As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Original PTR notes are here in the spoiler, in case anyone missed them or needs context:
    Noggin wrote: »
    2.6.8 starts next Thursday 2/6
    • Hellfire mats vacuum pickup
    • Bounty caches will always drop plans until you know them all
    • Season of the Forbidden Archives - All slots in Kanai's cube will be able to select Legendary powers from Weapon, Armor, or Jewelry. This means you could select three Armor powers, three Weapon powers, three Jewelery powers, or any other combination thereof across all categories.
    • Barb set - Frenzy
      New Class Set: Horde of the Ninety Savages
      2-Piece Bonus: Double the effectiveness of all Shouts. Feared Enemies take double damage.
      4-Piece Bonus: Each stack of Frenzy reduces damage taken by 5%.
      6-Piece Bonus: Frenzy deals 1000% increased damage per stack.
      Undisputed Champion
      Frenzy gains the effect of every rune and deals 300-400% increased damage.
      Bastion's Revered
      Frenzy now stacks up to 10 times and hits an additional time per attack. Each additional hit will chain to any enemies within 15 yards and the damage is split between all affected enemies.
    • Doc set - Spirit Barrage
      New Class Set: Mundunugu's Regalia
      2-Piece Bonus: Big Bad Voodoo now follows you and lasts twice as long.
      4-Piece Bonus: Gain 50% damage reduction for 30 seconds when you enter the Spirit Realm.
      6-Piece Bonus: Spirit Barrage deals increased damage equal to 50 times your Mana Regeneration per Second.
      The Barber
      Instead of dealing direct damage, your Spirit Barrage now accumulates on the target. When you stop casting, it explodes dealing 225-250% 400-500% of the accumulated damage to all enemies within 15 yards.
      Gazing Demise
      Spirit Barrage gains the Phantasm rune. Each active Phantasm lasts twice as long, increases the damage of Spirit Barrage by 40-50% 100-150%, and also increases the attack rate from Manitou spectres.
      Now always rolls with Critical Hit Chance instead of Life Per Second.
    • Wiz set - Hydra
      New Class Set: The Typhon's Veil
      2-Piece Bonus: Double the duration of Hydras and increase the number of heads on multi-headed Hydras by two.
      4-Piece Bonus: Damage taken is reduced by 8% for each Hydra head alive as long as there is one available. Each time you take damage, a Hydra heads dies.
      6-Piece Bonus: Hydras deal 1000% increased damage for each Hydra head alive.
      Serpent's Sparker
      You may have one extra Hydra active at a time and they deal 450-600% increased damage.
      The Magistrate
      Frost Hydra Your Hydras now periodically casts Frost Nova and deal 450-600% increased damage.
      Etched Sigil
      The bonus granted by this item now occurs 1 second after channeling has begun.
      Deathwish
      The bonus granted by this item now occurs 1 second after channeling has begun.
    • Grouping bug resolved
    • Devour - voracious' RCR now works with capt crimson
    • Removed animation cancelling on Heaven's Fury
    • Mantle of channeling effect delayed start by 1 sec

e: format/bolded additions

PTR Round 2
    • Spirit Barrage (Phantasm): The periodic attacks from Spirit Barrage (Phantasm) are now twice as slow, but twice as powerful
    • Frenzy Barb 2-Piece Bonus: Double the effectiveness of all Shouts. Feared and Frozen Enemies take double damage.
    • Frenzy Barb 4-Piece Bonus: Each stack of Frenzy reduces damage taken by 5% 6%. Frenzy lasts twice as long.
    • SB Doc 2-Piece note... Big Bad Voodoo will now follow you more closely, across zones, and correctly in groups
    • SB Doc 4-Piece Bonus: Gain 50% 60% damage reduction for 30 seconds when you enter the Spirit Realm.
    • SB Doc 6-Piece Bonus: Spirit Barrage deals increased damage equal to 100 times 50% of your Mana Regeneration per Second.
      - Developer Note: This isn't actually a buff or a nerf; it's a rewording to make the functionality of this bonus more clear.
      - PTR CHANGE: The attack rate granted to Manitou specters has been slightly reduced.
    • The Barber is now classified as a Ceremonial Knife, with a base 1.4 attack speed
    • Ring of Emptiness: You deal 250-300% increased damage to enemies affected by both either your Haunt and or Locust Swarm. (!!!)
    • Hydra Wiz 4-Piece Bonus: Damage taken is reduced by 8% for each Hydra head alive as long as there is one available. Each time you take damage, a Hydra heads dies. Heads cannot die more than once every 2 seconds
    • Hydra Wiz 6-Piece Bonus: Hydras deal 1000% 1200% increased damage for each Hydra head alive.
    • Serpent's Sparker: You may have one extra Hydra active at a time and they deal 450-600% 350-450% increased damage.
    • The Magistrate: Your Hydras now periodically casts Frost Nova and deal 450-600% 350-450% increased damage.
    • PTR CHANGES:
      - Arcane Dynamo should now properly apply to extra Hydra heads created by The Typhon's Veil
      - Fixed a bug where active Shields would not prevent Hydra heads from dying while utilizing The Typhon's Veil
      - Fixed a bug where Arcane Torrent would get an extra damage multiplier from Etched Sigil and Deathwish
      - Fixed a bug where Hydra (Frost Hydra) was getting a damage bonus instead of Attack Speed bonus from its owner's Attack Speed; this rune now benefits from Attack Speed in the same manner as other Hydra runes

edit, also a wiz note (tldr - looking to break up channeling dominance, along with other balance after the new sets)
    Developer's Note: Wizard encountered a lot of bugs with its new class set, so please make sure to check the Bug Fixes section below for additional detail! We did consider adding another skill into The Typhon's Veil, but we believe there's more work to do first on Wizard Legendary options to make choices outside of the Etched Sigil/Deathwish/Mantle of Channeling combo more appealing. We're looking at this now as a longer term goal, as we have plans to do much larger overall balance passes in the future after all the new class sets have been added to the game.

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Also *nope, see below*

Noggin on
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Woo!!! They fixed the group bug!!!

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    There has been an update!

I feel pretty good about getting the Season Journey done. I already finished the hardest part of any season - mastering a set dungeon - a few days ago, so all that's left is just a matter of time, just grinding grifts to level the gems (and hitting a bunch of the other milestones in the process).

• Options
    So maybe 3/6 after all?

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I just need to grind out the last levels on my gems. I forgot that you need to empower an item or whatever it’s called that needs a gem so that set me back a lot.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    I usually do the empower as my very last act of the season - when I know I'm done, I just take off one of the gems I've been using (and therefore have leveled up to satisfy other journey steps) and use that to empower an item.

• Options
    Ok I just watched that Hydra video. It is really crazy at Torment farming. But man, why does Wizard get another cool set???

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Ok I just watched that Hydra video. It is really crazy at Torment farming. But man, why does Wizard get another cool set???

(NSFW: language)

https://youtu.be/conXJx0I8CQ

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    twotimesadingotwotimesadingo Registered User regular
    Is this community still pretty active on the Switch? Looking for a hacknslash, and this is on sale right now, but would like to have some people to run around with.

PSN: peepshowofforce
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    So maybe 3/6 after all?

Of fucking course

• Options
    Is this community still pretty active on the Switch? Looking for a hacknslash, and this is on sale right now, but would like to have some people to run around with.

I there were a few who played this on the switch, but not many. Not sure how many currently play it.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

I there were a few who played this on the switch, but not many. Not sure how many currently play it.

I played on switch, but honestly i feel like i've had my fill of teh game - and Wolcen is proving to be vastly more engaging on the crazy nonsense builds front. So far i've managed to build Fantasty Samus Arran, and now something that looks suspiciously similar to the PoJ monk, just with more spinning axes and aetheral swords.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Does Fantasy Samus Aran get a morph ball? No morph ball, no sale!

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Does Fantasy Samus Aran get a morph ball? No morph ball, no sale!

Sadly, i have not found any skills that let me mimick morphball. but i managed to get a shoot blaster shots/fire rockets thing going pretty well, so that felt very samus-arrany. (I'm not even sure what morphball looks like in the context of a top down arpg)

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I usually do the empower as my very last act of the season - when I know I'm done, I just take off one of the gems I've been using (and therefore have leveled up to satisfy other journey steps) and use that to empower an item.

Good idea, haven’t actually played a season out to the end for a while and forgot there was another step.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I generally do the season on Switch. Generally active close to the start and then I taper off to pokemon or fire emblem or whatever else I have. It’s a good time for Switch gaming.

• Options
    I did indeed pick this up. If anyone wants to kick around - I'd guess maybe with a new character, since I just started a seasonal Wiz - lemme know. I don't really know a whole lot about the larger mechanics (can't even figure out how to slot gems, at this point), but I sure can drop hydras and frost novas errywhere.

• Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    That sorc build looks nuts. And being a new set it's going to be OP af all season too. I'd be tempted to look at the WD set, but if Sorc is gonna be clearing the entire map in 3 seconds then it's no point doing slow spirit barage builds haha.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    Any word on if D4 will have cross saves? (It's the one thing I really miss in D3.)

• Options
    Alright, just hit 70 on my seasonal wiz. Other than just running bounties and rifts, is there, like, something I should be doing?

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Working on the steps of the Season Journey is a good "What should I work on?" for fresh seasonal 70's. It will help guide you through to what end game farming looks like.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    I was pouring death's breaths and blood shards into fist weapons and rings, trying for a Vengeful Wind (as a nice-to-have to speed rifts up) and a Puzzle Ring (which I actually need for the Season Journey, to kill Greed), and I was just getting every ring and fist weapon in the world other than those two. I was even contemplating asking if anyone here has a Puzzle Ring they can spare to sneak me into Greed's exclusive clubhouse.

Then an ancient Vengeful Wind and a Puzzle Ring dropped in the same grift.

