As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New [Fashion] thread. Quite stylish.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Pendletons are like $120

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    American Eagle is having a pretty good sale on jeans right now. I got 3 pairs for a hundo which is dope, especially since I needed new jeans pretty badly. I was basically down to one or two pair that I wore regularly.

I ended up buying skinny jeans because I'm young, goddammit. I'm young and hip and I can wear them, I can fuck you I'm not sobbing you're sobbing

I'm in this post and I don't like it

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Patagonia and Prana having a sale now

Fucking sucks that I am so skint after X-Mas

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I had the self control not to buy this Ark Air and 18 East collaboration jacket that was super dope
    Good job me!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/11/style/mens-style-shopping-streetwear-after-supreme.html
    ^
    But I’m weirdly proud of the 18 East guys for getting written up in the NYT - they opened a small shop here and it’s pretty chill, I’ve met the owner a few times and the three younger guys he employs, and they just make really awesome stuff and are super nice people
    Nice to be able to have a personal level of connection with a brand while it’s small too

Here’s a short profile with the founder https://www.esquire.com/style/mens-fashion/a30899090/five-fits-with-antonio-ciongoli-18-east-designer/
    And he’s wearing that jacket I did not buy

poo
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I look pretty good tonight, fashion thread.

You're gonna just have to take my word for it.

But I do.

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I look pretty good tonight, fashion thread.

You're gonna just have to take my word for it.

But I do.

Juggs, buddy, we just assume this about you on the regular.

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    We've made worse mistakes.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Phashion Phthread, ze boots

Zey have arrived

g4Ajxzoh.jpg

JcFIvHgh.jpg

pls ignore my sockies as they were the workout sockies I happened to wearing when I got home to the package on my doorstep

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Is the hairtie inside the boot, or..

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Is the hairtie inside the boot, or..

To my perennial regret I do not have hair of a type that requires hair ties.

I looked in the bathrooms and the junk bin in case someone visiting had left one, but alas.

A rubber band just isn't the same.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    @Liiya ?

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I honestly like a bunch of the stuff in that thread

It's goofy and over the top

But like, these fine china pastoral prints being done on denim jackets?

Something about it hits the right levels of dissonance for me

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I would wear a shirt with that pattern on it, I certainly would

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    https://www.vulture.com/2020/02/larry-david-curb-fashion-clothing.html

i like the LD big normcore dad vibes

curb-blazer.w700.h467.2x.jpg

i have a friend who is very much like this with his fits

poo
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Big Dad Energy

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I was reading an article today about Christian Lacroix and this dress was featured and I was like FUCK YES THIS IS WHAT I WANT IT'S BACK BABY

turns out it's from the Jean Patou/Lacroix s/s '87 show whatever I want it

vSxQfDv.jpg

also shun the unbelievers who claim that black sheer stockings EVER went out of style

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    that is very kiki's delivery service

I dig it

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Black sheer stockings are amazing.

It's a hill I'll die on.

Also went to a party last weekend:

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    That skirt is SUPER adorable and I love it AND those stockings!

I saw someone wearing a royal blue one similar to it in the washroom today. Much jealousy.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I'm getting new glasses for the first time in seven years. I had quite a bit of time to browse while waiting for my eye exam, and finally found a pair of frames that I really like.

And then realized that they're literally made by Moleskine, the notebook company for self-serious English majors.

And it's like yeah, I know, but you don't have to say it out loud, The Universe.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Look! They're just nice notebooks! No I don't have 6 of them, that's silly!

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Look! They're just nice notebooks! No I don't have 6 of them, that's silly!

I'll have you know I recently switched over to the only notebook brand more hipstery and insufferable: Field Notes.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i've fallen out of love with the traditional moleskine pretty much entirely but i fucking swear by the thin brown cover ones

9788883704987_p0_v2_s550x406.jpg

uc3ufTB.png
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Seidkona wrote: »
    Black sheer stockings are amazing.

It's a hill I'll die on.

Also went to a party last weekend:

That's a rockin outfit, and I do really like the look of black sheer stockings.

Though I'll prefer black matte stockings because they more effectively hide when I haven't felt like doing anything with leg hair

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Those poor moles.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Those poor moles.

hey I was gonna make this joke how dare you go back in time 2 hours after stealing it from me

BahamutZERO.gif
    My new glasses apparently have an unasked-for blue light filter on them, and I think I'm kind of pissed about it. The science around blue light is extremely shoddy, and it makes everything feel a little bit O Brother, Where Art Thou.

I like blue, it's a valuable color in my environment.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Now is my chance to s-talk that dang ol' Jedoc...

Who said that

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I bought expensive sunglasses.

I am now terrified for the safety of my sunglasses.

Sir Platypus on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2020
    Hair goals, if ever have the patience to let mine grow below jaw length

qb5u28upbwl7.jpg

(I've realised that braiding is the only way to reliably keep my hair on the professional side of insane, on the bright side once I braid it it just kind of ... stays there for three or four days).

tynic on
  • pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    The idea of that picture is intriguing, but the link is giving me a 403 error.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    What's good in messenger bags these days?

I've got a solid Timbuk2 that I use for going to and from work, but I'm thinking of picking up a secondary bag to use for... not work stuff. Going to D&D, mostly.

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Tom Bihn and Peak Design both make really nice messenger bags. They might be overkill if you don't need something that'll last a lifetime, but Tom Binh does offer a number that are more reasonably priced.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    What's good in messenger bags these days?

I've got a solid Timbuk2 that I use for going to and from work, but I'm thinking of picking up a secondary bag to use for... not work stuff. Going to D&D, mostly.

I've got way too many messenger bags. Timbuk2 is a solid, affordable workhorse. The strap is kind of floppy and sucks, though.

I like my Chrome Citizen bag best, though. Looks a little cooler, fits a bit more, and if you get one of the ones with the lightweight aluminum hardware (instead of steel), it's super light for such a heavy duty bag. Much better strap and padding than the Timbuk2.

I've also got a Mission Workshop bag which is definitely the nicest made, but also way more expensive, and I don't really love the roll-top design because it's hard to get shit out of it.

Peak Design's Everyday Messenger is fantastic for camera gear. It works for other stuff, but it's very structured and kind of bulky, so if you're not using the inserts for camera gear or something similar, you lose a lot of the appeal of the really clever design.

I also have a Chrome Kadet, which is a smaller sling bag (big enough for a tablet and a few books, or a small point-and-shoot camera and highly recommend it if you don't need to carry much.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust