As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

• Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Yeah I came here to post this as well. This is a pretty massive blow to PAX this year. Curious what they'll do with the new empty space considering how massive it is.

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    This is already the weakest year for PAX for me between panels, presence and concerts, and this is just another nail in the coffin for me. I get why they are doing it, but man this sucks.

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    Yeah I couldn't agree more. I found everything to be pretty lacking this year. Which I think is partially due to the timing of the con this year but yeesh. For a con that was already fairly bleak compared to past years this is a pretty heavy blow.

weZXr66.png
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    SeafeaSeafea Blacksburg, VARegistered User new member
    Dang. Does this mean no playable Last of Us 2 demo?

• Options
    MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    Seafea wrote: »

It sounds like Sony of America or Naughty Dog might be attempting something, but at this time no likely not.

I'm not too bothered, personally, as this wasn't on my radar of must dos. But I do agree it will be very interesting how they fill a 3 booth gap at the show entrance.

Unless Nintendo rents it for the Animal Crossing queue. :)

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    MephistoN7 wrote: »
    Seafea wrote: »

It sounds like Sony of America or Naughty Dog might be attempting something, but at this time no likely not.

I'm not too bothered, personally, as this wasn't on my radar of must dos. But I do agree it will be very interesting how they fill a 3 booth gap at the show entrance.

Unless Nintendo rents it for the Animal Crossing queue. :)

Give it to indies

• Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Wonder what they were planning on bringing this year. Need to know how disappointed I should be.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    Wonder what they were planning on bringing this year. Need to know how disappointed I should be.

From OP link
    "Want to play The Last of Us Part II? You can! Just stop by booth #10047 to be among the first to go hands-on with Naughty Dog’s masterpiece in the making. You can also experience MediaMolecule’s Dreams at booth #18003, then you can find us at booths #14047 and #12047 to experience other upcoming must-play titles like Marvel’s Iron Man VR, Nioh 2, Doom Eternal, Spelunky 2, and more."

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    silentFIGUREsilentFIGURE PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Sepioth wrote: »

From OP link
    "Want to play The Last of Us Part II? You can! Just stop by booth #10047 to be among the first to go hands-on with Naughty Dog’s masterpiece in the making. You can also experience MediaMolecule’s Dreams at booth #18003, then you can find us at booths #14047 and #12047 to experience other upcoming must-play titles like Marvel’s Iron Man VR, Nioh 2, Doom Eternal, Spelunky 2, and more."

No Last of Us 2... Sony cut me deep :(

fqvs4fpku5cl.png
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular

From OP link

The lack of Ghost of Tsushima there makes me feel a little better about this.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    PAX has released a new Expo map with the Sony space removed and the nearby vendors just shuffled around a bit. Opening up the area a bit.

I would have moved some of the vendors from the left of Indie Megabooth like Pax Rising and Tinybuild over to area where Sony was and opened up a bit on the Indie Megabooth area.

Old Map
    gjfipa28dw17.jpg

New Map
    kpibaccedgcd.png

Sepioth on
    4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    Am I blind or did THQ Nordic pull out of the convention as well? Can't find them on the new map. Don't think they have much coming out soon for me personally but still kinda bizarre.

weZXr66.png
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    miker525 wrote: »
    Am I blind or did THQ Nordic pull out of the convention as well? Can't find them on the new map. Don't think they have much coming out soon for me personally but still kinda bizarre.

Easy to lose them since they moved, but they're now at the foot of the escalator. Just across the way from Nintendo.

• Options
    revengeancefulrevengeanceful Registered User regular
    I'm honestly pretty happy with the new map layout. Should make it feel quite a bit less congested, especially on Saturday when the floor is typically jammed with people.

• Options
  • Options
    silentFIGUREsilentFIGURE PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

very interesting, I hope Sony will at least respond to him, I’d like to know what they have to say about his letter. I’m sure they’ll stick with their decision, especially if they feel it’s best for their team, but the mayor does have some valid points.

fqvs4fpku5cl.png
  • Options
    DeathJest3rDeathJest3r Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    very interesting, I hope Sony will at least respond to him, I’d like to know what they have to say about his letter. I’m sure they’ll stick with their decision, especially if they feel it’s best for their team, but the mayor does have some valid points.

Unfortunately by making a point of how safe it is to visit Boston and that everything domestically is under control he completely misses the point that they are still in outbreak status in Japan and even this morning a bunch of new cases popped up in Italy. I doubt Sony and the other Japanese devs are scared of catching COVID in Boston, they are terrified of bringing it over from Japan and infecting the rest of their global employees.

DeathJest3r on
  • Options
    XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    Unfortunately by making a point of how safe it is to visit Boston and that everything domestically is under control he completely misses the point that they are still in outbreak status in Japan and even this morning a bunch of new cases popped up in Italy. I doubt Sony and the other Japanese devs are scared of catching COVID in Boston, they are terrified of bringing it over from Japan and infecting the rest of their global employees.

This is almost certainly the case, and certainly appears to be why Square Enix is no longer sending any FFXIV developers. I wish Sony would say as much because I have to imagine that is the more accurate version of the story, not to mention one more understandable then what their actual press release stated.

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • Options
    SatoruSatoru Registered User regular
    Oddly SE still has their booth

They moved Deep Silver to the front of the escalators where I finally got to see Wasteland3

• Options
    Yeah SE is there they did not completely cancel. They just did not send out there Japan Dev team

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Give it to indies

They have the other 85% of the Expo Hall, don't worry.

erdub14zr3u2.png

This discussion has been closed.