As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    Second 5 star MK ticket gave me AK Rain #3. It would be nice getting that stmr sword!

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I think i might get Rosa’s STMR. Seems like a better version of mythical skull. Is her TMR worth getting?

Her TMR is probably not worth getting but I grabbed it just in case.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Let the kids pull some tickets -
    Original Recipe Lightning #4
    Extra Crispy Sabin #4

Pretty sweet STMRs!

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I've been fusing my moogles. After I made 60x 50% moogles, I started fusing the rest with any TMRs I want. Moogles have been raining down on us lately. I also have about 12 rows of maxed out King pots of every type. I have 60+ purecrysts of every type. I have a bunch of latent ability keys. Never used a single one. I've also never used red star quartz despite getting them every week. I have 200k lapis in the bank. I have 160 tickets, despite spending 100+ tickets on P. Cecil last week. I have so many maxed cactuars, it's crazy. I haven't used any STMR tickets yet. I've used UoC tickets once. 8 of them, to get a P.Cecil prism. 64 left. I have 2070 arena tickets. I have 283775 arena medals.

I don't know why I keep hoarding. I think I might be a dragon.

[edit] Question. Does anyone ever use their red star quartz? And if so, on who?

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    I use my red star quarts pretty regularly. I buffed the HP/DEF/SPR of the tanks I use (CG Charlotte, Sieghard). I buff the offensive stats of all the damage dealers I use. I buffed the MP/HP of my favorite damage dealers as well for survivability. I still have a ridiculous number of red star quartz.

• Options
    Huh, I never thought of just buffing single stats.

• Options
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Huh, I never thought of just buffing single stats.

Well, there is no real benefit to buffing ATK on tanks or whatever.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Red Quartz is basically why I'm out of HP/Def/Spr pots. I have a ton of Attack or Mag pots because they are only 1 stat for 1 unit. HP takes a ton of pots and I use it on tanks, supports, DPS, whatever. Everyone needs defensive stats.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Uggh, the new lightning tyrant trial is kicking my ass. I managed to get the previous one after 4 or 5 attempts, but my team isn't cutting it against the new one. If Kryla spends her turn keeping the sigils blue, then who breaks the enemy?

Do I just need to doorpot P. Cecil and tank the red attacks? Seems like a cop-out. Also, that leaves me with a turn limit.

• Options
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Uggh, the new lightning tyrant trial is kicking my ass. I managed to get the previous one after 4 or 5 attempts, but my team isn't cutting it against the new one. If Kryla spends her turn keeping the sigils blue, then who breaks the enemy?

Do I just need to doorpot P. Cecil and tank the red attacks? Seems like a cop-out. Also, that leaves me with a turn limit.

Red Sigils also cast berserk on your units, tanking through the red isn't feasible really. I just brought a secondary breaker/buffer, and the 65% breaks were fine enough.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    That rainbow whip would make my life so much easier. There has to be a way to mimic it using all that gear I collected over the years.

[edit] If I move my evade gear to Sylvie and equip Kryla with Necro Dagger and one of four elements (lightning, water, wind, or earth), I can spend half of Kryla's turn breaking and the other hand attacking. It's not perfect, but it's something. If my calculations are correct, there would be a 9.3% chance of the sigils getting the right combination of elemental weaknesses to for you to need more than one ability, which is to say the entire turn, to seal the elements.

[edit] I suppose I could imbue Kryla with lightning, then equip her with Necro Dagger and an earth weapon. Not sure if I can waste Sylvie's turns like that, though. From what I saw before I died, the entire party gets dispelled every turn and need Sylvie to buff.

[edit] No, your team only gets dispelled if you forget to seal the sigils. This could work.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Honestly, Kryla doesn't need to do any physical sealing. If you get her Debilitating Pot up, it rebreaks for multiple turns and allows her to seal elements. You will get lucky and get fire/ice, light/dark, or single elements that she can handle and still power up her Dibilitating Pot. I've done the fight a few times and never had to go to another breaker or sealer. I did have Emperor Foo as a backup breaker though. Something to be aware of with the Sigils is that they hit you with additional attacks for each element beyond their weakness. So, hitting with the rainbow whip will retaliate with 7 extra (chained) hits from the Sigils. That's a lot of extra damage on your magic tank every round.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I need to try and do the Lightning Tyrant stuff, I've only done the free party trials. I should theoretically have the bench and gear to do them.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I'm still working on the first Tyrant set......repeatedly. Dealing with first dude's attacks when he can buff ATK/MAG and drop those cover ignoring attacks in the same round is frustrating.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    5+1 was a dud this morning.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    All blues from the 5+1. Three of which were Galuf. I almost have that sweet, sweet Comet TMR

• Options
    5+1 was nothing. Threw some tickets at the sweet luka banner and got 1 rainbow, Myra #2. Kind of wish that wasn't a year too late haha. I'll still take that TMR and hope her enhancements come this summer. Her LB is still unique in that it's one of the only ways to get rid of imperils. She just needs some help with those buffs, P. Cecil blows them out of the water now. And she doesn't have any typed mitigation (latent please).

• Options
    Tyrant Unleashed down.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I only did the fixed party version. I wonder if I have the gear for the free party version, and if it's worth the time and effort.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Wooo Tel Fusanis normal down. Ignis is MVP, god damn he's good now.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Oh hey, new Onion Knight. Man, original flavor OK was one of my primary DPSs until Esther came in. I kinda hope he's good.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Wooo Tel Fusanis normal down. Ignis is MVP, god damn he's good now.

Better than Sylvie?

