As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PC Games - Ancient Enemy & GameDev Beatdown out today!

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    What was your build like?

Two upgraded ruptures, an upgraded dual wield, and just constantly stabbing myself

Plus reaper and feed, for when I started to run out of hit points

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I must say I think I am not engaging with slay the spire on some level, I cant get past act 3 with any character besides the poison character and that was only once when the RNG favoured me and I totally rolled the game which

I dunno I encounter this feeling with roguelike games often where after awhile it feels like all failure and success is attributable to the RNG rather than anything Im doin failure is bitter and success is hollow

Oh this is definitely an element. I mean, getting the right card picks and the relics that will support those is always going to be a thing.

It doesn't bother me though? Like, I dunno, I get way more irritated by RNG stuff with games that take more than an hour to play a full run of - here it doesn't have time to get old and start irritating me.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I felt like the structure of Slay the Spire really limited your freedom of play so I beat it but didn't play it much after that. Unlike Binding of Isaac, where you can be screwed by rng but if you're good enough you could beat it with zero items anyway (I am not good enough)

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I finally did it

I beat Act 4 of Slay the Spire with the Ironclad

That's all four of the characters now

It only took me 489 hours

k do it on A20 now

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I appreciate Spelunky and Binding for the fact that yes a stone cold maniac of sufficient puissance could annihilate them with no concern for item drops and etc.

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    if you want to get better at spire, watch Jorbs on youtube

he is very good and not a milkshake duck

I think the highest Ascension I've pulled off is A8 with the Silent.

I don't overall find the Ascension climb entertaining in its own right. I leave it on still, so I'm very slowly climbing through them, but it's never been that compelling a goal for me.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Fallen order:
    The ATST on Zeffo was probably the easiest enemy on the planet, which I feel it shouldn't have been.

Maybe if I had been playing on a harder difficulty? I kept expecting it to do some kind of stomp but it just never did.

I was also just told the story of Cere's padawan not making it, and I'm putting down $20 right now that the second sister from the opening act is her former padawan.

I also started not being able to help myself from seeing Cal as Jedi Knight Archie Andrews.
    D8ba-nQU0AA68L8.jpg

D8Z_K7vXoAUaKgP.jpg

Psykoma on
    edited February 2020
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Fallen order:
    The ATST on Zeffo was probably the easiest enemy on the planet, which I feel it shouldn't have been.

Maybe if I had been playing on a harder difficulty? I kept expecting it to do some kind of stomp but it just never did.

I was also just told the story of Cere's padawan not making it, and I'm putting down $20 right now that the second sister from the opening act is her former padawan.

I also started not being able to help myself from seeing Cal as Jedi Knight Archie Andrews.
    D8ba-nQU0AA68L8.jpg

D8Z_K7vXoAUaKgP.jpg

cal is jedi knight NOT-JOKER from gotham

PiptheFair on
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Folks who have played Everspace, anyone got recommendations on how to handle Okkar frigates? Are they worth engaging or should I just be exclusively running away?

I’ve encountered them a few times now and I can’t seem to make a dent at all.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    No he's archie, and not just because he's a ginger

He's also a very good boy

Shorty wrote: »
    No he's archie, and not just because he's a ginger

He's also a very good boy

no, I mean the actor literally played not-joker on gotham

also, jedi order has some jank going on, but it is incredibly genuine in it's star wars-ness and I love it for it

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Am I the only one for who this thread shows perpetually all new posts even when I've read them all?

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Am I the only one for who this thread shows perpetually all new posts even when I've read them all?

No, its an issue with the forums right now. I'm getting it too.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Oh we all gettin it now

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    I’m not huge on Star Wars but I liked fallen order a lot. The jank and squishiness of the parry system just kept me from going back and 100%ing the game or starting a new game on the hardest difficulty.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Done! I have forged a path through the Northeastern Forest in Satisfactory.

zP1brqZ.png?1

I have a lot of trouble getting lost in the woods here, so I decided 'fuck it' and just marked a path between the nice clean entrance to the dunes/canyon and the path down to the grasslands. Now if I want to go to the grassy fields I don't have to drive west through the canyon and desert, and then south along the western shore, and then back east.

Also managed to snag another dozen or so hard drives so fingers crossed on that steel blueprint. I've pretty much hit all the easy ones I know. (even found a few new ones while wandering)

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »

zP1brqZ.png?1

I have a lot of trouble getting lost in the woods here, so I decided 'fuck it' and just marked a path between the nice clean entrance to the dunes/canyon and the path down to the grasslands. Now if I want to go to the grassy fields I don't have to drive west through the canyon and desert, and then south along the western shore, and then back east.

Also managed to snag another dozen or so hard drives so fingers crossed on that steel blueprint. I've pretty much hit all the easy ones I know. (even found a few new ones while wandering)

Not sure if they fixed it in update 3 but you can save scum hard drives if you are so interested.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    webguy20 wrote: »
    MuddBudd wrote: »

zP1brqZ.png?1

Not sure if they fixed it in update 3 but you can save scum hard drives if you are so interested.

It's fixed.

-edit-

Interesting, there are a bunch of new recipes where you can purify ore with water for better efficiency.

-double edit-

I am... not sure where these recipes are used. Maybe in the next tier theirs a smelter with a water hookup in it? Strange.

