As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PAX East 2020 Challenge Coin Thread] 2021 Coin message on page 3.

• Options
    DrippySlimeStarDrippySlimeStar Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    I'll be ordering after Friday's payday, provided that I don't spend too much at Saturday's Star Wars-themed craft beer fest. (I had to brag about that somewhere. My family just rolls their eyes at me when I get excited)

...what's this now? Do I now have plans on Saturday?

Whoops I didn't see how long ago that was posted. Sounds like a great time.

• Options
    std73std73 Extra Life Guild President Weymouth, MARegistered User regular
    I'll be ordering after Friday's payday, provided that I don't spend too much at Saturday's Star Wars-themed craft beer fest. (I had to brag about that somewhere. My family just rolls their eyes at me when I get excited)

It was a good time. Hopefully you didn't break the bank.

It was last Saturday, so you'll have to just drink beer and play star wars on tv. Which is still a pretty damn good Saturday.

PAX-signature-20.png
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020

Sorry, that was last weekend (02.01). It ended up not being anywhere near as Star Wars themed as I would have liked. Some cover band came on, playing Maroon 5 and the likes. Fine if that's your bag of tea. It is not mine by any stretch of the imagination. Most people were there for the unlimited beer consumption, which is fine and all. As my friend put it while looking over the crowd, "I'm starting to doubt the fandom here."

The best part was that all of the screens played a loop of the best saber battles from the first 6 episodes. That was pretty awesome and made me want to rewatch them all again (given that fast forwarding through half of Episode 2 is required to get past the horrible love story).

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    Hey folks, so I got this email from Kiddercorp yesterday.

I'm pretty sure this means the coins are not likely to make it in time for East. :(

Figured you all deserved to know.
    Hello,

We feel it necessary to inform all of our customers that due to the Coronavirus, most orders will be delayed.

The virus is disrupting the global supply chain and causing extended factory and shipping shutdowns everywhere. 

All active orders will be delayed. We expect an additional 10-14 days will be required for most orders, but the issue is ongoing and circumstances appear to be worsening daily.

We apologize for the unforeseen delay and appreciate your patience.

Thank You.

KidderCorp
    While that is unfortunate, there's really nothing to be done, nor anyone's fault other than the bats that started this whole epidemic. Considering what that virus has done, challenge coins are a low priority and a silly thing to get mad about. Thanks for keeping us in the loop and for all of the hard work that has always been put into these.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    std73std73 Extra Life Guild President Weymouth, MARegistered User regular

Sorry, that was last weekend (02.01). It ended up not being anywhere near as Star Wars themed as I would have liked. Some cover band came on, playing Maroon 5 and the likes. Fine if that's your bag of tea. It is not mine by any stretch of the imagination. Most people were there for the unlimited beer consumption, which is fine and all. As my friend put it while looking over the crowd, "I'm starting to doubt the fandom here."

The best part was that all of the screens played a loop of the best saber battles from the first 6 episodes. That was pretty awesome and made me want to rewatch them all again (given that fast forwarding through half of Episode 2 is required to get past the horrible love story).

There was definitely a good portion that were just there for the beer. The Star Wars part of it was irrelevant to them.

PAX-signature-20.png
  • Options
    KorvasKorvas Registered User regular
    Money is super tight this year, so 1 is all I will be able to get :( I'll have some of the older ones to trade if anyone needs some.

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    For anyone looking, here's the Order form again!
    https://forms.gle/pbffmGFqpvCuSScs8

• Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    Dammit I completely forgot about Challenge coins last year and nearly forgot this year. Can't say I'm a fan of the VR side, but if I wanted a say I should have been around for the designing!

Are there any of last year's coins floating around? I'd love to get one for my collection.

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    brokenvegetablebrokenvegetable Virtual Photographer BostonRegistered User regular
    I have extra from last year

• Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Ordered! just got for myself this year since they'll be delayed. Moving away from my usual PAX crew sucks :(

• Options
    Dammit I completely forgot about Challenge coins last year and nearly forgot this year. Can't say I'm a fan of the VR side, but if I wanted a say I should have been around for the designing!

Are there any of last year's coins floating around? I'd love to get one for my collection.

If you cant find one let me know. I can get you one.

• Options
    I have extra from last year

Would you be willing to sell to me? I would ideally like to get 1 color and 1 regular coin, but if you only have one of them, that's good too! I could pay paypal before the con, or cash at, whatever you prefer.

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    brokenvegetablebrokenvegetable Virtual Photographer BostonRegistered User regular
    I have one of each extra

• Options
    I have one of each extra

Oh awesome! I'll PM you to figure out payment/meeting up!

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    LycaneLycane Registered User regular
    I ordered 2 but never received them - do I contact kidder?

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Lycane wrote: »
    I ordered 2 but never received them - do I contact kidder?

This year's haven't gone out yet. Coronavirus issues have delayed the order.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    LycaneLycane Registered User regular
    Thank you Arc!

• Options
    Coins should reach Kiddercorp by the end of next week, and then shipping shall begin.

• Options
    RenegadeTKRenegadeTK Central MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Is there a chance I can put in an order for a couple more color coins if I contact Kiddercorp directly?

