As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Is Reno beatable? He keeps killing me T1.

Edit: third time’s the charm. He had been playing the “your spells cast twice” guy with the “gain five mana crystals” spell, the “gain 5 spell damage” spell, and then started blasting me for a T1 lethal.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Is Reno beatable? He keeps killing me T1.

Edit: third time’s the charm. He had been playing the “your spells cast twice” guy with the “gain five mana crystals” spell, the “gain 5 spell damage” spell, and then started blasting me for a T1 lethal.

Yeah had that on the first attempt I did. Sometimes he just has a nutso draw that's not possible to counter.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Coldrazor wrote: »
    Goofing around with highlander Reno dragon mage, and this druid keeps emoting after almost every play. I turn 9 Alexstraza him and hit him for 5. He completes quest and fills board with a big wall of taunts. I play Kalecgos and discover pyro for lethal, with a "Whoops". aks7l5z6p6j5.jpg
    Whoops.

imagine getting that angry over a card game

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I'm the opposite where my rogue opponent was dead to rights but played an emergency 1 draw Galakrond and hit scamqueen scamextrasza which gave him the heal to full dragon and my reaction was not to scream and punch drywall but instead to laugh bitterly and concede with zero emotional register

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Coldrazor wrote: »
    Goofing around with highlander Reno dragon mage, and this druid keeps emoting after almost every play. I turn 9 Alexstraza him and hit him for 5. He completes quest and fills board with a big wall of taunts. I play Kalecgos and discover pyro for lethal, with a "Whoops". aks7l5z6p6j5.jpg
    Whoops.
    One of these days It’ll be me. One of these days.

Edit: it happened. My only regret is auto correct mussed up my counter troll.

99jvmo27bg6v.png

zepherin on
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    A quick shout-out once again to the 20/15/10/5 floor backstops allowing insane deck experiments on the ladder at no penalty.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    A quick shout-out once again to the 20/15/10/5 floor backstops allowing insane deck experiments on the ladder at no penalty.

I am at the Standard rank 10 floor right now, living my best life.

In another week or so I'll play a serious deck and knock out rank 5 in Standard.

But for now, life is good.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Dibby wrote: »
    imagine getting that angry over a card game
    Those words are exactly what I'm thinking most the time I'm playing Hearthstone. But I'm also never going to add someone to my friends list and try to type them to someone.

forty on
    I just strategically played nozdormu. They were quest paladin and I knew they were going to do some fancy shit to stay alive and so 15 second turns while I play 1 chonky boy at a time.

edited February 2020
    I try to rope to the very end and instantly drop Noz + end turn but my opponent is always too wily

Beasteh on
    In the land of murlocs and mechs the one who is nefarian is king.

• Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    I'm pretty annoyed that the "you won't face the same opponent more than once every three rounds" patch doesn't work right for the top 3. I run into this all the time.

17bwnbiovz4t.jpg

edited February 2020
    gFIuuTQ.png?1
    hPIBWz1.png

Well this was just plain unfair lmao

Triple Kaboom with Triple Rivendare would basically all but assure Divine Shields were gone, Kangor's would resummon THREE of them, my final opponent's Hydra cleaved onto ALL THREE AT THE SAME TIME and that was it. The resulting damage explosion cleaned basically everything else up save a few but the Ghastcoilers ended up doing WORK after that.

I originally had a Mama Bear with Rat Pack and some other stuff but I upgraded to 6 and pitched Mama and the Rat for other better shit (2nd Ghastcoiler, Kangor's). I also had a triple Selfless too, but there was a choice of pitching that or Kaboom and I decided to keep Kaboom instead since I knew nabbing a Kangor's would be easy gg.

edit: It was actually a really strange road getting to this point though, I started out just spamming Yogg's HP and ended up with a strong midgame of Soul Jugglers/Demons/Mal'ganis? No Wrath Weaver or Floating Watcher, just Soul Juggler pings and triple Imprisoner and stuff like that (along with Selfless, Spawn of N'Zoth, etc). But then I found Rivendare, picked up some Kabooms along the way, decided on a pivot to Beasts as soon as I found one Goldrinn (nabbed him, rerolled HARD for Hydra, got Mama off a Triple). At that point I just full swapped to Beasts, but then ended up pitching most of them for the T6 stuff!

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I cannot wait for zillax to rotate. So tired of people pulling a win out of their ass with that card because you can’t trade into it without giving them massive life gains

ronzo wrote: »
    I cannot wait for zillax to rotate. So tired of people pulling a win out of their ass with that card because you can’t trade into it without giving them massive life gains

see i'm gonna miss zilliax though

i honestly think it was a fairly balanced card if you excluded magnetic shenannies (at which point it can hit obscenely overpowered levels of healing, depending on the magnetize...)

it was just a good anti-aggro card and it really helped stem the tide of aggressive decks without being too oppressive, i think. it saw play in almost every deck but not once did i ever think that card was too strong (again, barring magnetic bullshit...)

cards like zilliax help keep aggro decks in check, because when there aren't enough anti-aggro tools we end up in a full aggro meta where control decks and other types of decks can't exist. i actually think cards like faceless corruptor are a MUCH bigger problem than zilliax ever was. that is a card that lets you easily kill off potentially three of your opponent's minions and then still possibly have two bodies leftover, as well as being able to drop it on cheap cards like lackeys and tokens to create a board swing.

