As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I hope you don't mind the old [SE++ WoW] thread

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JcNHfbr6KxtGMgyn/#view=rankings&boss=-2&difficulty=0&wipes=2 I did the logs last night but I'm sick so I was tired after doing the vision

Also I'm confident that my parses would all be higher if we had battle shout

hardest i've ever been subtweeted

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Yeah we were missing battle shout all night and int for a few fights. Can’t judge parses too harshly if that’s the case.

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    The new fistweaver build seems hilarious and now im sad all our resident mistweavers arent here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q936bnFvg3c

Short version: There's a talent that makes one of your abilities extend the duration of your HoTs by 4 seconds every time you use it. If you stack enough haste, you can use it more than once every 4 seconds. Do it for long enough and everyone in your raid has your HoTs permanently while you just kick the boss to death.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    You have most of it right. There's an ability, Rising Sun Kick, that when talented, extends the duration of your HOTs by 4 seconds, yes. And there is an ability that makes Blackout Kick's extra hits have a chance at resetting the cooldown of RSK. Even with the 3 TP cycle, that turns BoK into 4 hits, but each extra hit has a 20% chance to reset RSK. So there's a decent amount of RNG in there. Haste definitely helps you get the TPs in there to get the extra BoK hits, but it's as much to do with luck as it is to skill. This was likely possible in BDA, but essences make it much easier.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    You have most of it right. There's an ability, Rising Sun Kick, that when talented, extends the duration of your HOTs by 4 seconds, yes. And there is an ability that makes Blackout Kick's extra hits have a chance at resetting the cooldown of RSK. Even with the 3 TP cycle, that turns BoK into 4 hits, but each extra hit has a 20% chance to reset RSK. So there's a decent amount of RNG in there. Haste definitely helps you get the TPs in there to get the extra BoK hits, but it's as much to do with luck as it is to skill. This was likely possible in BDA, but essences make it much easier.

No, it wasnt. Because it was the 8.3 buff to the ability that doubled the duration extension. Coupled with corruptions that let you stack significantly more haste.

"These are the changes the talent received in 8.3:
    Spell power: 15% → 20%
    Extension: 2 seconds → 4 seconds
    "

"At 0.4 Haste, Rising Sun Kick will have a cooldown of 12/(1+0.4) = 8.57 seconds. Referencing our picture, we can see that thanks to our kicks we were able to reduce this down to 1/(0.183) = 5.46 seconds.

As the extension of HoTs Rising Mist provides is 4 seconds, the magic number we are attempting to get closer to is 0.25 Rising Sun Kicks per second, as that would allow us to extend our HoTs by 4 every 4 seconds. The closer we get to that point, the more Renewing Mists we can have out at the same time.
    "

It has literally nothing to do with essences, and significantly more to do with stacking haste.

"What happens when you stack such a ridiculous amount of Haste you can use Rising Sun Kick more than once every four seconds, on average?

You go infinite."

I gave people the short version because they probably aren't nerds who know or care about the mistweaver rotation.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    it's all meaningless because haste Does Not Exist

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Oh you want Haste? You mean Verse Mastery?

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    smash bros voice HASTE verse.....MASTERY

ty

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I mean Haste says it's vers, but it's basically a bottom.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

No, it wasnt. Because it was the 8.3 buff to the ability that doubled the duration extension. Coupled with corruptions that let you stack significantly more haste.

"These are the changes the talent received in 8.3:
    Spell power: 15% → 20%
    Extension: 2 seconds → 4 seconds
    "

"At 0.4 Haste, Rising Sun Kick will have a cooldown of 12/(1+0.4) = 8.57 seconds. Referencing our picture, we can see that thanks to our kicks we were able to reduce this down to 1/(0.183) = 5.46 seconds.

As the extension of HoTs Rising Mist provides is 4 seconds, the magic number we are attempting to get closer to is 0.25 Rising Sun Kicks per second, as that would allow us to extend our HoTs by 4 every 4 seconds. The closer we get to that point, the more Renewing Mists we can have out at the same time.
    "

It has literally nothing to do with essences, and significantly more to do with stacking haste.

"What happens when you stack such a ridiculous amount of Haste you can use Rising Sun Kick more than once every four seconds, on average?

