As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Indie Games] h o n k

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    fuck yes i love me some behemoth

even if their games have made me bust my tv once

I recently bought Castle Crashers for the third time, this time on my Switch. I don't know why I love that game so much, but I do

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    I beat my first playthough of Rogue Legacy!

Boss-talk, including final boss
    Ponce de Leon was definitely a pain with its fireballs, but I ended up using the Barbarian for their high hp pool and shout to clear the field.
    The blob was actually easy picking with my next character - a lich - as I had maxed out my MP and just spammed Crow Storm once I'd broken it apart a few times.

I tried to cheese Johannes with an Archmage and Timestop, but alas the second form was too much. So I just used a Barbarian again after I realised that their shout destroys the daggers before they launch, allowing me to hit The Fountain over and over again.

NG+ has drawn me in, I'm content to futz around until I get bored though.

Oh no, you haven't done the remix bosses yet, have you? I pray for you, friend. They were only time I nearly broke a controller in half. They're pretty much the last thing to do. Goodluck.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Oh shit, there was a remastered Castle Crashers!

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    fuck yes i love me some behemoth

even if their games have made me bust my tv once

I recently bought Castle Crashers for the third time, this time on my Switch. I don't know why I love that game so much, but I do

it's because Castle Crashers is dope as fuck

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    my main memory of Castle Crashers will forever be that shitting deer

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    like i legit rank castle crashers up there with some of the greatest couch co-op games of all time, like turtles in time or double dragon, it's genuinely a good game.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    like i legit rank castle crashers up there with some of the greatest couch co-op games of all time, like turtles in time or double dragon, it's genuinely a good game.

I wish somebody would figure out the rights and bring back the Scott Pilgrim game. That was one of my favorite modern brawlers.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    There was a new TMNT co-op at the arcade recently. Wonder if it's on a system yet. Played really clean. (Was set on ridiculous hard tho, cause this arcade is cheap and grubby)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I would like to go back to actually owning the Scott Pilgrim game instead of theoretically owning it, yeah.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    I was wrong about DOOM and Animal Crossing and Cyberpunk and everything else, THIS is the only game that matters this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDQLhMKNPw4&feature=youtu.be

If you're a weirdo like me you might have played a bunch of SOLDAT, a multiplayer side-scrolling deathmatch shooter, over LAN at internet cafes and LAN events. After almost 20 years the original developer is making a sequel and it's coming out Q2 this year. (The same devs, Transhuman Design, also put out f2p multiplayer game King Arthur's Gold a couple years back)
    To me this is legitimately one of the most exciting game announcements in a while.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

seems like a fine puzzle game but also augh god no whyyy

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Making my way through Indivisible right now. I'm see-sawing between loving it and getting frustrated/bored. Fights went from brutal, to exhilarating to currently tedious (due to damage sponge enemies). I like the main cast, but I'm pretty close to ignoring all these (I presume) Kickstarter NPCs because of how jarring they are and how plentiful they are in any given town.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Making my way through Indivisible right now. I'm see-sawing between loving it and getting frustrated/bored. Fights went from brutal, to exhilarating to currently tedious (due to damage sponge enemies). I like the main cast, but I'm pretty close to ignoring all these (I presume) Kickstarter NPCs because of how jarring they are and how plentiful they are in any given town.

This was about where I landed with it. It never really feels like it leans into either of its two genres enough to be interesting as either.

I'll say this if your problem is damage, though: I blew through most of the trash mobs in the game with a party of Tungar (the turban guy), Leilani (the islander girl) (substitute Dhar with rocks active if you don't have her), and Razmi. Both Leilani and Tungar's down-attacks are powerful AoEs, which means that you can pretty much just hold down and spam Leilani, Tungar, and Ajna's buttons to blow up the enemy party. If you need more damage after that, you either have Razmi attack normally (which will also hit sufficiently clustered enemies) or use the trick where you do Razmi's down-attack (which brings her close) before using her third-level special, whose wind-up actually has a hitbox.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular

seems like a fine puzzle game but also augh god no whyyy

break a leg

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    'The Pedestrian' is on Steam and the later levels are breaking my brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLzHwweCn_8

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    'The Pedestrian' is on Steam and the later levels are breaking my brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLzHwweCn_8

That looks super fucking cool, and impossibly difficult for someone as dumb as I am

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular

I've seen some licensed games stray pretty far afield of the source material, but this My Hero Academia game has them all beat.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    https://youtu.be/IwdVfu9ihe4

The Fancy Pants Adventure: World 1 remaster is out now on itch, $2. It's the first world of the original game with new content, including the unlockable character Cutie Pants who uses a grappling hook to swing around. Also, if you back Brad Borne's Patreon you can play an early access build of the World 2 remaster right now.
    It's also free on iOS and Android, ad-supported.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Wait, does that exist outside of Kongregate?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Wait, does that exist outside of Kongregate?
    Yeah, it was on a bunch of other flash game sites, and on the creator's website.