DNiDlnb.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    you don't need to keep aggro decks in check

aggro decks are the ones that do the checking

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    you don't need to keep aggro decks in check

aggro decks are the ones that do the checking

aggro decks absolutely need to be kept in check!

in a hypothetical meta where there was no healing or rush minions or anything, you know what deck would run rampant without any counters?

face hunter. nothin' but. but as it stands, one zilliax or even a lifedrinker or something can literally turn that match around.

DNiDlnb.png
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Why is no one playing Quest Warlock? It has so much heal and removal that it should have a healthy place in the meta now. Especially with the new cards added in.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
    People are?? I am playing a lackey version with Tekahn and the new ethereal legendary guy

edited February 2020
    Really? I have not encountered one this whole month! Love to see your version!

Here is mine, but it's not focussed on Lackeys. Sounds fun, though!

### Quest Hakkar
    # Class: Warlock
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Dragon
    #
    # 1x (1) Supreme Archaeology
    # 1x (1) The Soularium
    # 2x (2) Plot Twist
    # 2x (2) Questing Explorer
    # 2x (3) Bad Luck Albatross
    # 2x (3) Dark Skies
    # 2x (4) Hellfire
    # 1x (5) Dollmaster Dorian
    # 2x (5) Rotten Applebaum
    # 1x (5) Zilliax
    # 2x (6) Aranasi Broodmother
    # 2x (6) Khartut Defender
    # 1x (6) Siphon Soul
    # 1x (7) Arch-Villain Rafaam
    # 1x (7) Lord Godfrey
    # 1x (7) Valdris Felgorge
    # 1x (8) Fel Lord Betrug
    # 2x (8) Twisting Nether
    # 2x (9) Anubisath Warbringer
    # 1x (10) Hakkar, the Soulflayer
    #
    AAECAf0GCswIwvECnPgCoIADj4IDlooDl5cDiZ0D66MD8KwDCtsGtgfF8wLalgPamwOhoQO7pQPxpwPrrAP9sAMA
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
    If it's not better than Control Warlock, then that's probably why you're not seeing it.

I kind of wish I hadn’t disenchanted Supreme Archaeology. At the time it was so far away from meta as being a “safe disenchant” and I had put all my eggs in the quest shaman basket. Which is still fun to play, just not competitive.

Errr, why are you playing Hakkar in a deck with drawing as a game plan?

forty wrote: »
    Errr, why are you playing Hakkar in a deck with drawing as a game plan?

One of goals to win is to Arch Villain Rafaam your own blood (after a few ticks, depending on health.) and draw free legendaries while your opponent drowns in poison (or seagulls).

See my profile here!
    Ah, I didn't notice you had a deck replacement card. I don't have Rafaam and haven't seen him played since probably RoS.

edited February 2020
    Playing Tirion in BGs, I've got a pretty decent board nothing killer (a Triple Wrath Weaver that I got pretty early, had a few demon cycles but had to stop once I found my actual setup), Crowd Pleaser that I never once was able to pump (found no battlecries I could use? Not even Argus. Even picked up a Brann but found nothing.) which later became triple, a Triple Righteous Protector, Triple Selfless and I later picked up a Rivendare.. So just some big bois and Divine Shields for everyone. Later lucked my way into two Zapps! Alright, cool. We're in the money now. Smashed up Toki's Kangor before it could resummon anything.

Top 3 and I run into someone with a board of giant fucking Murlocs with Brann and they all have Divine Shield/Poisonous.

welp so much for that. enjoy your 1st place, Stitches. can't fucking do shit about that!

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    Peak hearthstone.

EOAIzAP.png

Seagulls aren’t so bad if you hit them with an embiggen or two.

gFIuuTQ.png?1
    hPIBWz1.png

Well this was just plain unfair lmao

Triple Kaboom with Triple Rivendare would basically all but assure Divine Shields were gone, Kangor's would resummon THREE of them, my final opponent's Hydra cleaved onto ALL THREE AT THE SAME TIME and that was it. The resulting damage explosion cleaned basically everything else up save a few but the Ghastcoilers ended up doing WORK after that.