You go infinite."

I gave people the short version because they probably aren't nerds who know or care about the mistweaver rotation.

Nerd here. I found and read the whole thing. Now I want to play a mist weaver.

• Options
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    if I were a warlock, I would simply incinerate the souls of all my enemies

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Im probably going to be late or potentially not there tonight because real life is getting in the way.

Do me a favor and kill ilgynoth if I don't make it. He's the first boss in the whole raid that has loot I actually want, and it'd be great if he was easy and people knew how to do the fight before I got there. Like how I came in after you all learned normal EP and then I got carried through heroic. :)

• Options
    Well good news is whoever gets to tank is learning to progress it anyway.

I’m totally down to pick up tanking if needed.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I will also probably not be at raid tonight due to real life getting in the way. I might just be late but with the way things are looking..I'll probably be missing tonight. Sorry dudes.

• Options
    k i did a random pug freehold 13 trying to get the belt i want and this rogue's blade flurry did 22 million damage so angry you're playing outlaw now

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    jesus i was able to solo a 5 mask full run, but god DAMN my heart is racing. i had 50 sanity left as i killed thrall. the fucking pig adds have 320k health and deal 50 sanity per cast, i had 400 some odd sanity with no orb up going into thrall, got a VERY lucky gift of the titans proc that let me eat two shots with no sanity drain, and i had stupidly used my beam before and as soon as i pressed it realized i was in for some god damn pig trouble. after the pigs die thrall is actually super fucking easy solo

i have to give credit to yuja, without that hot tip about being able to skip directly to rexxar, i would not have made it. the fucking void torrent guy with hot feet is horrible, i lost like 400 sanity to him. plus one time i was eating a k'bab and with 2 seconds before it gave me sanity, a stupid dipshit <50% sanity fuckwipe spawned and stopped me eating

oh and the self rez is insane in a solo mask run. you only have 575 max sanity, but the self rez gives 500 sanity, so very very good. i got absolutely fuckblasted by rexxar

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    For those cranking up their masks, I strongly advise you grab this weakaura: https://wago.io/23q54wiYR

It tracks the internal cooldown of Gift of the Titans, which is 1 minute. This way you can plan out when it procs, so you can pull douchebag sanity drain bosses with the ICD completed, or grab some trash/eat a k'bab/pop an orb while you wait.

Coconut Monkey on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    What’s the trick to skipping to Rexxar?

mkc.png
  • Options
    Lord Dave wrote: »

After killing misha, you can go left through the out of bounds damage area and jump up to outside rexxars hut. Probably doesn’t work for all classes though, I had to use dispersion and still only made it there with like 30% life left

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Zay wrote: »
    jesus i was able to solo a 5 mask full run, but god DAMN my heart is racing. i had 50 sanity left as i killed thrall. the fucking pig adds have 320k health and deal 50 sanity per cast, i had 400 some odd sanity with no orb up going into thrall, got a VERY lucky gift of the titans proc that let me eat two shots with no sanity drain, and i had stupidly used my beam before and as soon as i pressed it realized i was in for some god damn pig trouble. after the pigs die thrall is actually super fucking easy solo

i have to give credit to yuja, without that hot tip about being able to skip directly to rexxar, i would not have made it. the fucking void torrent guy with hot feet is horrible, i lost like 400 sanity to him. plus one time i was eating a k'bab and with 2 seconds before it gave me sanity, a stupid dipshit <50% sanity fuckwipe spawned and stopped me eating

oh and the self rez is insane in a solo mask run. you only have 575 max sanity, but the self rez gives 500 sanity, so very very good. i got absolutely fuckblasted by rexxar

One thing I tried in our last run with mr void torrent was to juke back and forth rather than circle around. Accept that hot feet will trigger, and then immediately turn to face him and basically just go from side to side, you can slip through the gaps in his torrents like that. It's unwieldy as fuck, but trying to avoid by running in a circle with hot feet seemed impossible to me.

• Options
    edited February 2020

After killing misha, you can go left through the out of bounds damage area and jump up to outside rexxars hut. Probably doesn’t work for all classes though, I had to use dispersion and still only made it there with like 30% life left

You definitely want to pop a defensive either before going up or during if it's an unmountable effect and/or heal. I use GoAK before riding in.

