As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mobile Layout Exploded

2»

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    It's probably smart for anybody who is continuing to have the layout problem on mobile to clear their cache before reporting in.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    edit: never mind

Still broken on Android 10

Chrome 80.0.3987.117

Also tried Samsung Internet 11.0.00.76, still broken after clearing data

Weaver on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Tube wrote: »
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    is there anyone reading this thread who's like "huh, never happened to me even once" and it's looked fine for the last few days?

+1 for haven't noticed any mobile explodings

Chrome 80.0.3987.99
    Android 10 on a pixel 2

Could you update your chrome and see if that breaks it maybe? This is a weird request I know.
    Actually had my phone plugged in to charge and it updated during that since I'm not one of those people that never updates in case they change something.
    Phone now on Chrome 80.0.3987.117 and things don't look broken, unsure how to flush cache on phone to see if that changes anything.
    :edit: found cache, flushed it, site still appears to be behaving for me.

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    This bug is the worst, I can barely even convince Vanilla that it's real because they can't reproduce it.

• Options
    Is there anything we could do to help?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I deleted the cache and it didn't fix the issue. Also the website stopped loading in chrome so I downloaded Firefox and I'm getting the same layout issue there.

EDIT: Rebooting Chrome fixed the "no load" error, but I'm still getting the borked layout.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    I’ve cleared my cache and rebooted my phone. Still borked.

iPhone 11
    Safari
    Both updated.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    Also broken still on a freshly installed Firefox 68.5.0

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    I cleared my cache as well. Still busted.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    iPhone X
    iOS 13.3.1
    Safari 13

attempted going to desktop site and back, as well as changing data from wifi to my cell network, and clearing my browser cache for penny-arcade.com; none of those operations fixed the layout

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    It’s looking normal again for me.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    Still broken across all the same browsers.

• Options
    Likewise.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    is there anyone reading this thread who's like "huh, never happened to me even once" and it's looked fine for the last few days?

Yes, no problems here. LG V30, Android 8.0, Chrome 80.0.3987.117, also Firefox 68.5.0 (both are fine)

Jazz on
  • Options
    Ark EvensongArk Evensong The NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

Yes, no problems here. LG V30, Android 8.0, Chrome 80.0.3987.117, also Firefox 68.5.0 (both are fine)

Same, no problems like this at all past days/months. Android 5.1.1, Pulp 4G Build/LMY47V, Chrome 80.0.3987.117.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Moto G7, Android 9, Firefox 68.5.0, and I'm having the issue.

I'm seeing vote counts on threads and posts, and they're weirdly non-zero. Do mods have the secret ability to vote on things, or something?

Edit: never mind on the posts at least, that seems to just be a duplicate of the agree count.

jothki on
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Yep, problem comes back every time I am on data and then goes away when on my home wifi

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I am on wifi and chrome mobile, website for forums shows up borked normally and in incognito mode.

Chrome 80.0.3987.99

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    If it helps at all, the mobile site loads up

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/static-asset/cl40013/asset/less/mobile/style-44774d71.css?v=4.0-2020.003.5e4c38dc

the contents of which are just
    /* Compiling, please wait */

That link now loads up correct CSS as well. Maybe the issue that it's having is that it thinks that it's successfully pushed out new versions of the CSS when there's actually been a bottleneck that's slowing deployment? That would explain why the issue comes and goes for some people.

• Options
    Any news on this issue? Or has it gone away for anyone who's been having the problem this whole time?

• Options
    David WalgasDavid Walgas Registered User regular
    It hasn’t gone entirely away, no.

• Options
    when there's news on the issue, I'll let y'all know

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    was experiencing this all day but it's working again for me now
    Galaxy S7, Android 8.0.0, Chrome 80.0.3987.117

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    and now it's exploded again

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Hey, layout is back to normal for me now!

Forum is incredibly slow at the moment though, but the layout unexploded itself!

EDIT: Slowness is gone now.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    The flip flopping for individual users is odd and the issue isn't correlating with deploys on our end. We've tested on a wide range of devices. We're still looking into this, but right now the only chance we have is brute force trying to reproduce it to get more information, or hope something suspect appears in our logging.

I havent seen this issue at all, and I'm the only one in the office who would have a reliable random sampling of looking at the forums to go off of.

• Options
    Working for me now for some reason

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Iruka wrote: »
    The flip flopping for individual users is odd and the issue isn't correlating with deploys on our end. We've tested on a wide range of devices. We're still looking into this, but right now the only chance we have is brute force trying to reproduce it to get more information, or hope something suspect appears in our logging.

I havent seen this issue at all, and I'm the only one in the office who would have a reliable random sampling of looking at the forums to go off of.

Assuming this latest "it's working now" actually persists this time, I vote on blaming gamma rays ;)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    This is the first time it's worked for me since the issue first occured.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Just started working for me, first time in a week or so.

Chrome version: 80.0.3987.117
    Operating system: Android 9; ONEPLUS A3000 Build/PKQ1.181203.001

On a OnePlus 3T

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Working for me now, too. Maybe one server out there went bad and anyone connecting to it got the problem and now that server's working again?

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    It appears better for me as well. I wonder if it's maybe geolocation related, such as a bad CDN edge?

• Options
    issue was still persisting earlier today for me but it's fine again

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    Fixed for me.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Fixed here now.