• Options
    Hey folks, kiddercorp is preparing the shipping labels so they can package and ship your coins as soon as they arrive stateside, and they noticed a couple issues, i've emailed those of you I need extra info from.

Everyone who ordered coins will get coins, and if you want to grab extra regular coins we have ~30 left.

• Options
    SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Got my coins today.
    w923irktwrot.jpg
    8qkbfhucrld3.jpg
    b00e4c976pfj.jpg
    1vhblmwanp3j.jpg
    umchyaw0x6cl.jpg

@SutibunRi Thanks again for another year of coinage :P

Sepioth on
    4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    Coins received! Thanks! :D

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • Options
    stitchingdragonstitchingdragon MA, USARegistered User regular
    Mine arrived and they look great, thank you

-stitchingdragon
  • Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    got 'em! great job as always. see you all for the unplugged coin discussion in a few months. :)

• Options
    Everyone should have their coins (or have them waiting at post offices depending on how mail is being handled right now?)
    Except for one person who I only have an email address for who hasn't replied to the email asking for missing info.

If you haven't gotten yours, send me a PM and I'll look into it.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Hey everyone.
    We're at about that time when we want to start working on coins for East 2021, but with no indication that East is actually going to happen.

I don't feel like I currently have the mental energy to devote myself to getting the coin process rolling knowing that it might end up being for nothing.

If anyone else wants to take up the responsibility, please, speak up.

Or we can wait and see, then have a much shorter design phase if we get good news.

SutibunRi on
  • Options
    KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    Hi SutibunRi! Good to hear from you again. I just checked the BCEC site earlier today, and they have a number of large shows scheduled for the months and weeks prior to PAX East in there, like an auto show, seafood show, etc. Some appear very large, so I'm hoping we can still move ahead, and the BCEC appears to still be free the week of PAX (which is normal, they don't post PAX on the schedule). I no longer have a direct link to management (I spoke with Robert Khoo in years past) and so have no further input as to what discussions the staff must be having. I know they have that ten year contract and not sure what options they have to cancel, but it does appear the BCEC itself is permitting shows next year. Hopefully they will let us know soon. I will be attending for certain if the show is on, but I won't be able to tackle the coin process myself.

• Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    I suspect they'll cancel but it's hard to know when they'll do so. If I'm not mistaken they've not been great announcing shows are pulled in advance and have only been doing so maybe 2 months till showtime. We know the show would be end of March, I'd say lay low till the end of November and if badgers don't go on sale by then, assume the plug was pulled.

• Options
    XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    Personally speaking, I'd still be interested in an East 2021 coin even if the show doesn't happen (maybe a "joke" coin of some sort?), but I've only ever been a customer, not a volunteer. Maybe go ahead and brainstorm a coin that, at worst, doesn't actually get printed until East 2022?

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • Options
    Xenigma wrote: »
    Personally speaking, I'd still be interested in an East 2021 coin even if the show doesn't happen (maybe a "joke" coin of some sort?), but I've only ever been a customer, not a volunteer. Maybe go ahead and brainstorm a coin that, at worst, doesn't actually get printed until East 2022?
    I have absolutely zero design skill but a gag coin is screaming "404 PAX Not found" to me.

• Options
    guyatthecounterguyatthecounter Registered User regular
    Xenigma wrote: »
    I have absolutely zero design skill but a gag coin is screaming "404 PAX Not found" to me.

I'd love a coin that commemorates the dumpster fire that is 2020! I usually get a coin for each of the shows and now there will be the gap in my collection from all the canceled shows. If we combined all the missed shows into 1 coin would there be enough interest? Maybe a coin with one side lists East, West, South, Unplugged, Australia, and the other side some depiction of the virus or a mask with the 404 text?

• Options
    RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    That sounds interesting. It could be a pentagram on one side with S, E, W, A, U on the spokes and then O in the middle. It could just say PAX 2020 and the other side could be the virus and say Stay Home instead of the usual Welcome Home. PAX South and PAX East did have a coin this year though

RILMS on
    OtyHMcu.jpg
  • Options
    DrewsGFXDrewsGFX Registered User regular
    ylyelraazjs3.png

Quick COVID concept I threw together

• Options
    RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    Hmmm.....tempted to make a coin now....I wonder what the interest would be though...

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • Options
    I'm interested in a 2021 coin even if it ends up being virtual. Also looking for a 2013 coin, mine is missing. Anyone have an extra?

-stitchingdragon
  • Options
    I would also love a 2021 coin love the idea of a 404 coin or a corona coin

• Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    I'm interested as well. Would is be a PAX East coin or a PAX online one though?

• Options
    XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    jdixon1972 wrote: »
    I'm interested as well. Would is be a PAX East coin or a PAX online one though?

From what I gather, PAX Online is PAX East, although for coin purposes I rather like the idea of a "joke" coin instead of a proper Online coin.

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • Options
    Is there going to be a 2022 coin discussion?

-stitchingdragon
  • Options
    I would also like to know, but given the fact that it's only a month away, I'm pretty sure there won't be one 😞

This discussion has been closed.