[edit] I could replace Sylvie with Ignis, which would also allow me to replace Myra with a healer whose kit doesn't overlap so much with Ignis. Someone with stop-immunity/cure and AoE reraise on demand. I would miss Sylvie's physical and magical damage mitigation, though.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    For my setup on Tel Fusanis yeah he was better. No typed mitigation (but I had magical covered with Charlotte), but 50% general mitigation and 80% on all elemental resists was the lynchpin for making the fight work for me. He has notable mana support too, not as good as Folka but helpful.

LuvTheMonkey on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    P. Cecil, Emp Foo, Doc AidenCG Charlotte, and Lunafreya all provide magic mitigation that would pair well with Ignis. Overlapping abilities is not such a bad thing especially when you have to seal multiple elements on the last battle and that could tie up any number of units depending on how you have them split up.

edit: CG OK is a skip for me. Glad to have another full bonus party with 7* DKL, 7* OKRefia, and 6* DKL, and Desch.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Doc Aiden actually has 30% Physical Mitigation, not Magical.

• Options
    Sadly type mitigation is a bit of a mess for clean consistency. Most tanks handle general DM. P. Cecil can help with Magic DM but it's on a 5 turn cooldown and lasts for 2 turns. So for most folks, we'll need typed mitigation from another source.

Sylvie - 25% of both for 3 turns
    Folka - 30% of both for 1 turn but on a 2 turn CD so you'll have coverage lapse there
    SS Charlotte - 30% mag for 4 turns, so weirdly she helps in that regard more than P. Cecil
    A. WoL - 30% Phy for 4 turns
    Doc Aiden - 30% Phys for 3 turns
    Lunafreya - Has a sweet 40% Mag for 3 turns. Throw Pod on her and she's probably the best type buffer today due to 200% buffs and elemental resists

Then you have Zarg, Ignis, and CG Nichol with 40-50% general DM. Lots of others have 30% general DM.

Am I missing anyone?

For me, P. Cecil now out classes Sylvie but I'm not sure where I can get both typed DM on a regular basis. If Doc Aiden was magic, I could throw pod on and he could handle both. For now I'm just going to have to hobble something together till Sylvie gets enhancements and/or I pull a Lunafreya.

• Options
    Emperor Foo has all the mitigations (general on CD) on demand, but he's limited.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Adventurer Locke has 20% Magic Mitigation for 3 turns attached to his ST 70% MAG break. It's a bit low but it works well enough.

Lucas has 25% of both typed mitigation on demand, 50% Magic Mitigation on a 6 turn CD, 90% Magic Mitigation on his single use Magnus, and 50% general mitigation on his LB. Man I'm sad I didn't get a second Lucas. Gimme those all prisms Gumi!

Cruor on
  • Options
    Apparently I need to get Doc Aiden!

• Options
    I'll have to take a look at A. Locke. I have him but I've been using Kryla for most stuff. If his rotation supports Pod 153 in it, I may have to see about getting him leveled up. 20% isn't the best but for heavy hitting threshold's P. Cecil's CD move can take over.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    Sweet Luka's TMR is absurd. It's a nice fit on my Xuan Wu though.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Hopefully I'll pull her randomly. I tried and only got an off banner rainbow. It's a nice upgrade for a ton of units, but Twin Bunny clips will work just fine on Xuan for now.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    My XWQL is capped on SPR so I'm looking more for flat SPR gear in the head and accessory slots. An off-banner Lunafreya would be nice or more Aerith's to get her STMR. If I get an off-banner Sweet Luka's then her TMR would be nice for the extra bulk.

I won't be pulling on any banners for a while so the chances of an off-banner are greatly reduced.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Tiphares wrote: »
    My XWQL is capped on SPR so I'm looking more for flat SPR gear in the head and accessory slots. An off-banner Lunafreya would be nice or more Aerith's to get her STMR. If I get an off-banner Sweet Luka's then her TMR would be nice for the extra bulk to replace another high SPR % materia.

Same here. I'm 1 Aerith away and if I did get 1 more Yuraisha, I'd have to think pretty hard about using my tickets to get her STMR.

Gumi where is my 11 rainbow banner again haha.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    For the people thinking of using Pod 153 for physical mitigation, remember that it only lasts 2 turns. It's difficult to work into a proper rotation.

[edit] After months of waffling, I think I'm going to level up and enhance Ignis. He can replace Sylvie when the boss isn't using Stop. She's due enhancements in a few months, right? She was an Easter unit. I'll revisit the issue then. Those typed mitigations are pretty useful.

[edit] Though, now that I think about it, Ignis overlaps with P. Cecil too. Maybe with P. Cecil and Myra... I don't need a dedicated support unit? What do I do with that free slot, though? Second healer?

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    Well depends on what you have P. Cecil doing. Technically if you want that 75% general DM up all the time, you don't get a chance to use his LB for the party wide general DM. So Ignis could slot in for that. However they'd overlap with elemental resists and buffs.

I'm skeptical as to how often you really need the 75% gDM up on him, other than thresholds, so I'll probably be throwing in his LB.

• Options
    I tossed 1 ticket at the Sweet Luka banner because why not. It came down gold and looked like it was going to upgrade to rainbow, but filled in with more rays at the last moment. Oh well, another Leopold closer to Gust Mane. I tried.

Back to hoarding. Honestly, I don't know what I'm hoarding for now that I have top-tier in every role. P. Cecil was the final piece.

• Options
    I need a new physical damage dealer. I have...........Eleven.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I need a new physical damage dealer. I have...........Eleven.

You need 13.

Cause AC Cloud is peaking over the horizon

• Options
    Eleven isn't bad, just hard to find a dupe for chaining. If you can wait for Edel, she's the next huge jump in power for what we know is coming. Easter units and Design Contest units should be soon and we know we have a Moogle with a Greatsword physical damage dealer coming, so they may be worth saving for if you need damage.