As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Current day post and it's associated comic

2»

• Options
    bobitobobito Registered User new member
    edited December 2006
    I wonder what percentage of the readers have this comic delay problem. It must be small. For me the news post is always up several hours before the comic. I have to check the comic in the afternoon, whereas the post is usually up in the morning.

B

bobito on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    bobito wrote:
    I wonder what percentage of the readers have this comic delay problem. It must be small. For me the news post is always up several hours before the comic. I have to check the comic in the afternoon, whereas the post is usually up in the morning.

B
    You can find out for sure whether it's this problem or a delayed comic by checking SE++ for the new comic thread, which appears within minutes of a comic's posting.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    bobito wrote:

B
    You can find out for sure whether it's this problem or a delayed comic by checking SE++ for the new comic thread, which appears within minutes of a comic's posting.

sometimes within seconds.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    bobitobobito Registered User new member
    edited December 2006
    What and where is SE++?

Thanks
    B

bobito on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    bobito wrote:
    What and where is SE++?

Thanks
    B
    Social Entropy++.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    The CelestialThe Celestial Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    "And thus they led him to the wolves."

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2006
    I find it funny that SE is actually a more reliable place to find the comic than the main page.

Tube on
  • Options
    drinkinstoutdrinkinstout Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I find it funny that SE is actually a more reliable place to find the comic than the main page.

It's where I have to go about 50% of the time to see it :(

Although I always check them early in the morning - seems to always work fine later in the day. I don't know what kind of server architecture / backend design is running so I couldn't guestimate on the time / effort it would take to fix such a small inconvenience

drinkinstout on
  • Options
    MephistophelesMephistopheles Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    just wanted to chime in and say that this has been a problem for me too. Most of the time the link in the news post takes me to the previous comic, and I just have to hit "Next ->" to get to the current one. The "comic" link at the top of the page exhibits the same behavior. I'm not complaining, just trying to give the peoples in charge some specifics about the behavior, cause this seems like it would be a headache to debug.

Mephistopheles on
    "Friends are just enemies in reverse."
    - Gary Busey
    A Glass, Darkly
  • Options
    Mighty JMighty J Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I registered for the sole purpose of demanding that they make a 5 month story-arch involving pie. But I kind of got distracted.

I think the newspost had directed me to wrong comics before, but it doesn't happen too often.

Mighty J on
    sig.pl?mightyj
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The link in Tycho's newspost today is linking to This comic when I imagine it should be pointing to this one

The comic link at the top of the sight is pointing to the correct comic, so I dunno if this is a typo or a bug, or whatever.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Tycho's newspost has some fucked up links again.

Note:
    http://admin.penny-arcade.com/news/show/22023
    http://admin.penny-arcade.com/news/show/22026

I'm pretty sure the general public doesn't have admin access.

Corvus on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Changing admin to www fixes it, but yeah.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, I know about the workaround. I just figured the technical people, assuming there are any around during the holidays, might want to know.

Corvus on