As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ Minecraft: We're Still Here!

• Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    Sorry for the sudden downtime, it rained here so I was able to get some short-notice help with running wire so my internet was down for a bit, should be back up now.

I still need to install the proper outlet so it's not just a coax sticking out of the wall so there will be another short downtime, but I'll be able to post when that actually happens and give a fair warning.

• Options
    Enc wrote: »
    Aeyther wrote: »
    Server is back up for now, I will need to run coax to my new office room sometime this week and the server will be down again for a short time while that work happens.

So what do you think re: server updates? I assume its a way off while you get settled in.

I figured once 1.16 gets closer then looking into updates based on what people want. Otherwise the current map should always be up (excluding outages).

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    We are probably months away at this point

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    In that case, I'm starting a new build. Huzzah progress!

• Options
    Ok, construction and clearing has started on operation big castle.

z4jx7hnml7lc.png

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I should finish my underground thingie.
    But also dont wanna.

Edit: One of these days I will pick an appropriate build size that I dont get tired of.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Vrtra TheoryVrtra Theory Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, hidden deep in the nether, a Wither explodes and kills hundreds of chickens... (clearly I was busy accomplishing a lot this weekend).

kqtwlozh1xpl.png
    a25kiop6wapl.png

Are you a Software Engineer living in Seattle? HBO is hiring, message me.
  • Options
    :(

• Options
    SinisterSlimeSinisterSlime Registered User regular
    Greetings everyone. How have you all been? Been back on the craft recently, wondering where everyone is at? the old server IP isn't working for me.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    @Vrtra Theory I got a slime chunk but I don't know which chunk. in the pic below you can see I've carved out one chunk where I've seen slime. i just don't know if its that one or possibly one of the connecting ones.

an7r7qnxdcgl.jpg

@SinisterSlime
    I believe we are using ghugo.no-ip.org though you may need Aeyther to whitelist you.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    @Jakarrd in your quarry? If you'd be cool with me polluting the bottom of your quarry with a slime farm for a while, I'd be happy to find out which chunk it is and build it. If so just remind me of the coords!

• Options
    edited February 2020
    @Vrtra Theory Yeah, in my quarry. Overworld coords are thereabouts in the screenshot under the minimap. if by nether, take north from spawn (or south if you are coming out of your base to spawn I think) and when you get to my portal, there's a path opposite it that leads to my quarry, its unmarked at the moment. if its one of the chunks where my road is, let me know and I can divert around that chunk.

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    @Jakarrd found the chunk! Unfortunately it is mostly under rock, only a sliver was poking out into your current pit. So we'd need to do some digging.

Personally I would speed things up by doing some blasting but I will hold off if you want all of the stone.

• Options
    @Vrtra Theory If you have it marked, I can dig up to y18 in case I see diamonds and then you can blast the rest. I am not running out of stone anytime soon, lol.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Was the 1/2 sleep mod disabled?

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Enc wrote: »
    Was the 1/2 sleep mod disabled?

Yeah, it was letting night pass if only 1 person was sleeping after updating to 1.15. Been looking for another one in the meantime.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    KitharsisKitharsis Registered User regular
    Minecraft thread, it has been years. I was/am edge56 from one of the older se++ servers. I've been playing singleplayer for a while now and I have to say, the addiction has taken hold.

I just want to add my name into the hat for joining you all if there is a new server once the nether update comes out. The current seed I'm playing is more ocean than land, so my little island is getting pretty cramped. I don't want to reroll until the nether update comes out though. So I figured then would be a good time to hop on with you all.

If you could add me to the whitelist for the time being that would be awesome. Who knows, I might cave in and hop on with you all early anyway.

I updated my minecraft name to match my boards name, so please whitelist: Kitharsis

Thanks a bunch!

• Options
    Kitharsis wrote: »
    Minecraft thread, it has been years. I was/am edge56 from one of the older se++ servers. I've been playing singleplayer for a while now and I have to say, the addiction has taken hold.

I just want to add my name into the hat for joining you all if there is a new server once the nether update comes out. The current seed I'm playing is more ocean than land, so my little island is getting pretty cramped. I don't want to reroll until the nether update comes out though. So I figured then would be a good time to hop on with you all.

If you could add me to the whitelist for the time being that would be awesome. Who knows, I might cave in and hop on with you all early anyway.

I updated my minecraft name to match my boards name, so please whitelist: Kitharsis

Thanks a bunch!

Added!

• Options
    @Vrtra Theory Seems they keep popping up while I'm digging, lol.
    yapog1bawkvf.jpg

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Everyone has these snazzy mods!

• Options
    The health bars are a nice touch. Like a Baldurs Gate or something.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    These are all clientside mods if you are interested, using fabric.

Durability viewer - gives you an exact number on your tool so you can at a glance decide how far to push your tools, lets you see space left in inventory by slots, and display armor down around the hotbar.

Easier chests - gives arrows round inventories, so you can move by row, column, or matching items. Useful when i want to dump just stone all at once in to a chest.

appleskin - I believe this is the one that displays health bars

voxelmap - for minimap and map stuff

light overlay - displays light levels by yellow and red Xs. useful for torch coverage without dropping a torch every 3 spaces and such.

Jakarrd on

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    I just toggle f3 occasionally like a dirty peasant

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I just carry around a couple of stacks of torches and drop one every 5 blocks...

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I only really have one or two evenings per week available to play video games these days, but it might be nice to throw up a shelter in some unused portion of the map and get myself lost in an endless underground cavern like the olden days.

White list weavermatico

• Options
    @Aeyther See above ^^^

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    I only really have one or two evenings per week available to play video games these days, but it might be nice to throw up a shelter in some unused portion of the map and get myself lost in an endless underground cavern like the olden days.

White list weavermatico

Added

Thanks @Jakarrd

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah if I could please get a whitelist on HamamelisVA that'd be awesome

• Options
    Holy Piglins! Latest snapshot news makes 1.16 look like a crazy update.

• Options
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    Oh yeah if I could please get a whitelist on HamamelisVA that'd be awesome

Added!

• Options
    FEATURES IN 20W07A - latest snapshot

Endermen can now pick up some of the new Nether blocks
    Endermen will no longer pick up Netherrack
    Gave Hoglins some actual functionality
    Added Piglins
    The Wither can now be summoned using soul soil as base
    Netherite blocks can be used as the base of a beacon and Netherite ingots can be used as the fuel for a beacon. Weird flex but ok.

ADVANCEMENTS
    Piglins and Hoglins are now required for Monster Hunter and Monsters Hunted

HOGLINS
    Hoglins are big aggressive beasts that live in crimson forests in the Nether
    They attack players on sight, so be careful, they can easily knock you off a ledge!
    Hoglins drop pork and sometimes leather, but not willingly
    You can breed Hoglins by feeding them crimson fungi, but do so at your own risk
    Hoglins get hunted by Piglins sometimes, but they don’t go down without a fight!
    Despite this, Hoglins and Piglin aren’t enemies – they are more like an ecosystem
    Baby Hoglins like to pretend they are tough – but don’t worry, they are more like angry puppies with no teeth
    Want to keep Hoglins off your back? Pro tip: Hoglins hate the smell of warped fungi!

PIGLINS
    Piglins are an aggressive civilization that live in the Nether
    They mostly hang around in crimson forests, but you might find some in the Nether wastes too
    They think of players as target practice and will attack on sight
    However, if you dress appropriately (gold armor) they will see you as a respectable figure, or tolerable at least
    Piglins are suspicious of strangers and if they see you opening a chest, or mining a block of gold, they will assume that you’re stealing and will treat you accordingly
    Piglins LOVE gold and get very distracted by gold items
    Gold ingots are currency to Piglins and you can throw ingots at them or right-click them with an ingot to barter for various goods
    Piglins sometimes get hungry and hunt Hoglins for food. Or they try at least. They results… vary.
    Piglins prefer to hunt and fight in groups, and when a fight is happening everyone wants in
    Piglins that somehow end up in the overworld become zombified fairly quickly
    Piglins are creeped out by soul fire and zombified Piglins, and will stay clear whenever possible
    Wither skeletons are a historic enemy and Piglins will attack on sight
    Baby Piglins are not as dangerous, but they can be mischievous so watch your back … and they like to play with baby Hoglins

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Hm, still no way to reproduce more fungi instead of scavenging them from the Nether Forest Floor. I need a lot of that blue wood, dang it!

• Options
    Aeyther wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »

White list weavermatico

Added

Thanks @Jakarrd

@Aeyther Jak, Az, and I are noticing a lot of stutter on the server today, is everything cool?

• Options
    Looks like it had an issue this morning, I'll restart it later and see if that fixes anything.

• Options
    Played some on my single player world last night and man, do I need to figure out a lot of the new stuff

I am still basically playing the core beta survival gameplay loop from 2011, but now there's stuff like shipwrecks with buried treasure maps that show you a few chunks in decent enough detail to actually find buried chests?

• Options
    The treasure map stuff is cool although don't expect anything amazing for your typical needs. I believe buried treasure chests are the only way to get the stuff for a Conduit, but a Conduit is not particularly useful usually.

• Options
    see I had to look up what a Conduit even is

I'm still not even entirely sure how to do enchantments - most of my survival gameplay loop is still just the mining, farming, house expansion, and light exploration I was up to almost a decade ago, honestly

• Options
    Assuming you are on the server, we have villagers all over that you can trade resources for to get particular enchantments and apply them at an anvil. old school, you can craft an enchantment table and use your levels to make books (which tell you what you are going to get). You can also afk fish for enchantment books too.

And yes, what you do is still typically done, just you expand the base with all sorts of things. piston doors, automated sugar cane farms, a concrete generator, etc. I've mined a quarry that is at least 12 chunks clear and vrtra has a slime farm in it currently. It's sorta my third home base.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    The treasure map stuff is cool although don't expect anything amazing for your typical needs. I believe buried treasure chests are the only way to get the stuff for a Conduit, but a Conduit is not particularly useful usually.

I had three conduits lining all the coasts of my last survival island, which was sitting directly on an underwater ravine and close by to three others. They were incredibly handy for underwater building and underwater exploration/excavation, and also as a failsafe in case a Pillager rush overwhelmed me and I needed to bail immediately and regroup. But if your current build isn't an ancient abovewater/underwater lighthouse with a driftwood-salvage village at the base, then yeah it definitely wouldn't be quite as useful

• Options
    Totally, if you have an underwater or even "in-water" base then conduit would be killer. In fact a conduit plus a beacon (breathe in water and constantly regain health) would be really cool.

It almost makes me want to build underwater... almost :).