As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    Even short range stuff tends to be crazy good in Warcry. Won games on the strength of that spear-throwing guy in Untamed Beasts.

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Oh hey Castigators might actually get a niche in warcry.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I haven't actually had time to play the new warcry yet (or read the rules). Can the sphiranx or the fomoroid be part of a regular warband? The community site was lesss than clear on this.

Well, in the card picture on the GW listing, they have neither the ally, thrall or monster runemark, so I’m at a bit of a loss how you actually use them.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Are AoS top 8 lists hidden or something? I can't find the top 8 for the 2020 LVO any where.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2020
    I haven't actually had time to play the new warcry yet (or read the rules). Can the sphiranx or the fomoroid be part of a regular warband? The community site was lesss than clear on this.

Well, in the card picture on the GW listing, they have neither the ally, thrall or monster runemark, so I’m at a bit of a loss how you actually use them.

the flavor text suggests that doing so requires taming them

that either means a challenge battle or, failing an official ruling, i would just introduce them as part of a wandering monster twist and let whoever slays them have access to them in future missions

which means you would need to be playing campaign mode to have them in your warband

Vanguard on
  • Options
    What are good loadouts for 6 stormfiends? Should they all have different weapons or two of three weapons?

I also think I'm gonna setup and Idoneth warcry list. I don't want to commit to an entire fish people AoS army but warcry seems almost perfect. If I could use the sharks in warcry it would be perfect.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Two of three weapons will probably suit you better, they all want to be shooting at different things anyway so with two of each you can get the damage you need for the points investment. I prefer the ratling guns/windlaunchers over the warpflamer/whatever the other one is option, but it's personal preference, really.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Two of three weapons will probably suit you better, they all want to be shooting at different things anyway so with two of each you can get the damage you need for the points investment. I prefer the ratling guns/windlaunchers over the warpflamer/whatever the other one is option, but it's personal preference, really.

Those were the two I was planning on using for ranged. Not sure on the melee, the one that let's the unit tunnel seems cool but for actual combat the doomflayer gauntlet seems stronger.

Stragint on

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Stragint wrote: »

Those were the two I was planning on using for ranged. Not sure on the melee, the one that let's the unit tunnel seems cool but for actual combat the doomflayer gauntlet seems stronger.

Tunnel boy is mutually exclusive with the ratling gun not the melee. Melee is either Doomfist or Shock Gauntlets.

Doomfist if I recall is more consistent but with rerolls shock gauntlets end up better.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    TheGerbil wrote: »

Tunnel boy is mutually exclusive with the ratling gun not the melee. Melee is either Doomfist or Shock Gauntlets.

Doomfist if I recall is more consistent but with rerolls shock gauntlets end up better.

Oh, that sucks. The rattling gun is so much cooler so no tunneling for me.

Maybe when I one day get more stormfiends I can make a tunnel squad. I kind if want to get Thanquol and helping abominations first at some point though.

Stragint on

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    To be fair you can get pseudo-tunneling with the gnawholes anyway, and you don't really need to tunnel when you've got a 30" range gun a, like, -3 D3+1 damage (or whatever) picking off enemy support heroes with ease, forcing your opponent to advance into ratling gun range regardless.

• Options
    To be fair you can get pseudo-tunneling with the gnawholes anyway, and you don't really need to tunnel when you've got a 30" range gun a, like, -3 D3+1 damage (or whatever) picking off enemy support heroes with ease, forcing your opponent to advance into ratling gun range regardless.

True, I'm pretty excited to throw my gnawholes on the table. I still need to varnish the work I've done so far.

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular

True, I'm pretty excited to throw my gnawholes on the table. I still need to varnish the work I've done so far.

I'm still working on all these fucking clan rats. so many rats

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    So my buddy and I played our first AoS match last night and it was fantastic. Just an open game at around 750 pts.

My FEC (Archregent, ghoul courtier, terrorgeist, 3x horrors plus 10 summoned ghouls) vs his Big waagh ironjaws (Megaboss, 10 ardboys, 6 gruntas, and a warchanter) playing the first mission in the rulebook (first blood I think?).

AOS reminders was a fantastic resource btw.

Turn one I rolled initiative but let him go first, on my turn I summoned in 10 ghouls and managed an 11" charge to tie up his right flank, three gruntas. The archregents spell ability and a good roll meant they have five attacks a piece and my feast day grand delusion meant laying out a hundred attacks before he could fight back... it was messy and I didn't suffer a single lost model that round.

Turn two my terrorgeist got in, as did his ardboys and megaboss. His megaboss wiped all ten ghouls in one attack :lol: ... turn two and three my terrorgeist rolled five sixes out of six rolls for it's maw dumping 18 MW's into his ardboys and then megaboss (I rolled so many sixes last night). Everything else was stuck in by the end of turn three and my terrorgeist died to his remaining gruntas, dumping out three mortal wounds in return.

The remainder of the combat had my buddy rolling rather poorly and me rolling aces, with my archregent and horrors knocking out his last three gruntas and his warchanter.

I think we knocked out the whole game in an hour and both had a ton of fun... With rather limited armies and using the feast day grand delusion I found that I actually didn't have any reason to use CP once everyone was stuck in.

All in all I think he and I both are going to be focusing on AoS for the near future... it was super refreshing compared to some of the multi-book, rules intensive, slogs that 1500-2000pt 40k can be.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    point of advice, do not put your archregent into combat if you can help it

it is a support caster, and if you take blisterskin it becomes an incredibly difficult to kill general that bamfs flayers or dreggins around the battlefield and generates extra CP

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    fy6l0b2i2qm0.jpeg

WIP of my stalkers

Cruising through these

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Every time you post an update, I'm angrier and angrier at myself for going with Crematorians.

Your progress could have been my progress!

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

it is a support caster, and if you take blisterskin it becomes an incredibly difficult to kill general that bamfs flayers or dreggins around the battlefield and generates extra CP

That's what I kinda thought but I figured I'd throw him in anyway just to see how he'd handle himself... One round of combat with a grunta boss and I noped him right back out behind some horrors.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    As foot heroes go he's not terrible at fighting, but that's more valuable when you're opponent tries to assassinate him with something sneaky, really!

• Options
    So before my buddy and even played that first match he'd decided that if we're playing AoS he needs some sigmarines... We split a Soul Wars box my local game shop had and it came with a bunch of really cool warscroll cards for both armies.

Are these available to buy anywhere for other armies? They seem incredibly handy to have.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Does the warscroll builder allow for making a 500 point list? I'm only seeing 2k, 1k. And 250.

Trying to setup a 500 point Skaven list so my friends and I can play this weekend and learn some AoS.

Stragint on

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

That's what I kinda thought but I figured I'd throw him in anyway just to see how he'd handle himself... One round of combat with a grunta boss and I noped him right back out behind some horrors.

he's not awful in melee, but he's kinda whatever, and for more than 200 points it's not worth it

plus, he's a second level wizard with one of the most ridiculous spells in the game

• Options

he's not awful in melee, but he's kinda whatever, and for more than 200 points it's not worth it

plus, he's a second level wizard with one of the most ridiculous spells in the game

I hadn't really looked at his casting before last night, but that spell of his is sooooo good.

And with the trait and relic he was +2 to cast. Didn't miss a spell all game.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Does the warscroll builder allow for making a 500 point list? I'm only seeing 2k, 1k. And 250.

Trying to setup a 500 point Skaven list so my friends and I can play this weekend and learn some AoS.

I think when you pick the points button, you can click -500/-250/0/250/500 as a buffer. I recommend going less and do skirmish, unless you are houseruling the forces to just be like a battleline or 2 and a hero.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So before my buddy and even played that first match he'd decided that if we're playing AoS he needs some sigmarines... We split a Soul Wars box my local game shop had and it came with a bunch of really cool warscroll cards for both armies.

Are these available to buy anywhere for other armies? They seem incredibly handy to have.

These are technically available for other armies, they call them warscroll cards, however for reasons unknown they only seem to do a single print run of them when a new book comes out, so the older ones can be hard to track down. Independent retailers might still have some in stock if you snoop around.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I know I am building a small squig army but for the hoppers I don't know if I want to do them as Bounderz with the lances or with hand to hand weapons
    I might do 50/50 since it's going to be a small army of two hoppers two squigs a leader on a squig and a mangler

• Options

These are technically available for other armies, they call them warscroll cards, however for reasons unknown they only seem to do a single print run of them when a new book comes out, so the older ones can be hard to track down. Independent retailers might still have some in stock if you snoop around.

It's not the same scale size, but I find it better to just print the full warscrolls page size from a printing service, then get a 3 hole punch and put them in a binder. You also get all the errata this way.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I think when you pick the points button, you can click -500/-250/0/250/500 as a buffer. I recommend going less and do skirmish, unless you are houseruling the forces to just be like a battleline or 2 and a hero.

We aren't really sure what we are doing. First my friends are going to do the scenarios provided in the feast of bones vs box and then I'm gonna jump in with my Skaven.

