As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Recommend a Physical Keyboard Cell Phone for Grandma

Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts.Registered User regular
edited February 2020 in Help / Advice Forum
My inlaws, both 80, have suddenly decided they want a text-capable cell phone. This has never been a thing until recently, when a fellow 80-year-old gleefully showed off her phone to them and bragged about texting with her grandchildren. I blame her.

I did not see this phone but have been assured it has a full physical QWERTY keyboard, which is a requirement. They do not want a touch screen. If I had access to the friend I'd just ask, "Hey, let me see your phone," and get them one of those, but it can't be that simple, can it?

Any recommendations out there? Success stories of cell phones for elders in your lives?

Edit: My tone is grumpy because it's late and research was frustrating and I'd rather be playing a game right now. My inlaws are fantastic people and I want to find them a good fit.

Drake Chambers on