As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Haha, of course the Underworlds band I've been waiting for since the game first started up is the last one of this wave to be released! Hopefully the DoK come as a double release week with these Brutes at least.
    Khraul wrote: »
    Someone on reddit messaged me last week to offer to sell me their FEC collection that was almost entirely NOS or NIB as they were getting out of AOS and into 40k. It was a bit spendy, but I ended up with basically two more SC FEC boxes plus another 20 ghouls, six flayers, three horrors, a ghast, the endless spells and charnel throne all for about 50% of retail.... so I all of a sudden have like, 3k worth of FEC on hand. :lol:

So I think my FEC army is basically collected. I think this is the first time I've looked an an army and found myself not wanting more models for it...

My problem now is trying to figure out what to build everything as... Maybe magnetize the terrorgeist/zombie dragons so the ghoul kings can be included as riders or not?

That's a great deal! I think most lists are using at least one GK on mount, if not two, but magnetising some of them certainly couldn't hurt (and it will help for transport too, given how spiny those models are...)
    The main choice would be in how you want to put together the horror kits I guess, and I'm not really sure which option is best these days, I think massed flayers (if they're the ones with the screech attack) is still pretty potent.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I've read massed flayers in a deadwatch battalion / blisterskin army are very good.

If I don't build any of the NOS horror kits as courtiers I'd have nine flayers and nine horrors. I might just grab one more box and build the whole thing as courtiers, that'd leave me with two courtiers of each flavor plus nine horrors/flayers for some bigger squads.

Can the courtier ability to return dead models to the unit on a 4+ bump them past their initial starting size? EG: two 4+ rolls bringing a squad of six horrors, that lost a horror and went down to five models, back up to seven horrors? Or do the returning models cap at the units initial size?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Can the courtier ability to return dead models to the unit on a 4+ bump them past their initial starting size? EG: two 4+ rolls bringing a squad of six horrors, that lost a horror and went down to five models, back up to seven horrors? Or do the returning models cap at the units initial size?

The wording of the ability allows you to 'return slain models' to the unit, so you cannot exceed the starting size of the unit, you're just restoring the dead models in this instance.
    Some abilities will let you add new models beyond the units starting size (notably the icon bearers of most basic daemon units just say 'add D6 models') but it is dependent on the specific wording.

Ok, cool

Trying real hard not to cheat at this new game :lol:

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Has anyone purchased stuff from battle bits in the UK before? They apparently have a Skaven acolyte kit that comes with the parts to make 5 acolytes for $16.32 so I was thinking of buying enough to make 15. Just not sure about them. The pieces are also metal. Also have kits to make jezzails.

I can purchase through paypal so if it is a scam I should be good but there are people posting pics of the parts they got and the models they converted.

Essentially I can pay about $215 (including the conversion kits, GW models to convert with, and S&H) to make $410 worth of stuff.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Why this warband of orks and not the previous set? I am curious the difference between them since this set looks less armored. The DoK one though i am far more curious about

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    The previous Orks were tough, but two out four were surprisingly pillow fisted. I imagine all three of these hit like a truck.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    The previous Ironjawz were Ardboys, these lads are Brutes

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I managed to get my starter box Iron Golems up to 1000 pts with some creative rebuilding. I built the prefector instead of the signifer, built a bola legionnaire instead of a twin hammer legionnaire, turned one of the shield legionnaires into a signifer, and turned the other shield legionnaire into a bola legionnaire.

Warband: Dominar, Breacher, Drillmaster, Armator, Prefector, Signifer, 2x bola legionnaires.

Everything is WYSIWYG except the signifer, who carries a shield instead of a hammer (which I in retrospect could have built out of a spare untamed beasts left arm, but it would have been a bit too big and I didn't think of it at the time).

Pretty happy about it!

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I built the Fomoroid Crusher last night, and it's an awesome model. It's much beefier than I thought. I don't have pictures because I am at work, but it totally dwarfs the Ogroid Myrmadon.

I am very, very tempted to get a second one since they included a couple of different options for the head and hands.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    It brings to mind the following quote from all the way back in March 2017:
    Now I want Fimir to come back, without all the rape of course. I dunno there's just something about them I really like. I think part of it is the Lovecraftian, part-human part-otherworldly monster race of ancient long lived beings squatting in the ruins of their own fallen civilization, cast aside by their gods and possessing ancient and terrible knowledge, cavorting in graveyards and misty bogs and making contact with humans and even more unwholesome creatures for their own purposes.

