As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Elder Scrolls Online] It's the 2nd Era, so is this Oblivion 2, or Oblivion -1?

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Man, I wanted to do dungeons in ESO but what seems to be one-time story stuff and LFG folks just wanting to get stuff done quick don't mix well.

Yeah, that definitely makes it tougher. I have a few friends who play, I've gotten a few done where I could enjoy the story with them.
    The daily dungeon thing tends to be very fast, though.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    And I have the game on XBox which means I can't readily bust out a keyboard to ask if we can take a run slow either.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    ESO is a game I play off and on. Sometimes I'll do nothing but daily logins for months, then I'll get really into it for a few weeks. I'm in the latter state right now and having a great time!

I just started getting into dungeons and that opened up a whole new exciting aspect of the game for me. I'm slowly building up a collection of fun monster hats.

I mostly play ESO for story and questing. YouTube has "story" playthroughs of each dungeon as a decent substitute for properly experiencing the quests as I play them.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Man, I wanted to do dungeons in ESO but what seems to be one-time story stuff and LFG folks just wanting to get stuff done quick don't mix well.

If someone says they're doing the quests at the start of a run the group has always slowed down the pace in my experience. It's been quite a while since I played though so I don't know if that's changed.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    I should probably promote someone who is on more often than me to have authority to let people into the guilds, yeah?

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    I actually just went to Orsinium, myself. It's one area I never got around to.
    I've been doing the dungeon daily with Karoz from the forums if you want to join us sometime. I'm vamenn if you want to add me in-game.

I’m just finishing up Orsinium, it’s been fun. I have the main story to continue, then the annoying museum quest, which is one long scavenger hunt, although I already have a third of them done.

I’m actually at the point where I can solo public dungeons, with the exception of the occasional heavy hitting group boss. So I’ve been making my way through them, too, for lots of loot and gold.

Also - has there been a patch ? I noticed today that gathering is a lot faster, with ore only taking one what to mine.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I'm actually fond of the item hunts, I've did that one as well as both of the ones in Elsweyr. But I was disappointed to see there was no real reward for the museum hunt. I was hoping for a housing item!

I don't know about a patch...I didn't notice harvesting being different, myself. Did you maybe unlock the faster gathering perk and not notice?

Lucid - Yea perhaps! I am on fairly often but also vanish for months at a time so I may not be ideal. I've seen Karoz and CorriganX on but I don't know how consistent they are either.

vamen on
  • Options
    I'm actually fond of the item hunts, I've did that one as well as both of the ones in Elsweyr. But I was disappointed to see there was no real reward for the museum hunt. I was hoping for a housing item!

I don't know about a patch...I didn't notice harvesting being different, myself. Did you maybe unlock the faster gathering perk and not notice?

Lucid - Yea perhaps! I am on fairly often but also vanish for months at a time so I may not be ideal. I've seen Karoz and CorriganX on but I don't know how consistent they are either.

I'm not sure if Corrigan is a PAer anymore tbh -- @Pixelated Pixie who was it that ate our guild bank way back?

I know I made @Steel Angel a mod.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited February 2020

I'm not sure if Corrigan is a PAer anymore tbh -- @Pixelated Pixie who was it that ate our guild bank way back?

I know I made @Steel Angel a mod.

Corehealer wiped the bank.

As for the guilds, I'm on most every day right now still, and can help out with members/whatever (I mean, obviously I already can for Pax, but I don't think I can for Ash). But I do vanish for weeks at a time when I get sidetracked by other things.

And yes, Corrigan is definitely still a PAer.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Oh that's a bummer. I've never even looked in the guild bank, but still!
    I bet that's a good way to share recipes that I never even thought about!

vamen on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Im still around, most of the time. Usually in steam chat and happy to hop in if people need more bodies, but a lot of what I enjoy about ESO is just hopping in, doing some exploring and questing, then taking a break for a while. I appreciate and truly love the fact that the game doesnt require me to keep up with it constantly and I can play whenever I want, or when others want me to.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

I'm not sure if Corrigan is a PAer anymore tbh -- "Pixelated Pixie" who was it that ate our guild bank way back?

I know I made "Steel Angel" a mod.

I stopped actively playing when the ESO patcher stopped playing nicely with my ISP routing and made me have to run the wget commands for files manually. haven't checked if that got fixed since I've built a new rig and effectively uninstalled most of my games in the process.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    I managed to complete veteran Maelstrom Arena!
    q32p9M8l.png

• Options
    That's awesome!
    I don't think I have a single polymorph unlocked, are they all from vet stuff?

• Options
    Update 25 (arriving Feb 24 for PC and March 10 for PS4/XB1) will require everyone to uninstall the game and completely reinstall it.

Yay, I can't wait to spend all day (or 2... or 3...) trying to install this massive beast at ZOS server speeds at the same time as a million other people!

/sigh/

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    At least the size will (supposedly) be a lot smaller than the current one.

Don't forget to claim your free pet in the store!

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular

ooo what store?

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »

ooo what store?

He should be showing up in the crownstore:
    abjcmoh90k1w.jpg

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57719

• Options
    Oh man, I hopped onto Reddit to find out about the upcoming update, and apparently a young (22 y o) PVP guild leader on PS4 tragically took his own life... so all three Alliances came together for an in-game funeral at Gottlesfont Priory in Cyrodiil. Nobody trolled or bombed it.

Here's some threads:

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/f3qay8/ad_and_dc_line_the_way_to_brindle_church_for_an/

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/f3qevn/beautiful_memorial_for_a_fallen_comrade_so_many/

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/f3qagh/rest_in_peace_a_member_of_the_ebonheart_pact_is/

• Options
    Very sad news, I'm glad Zenimax is making a gesture: "An ever resting bear named Semaj with a candle and Ebonheart Shield will be appearing just north-west of the Temple of the Ancestor Moths when U26 goes up."

• Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    This is the kind of stuff that makes me wish there was more going on in the MMO area of gaming. There's few genres out there that can generate a sense of community that genuine.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I can't express how disappointment I am that MMOs are mostly a dead genre right now. There's not really a single MMO in the works that I'm excited about. I know Amazon is making a new LOTR MMO but I have 0 faith in them currently and it also will probably not be the sort of MMO I dig.

vamen on
  • Options
    seYDYjK.png?1
    Flawless Veteran Maelstrom Arena!

I'm real proud of this.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Reminder! The Great Big Client update is today, so, open it up and let it run while you're at work/asleep/whatever. *edit* and update any addons you have.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Does this game even support addons? I hadn't even thought about it... But I used a large variety of addons back in my WoW days, mostly for UI customization...

edit: Yep, there it is right in the menu. I just don't have any.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    I'm usually quite anti-addon in MMO games, but slowly over the years I've grabbed a few in ESO, and now I find the game a lot harder to play if I don't have certain ones.

• Options
    I have a ton of add-ons installed. There's some I just can't play without at this point.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Agreed.
    If I ever try to find a skyshard on my own or do a crafting writ by hand again, I might openly weep.

• Options
    ESO is extremely addon friendly, and the addons make the game experience MUCH smoother. I would die without my minimap.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5A93lsXw0E

I'm ridiculously excited that Solitude looks like it does in Skyrim.

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    What would be considered a few must have mods?

• Options
    For me, it is stuff like Skyshards and Lorebooks (for showing those on your map). In a single player game I'd enjoy finding them on my own, but not in a MMO.
    If you want to do crafting writs, the Lazy Writ Crafter is 100% essential.
    Advanced Filters I like for being able to sort your inv a bit better. Instead of only being able to look at "weapons", you can filter by bows, 1h, daggers, 2h, staff, etc. Same goes for the other category of items.
    MiniMap by Fyrakin if you like mini-maps.

Those are the ones that come to mind for me. I could check my add-on list when I get home to see if there are any more I'd highly recommend.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I guess I will fire it up again some time. Is all of the content from when it started still there?

Krathoon on
  • Options
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I guess I will fire it up again some time. Is all of the content from when it started still there?

Nothing has been removed (that I'm aware of). But where you start now depends on which expansions you own.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Yeah. I am just on the Molag Bal stuff at the start.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

Nothing has been removed (that I'm aware of). But where you start now depends on which expansions you own.

That does kinda annoy me. You'd think by now they'd introduce an option at the start for which area/story you wanna run the tutorial at.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Got my stamina/dual wield mage up to 26. He's still fun, lots of PBAoE damage plus a bleed and a pet. He's stout enough in medium armor. This is the first ESO build I've done that actually worked out to be half decent so far.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    You know...I feel like I'd enjoy a DK tank quite a bit, if I didn't aggressively dislike the aesthetic of the armor skill.

Which is sort of a consistent problem I have across a few different classes, now that I think about it.

I realize they want easy to process visual information for PvP reasons, but like...give me skins or toggles for PvE, guys.

Kamar on
  • Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Got my stamina/dual wield mage up to 26. He's still fun, lots of PBAoE damage plus a bleed and a pet. He's stout enough in medium armor. This is the first ESO build I've done that actually worked out to be half decent so far.

Stamina dual-wield sorc is one of my favorite builds. Hurricane all the things forever.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Kamar wrote: »
    You know...I feel like I'd enjoy a DK tank quite a bit, if I didn't aggressively dislike the aesthetic of the armor skill.

Which is sort of a consistent problem I have across a few different classes, now that I think about it.

I realize they want easy to process visual information for PvP reasons, but like...give me skins or toggles for PvE, guys.

Do you mean the spiked armor / magma armor type skills?