As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Also, Cloud's dark AOSB is a 20+1 and there's the potential to hone it to use only 2 bars. C2>AOSB at quickcast speed is likely the intended finisher.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    That new Cloud SASB seems nuts!

Cloud's Laevateinn [SASB, DMG/CT] (NEW!) - 15 single-target Dark/NE ranged physical attacks, Lv.3 En-Dark, En-Dark Stack, Sync Mode & Cap Break Level 1 to user
    • Attack (Dark): 6 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, High Quick Cast 2 to user
    • Defend (Dark): Heavy Charge +2 & [Critical Chance +100%, Critical Damage +50% & Cap Break Level 8] for 1 turn to user

Also, those new Barret and Zack AASBs are insane.

Yes, that looks insane.

So I’m thinking that obviously you’d want slot 2 to be Darkness Swing. The insane buffs from command 2 mean that you can do a full-power, crit-boosted, cap-breaking Darkness Swing every turn, and Imperil Dark every time.

But what about slot 1? If you’re usint command 2, you don’t need to be using Grand Charge; command 2 would give him 2 charges and then do Darkness Swing. But the Dark commands Cloud has are very limited. Do you go with Wicked Press?

Seems kind of mediocre to me. Giving up any damage on the C2 is a very, VERY harsh penalty. Even if he's capping on it, it's 160k damage with an imperil. Dark Cecil's Synchro for comparison, just spamming his C1 is 6 hits with a +30% stacking darkness chaser, so over 50% more damage when used with Taboo Raid or his record board ability, and his C2 if you've got a perfect enough situation to cap that out, is 3 + (6/7) + 10, so more than double it. Likely has a spot alongside Sephiroth since he supplies his own crit fix too, but... eh.

You missed one part of command 2. On top of Heavy Charge 2, 100% Crits, and boosted Crit Damage, it also gives him Cap Break 8 for a turn, on top of the Cap Break 1 provided by the Syncro itself. That brings his Cap Break up to the maximum value, same as using his USB1.

The upper limit on Darkness Swing chase from command 2 isn’t 160k. It’s 800k. And you presumably still have Cap Break 8 for the following turn.

Eh, fair enough. I'm extremely skeptical that Cloud could come anywhere near that though, and still feels like you'd get far better results just using his USB1 with regular Cloud strats. Cinque definitely can't reach those damage levels, even with all that same help being externally provided.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited February 2020

Cloud's Laevateinn [SASB, DMG/CT] (NEW!) - 15 single-target Dark/NE ranged physical attacks, Lv.3 En-Dark, En-Dark Stack, Sync Mode & Cap Break Level 1 to user
    • Attack (Dark): 6 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, High Quick Cast 2 to user
    • Defend (Dark): Heavy Charge +2 & [Critical Chance +100%, Critical Damage +50% & Cap Break Level 8] for 1 turn to user

Yes, that looks insane.

So I’m thinking that obviously you’d want slot 2 to be Darkness Swing. The insane buffs from command 2 mean that you can do a full-power, crit-boosted, cap-breaking Darkness Swing every turn, and Imperil Dark every time.

But what about slot 1? If you’re usint command 2, you don’t need to be using Grand Charge; command 2 would give him 2 charges and then do Darkness Swing. But the Dark commands Cloud has are very limited. Do you go with Wicked Press?

Seems kind of mediocre to me. Giving up any damage on the C2 is a very, VERY harsh penalty. Even if he's capping on it, it's 160k damage with an imperil. Dark Cecil's Synchro for comparison, just spamming his C1 is 6 hits with a +30% stacking darkness chaser, so over 50% more damage when used with Taboo Raid or his record board ability, and his C2 if you've got a perfect enough situation to cap that out, is 3 + (6/7) + 10, so more than double it. Likely has a spot alongside Sephiroth since he supplies his own crit fix too, but... eh.

You missed one part of command 2. On top of Heavy Charge 2, 100% Crits, and boosted Crit Damage, it also gives him Cap Break 8 for a turn, on top of the Cap Break 1 provided by the Syncro itself. That brings his Cap Break up to the maximum value, same as using his USB1.

The upper limit on Darkness Swing chase from command 2 isn’t 160k. It’s 800k. And you presumably still have Cap Break 8 for the following turn.

Eh, fair enough. I'm extremely skeptical that Cloud could come anywhere near that though, and still feels like you'd get far better results just using his USB1 with regular Cloud strats. Cinque definitely can't reach those damage levels, even with all that same help being externally provided.

If nothing else, the Sync gives him Endark X 3. To get he same buffs the Sync gives him, he’d need at least 2.5 bars (Dark Glint x3 + USB1), and would still need to carry Grand Charge and use it twice (once if you used his dark Bubsy). And you’d still need someone to boost crit damage. This thing removes the need to Charge, and costs a lot less meter to use.

On the other hand, you could try Glints+USB1 and spam Braver?

Enlong on
  • Options

Yes, that looks insane.