In some ways (kidnapping/rape aside) some variations of their fluff is more gray-area than a lot of Chaos peripheral races, with at least neutral relations with a number of peoples outside their own like the men of Albion and the Dwarfs of the Nordlands. I dunno, there's just a lot of interesting potential for them and honestly it wouldn't be too much of a drastic retcon to just change their reproductive process to make it less offensive and terrible, and the rest of their caste system stuff and everything is fine.

I still think this would be a cool faction to bring back, especially with the Fomoroid models as a jumping off point for monster backup.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    It brings to mind the following quote from all the way back in March 2017:
    Now I want Fimir to come back, without all the rape of course. I dunno there's just something about them I really like. I think part of it is the Lovecraftian, part-human part-otherworldly monster race of ancient long lived beings squatting in the ruins of their own fallen civilization, cast aside by their gods and possessing ancient and terrible knowledge, cavorting in graveyards and misty bogs and making contact with humans and even more unwholesome creatures for their own purposes.

In some ways (kidnapping/rape aside) some variations of their fluff is more gray-area than a lot of Chaos peripheral races, with at least neutral relations with a number of peoples outside their own like the men of Albion and the Dwarfs of the Nordlands. I dunno, there's just a lot of interesting potential for them and honestly it wouldn't be too much of a drastic retcon to just change their reproductive process to make it less offensive and terrible, and the rest of their caste system stuff and everything is fine.

I still think this would be a cool faction to bring back, especially with the Fomoroid models as a jumping off point for monster backup.

So would they end up as part of S2D? All the warcry monsters have ended up there and their deep lore establishes them firmly in camp chaos.

Or do you want them as a separate army? What alliance?

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Fimir by rights should be Destruction; they don’t have a functional civilisation so not Order, they’re technically alive (and wouldn’t submit to Nagash anyway) so not Death, and they were literally kicked out by the chaos gods for being too uppity.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Forgeworld made a couple models a few years ago (now gone), so they technically have AoS rules. Not as an army, and they can't really be taken as allies either... but, there they are.
    https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/aos_warscrolls/Downloads-AoS/aos-warscroll-fimir-warriors.pdf

website_header.jpg
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    FW Fimir were/are Destruction, yeah.
    Would love a proper GW plastic Fimir army, totally agree.
    Give us some plastic Chaos Dwarfs too!

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    Buying the jezzail kit from this battle bits website makes me a little bummed out. I got that AdMech sniper rifle to make resin copies of for nothing at that point. At least for now.

It would be so much easier to use these other ones though. Sooooooo much easier.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

Dayspring wrote: »
    Give us some plastic Chaos Dwarfs too!
    Yeah… just not oldschool Hashut-worshipping dwarfs-but-with-spikes. Expand the Iron Golems lore instead.

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    I always though the Babylonian/Mesopotamian vibe they had way way back was really interesting. Big squared beards and tall hats and statues come to life sort of stuff. The more recent models are cool, but are really just evil spikey dwarfs.
    I played in a doubles tournament last weekend and there were two Azgorh armies. They got some gnarly rules, like magma cannons just spitting out 3-6 mortal wounds when they shoot.

website_header.jpg
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I want more updated plastic cannons that eat their operators.

u7stthr17eud.png
    McGibs wrote: »
    I always though the Babylonian/Mesopotamian vibe they had way way back was really interesting. Big squared beards and tall hats and statues come to life sort of stuff. The more recent models are cool, but are really just evil spikey dwarfs.
    I played in a doubles tournament last weekend and there were two Azgorh armies. They got some gnarly rules, like magma cannons just spitting out 3-6 mortal wounds when they shoot.

The Azgorh guys are actually pretty neat; they’re a legion of slave-debtors bound to service until they have worked off what they owe but despite being armed and armoured with military gear they don’t rebel (much) because they’re still dwarves and their personal pride is worth more to them than that. They’re sort of inverted Slayers, if you squint a bit.

Finished my 80 plague monks. Now for my 100 clanrats.

Figure I'll build them like I did my plague monks, half spears and half blades.

edited February 2020
    Stragint wrote: »

I just finished painting 20 more clan rats. How the hell did you do 80 monks?

TheGerbil on
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »

I just finished painting 20 more clan rats. How the hell did you do 80 monks?

I forgot to mention just building not painting. My bad.

Though I feel like the plague monks will be really easy to paint. Mostly robes. I feel like contrast is gonna be real important here, just trying to figure out what color to do. I don't want to do them green. I also think I'm gonna do all the metal parts on my Skaven in colorshift to add some interesting colors.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I painted at least 60% of the way 12 Tyranid Warriors a carnifex but I dread painting my 100+ termagants and 40 Guants because it's priming is the first large hurtle I have to cross then storage is the next largest

edited February 2020
    I dunno if I spent too long on the rats or what (I need to make a light box, I have the stuff I just need to do it.)

