As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Fight the good fight, join the S-Team today!

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    signature.png
    I guess I'll make one for my goty too
    signature.png

New page new post

A few days left

steam_sig.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The Division 2 servers went down last night, so will be trying it tonight

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    @Karoz proved once again what a classy bastard they are by gifting me Void Bastards :lol:

Thank you so much, buddy!

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Well that was a good night of carousing with my nursing student buddy.

Ah green envelopes, must be the chit chats I had last night.

Wait...what the...
    lw3uhd8rvkck.png

A Killer Deer sent to slay me?! Well too bad I know kung fu!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCk9VAxEpD0

I never got past the stairs...

Thanks @Heatwave you jerk!

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Fuck, that was supposed to be the job thread.

Still works

Still works

Royce, don't ever change.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

Still works
    OH NO!

NOW IT WONT MAKE SENSE WITHOUT THE CONTEXT! :surprised:

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Huh, the boss fight in Sam's Story is actually pretty competently done. There's pretty clear tells for every attack, pretty clear ways to avoid them or stop them, and enough time to do so but not so much that it's trivial. Like it's not amazing, but we all know how bad some FPS bosses can be so I wasn't really expecting DLC for some eurojank to deliver above average in that regard.

cB557 on
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I am the pink Dovahkiin.

?.png

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    I am the pink Dovahkiin.

Goo goo g'joob!

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I am sad I have found no pink dyes so far.

I have to make do with less awesome colors.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I am sad I have found no pink dyes so far.

I have to make do with less awesome colors.

You are weird and those colors are beautiful. :wink:

/opinions

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I am a big fan of the blue-green end of the spectrum, including teal.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Playing Sam's Story and Wolfenstein: Youngblood back to back, I'm finding myself comparing them. Kinda weird games to do that with, granted, but oddly enough I feel like there's several things that I come to Metro for that Youngbloods is doing better? Like, first, tactical-feeling gunfights that you start in stealth, try and whittle down the enemies, and then when things go hot you need to stick to cover, outmaneuver the enemy, and aim for the head. They both do that, and while the stealth is probably more carefully crafted in Metro than in Wolfenstein, I think in general I preferred Wolfenstein. A bit better at giving you a lot of interesting ways to come at a problem and maneuver through a firefight, and it also has leaning. Peeking around cover feels a lot better in Youngblood thanks to that, while Metro had that issue of how reliably you could avoid damage varying significantly depending on how well your available cover happened to map to standing-height or crouching-height. Let you be more creative with your positioning in Youngblood than in Metro, and also having a dedicated lean button just feels extra "tactical".
    Another area that they overlap is gun customization. While I'd like Metro: Exodus's gun customization to be a more practical feeling matter of trade-offs in handling, it's mostly just flat upgrades and being able to put a heavier barrel on a gun and now it deals more damage. (A lot of the parts that are flat upgrades to stability mention something about making the gun heavier, but weight isn't listed as a stat and I've never noticed any difference when using them) While Youngblood's customization is even more fanciful than Exodus's, I feel like if gives a lot more interesting choices to make and ways to completely change the feel of a weapon. Doesn't scratch the itch of like, realistic practical feeling, but Exodus doesn't either, so at least Youngblood's is more fun.
    Lastly, they both have elements of searching the environment for resources, and while I think the first two Metro games did a great job of this, I think Exodus was a step back in this area. A lot less interesting little environmental puzzles, a lot more "Does this ruined car have anything in it? No. Does this ruined car have anything in it? No. This one? Yes." While Sam's Story has more of the interesting kind of looting than the base game did, it still has a lot of exploration that goes unrewarded, or just amounts to poking your head into a room, opening the three lockers in it, and leaving. Meanwhile, I really like the way Youngbloods gets you to look around for alleys and open windows and ways you can platform up to higher elevations, and pretty consistently rewards this with caches of ammo or coins or the like. It rewards paying attention to the environment, but not in a way that I'm like, hugging walls looking for an interact prompt. I'm just looking around the area for natural parts of the scenery that I can make use of.
    They're still very different games, of course, one has a double jump and the other has a "wipe gas mask" button, but I still had a surprising amount of times where I was playing Sam's story and thought to myself "Youngbloods did this better".

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Monster Hunter World looks cool but the hunters always handle like a brick.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

That's just the style of game it is. It's not a "flashy slashy dodgey wodgey" game it's a "pick the right time and place to attack or get literally stepped on" game.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    If you want more dodgy gameplay, Toukiden is there.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Garthor wrote: »

That's just the style of game it is. It's not a "flashy slashy dodgey wodgey" game it's a "pick the right time and place to attack or get literally stepped on" game.

This explains the behavior of longsword/dual wield players so much :wink:

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Trying to move my Steam stuff onto a bigger drive. I can just copy the files, delete all the Steam executable support files, run Steam and be in business, yes? Or did I manufacture that option in a fever dream?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    edited February 2020
    Disco Elysium is great.

Im blown away by how little hand holding there is in the game. You actually do detective work to the point where you start to feel like a detective.

