As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Big Preview Tomorrow!

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Think I found my new favorite way of doing plasma glow. Gonna try it on my AdMech after I finish touching them up, washes, etc.

f129ka6x6mcc.png
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/7z1q73/my_attempt_at_a_quick_and_easy_plasma_glow_its/
    Oh man, this new Necromunda Goliath book has bust things wide open. It's pretty much a new edition when it comes to gang composition and the changes seem to be all for the better! It'll be a little odd playing a mix of the new house books and the old houses playing catch up, but I like this a lot.

I though the Goliath thing was just updates to the, er Goliaths. Or is this like the PA books? Should we expect updates for each gang going forward?

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Each gang is getting their own book like this. House of chains has two additional types of gangers for Goliath but also other stuff like the slaver guild and the ogryn slave revolutionary gang.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Each gang is getting their own book like this. House of chains has two additional types of gangers for Goliath but also other stuff like the slaver guild and the ogryn slave revolutionary gang.

a60zy16l8q5w.jpg
    I know I was on the fence about getting the Goliath book/cards/minis But I was waiting to see what the book was like {I was correct but still am curious about the details} But I will be more financially liquid when the Escher book comes out

• Options
    With how Mcfarlane is doing a series of Gw figures {I don't know if it's just 40k or such}
    kppj7gw9jp2q.png
    I know you cannot get the bandai figure anymore as I hopped they would continue the line and do others as I have the hope here. I would pay my good hard earned money for an eldar I know the drukkari are right up McFarlane's alley but I would like a Farseer or harlequin as well

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I always forget how absolutely stupid Wulfen can be. Shock Assault makes my thunder hammer and storm shield wulfen so much scarier.

Had a pretty fun game against my friend's custodes. I tried my list with two drop pods full of blood claws, Ragnar, and a wolfguard battle leader. It did not go well. Only 1 squad of blood claws made the charge and the other squad and two HQs did not make it. All the blood claws got wiped out turn 1 and Ragnar followed shortly after.

My friend charged the wolfguard battle leader that has a storm shield and thunder hammer with his Trajan. We decided this fight should end in honorable combat since neither took any wounds on the first combat. My friend opted for destroying the drop pods cause they existed and the wolfguard and Trajan fought for 4 turns. Wolfguard won and then got stabbed by a bayonet from a basic IG infantry and died cause he only had one wound left.

The wulfen absolutely blasted through everything they touched but my friend got a squad of 3 terminators, a squad of 2 terminators, a terminator HQ, and a jetbike into close combat on the charge and proceeded to kill 4 of the 5 remaining wulfen. Luckily I remembered wulfen are dumb and get a 5+ feel no pain and if they die in close combat they get to fight back no matter what.

The retaliation form the wulfen was devastating but it was not enough to win. We played the objective where at the start of turn 3 the objective enters the battlefield and he was able to get all his IG in range of it to claim the objective by end of turn 5.

It was a good game. Lots of hellblaster dying because of the -1 to hit bubble one of his HQs had.

The LGS has two of the Space Wolves battleforce boxes and I was slightly tempted to get it because I could always use more wulfen and stormfangs but that would put me at 4 stormfangs which is too many and also more intercessors which I really don't need. Would be better off just buying another 10 wulfen.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Like, that McFarlane model is nice, but if I got one I’d have to do some washing and panel-lining at the very least. Maybe just a little edge-highlighting, especially on the gun-casing. Then some weathering powders...

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I wonder when those Bandai figures shipped.... I managed to an order in for one. I might have to repaint it as a Space wolf though...

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    I always forget how absolutely stupid Wulfen can be. Shock Assault makes my thunder hammer and storm shield wulfen so much scarier.

Had a pretty fun game against my friend's custodes. I tried my list with two drop pods full of blood claws, Ragnar, and a wolfguard battle leader. It did not go well. Only 1 squad of blood claws made the charge and the other squad and two HQs did not make it. All the blood claws got wiped out turn 1 and Ragnar followed shortly after.

My friend charged the wolfguard battle leader that has a storm shield and thunder hammer with his Trajan. We decided this fight should end in honorable combat since neither took any wounds on the first combat. My friend opted for destroying the drop pods cause they existed and the wolfguard and Trajan fought for 4 turns. Wolfguard won and then got stabbed by a bayonet from a basic IG infantry and died cause he only had one wound left.

The wulfen absolutely blasted through everything they touched but my friend got a squad of 3 terminators, a squad of 2 terminators, a terminator HQ, and a jetbike into close combat on the charge and proceeded to kill 4 of the 5 remaining wulfen. Luckily I remembered wulfen are dumb and get a 5+ feel no pain and if they die in close combat they get to fight back no matter what.

