As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[tv] is all video games now

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    really glad there is an "actually, dracula did nothing wrong" cult in season 3 of castlevania

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'm glad Carmilla has an extremely large sister with great hair

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    without spoilers is season 3 good

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    lol I love Tooth Guy, he's my favorite character now

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    without spoilers is season 3 good

Starts slow. Is REALLY good.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    watchin' castlevania
    it is good that the first episode continues the trend of giving Sypha all the coolest shit and making trevor look like a chump next to her

I got such a huge kick out of
    Sypha just Iron Man hovering around with her fire spells

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    I’d be real interested in a broad strokes Metal Gear adaptation in the vein of Castlevania.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    sure, as long as hideo kojima is nowhere the fuck near it

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    I’d be real interested in a broad strokes Metal Gear adaptation in the vein of Castlevania.

would it start with the original Metal Gears so you really get the payoff during the Phantom Pain season finale?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

would it start with the original Metal Gears so you really get the payoff during the Phantom Pain season finale?

Phantom Pain doesn't have any payoff

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Holy shit, Barbara Steele is in Castlevania S3!

Edit: for reference

u23fx3i59ifc.jpeg

astrobstrd on
    Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular

I’d probably say mash Metal Gear one and two together, either as the first half of a season or a short first season.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    castlevania
    fuck I love trevor and sypha's relationship, they're delightful

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Castlevania S3E01
    The way they confirm that Trevor and Sypha are in a relationship now by having her get extremely offended that Trevor calls a beer "better than sex" is pretty funny.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Halfway through season 2 of Superstore. Glenn is still the best, Jonah and Dina are tied for worst

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I am now a name poster

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    I am now a name poster

ONE OF US

• Options
    Also Dina rules

• Options
    Also Dina rules

She's a cop

• Options
    cheyenne is still my favorite because of course she is, but season two makes the case for sandra very strongly

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    dina is a slightly more likable version of Dwight Schrute

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Castlevania
    I wonder how Trevor and Sypha would react to seeing that Alucard has started impaling people in front of the castle.

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    My favorite thing about Sandra is, provided almost any sort of attention, she immediately goes from sympathetic houseplant to unhinged sociopath

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

That and some Ron Swanson added for good measure I think

• Options
    I don't see it

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I don't see it

I haven't seen past the first season of Superstore, but Ron Swanson has a lot of Red Blooded American beliefs that I could see Dina or any cop holding

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    cheyenne is still my favorite because of course she is, but season two makes the case for sandra very strongly

Cheyenne and Bo near the top of my list, definitely.

Glenn is just featured more and his voice makes every line kill me

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

yikes

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Cheyenne is basically one of my cousins

I adore her and am thankful that I can turn the tv off and stop being involved

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Also Dina rules

She's a cop

amazing tiddies though

• Options
    yeah lauren ash can GET IT

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

yikes

I don't think it's an uncharitable comparison

they're both assholes with bizarre personal codes that occasionally allow them to be decent friends

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Dina strongly resembles an actual manager I had both as a character and physically. So good job Superstore

Coinage on
  • Options
    Also Dina rules

She's a cop

amazing tiddies though

She could narc on me any day

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

yikes

I don't think it's an uncharitable comparison

they're both assholes with bizarre personal codes that occasionally allow them to be decent friends

oh they are absolutely variations of the same archetype

and both very good characters, if not good people

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Castlevania
    I wonder how Trevor and Sypha would react to seeing that Alucard has started impaling people in front of the castle.

Hopefully by
    asking him wtf happened and then giving him a hug when he tells them.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    Jimothy wrote: »

Happy for Echo Kellum and sure, I’d watch a new Dan Goor show
    Carl Tart hell YES

Carl Tart has easily become one of my favourite guests on CBB

MC Sugarbutt makes me laugh so hard I cry at least once per appearance
    The Chief is maybe the only time I can think of where a dude playing a female character on that show has been hilarious and not problematic as fuck

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Seal wrote: »
    Castlevania

Hopefully by
    I'd expect Trevor to suggest that maybe they were just into some kinky shit.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Seal wrote: »
    Castlevania

Hopefully by
    I'd expect Trevor to suggest that maybe they were just into some kinky shit.

God yeah that is totally on brand.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Alright, Altered Carbon season 2 just had a legitimately good joke.

Not really a spoiler...
    two AIs talking:
    "Where's the human first aid kit?"
    "Behind the bar."
    "This is just whiskey."
    "There's also gin."

It's still not really doing much overly interesting with it's central mystery, and it all feels kind of meandering, but it occasionally has some solid dialogue.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
This discussion has been closed.