Paladin-wise I've just been straight cheesing all the shitty bosses in my solo runs. Make sure gift is proccable, blow all dps cooldowns, cyclotronic blast, and spellwarding or bubble to ignore all remaining mechanics.

Coconut Monkey on
  • Options
    Zay inspired me. Good job Zay.

v3eje2s7wxsn.png

• Options
    Were you prot or ret? I feel like it’d be significantly easier as prot. Nearly all the parts that made the run difficult would be so much easier as prot. Shadow has a really shitty kit for the kinds of things the vision asks you to be able to do

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Prot. I ended up sitting in front of Thrall for a minute or so waiting for cooldowns to burn pigs and used my last orb when they were up.

Coconut Monkey on
  • Options
    Yes. Looking at what was hard, it seems like it’d be insanely easier for a prot Paladin. I think they probably have the easiest time of any spec

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular

Ah bummer

mkc.png
  • Options
    Yes. Looking at what was hard, it seems like it’d be insanely easier for a prot Paladin. I think they probably have the easiest time of any spec

The fact that divine shield blocks the sanity drain, the sanity attacks, and actually outright immunizes you from the madnesses from it's duration, it's just so powerful. As long as you have the damage to kill the tricky monsters before they get out of control you're golden. And prot has respectable damage + less hp on the mobs. The only boss that's tough is rexxar and that's because you'll probably want to shield for the void torrent guy if you can't avoid them or kill him fast enough.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Sorry I wasn't there last night, in-laws are in town. Did we kill any bosses?

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Sorry I wasn't there last night, in-laws are in town. Did we kill any bosses?

Raid didn't happen; I think folks saw the planned absences and decided not to show.

• Options
    edited February 2020

The fact that divine shield blocks the sanity drain, the sanity attacks, and actually outright immunizes you from the madnesses from it's duration, it's just so powerful. As long as you have the damage to kill the tricky monsters before they get out of control you're golden. And prot has respectable damage + less hp on the mobs. The only boss that's tough is rexxar and that's because you'll probably want to shield for the void torrent guy if you can't avoid them or kill him fast enough.

Nah, he's easy too, just go spellwarding and line up Gift of the Titans. Open up normally, interrupt 2 boars, then blow wings/sera/spellwarding (or DS if you used it on void torrent man) and finish with cyclo. By the time he's dead you should still have dps cooldowns and gift up to go murder the bug pack next to the teleporter.

Coconut Monkey on
  • Options

Nah, he's easy too, just go spellwarding and line up Gift of the Titans. Open up normally, interrupt 2 boars, then blow wings/sera/spellwarding (or DS if you used it on void torrent man) and finish with cyclo. By the time he's dead you should still have dps cooldowns and gift up to go murder the bug pack next to the teleporter.

Does spell warding stop the void quills from doing sanity damage if they hit you? Because if so that's neat.

• Options
    Yep.

• Options
    here's the rexxar skip btw

https://gfycat.com/frenchpitifulcrocodileskink

ok also yeah this sounds trivially easy as a prot paladin why weren't you guys full clearing 5 masks weeks ago

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    here's the rexxar skip btw

https://gfycat.com/frenchpitifulcrocodileskink

ok also yeah this sounds trivially easy as a prot paladin why weren't you guys full clearing 5 masks weeks ago

Didn't have the sanity resistance, didn't have the self res, didn't have any ranks in the solo side of the research tree, didn't have as much gear, didn't have or care enough to get consumables and map out a route.

I was being lazy is what im getting at here. I solo'd that 3mask run and called it good.

Hell im still gonna be lazy about it, I've not idea if blizzard will timegate the corruption resistance increases, but i'm banking my keys just in case they don't.

• Options
    i believe it's already confirmed it's only 3 per week

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    For those who need an M+ this week, some of us can help today. Nobody's online though, so post here and I'll know you exist and that your body is ready.

• Options
    I’ll be around soon. Putting kids to bed as usual.

• Options
    Gonna be afk for like 30-40 then I'll be back.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Shirls doesn't have a lot of time, so folks who need one should hop online.

This discussion has been closed.