The retaliation form the wulfen was devastating but it was not enough to win. We played the objective where at the start of turn 3 the objective enters the battlefield and he was able to get all his IG in range of it to claim the objective by end of turn 5.

It was a good game. Lots of hellblaster dying because of the -1 to hit bubble one of his HQs had.

The LGS has two of the Space Wolves battleforce boxes and I was slightly tempted to get it because I could always use more wulfen and stormfangs but that would put me at 4 stormfangs which is too many and also more intercessors which I really don't need. Would be better off just buying another 10 wulfen.

Selling off some of my 40k stuff and swapping some stuff with a buddy I've come to own a space wolf army. I've only played one match with them, but Wulfen are super cool... they wreck face and work as a great distraction carnifex while they're on the move.

Also, using the strat to drop six aggressors on the hunt and onto the back edge of the board behind my opponents HQ's in their little castle, then pulling off the 9" charge for some power fist action, was a highlight reel moment. Just so much shooting and smashing while the rest of my army ran up the board to pile in.

I want to get a wolf lord on a thunderwolf, but man that model looks old and janky... Might need to do some converting.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/t2Atv6BWUjg

So this is basically a game 7 of the tourney that Lawrence went 6-0 with GK. They are seriously going through their list and its a way to see the brohammer list in action.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    The results were fairly predictable IMHO.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

Selling off some of my 40k stuff and swapping some stuff with a buddy I've come to own a space wolf army. I've only played one match with them, but Wulfen are super cool... they wreck face and work as a great distraction carnifex while they're on the move.

Also, using the strat to drop six aggressors on the hunt and onto the back edge of the board behind my opponents HQ's in their little castle, then pulling off the 9" charge for some power fist action, was a highlight reel moment. Just so much shooting and smashing while the rest of my army ran up the board to pile in.

I want to get a wolf lord on a thunderwolf, but man that model looks old and janky... Might need to do some converting.

I use cunning of the wolf a lot with my Wulfen. Only downside is having to be within 6 inches of a table edge. Tried to make a 10 inch charge yesterday and it failed so hard.

The current wulfen models are kind of meh. I do like them but when I bought my army originally I got 3 third party thunderwolves with the lot before there were even thunderwolf models and they look so much cooler than the current models.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options

I use cunning of the wolf a lot with my Wulfen. Only downside is having to be within 6 inches of a table edge. Tried to make a 10 inch charge yesterday and it failed so hard.

The current wulfen models are kind of meh. I do like them but when I bought my army originally I got 3 third party thunderwolves with the lot before there were even thunderwolf models and they look so much cooler than the current models.

The ones I got from a buddy are all converted with wulfen arms and bits attached to intercessor bodies/legs. They look pretty solid.

I'm going to grab a box of wulfen and do the same conversion with some reivers have sitting around NoS.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Hey guys, got a mildly insane question:

Will Tyranid Gargoyle Fleshborer arms fit on Termagant bodies? Even if it requires a bit of work or green stuff, are they close enough?

I have a small pile of Termagants I previously fit with Spinefists, but now (eighteen years later) I want to refit.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Built a Scorpious Disintegrator today. Took me two hours. God damn Ad Mech is so detailed. But really really cool. I love the WW2 Higgins Boat feel to the stuff.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Lore-wise I'm not super into the Ad Mech, but their army is really cool.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »
    Hey guys, got a mildly insane question:

Will Tyranid Gargoyle Fleshborer arms fit on Termagant bodies? Even if it requires a bit of work or green stuff, are they close enough?

I have a small pile of Termagants I previously fit with Spinefists, but now (eighteen years later) I want to refit.

They kind of fit you just need to do some cuts to get them to bend just right to fit

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Played some Necromunda today, was lucky enough to game on my friend's board. Seriously this set up is sick as hell.
    hygnrr69evzh.jpg

Vanity shot of my Escher, the Rapid 99s
    7sy39gowskcn.jpg
    krhfzmgwxcuh.jpg

Some battle shots
    b5vqdhbpkh4x.jpg
    w1t8nrzwn4ki.jpg
    jt24ssinovb0.jpg

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I wonder when those Bandai figures shipped.... I managed to an order in for one. I might have to repaint it as a Space wolf though...

I thought it was March this year? I also grabbed one.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »

I thought it was March this year? I also grabbed one.

Man I hope so! That's right around the corner.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Blood of the phoenix models get their separate release next week. Yay.

5 Banshees supposedly at 32.50£...whaaa?
    That's as much as a squad of wraith guard. 10 intercessors cost 35£. In hindsight that makes botp look like a "good" deal.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

What technical paint is Storm Shield? I didn't know about that one.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

What technical paint is Storm Shield? I didn't know about that one.

It's like a varnish or protective coating type of paint.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

That's as much as a squad of wraith guard. 10 intercessors cost 35£. In hindsight that makes botp look like a "good" deal.