• Options
    edited February 2020

The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, a group of over 20,000 game industry professionals, gave Untitled Goose Game it's Game of the Year Award, over the other nominees Death Stranding, Disco Elysium, Control, and Outer Wilds.
    Wow.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, a group of over 20,000 game industry professionals, gave Untitled Goose Game it's Game of the Year Award, over the other nominees Death Stranding, Disco Elysium, Control, and Outer Wilds.
    Honk.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Did they actually give it the award , or did the goose steal it and they are just covering up?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    ...gave Untitled Goose Game it's Game of the Year Award, over the other nominees Death Stranding, Disco Elysium, Control, and Outer Wilds.
    Hold my [Honk!] in life, hold my [honk!] in death. The president is a [honking] [honk!].

I have such a [honking] hangover I can't [honking] even remember who I am or where [honking] my badge and gun is.

Floor 42 and 3/NaN^2 is the [honk!] Goose floor. If you think being [honk] down in 'The Clocks' is bad, get a [honking] load of this!

Get your [honking] stinking capitalism out of our [honking] freshly colonised solar system! This message brought to you by [honker]'s choice!

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »

This was about where I landed with it. It never really feels like it leans into either of its two genres enough to be interesting as either.

I'll say this if your problem is damage, though: I blew through most of the trash mobs in the game with a party of Tungar (the turban guy), Leilani (the islander girl) (substitute Dhar with rocks active if you don't have her), and Razmi. Both Leilani and Tungar's down-attacks are powerful AoEs, which means that you can pretty much just hold down and spam Leilani, Tungar, and Ajna's buttons to blow up the enemy party. If you need more damage after that, you either have Razmi attack normally (which will also hit sufficiently clustered enemies) or use the trick where you do Razmi's down-attack (which brings her close) before using her third-level special, whose wind-up actually has a hitbox.

It's been a bit, but if you're still playing the game, I remember Phoebe being a great single-target damage dealer. Her down attack does huge amounts of damage to a launched target. Ideally, you're supposed to combine her actions with a launcher party member to maximize the effect, though she had her own launcher and was pretty effective on her own as well.

Also, the game isn't too overt about it, but Ajna's axe attacks almost always have a followup attack, which can almost double her damage.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    I was wrong about DOOM and Animal Crossing and Cyberpunk and everything else, THIS is the only game that matters this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDQLhMKNPw4&feature=youtu.be

If you're a weirdo like me you might have played a bunch of SOLDAT, a multiplayer side-scrolling deathmatch shooter, over LAN at internet cafes and LAN events. After almost 20 years the original developer is making a sequel and it's coming out Q2 this year. (The same devs, Transhuman Design, also put out f2p multiplayer game King Arthur's Gold a couple years back)
    To me this is legitimately one of the most exciting game announcements in a while.

Cool! Soldat came out at the perfect time for me, fond memories playing it in high school computer classes. King Arthur's Gold is also incredibly good, I even made a thread or two for it back in the day. Gonna definitely give this a go when it comes out.

• Options

like a nintendo direct, but shovel-ier

• Options
    edited February 2020
    https://youtu.be/Z3P6wulA9QI

UCH is a fantastic game and I love that they still put out occasional new content, I do wish that the new crossplay feature included PC and Xbox though

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I only today found out Slay The Spire got a new update with a new character, but I'm on Switch so I'll have to wait however long.

In the meantime, I've gotten deep into Dead Cells again, The Bad Seed DLC is great. Definitely one of those games that I will happily pay for more content. Slay The Spire is another game in that category, if they ever wanted to add new enemies/events/characters et al.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I know when they talked about the idea of adding the Watcher they suggested that there would be more free DLC than just her going forward as well. I'm right there with you though, and would happily pay for anything they wanted to add at this point.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    y'all want crimson skies only with orkz right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4i-phXWDVY&feature=emb_logo

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Sum right flash shootas, ya git.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    y'all want crimson skies only with orkz right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4i-phXWDVY&feature=emb_logo

holy shit I didn't realize I needed this more than life itself

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I hope they really lean into "orc shit just works because orcs believe it" and let you like, keep flying without wings provided you have HP.

Sure it don't fly asWELL but the tekorc's dial says it should still fly so it's gonna.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I hope they really lean into "orc shit just works because orcs believe it" and let you like, keep flying without wings provided you have HP.

Sure it don't fly asWELL but the tekorc's dial says it should still fly so it's gonna.

The fuel gauge is literally just a piece of paper glued to the dash that says "Fuel: Lotz"

Never needs to fill up.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Re:supply mechanics is to frantically scribble your new supplies in sharpie if the old bit of paper gets shot off.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Paint the outside of your fighta bomba red for a 10% max speed boost.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

The fuel gauge is literally just a piece of paper glued to the dash that says "Fuel: Lotz"

Never needs to fill up.

Sadly, the fuel gauge sticker is mostly obscured by dakka stickers to assure the pilot that they are still well supplied with ammunition.