As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's MARVEL, baybee. X-Men on fire! Black Widow in May! Sam and Bucky in August!

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    When Gwen started she was older, I thought, but 19 isn't a huge amount lower.

Also, I thought miles was younger than that when he was starting out, but there have been like 3 soft reboots since then.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Miles started out very young but there were 2 big time skips during Bendis' run

He was like

11 when he first showed up

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    When Gwen started she was older, I thought, but 19 isn't a huge amount lower.

Also, I thought miles was younger than that when he was starting out, but there have been like 3 soft reboots since then.

I think he was 13 in the Ultimate Universe but was like 15 by the time he hit the Marvel universe proper.

Man its weird how much comic writers seem to think they need to get characters out of high school as soon as they can.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    The F4 being pro-no teen heroes makes sense given how protective they are of Franklin and Val

Like look at the X-Men/F4 book

That's understandable, but getting to be a pattern of the FF being well meaning antagonists in these hero vs hero stories

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I thought she was a college dropout at the start of her series?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Folks go to college at 18 and sometimes 17

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    It's so weird that Gwen is being tied into Outlawed since she's from another world. I know they have her attending university, but I didn't think she was actually doing hero stuff in 616.

It's also another reason why I bounced off her book. Her world was like the most interesting part!

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Why did the FF sign up to fight heroes this time?

Xavier is claiming his son needs to be with "his people"

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

sorry to disappoint because I know your desire to dunk on Hickman's run precludes things like "checking what's being discussed first", but the question was in regards to the "Outlawed" teen hero event coming up, specifically the cover that shows Sue and Johnny facing down Spider-Gwen, and has absolutely nothing to do with Xavier at all.

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »

sorry to disappoint because I know your desire to dunk on Hickman's run precludes things like "checking what's being discussed first", but the question was in regards to the "Outlawed" teen hero event coming up, specifically the cover that shows Sue and Johnny facing down Spider-Gwen, and has absolutely nothing to do with Xavier at all.

Actually, it's because Zoe's post directly under it was talking about FF/X-men, and my brain associated them, but sure, whatever.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Fearghaill wrote: »

dont be an asshole

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    understood, sorry

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Didn't they just introduce Gwen's universe version of those two as playboy assholes? I figured that was who she was fighting.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I’m just chiming in to say I thought the title said ‘Black Widow is May’, as in Aunt May, and I was like, yeah, okay, go for it.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I’m just chiming in to say I thought the title said ‘Black Widow is May’, as in Aunt May, and I was like, yeah, okay, go for it.

She's the real spider responsible for Uncle Ben's death

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Didn't Gwen give up the secret identity and become publicly known? And wasn't that the main reason she changed in first place to prevent people figuring out her secret ID?

With secret ID gone , she could just be Spider Gwen. I legit always liked the name

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I think her secret identity is out in her home timeline, but not in 616, which is why she is attending college there.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Didn't Gwen give up the secret identity and become publicly known? And wasn't that the main reason she changed in first place to prevent people figuring out her secret ID?

With secret ID gone , she could just be Spider Gwen. I legit always liked the name

She was Spider-Woman and Spider-Gwen was just the name of the book until the end of Latour’s run when she went public and then t that became the public’s nickname for her that she hated

I think in-universe that’s why she came up with Ghost-Spider? Didn’t like all the papers calling her Spider-Gwen

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Now it may be the lack of experience in a genre but I'm really enjoying the hell out of immortal hulk

I'm only on the trades but issue 24 or well 25? Shows a good and proper way to show a eventual end of existence with some good existential dread and making me ask how my favourite big green boy is gonna make it out in one relative piece

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Immortal Hulk is absolutely, hands down the best book Marvel is currently publishing

• Options

The final Giant Size X-Men one shot is Storm, art by Russell Dauterman, which Hickman says will both pay off on the first issue (where she is the target of some sort of attack and Emma and Jean have to save her) as well as set up what they are doing with her for the next several years.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Al Ewing's Hulk readthrough blog is so good

fEc4nqGh.jpg

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »

The final Giant Size X-Men one shot is Storm, art by Russell Dauterman, which Hickman says will both pay off on the first issue (where she is the target of some sort of attack and Emma and Jean have to save her) as well as set up what they are doing with her for the next several years.

Excuse me, that's the Russell Dauterman.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    It's a big ask with a long pay off period since it'll take me ages but

What are the best storm stories, she's my girl based solely off of Marvel vs Capcom (likewise for wolvy, magneto and the mango sentinal) and I have no experience with the character aside from how dope she plays in two video games and I feel that's a proper dishonour

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    If you want to read the best Storm stories, you might as well just read all of Chris Claremont's X-Men run because literally all of her best stories happen in that run, and there is a lot of good Storm content all throughout.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    It's a big ask with a long pay off period since it'll take me ages but

What are the best storm stories, she's my girl based solely off of Marvel vs Capcom (likewise for wolvy, magneto and the mango sentinal) and I have no experience with the character aside from how dope she plays in two video games and I feel that's a proper dishonour

Uncanny X-Men #170-173 is the one that comes to mind first, but there are a lot, especially round this period X-Men was really focused on her as a character.

She has had a minor role recently in Marauders, but every one of her appearances in that has been great.

Dizzy D on
    Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Can we keep talking about Wolverine's dick in this thread or

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    He has one. She also doesn't.

• Options
    TheGerbil wrote: »

you don't know that

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Do we know any mutants who canonically don't have dicks

If not I'm just assuming they're all hanging dong

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Do we know any mutants who canonically don't have dicks

If not I'm just assuming they're all hanging dong

Iceman canonically sometimes does not fashion a dong out of his empty container ice bodies. But then sometimes he DEFINITELY does.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    Do we understand the mechanics of how Colossus gets an erection?

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Winky wrote: »

I mean, he gets hard. What more do you want?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

He needs to have one before the change to metal form or after. Having a partial stiffy during the change is a life threatening emergency.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I don't see why Colossus's dick would behave at all differently from the rest of his body with regards to the transformation

Like, he's organic steel, he can still move and stuff

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I don't see why Colossus's dick would behave at all differently from the rest of his body with regards to the transformation

Right but like

Just pumping blood into it isn't going to inflate it unless that's like some crazy high blood pressure

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Straightzi wrote: »

Right but like

Just pumping blood into it isn't going to inflate it unless that's like some crazy high blood pressure

That's a good point

Also all of his muscles will rapidly run out of oxygen because the blood won't flow correctly, capable of anaerobic actions for only a couple of minutes at most

So I guess he is just a statue whenever he uses his powers and I never noticed

Straightzi on
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    TheGerbil wrote: »

you don't know that

Damn that's true. My shitty joke is ruiiiinnnneeedddd.

• Options
    2020 show us A wolverine's dick

This discussion has been closed.