They're seriously pushing their luck with these prices. The Sisters kits are expensive but at least you get a lot in them, these seem really barebones in comparison.

• Options
    It's further escalating the prices. Troops seem to be around 32,50 to 35£ for 3 full sprues recently (plague marines, battle sisters, thousand sons) and other stuff like elites at 30 to 35£ for 2 full sprues (CSM terminators, retributors). Which was already an hefty increase from the same price range for 3 sprue elite kits.

Banshees are now at the same price point for 3 half sprues.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular

I think it was always a good deal but loads of the other kits were old / hardly see use in armies. Most DE/craft world players had the stuff already.

The falcon is a 3rd edition kit while gw have been putting the hellions in all sorts of things to try shift them.

Maybe the line of thinking for this price is down to the Exarch which has loads of options to almost effectively be a character kit (the price is still silly).

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    The exarch has three alternative weapons. That's it. Not much different from most other sergeant equivalents. Then there are like 5 additional heads. Nothing more. Most other kits at least have some squad options or are dual builds.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Been having a ton of fun with this 125 point kill team

++ Kill Team List (T'au Empire) [125pts] ++

+ Configuration +

List Configuration: Matched Play: Kill Team

+ Leader +

XV25 Stealth Battlesuit Shas'vre [21pts]: *No Sept*, Burst cannon, Markerlight & Target lock
    . Leader

+ Specialists +

Pathfinder Gunner [12pts]: *No Sept*, Rail rifle
    . Comms

. Sniper

. Demolitions

+ Non-specialists +

MB3 Recon Drone [7pts]: *No Sept*

MV4 Shield Drone [7pts]: *No Sept*

XV25 Stealth Battlesuit Shas'ui [20pts]: *No Sept*, Burst cannon

XV25 Stealth Battlesuit Shas'ui [20pts]: *No Sept*, Burst cannon

++ Total: [125pts] ++

Its tau sept but Im lazy

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    I have been fully converted to the ways of Haemonculi Covens. It's so fucking weird to be able to play Dark Eldar and actually take hits.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    List loses hard to IG and Tyranids but it sure taught that Custodes playing asshole a lesson.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Lost loses hard to IG and Tyranids but it sure taught that Custodes playing asshole a lesson.

Lost & the Damned?

Edit: Nevermind I am dumb, didn't connect your last two posts as being from the same person, or I would have realized it was a typo of "list".

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    I have been fully converted to the ways of Haemonculi Covens. It's so fucking weird to be able to play Dark Eldar and actually take hits.

I was never fond of how the Dark Eldar was handcuffed to take the haemonculi junk. The Ynnari is really what I have always wanted in playing the various flavors of eldar under one banner. Part of me does want to collect a haemonculi army just I don't know how big or what to start with

• Options
    New space marine faq with big changes. Doctrines now automatically change throughout the turns.
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/?orderby=post_created&order=desc#warhammer-40000

• Options
    Good, get fucked Marines. Hopefully these changes will be enough to rein them in a bit.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Designer's commentary here.

Short list from Reddit:
    • Changed combat doctrines to progress each turn (so devestator doctrine is only available turn 1, turn 2 is tactical, turn 3 can either be tactical or assault, and turn 4 is assault until the end of the game.
    • Duty eternal reduces damage by 1 (to a minimum of 1), not half
    • Adaptive strategy is gone
    • Cogitated martyrdom no longer affects character VEHICLES
    • Master of ambush excludes centurions
    • Duty eternal also cannot stack with ironstone anymore

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I am having to reconsider my kind of break from competitive.

These changes basically hit marines in the nuts with a crowbar. And for the better of the game too.

I still think the codex is god damn amazing. And still you can do shit like slingshot cents 30" and snip characters with Ravenguard or gun down 50 guardsmen with IF. But it is way less broken than it was.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    The commentary on Master of Ambush is basically just, "We didn't think about Assault Centurions when we wrote this."

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I am having to reconsider my kind of break from competitive.

These changes basically hit marines in the nuts with a crowbar. And for the better of the game too.

I still think the codex is god damn amazing. And still you can do shit like slingshot cents 30" and snip characters with Ravenguard or gun down 50 guardsmen with IF. But it is way less broken than it was.

Yeah, it says a lot that they've just changed a core part of the army in a major way, explicitly nerfed several of the strongest lists, and there's still a pretty damn good chance that they're going to remain the strongest faction overall.

With that said; I'm glad they've made these changes.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    In other news, the rules preview for the black library special characters confirms that there'll be a PA book with sisters of silence and custodes that might even fold them both into a Talons of the Emperor faction.

honovere on
  • Options
    Reading the FAQs they seem like well reasoned changes and not punishment style nerf batting.

I expect marines will still be great but stuff like invincible IH dreads being gone is a great move

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6