I originally had a Mama Bear with Rat Pack and some other stuff but I upgraded to 6 and pitched Mama and the Rat for other better shit (2nd Ghastcoiler, Kangor's). I also had a triple Selfless too, but there was a choice of pitching that or Kaboom and I decided to keep Kaboom instead since I knew nabbing a Kangor's would be easy gg.

edit: It was actually a really strange road getting to this point though, I started out just spamming Yogg's HP and ended up with a strong midgame of Soul Jugglers/Demons/Mal'ganis? No Wrath Weaver or Floating Watcher, just Soul Juggler pings and triple Imprisoner and stuff like that (along with Selfless, Spawn of N'Zoth, etc). But then I found Rivendare, picked up some Kabooms along the way, decided on a pivot to Beasts as soon as I found one Goldrinn (nabbed him, rerolled HARD for Hydra, got Mama off a Triple). At that point I just full swapped to Beasts, but then ended up pitching most of them for the T6 stuff!

I actually ran into a similar deck, and it just trucked me twice, and it sucked... until I'd vancliefed my cleaves up, and I had a 40/40 cleave and got real lucky and clipped the baron on my first attach and the mech r-sumon lady with my second cleave.

RNG baby.

• Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Well, I did it. I lived the dream of double golden bomb with golden baron and Kangor's.

4mtst6xjwrwk.jpg

It wasn't even close. The only guy who even dealt me damage once I got rolling was Bartendo, who was doing the same thing I was doing and got better combat RNG. Most of the time I dealt like 20+ damage to my opponents. I had the opportunity for a golden ghastcoiler at one point, but passed it up in favor of Kangor's.

edit: Not pictured: Taunt and divine shield on the leftmost two minions.

Marty81 on
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Playing Sindragosa, have a good start. I realize everyone is playing Mechs, literally everyone (well, other than Tirion doing his own thing). I get some good murloc triples, power to T5 and........

Get literally nothing for 3 rounds and die. Four triples fishing for a Megasaur. Nothing. Rolling like mad for Brann and buffs. Nothing. Over 3 rounds, I spent 21 gold rolling for any murloc buffs AS THE ONLY MURLOC PLAYER and get offered nothing beyond a few Seers that I pick up to try to stem the bleeding.

This game sucks sometimes.

edited February 2020
    sanstodo wrote: »
    Playing Sindragosa, have a good start. I realize everyone is playing Mechs, literally everyone (well, other than Tirion doing his own thing). I get some good murloc triples, power to T5 and........

Get literally nothing for 3 rounds and die. Four triples fishing for a Megasaur. Nothing. Rolling like mad for Brann and buffs. Nothing. Over 3 rounds, I spent 21 gold rolling for any murloc buffs AS THE ONLY MURLOC PLAYER and get offered nothing beyond a few Seers that I pick up to try to stem the bleeding.

i had a GREAT murloc start today with double Warleader, pushed to 3, rerolled FUCKING HARD for like a billion fucking turns and only found one single goddamn Coldlight Seer

and not even a triple Warleader!

fUCK, dude

ended up falling off because my stats just weren't scaling the way they should've been.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »

i had a GREAT murloc start today with double Warleader, pushed to 3, rerolled FUCKING HARD for like a billion fucking turns and only found one single goddamn Coldlight Seer

and not even a triple Warleader!

fUCK, dude

ended up falling off because my stats just weren't scaling the way they should've been.

It's kinda BS. Literally the next game, I'm Rafa'am and way ahead. I have another dream murlocs start, power level to T5 with a couple triples in my hand.

This time, I spent 6 (SIX!!!) rounds desperately searching for a Brann and megasaur. Nothing, yet again. As the only murloc player once again, I spend over 40 gold rolling for the pieces because the odds are good.

I barely scrape out a tie for 4th place because of the strength of my start but that is absolute BS. I made the right read, played it correctly, and just got brutalized by RNG.

It feels worse because the games were back to back but the chances are insanely tiny. I guess I should be special because I found the tiny edge case?

zepherin wrote: »

Yes. Keep thinking that. A 3 Mana 5/5 do nothing is exactly what I want you to draw instead of all the other stuff, though.

See my profile here!
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »

Yes. Keep thinking that. A 3 Mana 5/5 do nothing is exactly what I want you to draw instead of all the other stuff, though.
    I mean it’s not optimal but it’s not the worst.

• BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    A year ago a 3 Mana 5/5 do nothing would have ruled the meta.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    You'd have to go back to like, Whispers, to find a meta where you could get away with 3 mana 5/5 do nothing.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    A three mana 5/5 on turn 3 with no downside would be real, but this ain't happening on turn 3.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    love how i can place 4th and get one measly fucking MMR but place anything under 5th and lose 75

literally dropped from 5.7k to 5.5k today

like holy fuck i just dont fucking know anymore. i hit 4 or 5 and literally spend turn after turn just mashing reroll to try and find ANYTHING OF VALUE and i don't find SHIT

Ughhhhhh

DNiDlnb.png
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    So, I’ve always felt I have terrible luck in hearthstone, but now I have direct proof.

You may have seen this clip on reddit, of someone getting blasted down by Dragonqueen Alex into double emeriss into Leeroy lethal.

Yeah, that’s pretty rare right?
    fbEUD3n

Not shown: the 2x full health winged guardians they had to get through before i was killed from 18.

ronzo on