As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Webcomics] Marys and Wilburs and Cagle Cats, oh my!

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Sometimes you just want big strong mean pretty lady to yell at you

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    xxoqocqtdpkz.jpg

Come Guardian!

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Go all in on it and have the tapir write an old timey novel titled Swords, only for the book to kill them.

Is the book shaped like a sword and accidentally stabs RT? I feel it would be appropriate to the setting, but I like the idea that Rapier Tapir is just bludgeoned by the weight of a truly massive doorstopper of a regular book that he wrote and then foolishly stored on a high shelf.
    For, surely, no sword could fell the mighty Tapir, but the written word?

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Go all in on it and have the tapir write an old timey novel titled Swords, only for the book to kill them.

Is the book shaped like a sword and accidentally stabs RT? I feel it would be appropriate to the setting, but I like the idea that Rapier Tapir is just bludgeoned by the weight of a truly massive doorstopper of a regular book that he wrote and then foolishly stored on a high shelf.
    For, surely, no sword could fell the mighty Tapir, but the written word?

I was thinking it literally just holds a sword between its pages and fights them to the death.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    The cop wins

yaaay

I mean sometimes people who are wrong win. Sometimes morality and fighting prowess aren't linked?

Like the last two panels make it pretty clear that White Chain knows she's doing the wrong thing. It's not a real victory.

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    So how is White Chain able to maintain their form without the stone body?

White Chain has a fire umbilical cord to the stone body.

Oh! I thought you were just being metaphorical but looking at it again there really is an umbilical cord. Abbadon is so amazing with those details.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

Rapier Tapir is OP mary sue character. Clearly an author self-insertion :P

I've never considered this possibility, but now I may need to kill him off to avoid everyone thinking that's the case.

Lads, we've managed to lure another comic artist into our lair! Quickly now, set up the pit before they get away!

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    I recommend Swordscomic to my all friends whats a good comic they ask me and I tell em asked and answered goes that question

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Cambiata wrote: »

I've never considered this possibility, but now I may need to kill him off to avoid everyone thinking that's the case.

Lads, we've managed to lure another comic artist into our lair! Quickly now, set up the pit before they get away!

How did you read my draft? :bigfrown:

Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Just use Ronnie's cage. It's been empty since he escaped.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    It's just anticlimactic and ruins three of the best pages in the story retroactively. Allicio figures out her teacher's tells then does a bonkers attack that looks amazing then feels super bad about it... but doesn't matter it didn't work oh look then she gets defeated in one hit nevermind.

Aistan on
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I wouldnt worry. Its not over yet.

Elaro wrote: »

Everything I've ever said has been plagiarised from someone else before they could say it

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Yeah? Well Everything I've ever said has been
    original
    from
    me
    before they could say it

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

Everything I've ever said has been plagiarised from someone else before they could say it

No, not you, Cambiata !

Children's rights are human rights.
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Rapier Tapir for president 2020

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

I'm amused that enough of us click through that authors notice it in analytics and swing by.

This is like when the creator of Bleed came by because Pixie gifted so many copies of it.

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Speakibg of Bleed 2 was also a great game

qiawdr4m4vk3.png
    Dumbing of Age

Said casual topics certainly won't include how moms can be terrible people who do terrible things.

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    It'll be divorce or something legal related given the conversation. "Oh you're a studying law? How do I do X or what is X?"

• Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    It could be "hey, your mum funded Toe Dad's release from prison so look out for that"

Going by this and yesterday, it's definitely a 'you really need to hear this but your mom doesn't want you to' thing.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Oglaf is NSFW and again violating health codes

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Going by this and yesterday, it's definitely a 'you really need to hear this but your mom doesn't want you to' thing.

Oh law, really? Could you put my daughter on the phone and go research how many times she could wack a crazy parent against the head with a blunt object and still plead self defense?

Hypothetically?

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    This is from yesterday's Dumbing of Age but yes it is occasionally very difficult to resist the urge to throw a "hail satan" in certain conversations.

Guys, we already know why he's calling. He's calling to tell Joyce to tell Becky that Toedad is out on bail.

I used the cuckolding update and our discussion of it to springboard a discussion of unpacking racial history and sexuality in America.

The first comment convinced me that I need to continue this path to liberate my people from their ignorance, and thay ohjoysextoy shall be my hammer to break their intellectual chains.

Thanks, Khoo.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

I feel like he's done this joke before

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Pretty sure "I'm broke and don't have sex" is a universal punchline.

I have stopped reading rock cocks for a while because Seth is....

Look, I always knew his his character was off but the train wreck is coming, so I am just going to wait until spring so I can read it all in one go.

Mentors usually betray the main characters in JRPG's, right?

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »

Pretty sure "I'm broke and don't have sex" is a universal punchline.

I meant specifically "mugger goes to rob a guy and his wallet is empty and the mugger feels bad" is an SMBC he's done before. Or maybe I'm thinking of another webcomic.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    "Mugger feels bad for person they're mugging" is a framing device that has been deployed many a time.

This discussion has been closed.