Cloud has the benefit of bringing both level 3 en-dark and his +20% damage LMR, while Cinque has to juggle her AASB, G+, and either her en-earth LMR or 2 more bars for the USB, and even with all that she still doesn't get near perma-QC. It also requires her to have Ignis buffing her at all times while Cloud is quicker to set up, hits harder than Grand Charge with his unique ability, can w-cast his unique, and leaves a slot free for another DPS.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    For comparison, Cinque SASB:

Cinque's Seismic Shaker [SASB, DMG/CT] - 15 single-target Earth/Wind/NE physical attacks, Lv.3 En-Earth, En-Earth Stack, Synchro Mode, Cap Break Level 1 & +2 Heavy Charge to user
    Attack (Earth): 6 single-target Earth/Wind/NE physical attacks, ATK/MAG -50% for 8 seconds if user has 2 Heavy Charges
    Defend (Earth): 3 single-target Earth/Wind/NE physical attacks, +1 Heavy Charge & Heavy Damage +50% for 1 turn to user

Cinque Unique ability:
    PHY Heavy
    6 hits of Earth damage
    Long delay, delay reduced upon recasts: ?/?/?s after 0/1/2+ casts
    +1 Heavy Charge

Most Sync SB seem to want characters to alternate between C1 and C2, with a Unique Ability bound to one and a 6* bound to the other.

In Cinque's case you'd C2 -> Unique ability to get to Heavy 2, then C1 -> Quake Swing for all the damage.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Grinding tickets, loving how broken my physical dark team is.

Garland Awakening (dark radiant), enDark LMR if I feel like it
    Seph Awakening, USB2, USB1 if I need empowered
    Seifer chain, party powerchain USB, enDark LMR
    Vayne awakening, arcane, bUSB (powerchain), enDark LMR if needed
    Aerith awakening, USB2, g+

It's just gross.

• Options
    For comparison, Cinque SASB:

Cinque's Seismic Shaker [SASB, DMG/CT] - 15 single-target Earth/Wind/NE physical attacks, Lv.3 En-Earth, En-Earth Stack, Synchro Mode, Cap Break Level 1 & +2 Heavy Charge to user
    Attack (Earth): 6 single-target Earth/Wind/NE physical attacks, ATK/MAG -50% for 8 seconds if user has 2 Heavy Charges
    Defend (Earth): 3 single-target Earth/Wind/NE physical attacks, +1 Heavy Charge & Heavy Damage +50% for 1 turn to user

Cinque Unique ability:
    PHY Heavy
    6 hits of Earth damage
    Long delay, delay reduced upon recasts: ?/?/?s after 0/1/2+ casts
    +1 Heavy Charge

Most Sync SB seem to want characters to alternate between C1 and C2, with a Unique Ability bound to one and a 6* bound to the other.

In Cinque's case you'd C2 -> Unique ability to get to Heavy 2, then C1 -> Quake Swing for all the damage.

Yeah, there's no way Cinque comes close to Cloud. Her C1 is limited to BDL1 and her C2 only gives Heavy +50%, while Cloud gets BDL9 and +100% damage applicable to everything including his AOSB.

• Options
    Granted, his Arcane for Dark is a 3!-hit type, whereas his Wind Arcane is a 20+1! type.

• Options
    Granted, his Arcane for Dark is a 3!-hit type, whereas his Wind Arcane is a 20+1! type.

Damn, coulda sworn it was the other way around.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Apparently Japan got a surprise leap day draw. One time only 50 mythril, G11 with two guaranteed 6*+ from a curated pool (looks like no OSBs/USBs). 24 hours only, no takesie backsies.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    50 is pretty rich for a one-day limited draw.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Yeah... I might go for a pull if it was 25, but 50 is a heck of a lot of mythril when I'm trying to save for fest and everything else. I mean, a load of 6* is pretty nice, but I'd rather just get two or three pulls off lucky and realm draws instead of just one for 50 at this point.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    You for sure get 2 AASB/AOSB/SASB? I think I'd take my chances.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    50 is pretty rich for a one-day limited draw.

For G11 though?

I hope lucky draws are curated going forward and have bsbs and osbs removed from the pool.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Let me tell you 11 rainbows is amazing.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Let me tell you 11 rainbows is amazing.

Do you have a JP account you mess around with?

Or are you remembering when DeNa intern accidentally took all 3/4* relics off the Terra BSB/Ramza Shout intro banner a few years back, making it G11 until it was hotfixed a few hours later?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    The second one. Even though it was mostly shared worthless relics it felt like winning the lottery. Or what I assume that feels like.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Nothing yet for us at least.

• Options
    Maytag wrote: »
    Nothing yet for us at least.

Sadness. Boo at "different games."

• Options
    So, free Vayne chain. I suppose I should start using that instead of Seymour’s chain for physical dark teams?

I’ve also got his Arcane, OSB, and SSB, so I feel like I’m overdue to use Vayne.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    So, free Vayne chain. I suppose I should start using that instead of Seymour’s chain for physical dark teams?

I’ve also got his Arcane, OSB, and SSB, so I feel like I’m overdue to use Vayne.

He's actually pretty cool. Ever since I got his Bubsy, he's been a mainstay on my teams. Helps that he can do both Physical or Magical teams depending on his stats. IIRC, it's his SSB that does party instacast like his Bubsy right?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Yes. No Endark on the SSB, but it does like 6 Dark hits and party Powerchain. He’s also got a good USB on the Papaya shop, and access to an Endark LMR.

• Options
    He's a way better chain holder than seifer for sure, his chain is just worse.

• Options

Don't sleep on Seifer. He has a party power chain, a dark radiant, and an atk/mag boost, plus access to knight for dispel if needed. He has a shitload more utility while Vayne is just pure DPS.

That said, Vayne fits in fine with either physical or magical teams, and Lakshmi/Madeen/Alexander all want pure DPS, not utility, so..............

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

Don't sleep on Seifer. He has a party power chain, a dark radiant, and an atk/mag boost, plus access to knight for dispel if needed. He has a shitload more utility while Vayne is just pure DPS.

That said, Vayne fits in fine with either physical or magical teams, and Lakshmi/Madeen/Alexander all want pure DPS, not utility, so..............

He's very slow though and his dive really sucks. I actually have his chain/radiant/boost but I'm still not really a fan.

His dispel was useful on Lakshmi/Madeen at least.

• Options
    I brought up his speed too and someone was like yeah his speed is faster than most other dark users or something.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I brought up his speed too and someone was like yeah his speed is faster than most other dark users or something.

If it is, then I've never noticed this. I always use Riku and seph and they're so much faster.
    Back when seifer only had 5* abilities he had a hard time getting enough bar during his chain to recast it in time.

• Options
    Well, Riku and Seph are fast. That’s kinda of their deal in their home games, too. Like, Riku got Celerity in this game because of how fast he is as a boss in KH1, I believe.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Doesn't Seph's trance like boost his speed? Anyway Seifer is fine imho. I mean, technically any Dark User can do Imperil duty, but since I have his Dualcast Dark LMR he does fine on that role. I wish he was a bit faster so I could use more of his kit but he was an MVP on all my Dark Magicite kills (3*,4* and 5*).

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options

If it is, then I've never noticed this. I always use Riku and seph and they're so much faster.
    Back when seifer only had 5* abilities he had a hard time getting enough bar during his chain to recast it in time.

Seifer's speed is 149.

Sephiroth's speed is 152.

Riku's speed is 172.

Every 150 speed = 1 second off the ATB without haste. A difference of 25 is .16 seconds. Hasted, that's .08.

There is literally no difference between Seifer and Sephiroth due to tick rules, and the difference between Sephiroth and Riku is less than a tenth of a second under normal circumstances.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I guess maybe you might notice something if you were using Gabranth's chain and his whopping 109 speed, but even then it's a big nothingburger of an issue.

• Options
    Boo, no Leap Day Lucky Draw for Global.

• Options
    It wouldn’t have been as good for us without giving us future relics. Maybe we will get it as some bizarre event in six months.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Labor Day bonus.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    We'll get it on August 32nd, probably.

• Options
    ff7007ff7007 Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    Did some work on Ifrit and got my four kills using a post from the reddit mastery thread as a starting point. It called for AASB’s from Tidus, Rikku, and Khimari and worked around having no real ability to en-water otherwise. I’ve got a near full Tidus (minus sync) and some other tech for Rikku (but not the AASB) so I was able to cobble something together. Tidus’ AASB got me out of phase 1, his AOSB got me mostly through phase 2, and then Khimari wrapped up phase three. A lot of resets from bad double procs getting Tidus killed or an instant healer USB losing to sap, but otherwise fairly clean.

The question now is, do I want to go do 4 more to get a defensive Ifrit started... I have the arcana to level one, but not the magicite to max it’s inheritance level. Perhaps a question for another day.

PSN: Rauhy FFRK: 9YYP Steam: Rauhy Battle.net: Rauhy#1977
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Aw, the top difficulty doesn't automatically give everything this time.

But I got Grade B just for throwing my auto-Lakshmi team at it, so good enough.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I took the time today to definitively figure out a magicite setup for Odin and realized that I needed at least six more Health Boon 8s to get every element set up.

I have been auto-punching Phoenix for hours.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Got a with autobattle.

....gotta try this one for real.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Huh... Wind physical is one of the few artifact groups I don't have three of yet. Was thinking spears for the dragoons, but there's only 5 spear-only wind dragoons and they're all kind of bad (Cid7, Fang, Freya, Estinien, and Nine), whereas virtually all the other wind randos like Luneth, Zidane, Cloud, Bartz, etc can use katanas.

Then again, I already have Titan, so maybe I should just start moving those into random realm artifacts.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif