As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Resident Evil] Are you a bad enough dude to save the President's daughter... again?

BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
edited October 2022 in Games and Technology
sKAW9B7.jpg

Resident Evil 3 is the tale of Jill Valentine, a 20-something suburbanite who finds herself frustrated by her career and desperate to move out of the city. But will she manage when she's being pursued by a tall, dark stranger set on taking her heart?

yZ3PhLs.jpg?1

Originally released in 1999, the timeless tale of whirlwind encounters has been remade for the 2020 audience, and will be released on the 3rd of April.

Burnage on

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    But the real question is will Jill finally realize the love of her life has been at her side the whole time?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    But the real question is will Jill finally realize the love of her life has been at her side the whole time?

Rebecca :D

Stabbity_Style.png
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Carrying over from last thread, and only slightly off topic (since Dino Crisis is really just Resident Evil with raptors)...

I think Dino Crisis remake would work great in the vein of Alien Isolation. Tight confined quarters, very little combat ability for the player character, mostly just having to run and hide in terror. With raptors hunting you.

Regarding RE3, I'm so freaking excited for this game. This is the final mainline game to come to current gen. Once this is out, all 8 main games (0-7) plus the Revelations games, will all be on the same hardware generation. It will be a beautiful thing.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Regarding RE3, I'm so freaking excited for this game. This is the final mainline game to come to current gen. Once this is out, all 8 main games (0-7) plus the Revelations games, will all be on the same hardware generation. It will be a beautiful thing.

I'm actually really curious to see what happens with the remake line after 3. Part of me would like to see a Code Veronica remake, part of me would like them to ditch everything that happened after 3 in the original games and continue a new, slightly more grounded plot.

I dunno if I can really square what happens in RE4 and Zero with 7 or RE2make. If you told me they were alternative timelines I'd believe it.

• WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Prohass wrote:
    I was talking about this in the steam thread but I’ve been playing two point hospital and it got me wanting a Resident evil Umbrella Corp themed management sim

I think the closest thing to what I’m thinking of would be like the recent Jurassic park game.

Tho Instead of showing off creatures to patrons tho you could get like terrorist groups and generals to come tour your facility, and they’d buy creatures or virus strains from you. And you’d have to train up like defense and biohazard troops for outbreaks and spills. Also espionage and like corporate backstabbing with your personnel betraying each other for promotions, killing, self injecting. Also avoiding hero’s exposing you etc
    Klemming wrote:
    I like it, but you've got to throw in a system that has you design incredibly elaborate puzzles to get into certain places. You need two medallions to access the secret sewer entrance, and one medallion has been broken into three pieces. One is hidden inside a book, but the book is in the gravestone behind the train station, and can only be removed when you add the stone flower you took from the statue in the park, and so on.
    Each step slows the hero down and gives your facility Tyrant more time to catch up to them and punch their head off.

It's not one to one, but these posts are giving me heavy Evil Genius vibes. I would love to see a Resident Evil themed game in that vein.

• President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    I will take a Dino Crisis remake. And a RE1 remake remake with the new engine and controls.

I thought RE3 was supposed to have a multiplayer survivor stories or asymmetric multiplayer or something, and I feel like that's a decent branch for follow-up stories. I think it's difficult to write a continuation without upping the stakes to be too fanciful (like RE5 and RE6, where you're a globetrotting adventurer out to contain outbreaks and also somehow the people at Umbrella behind the incident all survive and keep doing the exact same thing) or just making side stories and prequels (RE0 and RE7). But I'd be fine with a game that just gave you a somewhat open city/locale and an objective and told you to survive and get out.

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I will take a Dino Crisis remake. And a RE1 remake remake with the new engine and controls.

I thought RE3 was supposed to have a multiplayer survivor stories or asymmetric multiplayer or something, and I feel like that's a decent branch for follow-up stories. I think it's difficult to write a continuation without upping the stakes to be too fanciful (like RE5 and RE6, where you're a globetrotting adventurer out to contain outbreaks and also somehow the people at Umbrella behind the incident all survive and keep doing the exact same thing) or just making side stories and prequels (RE0 and RE7). But I'd be fine with a game that just gave you a somewhat open city/locale and an objective and told you to survive and get out.

An online Resident Evil Outbreak remake would be rad. Unfortunately the R3make multiplayer is non-canon arcade style dungeon crawler with one player being the dungeon master using cards to summon monsters or playing as tyrant/machine gun. I played the beta and it was alright, just was a bit too arcadey for me (zombies can be summoned right underneath you, it’s fast paced race against the clock).

I liked the slower pace of Outbreak 1 and 2, where it really is cooperative resident evil like RE1-3 with actual story and characters (and a zombie zoo with zombie elephants)
    https://youtu.be/P3N00760-cM

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Her dog?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I love the resident evil games but I am not good at them.

How easy is easy because I have the RE1:remake on steam (I must have bought it in a sale).

it's next on my list once I finish Baldur's gate 1 EE

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    REmake is pretty tough the first time through, IMO! It has 2 characters and 3 difficulty levels to start (you unlock harder options after beating it once)

Jill's story is easier than Chris' by virtue of her having a larger inventory, more powerful weapons and a more useful partner character. I think it's worth playing on Normal ya first time through.

Oh brilliant
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I never got into the RE games much, but on a whim I grabbed a used copy of RE Revelations for the 3DS.

Just starting out, holy crap that's a good looking game. And turning up the 3D enhancement in the options to Very Strong, it might have the best 3D I've seen on the system.

• XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    REmake is pretty tough the first time through, IMO! It has 2 characters and 3 difficulty levels to start (you unlock harder options after beating it once)

Jill's story is easier than Chris' by virtue of her having a larger inventory, more powerful weapons and a more useful partner character. I think it's worth playing on Normal ya first time through.