My point is that apparently you don't even need to complain on the forums to get your drops; it's enough to just think about complaining on the forums.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Got bored with my sorc, so I did a crusader, and got the set with 20,000% extra damage to Fist of Heavens. Hooooly shit. Went from Torment 5 to 15 instantly as soon as I got the 6th piece. I still have a bunch of other gear I want to add, to fill out the rest of the slots, because I am super squishy, but I can mow through T14, and T15 takes a bit of work. Is there some reason the set dungeon book won't let me use it? Is it only for the set you get through the journey?

• Options
    There is no set dungeon for the newly added sets. Only the "Legacy" sets have one. I am pretty sure they said they would not be making new ones for the new sets.

• Options
    1st quarterly update for D4 is out.

Main takeaway seems to be controller support for PC (that we knew already), but they also took some feedback and gave the option for PC to have a the bottom-left hp/mana/skill section or the more transitional bottom-center.

It also goes over UI decisions ( 3D-ish item icons, avoid inventory Tetris, make room for split-screen players not have to take turns making changes ), and has a section on monsters.

There’s a bunch of cool pictures and gifs, so if you’re interested I encourage you to check out the blog post from the main site.

• Options
    I hope that they stay away from Convention of Elements-style build possibilities of "wait for X status to be in effect and then unload" - but if they do, I hope they make those statuses large, legible parts of the UI, and not tiny squares tucked away from the center of the screen. The only way I can do anything even remotely useful in WoW is because I have WeakAuras 2 configured to put large icons in the center of the screen, right on top of my character, when various statuses ("free use of X ability for the next 2 seconds", "power boost Y is off cooldown") are in effect.

But really, I'd rather they just not had that stuff to begin with.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    A bit light for a quarterly update, I would have liked to see a third section. Something tells me they plan to be doing these for a long time.

• Options
    They are talking about art so much, I really hope that for the melee types, the equipped weapon gets used in attacks and skills.

So many skills for the melee sorts are off putting to me because some magical hammer or what not appears out of now where when you do the ability.

• Options
    I was hoping for more focus on their progress re: gameplay, systems, items, endgame... but now I wonder if those will appear periodically like we saw with David Kim’s posts.

Would not surprise me to see the in-depth details spaced out randomly (fans), and the features/fluff quarterly (investors).

• Options
    HexDex wrote: »
    They are talking about art so much, I really hope that for the melee types, the equipped weapon gets used in attacks and skills.

So many skills for the melee sorts are off putting to me because some magical hammer or what not appears out of now where when you do the ability.

For barb at least, that seems to be the plan? I think many of their skills were explicitly weapon-based.

Maybe that was just mechanically though, but I agree it’s be better if the animation is always with your own weapon model.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I thought the Barb did model the weapons.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Lots of Diablo 4 update stuff on this link. They've been hard at work and posted some stuff that's in progress, including the UI, and how the controls would work on console/pc.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Season 20 starts 3/13

No new items, but some changes from PTR:
    - Spirit Barrage-Phantasm: The periodic attacks from Spirit Barrage (Phantasm) are now twice as slow, but twice as powerful Developer's Note: We rolled this change back between PTR and Live as it was creating additional bugs. We may consider re-exploring this option in the future if we find this adjustment is still needed.

- SB Doc 6pc: Spirit Barrage deals 20000% increased damage plus an additional % equal to 5 times your Mana Regeneration/Second. Developer's Note: We found this set was overperforming at the highest end, but we also wanted to maintain its capabilities at early gearing stages. The addition of a base multiplier and reducing the effectiveness of the Mana Regeneration bonus should accomplish this goal.

- Frenzy barb 2pc: Double the effectiveness of all Shouts. Feared, Frozen, or Stunned Enemies take double damage.

- Hydra wiz 6pc: Hydras deal 1200% 1300% increased damage for each Hydra head alive.
    - Serpent sparker: You may have one extra Hydra active at a time and they deal 450-600% 250-300% increased damage.
    - Magistrate: Your Hydras now periodically cast Frost Nova and deal 450-600% 250-300% increased damage.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    yay that date works for me.

I'm thinking I'm going to start with a Wizard this time around? Most likely anyways. Could change

• Options
    Hell yea. I'll be back in time for this season. Woot.

• Options
    Forgot the sets and conquests:
    - IK Barb
    - Seeker (Blessed Hammer) Crusader
    - Natalya DH
    - Uliana (EP/SSS) Monk
    - Trag'Oul (Blood) Necro
    - Arachyr (Firebats) doc
    - Vyr's (Archon) Wiz

And humorously, they go into describing these...
    - Curses
    - GR 75
    - Boss Mode
    ... and only barely mention these, as though they know...
    - GR 55 with 6 sets
    - Master 8 set dungeons

• Options
    Woo Boss Mode!!!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Ahh, Boss Mode, the Conquest that can only be done if Bets and Zero drag you through it with their speedy demon hunters.

• Options
    I think years if war is much easier than it seems on its face. GR 55 with 8 sets is a really low bar now with how inflated set power has become.

Now to decide do I play Barb, or do I do wiz for the new hydra set. Hrmmm

This discussion has been closed.