I mean a bad one, but still...

Also the less you know going into it the better, since the exposition your skills give you is fantastic.

Bedlam on
  • CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    Wolcen is a lot more popular than I anticipated. It's even one of the top 10 categories on Twitch.

76561197967491341.png
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Iolo wrote: »
    Trying to move my Steam stuff onto a bigger drive. I can just copy the files, delete all the Steam executable support files, run Steam and be in business, yes? Or did I manufacture that option in a fever dream?

I think you need to also add the new drive as a library location. You also may need to "install" the games to force Steam to verify all the files.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

There are some more mobile weapon types. Insect Glaive involves a lot of aerial movement and Lance can involve charging around a lot. But it is a more methodical approach to combat than most games.
    Karoz wrote: »

While both have relatively quick swings, needing to get off consecutive hits for combos or to make efficient use of demon mode does tend to plant one's feet.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

I think you need to also add the new driver as a library location. You also may need to "install" the games to force Steam to verify all the files.

If anything, Steam built moving files from one disk to another into the UI, as opposed to just manually moving files around and hoping.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00

I think you need to also add the new driver as a library location. You also may need to "install" the games to force Steam to verify all the files.

If anything, Steam built moving files from one disk to another into the UI, as opposed to just manually moving files around and hoping.

That's one game at a time, though, yes? Can you do it in-UI for the whole kit and caboodle?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    I still just default to using Steam Mover. Never had an issue.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.

There are some more mobile weapon types. Insect Glaive involves a lot of aerial movement and Lance can involve charging around a lot. But it is a more methodical approach to combat than most games.

While both have relatively quick swings, needing to get off consecutive hits for combos or to make efficient use of demon mode does tend to plant one's feet.

Yeah, and I like watching Dan Floyd playing with a bow most, where you have to pick when to dodge, and when you're in range to fire a volley of arrows or the big long shot one that goes straight through a monster, etc.

9g1tydq7pxq6.png

@ReverseCreations did a thing.

Thanks for Florence! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Alright, so copying the files, deleting everything in the Steam folder itself except the Steam executable, and then running the executable worked a treat. I'm in business, with room to breathe!

j5esjHD.png

:)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Disco Elysium is great.

Im blown away by how little hand holding there is in the game. You actually do detective work to the point where you start to feel like a detective.

I mean a bad one, but still...

Also the less you know going into it the better, since the exposition your skills give you is fantastic.

This may explain why I'm kinda burning out on it despite enjoying it greatly and not having played that much so far.

Just want to explore but then I have a huge conversation with some two random old men and I feel exhausted and don't want to play more.

Yeah Im surprised at not getting tired with all the reading. The art/voice acting/writing really helps.

If you are feeling overwhelmed I think you can talk to Kim for refreshers? Some characters you could just talk to again if you need to.

But most of the game unfolds through conversation so if you arent digging it thats ok. :+1:

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Disco Elysium is great.
    Yes, yes it is.
    signature.png
    I guess I'll make one for my goty too
    signature.png
    Dawn of the final day

steam_sig.png
    Yeah Im surprised at not getting tired with all the reading. The art/voice acting/writing really helps.

If you are feeling overwhelmed I think you can talk to Kim for refreshers? Some characters you could just talk to again if you need to.

But most of the game unfolds through conversation so if you arent digging it thats ok. :+1:

I dunno, I appreciate it but it's just...too intense for me it seems.

When I started I was in the right mind set but then it's just...overwhelming.

I know what I'm doing but it's like, I just wanted to chit chat with a dude, not have an existential crisis in the process.

Which I get, it's that kind of game, I'm just not sure how much I am really enjoying it.

Finally back on Nier Automata after my 24 hour stream and it's...alright. I fight some dudes and am not completely bored.

I dunno, I appreciate it but it's just...too intense for me it seems.

When I started I was in the right mind set but then it's just...overwhelming.

I know what I'm doing but it's like, I just wanted to chit chat with a dude, not have an existential crisis in the process.

Which I get, it's that kind of game, I'm just not sure how much I am really enjoying it.

Everything you're saying here makes me doubly glad I decided against the game, to be honest.

I should pick one of my games and just play it, but I've also been sick for days and I have no brain.

Wolcen continues to taunt me by dropping pink dyes for everyone ELSE in chat, but never for me.

I continue to make do with what I get.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    edited February 2020
    Kori Odan proved interesting as we moved through the last of the tutoriap chapter and had a series of "Hey, Listen!" moments with the wife that transitioned from nagging to character development.

Also got a better read on the magic system.

You unlock aspects from your ancestors. Main character started out with "Honor"

His first rival had, "Revolution"

The first boss outside the intro had "Perversion"
    659V2Rh.jpg

You sync with an ancestor, get power

RoyceSraphim on
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    5nkfaihqtdh41.jpg

I hear the theme song.

I want the Rocksteady game.
    Static X's crowning glory in life will be the Batman Beyond theme song. Pity their lead lost his life to suicide.

This discussion has been closed.