As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars] so you didn't send the fish Jedi immediately because...?

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I don’t have the resources or time tonight but:

Ending scene of episode nine plays out, to the point of looking over at Force ghost
    Bill Murray
    would cheer me up no end.

Endless_Serpents on
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Bill Murray gets visited by the force ghosts of star wars past, present and future.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Bill Murray gets visited by the force ghosts of star wars past, present and future.

twist, they're all just different obi-wan kenobis

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Fireflash wrote: »

This would have been much better than Rise of Skywalker

can you feel the struggle within?
  • HybridHybrid South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Bill Murray thinking he is in a ground hog day situation because people around him are reliving the same star wars arguments over and over

• ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    I don't know, from a dorsal view, the E-wing does look rather like an E (at least as much as a K-wing looks like a K from a certain point of view).

The K-Wing definitely looks like a K with some kind of tumor coming out of it from the head on view. I suppose you could say the E-Wing looks like an E but then a lot of ships look like an E, it is again, pretty generic. Z-95s or the Fireball being also Es from the top. Plus like what kind of E has the middle tine so much longer? The V-Wing also doesn't look much like a V from any orientation I can think of. Is it just the fuselage? Why not call the fucking Aethersprite a V-Wing?

See, this is the exact Star Wars shit. Oh two ships in the first one were called that so then they must all be letter+wing named and shaped. It would have been neat maybe if they were called Ys at Yavin, and wishbones or some shit at some other rebel cell, because what fucking defense company is wowing government contracts with the "Y-Wing?" It definitely didn't go through enough corporate lawyers and marketing departments. These ships are all made by different fucking companies too so they're all in on this galactic naming scheme? There's no way the first person to letter wing it doesn't sue the other people for copyright infringement, and the other company's lawyers don't say "listen man I get it looks like a X and has wings and there's no way you can copyright 'letter+wing' but we will spend millions of credits fighting this shit in court anyways can't you just call it the 'KraytWing'?"

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    The x wing also looks like an E from a certain point of view.

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    from my point of view, the Jedi are evil!

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    All this ship talk got me to pull out my old copy:
    dwlpz6p4irug.jpg

I always liked the Quasar carrier design; I'm glad they kept it for Rebels. Does make me sad to think that instead of the incredibly silly "fleet of star destroyers with death star cannon's on them", how much cooler 1 single Eclipse Super Star Destroyer or World Devastator would have been for Rise of Skywalker.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    dwlpz6p4irug.jpg

I always liked the Quasar carrier design; I'm glad they kept it for Rebels. Does make me sad to think that instead of the incredibly silly "fleet of star destroyers with death star cannon's on them", how much cooler 1 single Eclipse Super Star Destroyer or World Devastator would have been for Rise of Skywalker.

I'm just saying cloned Sith Trooper armies to crew an infinite fleet of droid Imperial Star Destroyers made by the Star Forge is a pretty intimidating existential threat for the galaxy without resorting to giving each one a superlaser.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    It should be easy to make a Kwing. Just turn it 90 degrees, so the vertical is horizontal. It would look like a K from the same point of view the X wing looks like an X.

edited February 2020
    I think they should make the best ship for the job then decide on the name/what it looks similar to afterwards.

Aistan on
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    dwlpz6p4irug.jpg

I'm just saying cloned Sith Trooper armies to crew an infinite fleet of droid Imperial Star Destroyers made by the Star Forge is a pretty intimidating existential threat for the galaxy without resorting to giving each one a superlaser.

My terrible 5 minute cut and paste job haha.
    38p70kv8y1o7.png

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    For some reason this thread, and only this thread, refuses to acknowledge that I've read it.

So I keep seeing it and thinking 'What the hell is so interesting that there's 40, 50, 60 new posts in the hour or so since I stopped in?' because my memory is very poor.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2020
    Kamar wrote: »
    For some reason this thread, and only this thread, refuses to acknowledge that I've read it.

So I keep seeing it and thinking 'What the hell is so interesting that there's 40, 50, 60 new posts in the hour or so since I stopped in?' because my memory is very poor.

So what you're saying is you are frustrated because you keep coming here for new content, only to realize you've seen it all before?

Shivahn on
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    It's actually a bug that applies to all threads created after a certain date/time. The mods are looking into it.

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    It's actually a bug that applies to all threads created after a certain date/time. The mods are looking into it.

Mmm, maybe.

I suspect it's just a curse upon me for my Star Wars crimes but I'm willing to entertain alternative explanations.

• RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »

Mmm, maybe.

I suspect it's just a curse upon me for my Star Wars crimes but I'm willing to entertain alternative explanations.

Tube's last name is Palpatine, and he's using the force to raise dozens of posts to unread status.

sig.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    He likes to go by Skywalker though, I asked him out of the blue one day while he was looking at a derelict house in Nevada—we had never met before.

• FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    I think they should make the best ship for the job then decide on the name/what it looks similar to afterwards.

That is ridiculous, its like asking for characters whose names dont describe some aspect of their personality or trade.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    FANTOMAS wrote: »

That is ridiculous, its like asking for characters whose names dont describe some aspect of their personality or trade.
    Yeah, those names are silly.
    Like Thatcher, or Smith.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    klemming wrote: »

Like Thatcher, or Smith.

Except that in the SW universe, the It wouldnt be Thatcher, it would be Margaret Darkwar, and of course whould have a far more overt sith name too. You would be called Arguedark Gaslight, and Klemmox would be like a title, or a home planet, according to SW naming convention.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

Like Thatcher, or Smith.

Or their modern versions, Billy Bringsdonutstothemeetings and Sally Netflixeveryfridaynightinsteadofgoingoutandmeetinganiceboylikehersister.

sig.gif
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    You mock, but I would totally change my name to Arguedark Gaslight.

Star Wars will never top the naming greatness of Elan Sleazebaggano.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    The Sleazebaggano family, you dont want them as neighbours.

• SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Why is an X-Wing even called an X-Wing? There is no letter called “X” in Aurebesh, and the equivalent letter looks like a triangle.

5gsowHm.png
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Because zero thought was made concerning any future content when the OT was created.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    The Sleazebaggano family, you dont want them as neighbours.

You do want their digits though for when you're in the market for death sticks, before they decide to go home and rethink their lives.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Because zero thought was made concerning any future content when the OT was created.

Also Aurebesh didn’t exist when Star Wars was made.

Aurebesh_2004.png

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    March 17th digital release of TROS.
    March 31st disc.

No word on when it’ll be on Disney +

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Last week, in SWTOR, I ran into someone going by "Kace Obeer".
    I texted him with my sincere admiration for coming up with a perfect Star Wars name: plausible on its face, but also plainly a silly pun.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    March 17th digital release of TROS.
    March 31st disc.

No word on when it’ll be on Disney +

Also the listed bonus features don’t include any of the deleted scenes, the one thing that might justify actually paying for a copy

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    There’s also the 9-film box set, everything in 4k and digital.

$250 at Best Buy.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020

$250 at Best Buy.

Hmmm...tax season is here, I may have found my personal splurge/ birthday present (birthday is the 30th.)

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    "Post Malone" is a Star Wars character.

DarkPrimus wrote: »

Nah, none of his face tattoos are in Aurebesh

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Nah, none of his face tattoos are in Aurebesh

That's because we haven't gotten the Special Edition yet.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

$250 at Best Buy.

What version of the OT though?

This is Star Wars though. Wouldn't it be Pre Malone?

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Pre Malone is his grand-dad, from the prequels.

His dad, from the OT, is Inmeres.

This discussion has been closed.