• Options
    j13c2abfcbxd.jpeg

Crossposting from the painting thread - another squad done!

• Options
    The warcry starter terrain got here. I'm pretty sure it is all here. Got 7 sprues. Two of them are duplicates which I think is supposed to be the case.

This is a lot more terrain than I thought it came with.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    The warcry starter terrain got here. I'm pretty sure it is all here. Got 7 sprues. Two of them are duplicates which I think is supposed to be the case.

The Warcry starter box is so damn dense you could club someone to death with it.

• Options

As a note, if you're intending to play Warcry with it and want to be able to use the terrain cards for your board setup (these are sold separately so you still can without the core box) then you need to build it in a specific way that the instructions fail to tell you.

https://waywalkerstudios.com/assembling-terrain-for-warcry/

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

The Warcry starter box is so damn dense you could club someone to death with it.

Only if you somehow managed to lift it.

It was fun biking it home from the store, let me tell you.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options

As a note, if you're intending to play Warcry with it and want to be able to use the terrain cards for your board setup (these are sold separately so you still can without the core box) then you need to build it in a specific way that the instructions fail to tell you.

https://waywalkerstudios.com/assembling-terrain-for-warcry/

This is helpful. For now it will be just for warcry and the seller didn't send build instructions so this is also very useful.

So the terrain cards, I can buy them separately for this set of terrain? I was about to start scouring ebay for them.

• Options
    Ah, I lied, sorry.

I was thinking of this pack:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warcry-Battleplan-Cards-EN-2019

Which it turns out is all the cards from the core box apart from the terrain ones.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Another Ork warband?
    1do4ip3ed001.png

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Local wargaming club is terribly organized. They were hosting an open day today. The poster said there's be 40k, AoS, Malifaux, Blood Bowl, Warcry, Necromunda, and SW Legion, or "other games if you bring them".

I thought I'd finally get a chance to try my AoS ogors, and maybe Warcry and/or Kill Team (never tried any of them). So I brought 1000 pts of ogors and my one painted kill team.

Nope. The guys arranging AoS, BB and Warcry had all cancelled, and no one wanted to play KT. Played 1 game of 40k (750 pts) since I was there where I got tabled and then left.

Their track record as relates to me is now 0/2 (they "arranged" a tourney last October where I was literally the only one who signed up. Not even the organizer signed up.).

There's allegedly an AoS tourney last weekend in March, but I'll believe it when I see it. I asked them if there were, like, routine game nights or something, and they said it was just whenever they felt like getting together.

Just complete lack of competence all around, I feel.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Someone on reddit messaged me last week to offer to sell me their FEC collection that was almost entirely NOS or NIB as they were getting out of AOS and into 40k. It was a bit spendy, but I ended up with basically two more SC FEC boxes plus another 20 ghouls, six flayers, three horrors, a ghast, the endless spells and charnel throne all for about 50% of retail.... so I all of a sudden have like, 3k worth of FEC on hand. :lol:

So I think my FEC army is basically collected. I think this is the first time I've looked an an army and found myself not wanting more models for it...

My problem now is trying to figure out what to build everything as... Maybe magnetize the terrorgeist/zombie dragons so the ghoul kings can be included as riders or not?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Looking at how FEC courtiers work... is it better to just run multiple vargulfs as they can return a serf on a 2+ and a knight on a 4+ when they roll their six dice in your hero phase? For 40 points more than a flayer or horror courtier they seem to be better blenders as well.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Local wargaming club is terribly organized. They were hosting an open day today. The poster said there's be 40k, AoS, Malifaux, Blood Bowl, Warcry, Necromunda, and SW Legion, or "other games if you bring them".

I thought I'd finally get a chance to try my AoS ogors, and maybe Warcry and/or Kill Team (never tried any of them). So I brought 1000 pts of ogors and my one painted kill team.

Nope. The guys arranging AoS, BB and Warcry had all cancelled, and no one wanted to play KT. Played 1 game of 40k (750 pts) since I was there where I got tabled and then left.

Their track record as relates to me is now 0/2 (they "arranged" a tourney last October where I was literally the only one who signed up. Not even the organizer signed up.).

There's allegedly an AoS tourney last weekend in March, but I'll believe it when I see it. I asked them if there were, like, routine game nights or something, and they said it was just whenever they felt like getting together.

Just complete lack of competence all around, I feel.

I hate it when this happens, pretty much the only option is to ask to take over organizing such events, and it can be a ton of thankless work. If it's already a friend circle that basically decides if they are showing up or not, that generally means its a non starter, too.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.