As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hard as a [Phalla] Tournament - Finished

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    What is a Ki Blast?

The Ki Blast replaces a regular Strike action (Head Strike, Torso Strike, or Leg Strike).
    It must still be targeted the same way and it deals the same damage.

However, a Ki Blast that is properly blocked will not deal retaliatory damage to the user.

For example, assuming I attack my opponent's head. Unfortunately, they have chosen Head Block as their defensive action, and have a not insignificant AGL of 5:
    A Head Strike would deal no damage and I would take 10 damage in retaliation.
    A Head Ki Blast would deal no damage.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    The Ref has AGL 20
    can you strike the ref?, or perhaps go all out against them?

VayBJ4e.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    (I just assumed it meant his attack went first)

discrider on
    The Ref has AGL 20

If you want to make an enemy of someone who’s twice as strong and twice as fast as you could possibly be, go ahead. I wouldn’t recommend it myself but then again, I’m just the tournament organizer.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    The Ref has AGL 20

If you want to make an enemy of someone who’s twice as strong and twice as fast as you could possibly be, go ahead. I wouldn’t recommend it myself but then again, I’m just the tournament organizer.

Is the ref a valid target for "Just this once, let me go all out"

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Well if we all hit the ref together we can find out that the real winners are the friends we met along the way.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Burnage wrote: »
    The Ref has AGL 20

The ref is not considered a fighter in this tournament

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Someone should still attack him...for science.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Clearly my games are not an aberration and all games should end in everyone being dead.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

The Ref has AGL 20

Outrageous

edited February 2020
    The Ref has AGL 20

Outrageous

After winning the last ten Hard as a Rock Tournaments we have decided to... discourage his involvement.

Sir Fabulous on

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Asking - from outside the tournament, even - can Trickster be used to redirect someone's attack to the Ref?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Listen, I don't understand why people are so obsessed with The Ref. There's nothing odd about him.
    He's a sweet, kindly, cherub-faced old man with the ability to crush rocks with his bare hands and outspeed a bullet train and the proclivity to fly into an unshakeable rage when he hears about people undermining the sanctity of this competition.

He's wise to your Trickster shenanigans, he's shrugged off more than a few instant-kill techniques, and they say that on the day he first cries, the Earth itself will mirror his sorrow.

If you wouldn't try it on your grandma, don't try it on this fragile old man.

Can I pick the Ref as my fighter and then just adjudicate?

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    M.W. in the house!! Let's het this fight started!! Also, please stop trying to fight my ref friend, I would like to defeat you guys myself and not won just cause you all fought the OP!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    which stats do you end up with if you get no traits?

first set, last set, choose a fourth...?

Can I pick the Ref as my fighter and then just adjudicate?

If you're not the first to be knocked out of the tournament, I will be sorely disappointed.
    Lucedes wrote: »
    which stats do you end up with if you get no traits?

first set, last set, choose a fourth...?

As the tiniest bit of compensation, you can choose your stat spread during Day 1, after you're aware of what Traits aren't present in the Tournament. Maybe that's about as valuable as a real Trait? (It is not.)

If you don't specifically select a new stat spread, I'll default to 3/3/3

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Ok. Junbi dekita.

Iza! Jinjou ni shoubu!

F
    I
    G
    H
    T
    !

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    So you if you want to win you need to knock these suckers out
    Clearly Strength is the best stat
    But the person with the most agility will knock suckers out first
    Obviously Agility is the best stat
    But the person with the most health won't be phased by fast hits
    I guess endurance is the best stat

VayBJ4e.png
    So.. eating people's faces is the best stat, as it gets you free trait info.

So you if you want to win you need to knock these suckers out
    Clearly Strength is the best stat
    But the person with the most agility will knock suckers out first
    Obviously Agility is the best stat
    But the person with the most health won't be phased by fast hits
    I guess endurance is the best stat

The instruction Manuel for galaxy trucker.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Eating people's faces is the worst stat, discrider, because it involves eating people's faces

Eating people's faces is the worst stat, discrider, because it involves eating people's faces

Hmm.

What if they try to eat your face first?

edited February 2020
    I guess if I can't go teeth-only this fight, I'll try nose-only instead.

discrider on
    edited February 2020
    The game will truly begin in either 4 or 28 hours.

Game will only begin in 4 hours if all players have submitted their desired Traits and stats as described in the OP.

I am missing at least partial information from the following players:

@Bluecyan @Egos @jdarksun @shalmelo @Gizzy @premium @ObiFett @JusticeforPluto @Zombie Hero @38thDoe

Sir Fabulous on

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular

Hey! I am so sorry to do this, but I will no longer be able to be a part of this Phalla. I have a lot of stuff going on right now and have a convention coming up this weekend and thought I would have time, but I don't know if I can commit the time this really needs.

So sorry guys!! I need to drop out rather than be inactive!! Good luck y'all!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020

Mara agrees, best meat in rump!

Bluecyan on
    I'm fine with taking as much time as needed for folk to get set up, but understand if Sir Fab has a limited window to start/stop too

VayBJ4e.png
    edited February 2020
    Game will start in 4 hours.

Any missing Trait information will be interpreted as a request for no Trait.
    Any missing stat information will be assigned 3/3/3, unless the player submitted 3 Traits and was randomly bumped down to having no Trait. If this is the case, they will have until the end of Day 1 to submit their desired stats or they will be assigned 3/3/3.

Edit: I've been asked privately if PMs are allowed during day 0. They are.

Sir Fabulous on

edited February 2020
    Anyone who can bring a more than one buddy into the tournament deserves to win to be honest.
    Just so much bull... advice needed through PM

discrider on
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Discrider

(Honestly, I'm failing to adopt the persona I think)

Registration

"Nyaaaaaaaa~!

Welcome everyone! :heartbeat: It's that time again!!! The Hard As A Rock Tournament! Nyaaaaa, it's so exciting!!!!! I luuuuuurrrrrrrrrrv this time of year :exclamation:

I'm thrilled to bitty bites to be one of your colour(FUL) commentators this year. I'm Chiharu Tatakami :wink: :whistle: :exclamation: :exclamation:

I know so many many many MANY of my fans wanted me to compete ag~nyaaan~ this year after the mean ol' Ref knocked me out of last year's competition :evil: , but I just COULD NOT let Leggy bore everyone to death with his commen(:zzz:)tary. Isn't that right, Leggy??!"

"Chiha-"

"Right! :heartbeat: Now, let's get down to brass t~nyaaa~cks :biggrin: We've got a lot of super-cool fighters registered today! I wanna sink my fangs right into 'em :twisted:!!!!!!

And I'm really happy to say that none of them studied any boring fighting styles. This crop of competitors has no Analysts and no Ki Blasters to make the bouts less exciting by standing at a distance and waiting! :mad: No, they all get right into the action! Punches! :eek: Kicks! :tell_me_more: Even...... some biting?!?! :redface: They must have watched me last year! :cool:

I just want them to GET GOING AL-READ-Y.

If there's no action in about two seconds I'm gonna start a ru- OHHH!! LEGGY!!!! THEY'RE SELLING LITTLE FLAGS FOR EACH OF THE FIGHTERS IN THE LITTLE GIFT SHOP! I GOTTA GO SEE THIS!
    "

(outta my way!)

"Ah, she has... departed. I am... quite certain she will return...

So I don't have much time.

For introductions.

I am Mr. Longlegs, and you have my deepest appreciation... for once again coming to watch the Hard As... A... Rock Tournament. I will endeavor to keep, and I can say this without... a shadow of a doubt, all of you informed as to the... goings... on of this competition.

Much like Chiharu, I have studied... the fighters in this year's pool. I... have... found them quite intriguing. I must say, that were I a participant this year... the lack of Wrestlers and All Out Attackers would bode well for my more de...fensive persuasions...

Let's have a... word from the Referee of this tournament."

The screen above the battlefield crackles to life, showing the beatific grin of a wrinkled old man.

"No Tricksters made it into this year's group. We've got a nice, clean match set out for us. At least," a glint appears in his eye and his muscles tense, "we'd better."

"Thank you Referee. I imagine this tournament will proceed without a-"

(i said get outta my way!)

(dammit she bit me!)

"~Nyaaaaaaa :heartbeat: I'm back! I bought one of EVERY flag because I just couldn't choose one :confused:!

Look Leggy! I got you some popcorn for you, too" :heartbeat:

"There are... naught but kern-"

"WoooooooooaaaaaaaaAAAH! :eek: The fighters are coming out onto the field! The battle's about to start! Leggy! Cut to the ref!! I forgot the camera controls :cry::exclamation:"

Once again the screen centers on the wizened man in striped black and white. He simply raises his hand above his head, then chops it down.

"Begin!"

Tl;dr: None of the following Traits were selected for the Tournament, [Analyst, Ki Blast, Wrestler, "Just this once, let me go all out", or Trickster].

All other Traits have at least 1 representative.

Day 1 begins now, and all participants will shortly receive a PM with their assigned Trait.

So, traits in the game:

Alien
    Arrogant
    Berserker
    Bleeding Heart
    Cannibal
    Illusionist
    Lithe
    Poison Fist
    Shounen Protagonist
    Slow and Steady
    Star Punch
    Weighted Clothing

I'm thinking we should try to prioritise hunting down the illegals and Shounen Protagonist...

Burnage

Burnage!

ugh!~

That was a cheap shot last time and I was only knocked out for a little bit okay!

Now I'm back and I'm gonna beat your face so bad even kittens wont look at ya...

VayBJ4e.png
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    So about 8 traits have been doubled up? Anyone who didn't get their second choice probably has a good idea which traits have multiples.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    All PMs are out, and all Traits assigned. If you didn't receive a PM, yell at me.

Due to a host error, there was a failure to mention one last missing Trait.
    No fighter with the Trait [Star Punch] is participating.

Lucedes dropped a moon on our heads

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I think it's been actual years since I've been able to vote for Egos in a phallalike, but the muscle memory is still there.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets