! Your turn!
    Winky

Hoi, Chummer!

LET'S DO THIS!

BOOK TITLE. PAGE. I reserve the right to say no. Please @ me in your request so I don't have to read every post.

(Please be gentle I'm a fatass and just using a cell phone camera. Also ignore the mess.)

ZTpfGP9h.jpg

eGnGRFXh.jpg

j4GLz0oh.jpg

cxw5vLeh.jpg

iwHCDXZh.jpg

lE7YCAoh.jpg

SXxyd2Eh.jpg

T3s4nN6h.jpg

N6UT8dxh.jpg

W2P7Npv.gif

Nah we get the tips. What is fuzzy about it is that there are two parts of the pay: doordash's pay and the tip. When someone declines the order DoorDash raises their pay so the next person is more likely to accept it. So if you tip $10 and you live a mile away, the first person to see it is going to accept it. If you tip $1 it'll probably get rejected until DoorDash raises their pay enough to compensate. This kind of system needs to exist for them to be able to guarantee someone takes the order eventually, when as independent contractors they cannot punish drivers for refusing orders. I have a 20% acceptance rate because so many of the orders are bad. So in a sense you're subsidizing DoorDash when you tip in the app, but you also want someone bring your food in a reasonable amount of time

this just sounds like bitcoin

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Holy shit Athenor.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Yeah I'll have another, @Athenor.
    Jet Set(?), page 77.

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I'm confused about what this is, Athenor, but I'm still impressed bc I like books

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
    cB557 wrote: »
    Yeah I'll have another, "Athenor".
    Jet Set(?), page 77.

@cB557

7PPWlB2h.jpg?1

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I'm confused about what this is, Athenor, but I'm still impressed bc I like books

name one of those books and a page, and he'll post that page. They're all Shadowrun source books.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius

This is my complete collection of Shadowrun books, laid out so you can see the covers instead of the spines.

I thought it would be fun for people to call out random pages and I show what's in them, to honor the OP of this chat.

I'm also thinking I might do this again in the future with my next chat, which if I get selected will be called "Shadow[chat] Returns"

(Shadowrun is my favorite RPG and I know a few of the writers.)

@Athenor Denver (blue) pg 30.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    The Sonic movie was... actually pretty good?

I ate an engineer
  • TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Both times I used doordash I tipped OK, got a driver immediately and then they had to wait for food to be ready. It seems like they cant possibly come out ahead and the scheduling algorithm is broken? I got some promo credit and used that, I dont know if I would again

I feel bad having someone spend 10 minutes for what seems like $2 too.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    The Sonic movie was... actually pretty good?

I refuse to believe this

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »

name one of those books and a page, and he'll post that page. They're all Shadowrun source books.

I feel like this ends with a troll smashing down Athenor's door in some kind of copyright-related dispute, but it's good fun until the corporate security team shows up!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Mazzyx wrote: »
    @Athenor Denver (blue) pg 30.

Ooh, adventurous!

And because you did that, I'll give you a bonus.

awxTYiVh.jpg

LM61ifOh.jpg

LJZE2uHh.jpg

Unfortunately, page 30 was a little bland.

DnZtGjYh.jpg

@Mazzyx

^^^

Also @Athenor you should tweet those at Jordan Weisman. I think he would appreciate it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Auralynx wrote: »

I feel like this ends with a troll smashing down Athenor's door in some kind of copyright-related dispute, but it's good fun until the corporate security team shows up!

Most of these are out there in pennies-cheap PDFs. So far no one's requested a book by Catalyst, let alone one in active print.

... and I think the guys who make Shadowrun would play along, knowing them. :D

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular

don't give the peppers a chance to roast you, they are brutal

I sent them to sleep with the fishes

Don’t litter :(

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Most of these are out there in pennies-cheap PDFs. So far no one's requested a book by Catalyst, let alone one in active print.

@Athenor Clearly I can only bolster my argument by demanding Conspiracy Theories, p 93!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    We are making Marcella Hazan’s tomato sauce which is literally just a can of San Marzanos, a onion cut in half (then removed after cooking), butter, and salt.

I am skeptical, but I definitely respect the commitment to simplicity and am prepared to be pleasantly surprised.

Edit: c1m6o2v5g0o7.jpeg

VishNub on
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Happy Palpatine’s Day everyone

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades

Athenor Clearly I can only bolster my argument by demanding Conspiracy Theories, p 93!

I need to find my fill lights.

@Auralynx

z6EkPbIh.jpg

... Shit. That page was about London and conspiracy theories.

I think I just posted alt-history politics in chat.

... Shit. That page was about London and conspiracy theories.

I think I just posted alt-history politics in chat.

:winky:

Bet you thought it was safe because it was just text, huh?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

e4tgf02iql88.png

jeremy clarkson would do no such thing

cqgpx8j8ep99.png

now this is more like it

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    We are making Marcella Hazan’s tomato sauce which is literally just a can of San Marzanos, a onion cut in half (then removed after cooking), butter, and salt.

I am skeptical, but I definitely respect the commitment to simplicity and am prepared to be pleasantly surprised.

Edit: c1m6o2v5g0o7.jpeg

what you'll get there is an onion flavor without any of the sweetness that actually chopping up and browning the onion would get you.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i made a new deck in MTGA... which led me to discover this.

2yvdd2jzv0c2.png
    Same energy.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    I also kind of always think of South Park as being initially targeted at malignantly-disillusioned GenXers, considering it was an R-rated cartoon that premiered in 1995, when most millennials still hadn’t learned basic literacy.

Depends if you consider someone like me to be a GenXer or a Millenial. SP started when I was in High School. It was a huge cultural influence on my generation

You’re on the cusp, so you have to fill out the questionnaire:

- Depeche Mode or Vampire Weekend?
    - He-Man or Darkwing Duck?
    - Cheers or Frasier?
    - Surge or Mountain Dew Code Red?
    - Ewoks or Ninja Turtles?

Choose carefully

What happens if I can’t decide on any of them?

fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.