As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2020 Forum Badges

• kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    ilta wrote: »
    this is so, so great. one last note: it's "observant" (unless it's different in britain?).

Ah there it is. No spell check in Photoshop! Thanks :)

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• iltailta Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Ah there it is. No spell check in Photoshop! Thanks :)

There actually is! It's in the "edit" menu. :) (Though maybe not in yours; I'm not sure what version they added it.)

• harleyquinn228harleyquinn228 Registered User regular
    Looks awesome!

• TeamIlluminatiTeamIlluminati Registered User regular
    Looks great! Maybe a slightly easier to read font?

• eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    I only just remembered to get in the forum for east. Too much going on and good lawd is it early this year.

That badge looks amazing kropotkin! Looking forward to grabbing one

0j92muX.png
    Looks great! Maybe a slightly easier to read font?

The font is a traditional Penny Arcade comic one. At full size it is easy to read

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• jasonakaramjasonakaram NHRegistered User regular
    Love it :)

Thank you for the feedback everyone, it warms the cockles of this very old heart of mine :)

Now for some admin! As many of you know, those that participate in this thread earn the right to have their name emblazoned on the back as contributors of its design. There is a cut off date for this so that I have enough time to get the design off to the printers. So this time around the cut off date for posting on this thread and thus getting your name on the back of the badge is *drum roll* THURSDAY 20TH FEBRUARY AT 9PM GMT

So if you post on this thread before that date and time you will get your name on the forum badge.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• RyosukeRyosuke Registered User regular
    That looks better and size is easier to see even though it takes up less space... hard to explain.

• GoreySailorGoreySailor Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Thanks so much for doing this again! See you all at PAX!

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    can't believe I almost missed this. Haven't been around much, but it looks great @kropotkin . Very excited as always!

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    Your work is always appreciated, and I cannot wait.

erdub14zr3u2.png

A bit of a plug for yours truly here as we hurtle towards February 2020 and with it PAX East 2020. On Sunday March 1st at 12:00 EST I shall be hosting my very own panel! Yes that's right, after attending PAX since 2008 I have finally mustered up enough courage to host a talk at PAX East. The topic is pen and paper RPGs that are not Dungeons and Dragons. If you can make it, please do!

https://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/were-not-in-the-sword-coast-any-more

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

I usually try to make many of the panels chosen through the app but always end up being short with time and just make a few. I will look forward to this and try to make it. You have done a lot for us collectors and bring in all these ideas to shape it to something amazing year after year. Thank you again.

• SatoruSatoru Registered User regular
    Making badges and hosting a panel? By Pax 2025 you'll be running the show 8-)

• DrippySlimeStarDrippySlimeStar Registered User regular
    Love this. It seems like this is something you have to get before their gone, though. I'm new to the forums but not really PAX East. How would I go about getting one?

• harleyquinn228harleyquinn228 Registered User regular
    Love this. It seems like this is something you have to get before their gone, though. I'm new to the forums but not really PAX East. How would I go about getting one?

Last year they had a table set up at the pre-Pax board game night in the Westin. I assume it will be something similar once that's all officially set up. Last year was my first year getting the forum badge and I thought it was so awesome! My friends who aren't active here were def jealous.

• silentFIGUREsilentFIGURE PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    This sounds awesome! I'm relatively new to PAX (my second one) but this is something I'd like to do while i'm there! Downside, I wont be around on Thursday, any chance there will still be some badges around on Friday?

fqvs4fpku5cl.png
  • std73std73 Extra Life Guild President Weymouth, MARegistered User regular
    Great Design. Thanks for putting these together.

PAX-signature-20.png
    This sounds awesome! I'm relatively new to PAX (my second one) but this is something I'd like to do while i'm there! Downside, I wont be around on Thursday, any chance there will still be some badges around on Friday?

PAX Badges are dropped off at BYOC registration desk from midday on Thursday and the remainder are collected on Sunday. They rarely run out, but you do have an answer a question to get one...

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

PAX Badges are dropped off at BYOC registration desk from midday on Thursday and the remainder are collected on Sunday. They rarely run out, but you do have an answer a question to get one...

oh no, i’m screwed haha

fqvs4fpku5cl.png
    edited February 2020
    Behold, the questions to collect a forum badge from BYOC:

When you collect a Forum Badge from the BYOC desk during PAX East 2020 you must answer ONE of the following questions:
    1) Name ONE unofficial PAX East community event/activity:

* Pre-PAX Dinner
    * Cookie Brigade
    * Pre-PAX/Post PAX Board Game meetup

2) Who made the Forum Badges?

Kropotkin [Pr: KRO-POT-KIN]

3) How much is the Penny Arcade forum badge?

It's free

4) Name/Handle of a PAX Forum Moderator?

zerzhul

5) What is the theme for the PAX East 2020 forum badge?

Bingo card

6) There is a list on the back of the forum badge, what does it contain?

The names of forum members who have contributed to the forum badge design.

7) What is written above the PAX Community crest?

Welcome Home

8) There is a group of PAX attendees that give out crunchy and sweet foodstuffs and takes voluntary donations for the Childsplay charity during PAX. What is this group called?

The Cookie Brigade

9) Where do you collect the forum badge during PAX East?

The BYOC registration desk (this is a meta question as they should be standing at the desk as this question is asked)

10) Name the five colours in the shield of the PAX community crest.

Red, Blue, Orange, Yellow, and Purple.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

excellent! thanks @kropotkin!

fqvs4fpku5cl.png
  • GravemoreGravemore Registered User new member
    this looks awesome, more enjoyment to my first PAXEast

• Bryce PerryBryce Perry Registered User regular
    I can’t wait to get mine this year they looo awesome

• JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    Definitely will be dropping in to get one this year! Looks fantastic.

• DrippySlimeStarDrippySlimeStar Registered User regular

Nice! Gonna try to remember to grab one on Friday.

• iltailta Registered User regular
    Traditionally they have also been available at the Pre-PAX Game night, but I'll leave that to Kropotkin to confirm as it depends on his own timing.

ilta wrote: »
    Traditionally they have also been available at the Pre-PAX Game night, but I'll leave that to Kropotkin to confirm as it depends on his own timing.

True, on the provision Pre-PAX Game Night will be happening! I sincerely hope it does :)

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• JOHNNYMAZEJOHNNYMAZE Registered User new member
    It would truly warm the cockles of this old heart of mine to see my name on the back of this very cool badge :P :P :P You're a great contributor here. Congrats on your panel!

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Thanks Kropotkin. I wish I could attend your panel this year but I only have time for Friday. Good luck with everything!

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
    The Pre-Pax game night might be passed down to someone else this year. Hopefully whoever takes over can continue the tradition. If so, I’ll be there.

Due to the scaled down nature of the pre-PAX gaming night there will be no forum badges available there as the check-in table is not present. You will have to collect the badges from BYOC registration during PAX East itself.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

edited February 2020
    Here they are! All printed and ready to go:

3w6fc36i1qaq.jpeg

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    I always get giddy when I see my name.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    Here they are! All printed and ready to go

It brings such a smile to my face. Fantastic as always :biggrin:

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    Awesome!!

0j92muX.png
  • letsmaybelp92letsmaybelp92 Registered User regular
    Awesome looking!

• SatoruSatoru Registered User regular
    Got mine and I had to cheat to get it 😅

Thanks for the feedback on the badge. I shall be collecting the remainder of them at or around 4pm EST on Sunday so be sure to collect them before then.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png