Got my steel recipe though, ready to go build my steelworks.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    Karl Geralt Witcher 2 Assassin of Kings final entry

What a clusterfuck of a situation. Here's the key updates
    • I let Roche kill Henslet. Fuck that guy.
    • I had to make a choice between rescuing Triss or a princess.
    • I chose Triss.
    • It turns out that the lodge of Sorceresses was behind the kingslayers
    • I let Sile die because fuck her. She had it coming
    • I then fight an actual fucking dragon because sure, why not.
    • I let the dragon live because they are beautiful noble creatures.
    • I finally have a good chat with Letho.
    • He's an agent for Nilfguard because this is magic Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy apparently.
    • Controversial choice, I let him live. I'm just as surprised as anyone but in the end, I had already cleared my name. There had been enough killing.
    • Apparently Yen is in Nilfguard and I'm meant to care about her and something called the Wild Hunt. I remember meeting the King of the Wild Hunt awhile back. Maybe when I get my memories back, I'll know why I should give a shit.

Karl Geralt will return in Witcher 3: the Wild Hunt.

Sometimes at the end of the year. I've decided to install Baulder's Gate: Enhanced Edition and actually make an attempt at completing it.

I hope you're all looking forward to

Baulder's Gate: Enhanced Edition
    "Karl watches his teacher die to some mad fucker in a skull mask, and then kinda stumbles along from there"

Seriously, I didn't get much further than that.

I heartily endorse your witchering, you made exactly the same choices as me.

Also re: Geralt's memory, don't hold your breath for getting it back. At the end of W2 it's as back as it's going to be. If you feel like you really missed something then welcome to the club.

In hindsight W2 is a really obtuse game. I spent a lot of time not knowing why I was doing what I was doing and I found all the explanation at the end pretty confusing. Fortunately W3 is much better about that stuff.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Witcher 2 is a 40 hour game that I spent 39.5 hours not knowing what the fuck was going on.

rRwz9.gif
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Hearts of Stone
    Oh hey, Shani! I sort of vaguely remember you!

This rune guy wants me to give him 3000 crowns. Is it worth it? Because that's a lot of money I could be using for armour upgrades.

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Witcher 2 is a 40 hour game that I spent 39.5 hours not knowing what the fuck was going on.

I err, smashed through that in 28 hours. I followed Roche's path but I did every side quest I could find bar the dice games. Fuck those games.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Hearts of Stone
    Oh hey, Shani! I sort of vaguely remember you!

This rune guy wants me to give him 3000 crowns. Is it worth it? Because that's a lot of money I could be using for armour upgrades.

not really, go back to him when you're done upgrading everything else

Guide 'Skul' on his quest to single-handedly take on the Imperial Army and rescue his King from captivity, in an action-packed rogue-lite 2D platformer for the ages.
    Feb 19 - Skul the Hero Slayer (platformer, 2D, rogue-lite)

Coming back to the family hotel after years, a young woman finds herself trapped with the ghosts from her past and an old cellular telephone as the only way to unveil a terrible truth.
    Feb 19 - Suicide of Rachel Foster (mystery, narrative, first person)

... I'm pretty sure a bandit in this camp just yelled "Witness me!"

The Suicide of Rachel Foster
    What Remains of Edith Finch
    The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
    Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf
    Everybody Loves Raymond Romano

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    ... I'm pretty sure a bandit in this camp just yelled "Witness me!"

You’ve found what’s left of the Order of the Flaming Rose.

Haha. I'm having a conversation with a guy next to a burning house and this cat strolls between us as we're talking, calm as anything, on fire.

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    If the keep this up, soon No Man's Sky will be the game Star Citizen was supposed to be three years ago.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    If the keep this up, soon No Man's Sky will be the game Star Citizen was supposed to be three years ago.

It's definitely not the game I loved anymore but I'm glad they're still grinding out content.

But at this rate it'll turn into another We Happy Few disaster

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Did they fix the part where most of the early game is pointing a laser at a rock while a robot gets mad at you?

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I was debating Corruption 2029 because it looks like it's basically just MY:0 1.8, Stuff the Devs Wanted to test.

But then I realized I had one of those Epic first purchase in the sale thing that makes it cost like £6 so I'm down for it.

captaink wrote: »
    Did they fix the part where most of the early game is pointing a laser at a rock while a robot gets mad at you?

Yes, there's lots of building now.

And, yeah, running.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I felt like the structure of Slay the Spire really limited your freedom of play so I beat it but didn't play it much after that. Unlike Binding of Isaac, where you can be screwed by rng but if you're good enough you could beat it with zero items anyway (I am not good enough)

I super disagree, I find the best part of that game is taking what you get and trying to find a way forward with it even if its unorthodox or making you take cards you would usually never (see Straightzi winning with a rupture build). STS is not meant to be 100% winnable (AFAIK the developers aim for you being able to win 50% of the time on Ascension 10 difficulty), and you often learn stuff from losses as much as winning

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    It's definitely not the game I loved anymore but I'm glad they're still grinding out content.

You have it the wrong way around, We Happy Few was the No Man Sky disaster.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Diarmuid wrote: »

What in the sweet fuck, this is awesome
    captaink wrote: »

Yes, there's lots of building now.

And, yeah, running.

The robots no longer swarm everywhere. I can go multiple hours without ever seeing one, much less it getting mad at me.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I wonder what the cash flow is like for No Man's Sky. Do these ongoing content drops drive substantial new sales? Or is it still them just doing make goods for the initial negative blowback while they coast off the strong original sales with a relatively small team? The first few big updates felt like the latter, but they keep coming even after the tone around the game has largely changed

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    Glal wrote: »

You have it the wrong way around, We Happy Few was the No Man Sky disaster.

We Happy Few was the Bioshock disaster in that I really didn't like Bioshock.

This discussion has been closed.