When I first read this, I was going to ask who Chris's partner character is. Weaker runs off with Jill at the start, so he has no one like Jill has Barry... wait, Rebecca. Rebecca's a thing, isn't she?

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
    Xerink wrote: »

When I first read this, I was going to ask who Chris's partner character is. Weaker runs off with Jill at the start, so he has no one like Jill has Barry... wait, Rebecca. Rebecca's a thing, isn't she?

Rebecca's actually more defensively useful than Barry, since she gives you a free heal and Chris has higher HP than Jill anyways. Chris' playthrough is still much harder overall than Jill's but he does get some perks.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

An online Resident Evil Outbreak remake would be rad. Unfortunately the R3make multiplayer is non-canon arcade style dungeon crawler with one player being the dungeon master using cards to summon monsters or playing as tyrant/machine gun. I played the beta and it was alright, just was a bit too arcadey for me (zombies can be summoned right underneath you, it’s fast paced race against the clock).

I liked the slower pace of Outbreak 1 and 2, where it really is cooperative resident evil like RE1-3 with actual story and characters (and a zombie zoo with zombie elephants)

I was really really hoping that RE: Resistance would be a return to Outbreak level play. I would also fucking love a slow-methodical RE Online like Outbreak and Outbreak 2. I didn't get to appreciate it when it was on PS2 as much, and plus the online for PS2 was pretty wonky at best.

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

I was really really hoping that RE: Resistance would be a return to Outbreak level play. I would also fucking love a slow-methodical RE Online like Outbreak and Outbreak 2. I didn't get to appreciate it when it was on PS2 as much, and plus the online for PS2 was pretty wonky at best.

I bought the network adapter just for Outbreak file 2; was worth it

edited March 2020
    OXM has new details about RE3, I’ve spoilered some highlights:
    - Nemesis can chase you into seemingly safe areas, but apparently Capcom clarified and said Nemesis won’t chase into save rooms. Devs goal was to make a more resilient Mr X. After a story point you can down him for rare items. Only a few areas where he doesn’t follow you. His AI does give you some breathers.
    - Spiders and other classic monsters confirmed, hint at new ones.
    - Raccoon city is large with multiple paths. Subway system acts as a bit of hub fast travel.
    - Carlos is playable. Story is more fleshed out, more backstory. More side stuff.

Zavian on
    Nice. All of that sounds great.

Can't wait. Is it April 3 yet?

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    In the last thread someone posted a pretty decent site with a discount, but I can't recall it.

Anyone remember where it was?

EDIT:

Nvm, GMG has 15% off, and they give you a discount code Mayhem for an additional 12%

Dixon on
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    That's all great news the biggest complain i had with the RE2 Remake was the
    Super lack of enemy variety.

Playstation posted a pretty good video, highlighting some of the similarities and differences between the original RE3 and the Remake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AGmQfchT5A&has_verified=1

edited March 2020
    Zunde wrote: »
    That's all great news the biggest complain i had with the RE2 Remake was the
    Super lack of enemy variety.

Well even OG 2 had that issue

King Riptor on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    464969F4F50FF712E3249B60F817A86A6AF58CC7

8-)

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    Rami wrote: »
    464969F4F50FF712E3249B60F817A86A6AF58CC7

8-)

I'm joining you on team "Now Officially Ready For Resident Evil 3".
    fa82Vff.png

7fT1Qo6.png

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Hey Capcom now would be a really great time to release that demo already

For one thing, it's only 3 weeks until the actual game is out

And for another, everyone is just sitting at home doing nothing right now

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    How far ahead of 2 did they release the demo? I don't think it was very long.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    klemming wrote: »

I wanna say a month? That seems wrong though

klemming wrote: »

I wanna say a month? That seems wrong though

A month and a half. Demo came out on December 12th, game got released Jan 25th. Christmas might have stretched that schedule out?

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    According to Wikipedia, the demo came out January 11, 2 weeks beforehand.

But we weren't in the middle of a global pandemic then, so

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I have preordered this like a lemming because I am very interested in the multiplayer game which apparently comes with every copy

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular

Samurai Edge.

• EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular

Samurai Edge.

I dunno dude I say it’s a sandwich. There is some deep Jill sandwich lore in resident evil.

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular

You say that like she hasn’t been carrying the lockpick this whole time.

edited March 2020
    Never actually played RE:5 aside from the demo, so I think I'll do a remastered run through once RE3make comes out.
    I also think Zombie John Wick is amazing:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvMWEsejG2Q

manwiththemachinegun on
    Never actually played RE:5 aside from the demo, so I think I'll do a remastered run through once RE3make comes out.

I never played RE5 and that video convinced me that I made the right choice. Holy shit was that dumb.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

I never played RE5 and that video convinced me that I made the right choice. Holy shit was that dumb.

I mean, that wasn't from RE5. RE5 is a great big dumb coop action movie.

Stabbity_Style.png
    You say that as if the entire concept of RE wasn't dumb.

RE 1-3 were pretty grounded. 4 added giant trolls and 5 had Chris punching boulders

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Doing a Minimalist run on Claire A to finish up my RE2 cheevos - any recommendations for which weapons to grab, which to skip?

Oh brilliant
    edited March 2020

I mean, that wasn't from RE5. RE5 is a great big dumb coop action movie.

Ah, my bad. The RE5 part at the beginning made me think it was so. Of course, 6 was the over-the-top action game as I recall. Also had the giraffe getting fellatio logo, as it was described to me once.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    You say that as if the entire concept of RE wasn't dumb.

Yeah, it's dumb, but not "punch a boulder in a volcano" dumb.

Stabbity_Style.png