As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NSFDATA] Look at my dog, and other people's dogs, and their cats and stuff [pets]

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I like it when crossbreeds just look like someone photoshopped two different dogs together.

Corgis are real life dittos so that tracks

• Options
    Also, what are dogs

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Also, what are dogs

Some kind of throw pillow

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    We had all three of the dogs together down at the beach for a week, but now we are back in the capital and Uschi misses his pack and has gotten all sooky. He spends all evening sitting on my feet and whacking me with his big fat paw whenever I stop scritching his stupid giant head.

Anyway here’s the team playing lifeguard (they are terrible at actually rescuing anything but like to pretend)

qy0fncw98c8c.jpeg

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Also, things that were eaten over the week (an abridged list)
    - mango seeds (subsequently regurgitated)
    - Pine cones (ditto)
    - jellyfish (fully digested)
    - Mussel shells
    - 5.5 jigsaw puzzle pieces (targeted revenge by ziggy because the puzzle was getting more attention than her)
    - Two entire loaves of sourdough bread, stolen off the kitchen counter. (Mabel is on doggy anti-anxiety meds which makes her a) very very high and b) very very hungry. She is also gluten intolerant. The aftermath was ... unpleasant for everyone. But mostly for her).

tynic on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    your dogs are criminals

• Options
    edited February 2020
    My brothers dog once snuck into my room devoured a bag of kings Hawaian buns Id just bought( and was in the process hiding) when I was in the bathroom.

Dogs love bread.

It does not love them

King Riptor on
  • Options
    Ziggy hates things hanging over her head
    ejx7i2v2j7k1.png

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    those DAGS my god

My little garbage disposal went to the vet the other day for annual vax shots and a re-up of his medicine and the vet was so completely charmed that he basically got his body weight in treats

little does she know Mr. Adorable is the same dog who ignored giant fluffy warm towels after his bath in favor of escaping and BURROWING into the clean laundry I had left on the floor last week

pEzX0iAl.jpg

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Hey Reo

dddlj2yeoxfb.jpg

what uh

whatcha doin' there bud

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Coda from my wife: a half hour after she took this picture, a dog next door barked and then she heard BONK from this top mind.

• Options
    that's dogllahan, mate

• Options
    I just spent forty five minutes petting a needy Berner to sleep because every time I stopped he'd cry and carry on and paw at me and rub his head on my arm

...oh shit he woke up again

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Good bad problems:

Waking up in the middle of the night having to pee and having your cat realize you're awake, only to smush their face into yours, and lick your mouth in bed, until you relent and get up. I was both annoyed smiling the biggest grin.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Our dog has been consistently coming into our room and waking us (me) up for weeks now. It's either she wants to be fed or wants one of us to come downstairs, after which she falls asleep. It's so frustrating!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    You need to either close the door or just spend many many weeks not responding to her. Eventually she'll stop, but any time you let an pet get you out of bed it's basically heavily reinforcing their behavior since, I mean, they're getting exactly what they want out of it. My cat used to do it all the time until I finally just made a conscious effort to never respond to her and while she still sleeps on my bed, she doesn't try and wake me up anymore. I imagine dogs can be both more persistent and harder to ignore though.

Gundi on
  • Options
    At some point I can't figure out Lola learned " lets go outside" means time to eat and it drives me insane

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    You need to either close the door or just spend many many weeks not responding to her. Eventually she'll stop, but any time you let an pet get you out of bed it's basically heavily reinforcing their behavior since, I mean, they're getting exactly what they want out of it. My cat used to do it all the time until I finally just made a conscious effort to never respond to her and while she still sleeps on my bed, she doesn't try and wake me up anymore. I imagine dogs can be both more persistent and harder to ignore though.

my old cat figured out knocking things off shelves was a surefire way to get me to instantly wake up, the bastard

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    It's the end of February but today was actually the first decent snow of the season for Luna to play in
    https://youtu.be/sKRsr739x8Q

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    @tynic

your dogs are too god

• Options
    @tynic

your dogs are too god

Who, me?

npuhnct6xcuj.jpeg

• Options
    Truly the king of kings

• Options
    edited February 2020
    The king freaks out if you look at him while he’s holding his comfort bear (sound on)

Edit: not working, weird

tynic on
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Truly the king of kings

Gundi just said they're god!
    tynic

your dogs are too god

Too god! Hyow! Get back!

chromdom on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I made it work again then realised there’s a credit card visible in the video so brb scrubbing from internet

edit: ok now I'm less of an idiot
    he's still an idiot
    also very weird

https://youtu.be/GyjRwS7nZzc

tynic on
  • Options
    chromdom wrote: »
    Truly the king of kings

Gundi just said they're god!
    tynic

your dogs are too god

Too god! Hyow! Get back!

T-that is god

• Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    Gura is still doin good he's 3 years old now.

fDcSnvz.jpg

RdE1vqN.jpg

OWPvRg6.jpg

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Here is my new goober. The shelter named him Clifford because he's big and red.

ObdJQkG.jpg
    FjcemaN.jpg

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Here is my new goober. The shelter named him Clifford because he's big and red.

ObdJQkG.jpg
    FjcemaN.jpg

what a good goober

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    too many good pups

gonna overload

• Options
    My wife is sending my pics of dogs at nearby rescues as "ha ha a third dog wouldn't that be funny ha ha"

I've seen this before.

over/under on when we have a third dog?

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    My wife is sending my pics of dogs at nearby rescues as "ha ha a third dog wouldn't that be funny ha ha"

I've seen this before.

over/under on when we have a third dog?

I think you already do

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    The texts are actually coming from inside your house.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Coby, my Vice-President of Zoomies keeping track of me while I work:
    dwbbw6maxqsz.jpg

He's not a fan of the work area, but been slowly getting more comfortable on the bed we put back there.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    So today, I had to say goodbye to Socks, my kitty of almost 17 years. He had a hyperthyroid, and while I was able to keep it at bay with medication for about five years, in the end, it caused a growth by his thyroid so big that he was unable to breathe. I took a little while looking for some medical solutions, but in the end, his condition took a turn for the worse and it was time. I just got back from the vet a little bit ago and am feeling the expected wash of guilt and loss.

Here's a picture of Socks in fairly recent, better days. It took a while, but he became a good lap kitty over time.

notdhgtxpedd.jpg

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    No matter how many times I brush him the floof returns within minutes

OiiwaUal.jpg

He's also taken to sitting on the back of a recliner at my MIL's so he can see onto the kitchen counter and make sure that any scraps of food don't go to waste

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    Zig just heard Canberra is up to 6 COVID cases now.

zqh3dtz7tvaq.jpg

• Options
    human you gonna die!

• Options
    what's going on with Zig's spine there

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Dog stuff.

GDdCWMm.jpg