As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2020 app is out

EL_Limon_CubanoEL_Limon_Cubano Boston, MARegistered User regular
Just downloaded it

drhmrzipmoio.png

• Options
    DrippySlimeStarDrippySlimeStar Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    For IOS and Android? I'm not seeing anything on the Google Play Store.

Edit: False alarm, found it. Thanks!

DrippySlimeStar on
  • Options
    silentFIGUREsilentFIGURE PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    finally! thanks for the heads up, downloading now 😎

fqvs4fpku5cl.png
  • Options
    BinaryTBBinaryTB Registered User regular
  • Options
    helen0rzhelen0rz Registered User regular
    side quesiton: anyone knows how much coat check is? and where to find out if anyone is sponsoring that again?

48vla9t2j9ff.png
  • Options
    starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    helen0rz wrote: »
    side quesiton: anyone knows how much coat check is? and where to find out if anyone is sponsoring that again?

I haven't seen anything on it this year, but if I remember from a few years ago it was $3-$5 per day

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    No more Jamespace?

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    starNOstar wrote: »
    I haven't seen anything on it this year, but if I remember from a few years ago it was $3-$5 per day

Is it cash only? I'm going to make a point to have cash on me for it, but in the event that I forget lol!

48vla9t2j9ff.png
  • Options
    XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    No more Jamespace?

Looks like not, the space it was in last year appears to be Tabletop Quiet Play. A shame, although I admit I rarely spent much time there.

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • Options
    starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular

Is it cash only? I'm going to make a point to have cash on me for it, but in the event that I forget lol!

I don't think I've ever had a coat check that accepted card so I would assume cash
    Also keep in mind with card for anything during Pax, there are thousands of transactions happening at any given moment and terminals can go down. Cards can fail, cash can't

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • Options

I don't think I've ever had a coat check that accepted card so I would assume cash
    Also keep in mind with card for anything during Pax, there are thousands of transactions happening at any given moment and terminals can go down. Cards can fail, cash can't

true. thanks!

48vla9t2j9ff.png
  • Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    Xenigma wrote: »
    Looks like not, the space it was in last year appears to be Tabletop Quiet Play. A shame, although I admit I rarely spent much time there.

I spent only a little time in there too, but checked it out for a bit while there was a lull. Maybe a couple hours each year. I just feel like the things I really enjoyed are slowly disappearing from East.

The developer panels, the arcade machine room, Jamspace, the good giveaways. I still really enjoy the event, but for me it is phasing out.

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    DrippySlimeStarDrippySlimeStar Registered User regular

I make sure to bring my PAX money in the form of cash. It's the one way I can budget myself.

• Options
    PainePaine Registered User regular
    Boy, this year’s app is pretty bad for making your own schedule. A single long list of “favorites” that has no filtering or formatting or tabs. How did the most important function of the app get so overlooked?

6nOrszL.png
  • Options
    SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    The south version of the app had the same criticism. The Google Play store has a 2.9 rating for South version (East is at 1.9 right now).

Not sure why they changed it up without any BETA testing. Should have run it alongside the Guidebook version for a few events to get the issues out. Or just continue to use Guidebook.

Sepioth on
    4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2020
    It's the same app vendor ReedPOP uses for some of its other cons, so I think the idea was likely unification of vendors?

zerzhul on
  • Options
    jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    Will there be any web version, like Guidebook so we can get hi-res maps and easier exhibitor lists?

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • Options
    jayh0va wrote: »
    Will there be any web version, like Guidebook so we can get hi-res maps and easier exhibitor lists?
    That would be great honestly. In the years past I print them out and my notes on them so that I don’t have to rely on any internet connection (or lack thereof).

48vla9t2j9ff.png
  • Options
    SatoruSatoru Registered User regular
    That would be great honestly. In the years past I print them out and my notes on them so that I don’t have to rely on any internet connection (or lack thereof).

the app works even in airplane mode so as long as the app has downloaded all the relevant maps/events/etc you don't really need internet to use it

• Options
    It's admittedly a bit of a niche request from me as I like to research the booths and make a custom map, so I have a plan of attack for maximum efficiency. Some say I'm overthinking it. Others say I'm overthinking it. Whatever...it makes me happy! This year, I ended up pulling from the pdf of the program that they posted and did some Excel-Foo to rip out the vendor names and booth numbers.

Example of my custom maps (name that year for bonus points!):
    a16fg6sfbogz.jpg

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • Options
    MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    a16fg6sfbogz.jpg

2014. What do I win?

• Options
    eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    Man, the schedule filtering (or lack thereof) and the missing add custom item to schedule is a major loss of usability compared to the old app. Also, I really miss the ability to set custom reminder times on things - meaning i would set a 15 minute reminder for something I know will not cap, but an hour on something that is guaranteed to cap. Definitely helped with time management.

0j92muX.png
  • Options
    Marino wrote: »
    2014. What do I win?

Winner, Winner!

You've been awarded 17 points and a firm handshake! :P

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • Options
    videohead118videohead118 Buffalo,NYRegistered User regular
    Merch banner is up on the app now.

fi7sb7594b2d.png
  • Options
    PainePaine Registered User regular
    Is the app ever going to get an updated schedule? The Obsidian panel on Saturday still isn't there.

6nOrszL.png
  • Options
    sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    The app is garbage, cant sort the giant schedual and zoom doesnt seem to work it just rotates the map, oh and the crashing.

Sadly it looks like this is my last pax it sucked when the arcade left they did it for free and pax charged them to do it, they got rid of jam space, there arent any good concerts they have what one this year? Foods gotten worse every uear, you cant even get a beer anymore...
    It's admittedly a bit of a niche request from me as I like to research the booths and make a custom map, so I have a plan of attack for maximum efficiency. Some say I'm overthinking it. Others say I'm overthinking it. Whatever...it makes me happy! This year, I ended up pulling from the pdf of the program that they posted and did some Excel-Foo to rip out the vendor names and booth numbers.

a16fg6sfbogz.jpg

dude i love you, also thank you for putting game underground on the map (my friends booth)

edit im stupid i thought that was this years booth, you have one for this year

sillyzombie666 on
    I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • Options
    dude i love you, also thank you for putting game underground on the map (my friends booth)

edit im stupid i thought that was this years booth, you have one for this year

Thanks! I've just grabbed what PA provides and color it in to make it easier to hit the floor quick so I can spend as much time in Tabletop as possible. I just finished this year's and it's by far the most barren I've ever seen. I think that has more to do with the fact that I've shifted so much attention to tabletop and will only be at the con for two days, but still. Yikes. I also left off all of the game shops since I always end up bumping into them anyway.
    bpcofvrsdibu.png

npyymaqh3gup.png