As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Incremental

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Incremental

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Can you quantify that it terms of "sleeves"?

• SinistreSpectreSinistreSpectre Registered User new member
    I felt this one pretty deeply.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I felt this one pretty deeply.

I am literally sitting at work with a pile of carbs and fat that I am bringing up to my face and consuming while reading this.

zepherin on
  • John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    Mike's really been going further with Gabe's expressions recently. I like it, particularly since it really gets across the hands behind back "let me impart my wisdom" stance.

• MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

First, some variables: Standard or Family Pack? Regular or Double Stuf?

On the other hand, I think regardless of size, a full sleeve is the standard portion. Who leaves an unfinished sleeve?

A villain, that’s who.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Mercade wrote: »

On the other hand, I think regardless of size, a full sleeve is the standard portion. Who leaves an unfinished sleeve?

A villain, that’s who.

Well, naturally. You can't leave a half eaten sleeve out, the cookies will get dry, or stale, or soggy depending on your local environment.

Or, so I've heard. I've not been brave enough to attempt such an experiment myself.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I've found the only way to eat a "healthy" amount of Oreos is to make sure there enough people partaking that there simply aren't enough cookies to overindulge.

steam_sig.png

A villain, that’s who.

The sad part is they don't even package the standard Oreos in "sleeves" anymore. I think they probably had some research that said people would stop after one sleeve.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    see317 wrote: »

A villain, that’s who.

Well, naturally. You can't leave a half eaten sleeve out, the cookies will get dry, or stale, or soggy depending on your local environment.

Or, so I've heard. I've not been brave enough to attempt such an experiment myself.

I'll be honest, a whole sleeve of Oreos has been more than I could handle since I was a teenager. Consequently, I pretty much only eat Oreos when there are others around to share with, usually my nephews. I think the volume of milk needed for an optimal experience is the tipping point for me.

Now, Fig Newtons on the other hand. I go through sleeves of those like an industrial machine.

Edit: apparently I was channeling Brian Regan with that last sentence, but it definitely holds true in my experience.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qa-B7Sg_i4

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

Oh, you meant 'sleeves of oreos.'

That makes a lot more sense now.

H9f4bVe.png
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Now, Fig Newtons on the other hand. I go through sleeves of those like an industrial machine.

It's just bizarre how different people are. I like Fig Newtons, but after about five or six, I'm good. That goes down to about three if I don't have any milk.

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    The news post is really damn good today. That last line cracked me up pretty bad.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    The linked YouTube video was neat too. I knew about non-Newtonian fluids before, but it's got some pretty cool demonstrations of it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Op_1yG6lQ

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png