As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Font just changed

zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourselfRegistered User regular
On Friday the font to the site changed on my computer with chrome. I reset my cookies, history and cache back to the beginning of time, and the letters are still a bit janky.

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    We didn't deploy any changes on Friday. Not sure I can look into this without more information.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I was just about to post this myself, yeah... It's definitely a different font. Things look a little... weird? Font looks bigger, it has more spacing.

It didn't change on Friday for me though, it only changed today. And strangely, earlier today it looked fine.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Font is definitely different, larger by at least 1 point size. Only showed up for me this afternoon.

Note, the font is the same size on the menu pages, location text, and framing navigation, just is larger for post content by a decent bit.

Enc on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Yeah I was reading the forums earlier today and they were normal. Just opened a thread a minute ago and noticed the main post font has changed.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Just noticed this as well.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Using desktop chrome, and also experiencing the weird font on and off.

It usually does this for ~half a second when I first start the computer up in the morning, only on the first page or two of PA, and then switches fonts w/o a refresh. Now its just showing the other font constantly.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Just popped up for me.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    8py7vy4vbezk.png

Here's a side-by-side of old on left, new on right.

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Looking at the CSS in Chrome Developer Tools there is now a

body.Vanilla .userContent {
    font-size: 14px;
    }

that is setting the font size to 14. If I disable it goes back to size 13 font which it was using before.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Getting the same thing on desktop Firefox. Was thinking my glasses needed a stronger prescription.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Getting the same thing on desktop Firefox. Was thinking my glasses needed a stronger prescription.

Same. Win 10, Firefox 73.0.1. It's particularly noticeable on previously tiny text in people's sigs, now the same size font as the body of the post.

Looks like the font is slightly wider too? Might be my imagination.

Text in the composition field as I'm typing is the same as usual, though.

Jazz on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Iruka wrote: »
    We didn't deploy any changes on Friday.

Cowards.

(...ok, we don't deploy on Fridays either at EchoCorp)

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Pretty sure the thread font on mobile just suddenly got smaller. Using chrome on Android

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Pretty sure the thread font on mobile just suddenly got smaller. Using chrome on Android

Same. LG V30, Android 8.0, Chrome 80.0.3987.119, also Firefox 68.5.0, both current.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Seems like in-thread text is increased by 10% or so. If you zoom out a touch when inside a thread, it looks like it used to.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Yeah 90% is the sweet spot for me on desktop.

But then it zooms out on the thread pages and such.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me