Z7FJg35h.jpg
    7MDFfr4h.jpg

TheGerbil on
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    The basing looks great too!

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited February 2020
    Here's an album of some more pictures and the above.

Hard to not get them seemed washed out.

TheGerbil on
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Decided to remove the shield arm from my kitbash signifer and give her a hammer (turning her wysiwyg). Here are the two customs:

bfj4d7feokka.jpg
    This legionnary should have had a shield, but I repurposed a leftover arm from the signifer/prefector and the bolas he's supposed to have in his belt. So now he's a legionnary with bolas.

1hk0ful23h37.jpg
    This signifer should have been a legionnare with shield and hammer. The old hammer arm is holding the icon (the hand is comically oversized, so it'll be painted as a glove). The new hammer arm is a replacement for the shield arm, with the hammer from the signifer and a left-over arm from the untamed beasts.

The others were built as stock.

I finally finished building (but not painting) two custom ogor heroes. I mentioned earlier a desire to make candy-themed ogors, so here's my counts-as butcher, the Candyman.

ry1ge7f30x1o.jpg8l62an4m2xld.jpg
    He has a chef's hat on his head, the staff will be painted as a giant candy cane, his backpack front pocket and apron pocket holds more candy canes (there will be some on his base, too). The giant club thing is a chupa chup-style lollipop, and an old-fashioned one (as well as a bar of chokolate and yet another candy cane) is in his backpack.

I also made a two-headed chaos ogre ogor as a counts-as firebelly. Their right half is female and it's left half is male, like slaanesh daemons.
    n44nktoksi1t.jpg
    I call them Mogor the Ogor.

Decided on my plague monk robe colors.

Also, I'm seeing lists running 30 acolytes and that seems crazy to me I haven't even played a match yet so I don't know. Either way my acolyte conversion kit is on the way and I'm gonna buy some stormvermin to make the 15 acolytes.

skbi5p05v5y8.jpeg
    xt1rqhaeuv3h.jpeg

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Stragint is that contrast? What colors? I might give that a try for some of my Nighthaunt robes or even my T Sons armor if I like it enough.

edited February 2020
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Stragint is that contrast? What colors? I might give that a try for some of my Nighthaunt robes or even my T Sons armor if I like it enough.

Yea, the base is contrast. I did terradon turquoise contrast paint and then dry brushed sotek green and temple guard blue in that order.

I also did a zenithal highlight with chaos black and then wraithbone. For the contrast I mixed 1 to 1 of contrast medium as well.

Stragint on

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    qxm6eh4ma6w7.jpeg

Behold! More skellingtons progress

I swear the ratling gunner is straight out of 1995.

Finished my test model for my plague monks. I'm pretty happy with it so I'm gonna move forward with this look. 79 to go.
    xhtKaUl.jpg
    k6Wptkm.jpg
    RrWDtCl.jpg
    NNqRPjJ.jpg

Looks like DOK, Seraphon and Gitz are all getting new SC boxes.

It's good that I'm selling and trading away all my 40k stuff so I can start collecting AoS :lol:

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    edited March 2020
    I keep feeling like I should do that but I'm very attached.
    Don't think I could sell any army I have.

Now to be fair I have 1 40k army and 2 with a 3rd I'm dabbling into in AoS.

TheGerbil on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am selling my Tzeentch piece by piece but my Chaos 40k keeps growing. My AoS Slaves are growing slowly. I haven't decided to sell my Deathwatch but I like playing them when I do.

I have basically 3 40k armies and 1 AoS and will probably stick with that.

u7stthr17eud.png
    I'd gotten to where I'd collected a bunch of small armies with no real focus on any of them and was getting frustrated with my lack of focus. I'm selling off everything 40k except my Orks, Space wolves and chaos (which is kinda like four armies in one with DG/Chaos/Daemons/Spooky knights).

This is giving me some room to collect some AOS stuff, which seems a lot easier as some of the armies can run a pretty low model count. I'd like to get a Troggherd army running this year, which is easy as it'll consist of maybe 11 or 12 models tops. I'm also not super concerned about being competitive with AoS as there's really zero competitive AOS scene around here.

I also want to collect some AoS stuff just for the painting and hobby side of things... I have no real intention of playing sylvaneth for instance, but I will probably buy a Drycha Hamadreth just so I can paint it for my shelf.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
This discussion has been closed.