As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    What is this made to print Skaven book that is on the GW site for two weeks? Is it just lore stuff? Is it relavent to current Skaven?

Also, what is a good paint scheme for terrain? I want to theme my warcry starter terrain to Skaven but I'm not sure what to do. I want to do something simple though, basically prime it, maybe zenithal, then wash, dry brush, maybe a little brush painting, and then done.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    It's a lore book from the days of warhammer fantasy, but it is a very good lore book, and much of the skaven fluff remains pretty similar into AoS.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I know about ending up with small armies. I have a gloomspite one because of looncurse that I am tempted to build it not much past what came in the box. I have other semi armies like the Ad mech {It's the LV previews they did for new units they get that threw doubt into what I was going to do with it and I did mess up the legs on the skitarii] and ones like the dark vengeance starter x2 that I have a dark angel force in that I will either do nothing with, paint or sell
    My brother did retire his Warhammer armies because he was not fond what happened to the wood elves but he is curious about the Satyr elves. The Realm lords have his interest but he just wants the army book since he is ignoring the hype at the moment.
    I won that demon box
    This 5ywolz8fiole.png
    Combined with just other demon stuff I bought or ended up with that I built a demon army for both 40k/AOS

When it comes to AoS I got the army I have always wanted Daughters of Khaine. I have always wanted to play Warhammer but I found no one willing to play a new person and building a all witch elf army then was a foolish proposition. I bought the Idoneth xmas deal last year because the GW store had it in stock and I kind of wanted it
    But part of me is happy my brother is interested in the Realm lords because I have someone I can finally play other than the random game at the gw store when I could go {my bike was stolen so when my tax return comes in I am replacing it}

Other than that long ramble I don't know if I want to sell my Imperial guard {It's Steel Legion and some tanks 7qmlc6mbqy3j.jpg

The necron, tyranid and other armies. I have a mark IV army I am going to paint as imperial fists proto black templars as part of my summer project but it's a combo paint project and army to play with in Horus heresy era games
    Do I want to sell them not really there are other sideline bits I would sell

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    What is this made to print Skaven book that is on the GW site for two weeks? Is it just lore stuff? Is it relavent to current Skaven?

Also, what is a good paint scheme for terrain? I want to theme my warcry starter terrain to Skaven but I'm not sure what to do. I want to do something simple though, basically prime it, maybe zenithal, then wash, dry brush, maybe a little brush painting, and then done.

Just cover everything in skaven glyphs.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Bonus: the symbol of the horned rat is really easy to paint.

That would be good, I can make some stencils and hit it with the airbrush.

I'm just struggling with the base color for the terrain. Not sure what would be Skaveny. Would it even be a specific different color than just grey and such?

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

Stragint wrote: »
    That would be good, I can make some stencils and hit it with the airbrush.

I'm just struggling with the base color for the terrain. Not sure what would be Skaveny. Would it even be a specific different color than just grey and such?

Rat warrens
    It would look messy and natural with stains

I tried my hand at converting stormcast paladins to Chaos Chosen for AoS.

Here is the first model I painted: (Album is here)

PRxIItRh.jpg
    fuXfL5Ch.jpg
    tGDUrVGh.jpg

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Fun lore bits from Wrath of the Everchosen
    -Archaon found Slaanesh. That seems like a huge deal, since it means Chaos now knows where Slaanesh is.
    -Archaon also destroyed yet another chain binding Slaanesh, but had to break off the rescue effort due to Eightpoints coming under attack by Katakros.
    -Katakros captured the main Shyish realmgate to Eightpoints, bringing the number of major realmgates in Chaos control down to three.
    -Katakros builds his headquarters on the Eightpoints side of the realmgate, giving Death a nigh-impregnable foothold in Chaos' backyard.
    -We learn more about the Eightpoints itself, a continent-sized sub-realm filled with Chaos-corrupted terrain and marauding tribes. Essentially, the Eightpoints is to AoS what the Chaos Wastes was to Warhammer Fantasy.
    -Katakros gets wreckt by Archaon, but respawns back at his new headquarters, having prepared multiple bodies for his soul knowing that he wouldn't beat Archaon the first time.
    -Lots of little bits that are great, like how the non-combatant Ossiarch Bonereapers function to gather material and build fortifications, how the Eightpoints has rivers of Chaos-tainted molten metal flowing beneath the surface tapped by Chaos-aligned duardin to make weapons, and other good stuff.

H9f4bVe.png
    edited March 2020
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    -Archaon found Slaanesh. That seems like a huge deal, since it means Chaos now knows where Slaanesh is.
    -Archaon also destroyed yet another chain binding Slaanesh, but had to break off the rescue effort due to Eightpoints coming under attack by Katakros.
    -Katakros captured the main Shyish realmgate to Eightpoints, bringing the number of major realmgates in Chaos control down to three.
    -Katakros builds his headquarters on the Eightpoints side of the realmgate, giving Death a nigh-impregnable foothold in Chaos' backyard.
    -We learn more about the Eightpoints itself, a continent-sized sub-realm filled with Chaos-corrupted terrain and marauding tribes. Essentially, the Eightpoints is to AoS what the Chaos Wastes was to Warhammer Fantasy.
    -Katakros gets wreckt by Archaon, but respawns back at his new headquarters, having prepared multiple bodies for his soul knowing that he wouldn't beat Archaon the first time.
    -Lots of little bits that are great, like how the non-combatant Ossiarch Bonereapers function to gather material and build fortifications, how the Eightpoints has rivers of Chaos-tainted molten metal flowing beneath the surface tapped by Chaos-aligned duardin to make weapons, and other good stuff.
    isn't the other bit that Katakros is feeling extra fucked up from being killed by Archaon? Like the wound (which is from another body) isn't healing quite right or he still feels the wound? Long story short Slayer of Kings seems to fuck people up.

TheGerbil on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    isn't the other bit that Katakros is feeling extra fucked up from being killed by Archaon? Like the wound (which is from another body) isn't healing quite right or he still feels the wound? Long story short Slayer of Kings seems to fuck people up.

That is also a good bit.

H9f4bVe.png
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Did anyone else read the Stegadon list article on Warhammer community?

That looks fun as hell to play. Not competitive, but hilarious

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    My parts to make 15 Skaven acolytes and 9 jezzails came in. I'm now torn on if I want to use stormvermin to make the acolytes or plague monks. Plague monks would be cheaper but I saw someone who used the parts with stormvermin and they looked real good.

I started slapping together my Nighthaunt half of soul wars last night. Two observations...

1) It's actually kinda refreshing to throw together some quick and easy pushfit models.
    2) These sculpts are absolutely fantastic.... I'm in love with this Lord Executioner model.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    The nighthaunt models are pretty much all fantastic, yeah, I'd just be too scared of breaking them to actually collect them as an army! (Then again I do own 30 Khinerai, so what do I know?)

New Seraphon book looks pretty good, plays more like a traditional AoS army rather than the box o' gimmicks they used to have to do to compete, but it has some strong options throughout, seems just a generally solid mid/high tier book to my eye, maybe better than that even, I'm not much of a one for spotting competitive options!

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    The Nighthaunt models are actually pretty sturdy from what I've experienced. You have to actively try to break allot of them. Ghostmom is pretty easy to fuck up, though.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    The Soul Wars Executioner is amusingly sproingy.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    The Soul Wars Executioner is amusingly sproingy.

I'm tempted to glue on a small piece of wall to attach his shroud to for exactly that reason

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Aetherwings

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    The various previews of the characters for the Realm lords today are both cool and curious since they only show bits and pieces of the non special character ones

The witch elf warband!
    ehxblycoxcd0.png

Brainleech wrote: »
    The various previews of the characters for the Realm lords today are both cool and curious since they only show bits and pieces of the non special character ones

I love the way that veiled face was sculpted.

H9f4bVe.png
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I think i’ll pick up the Wych Elf warband as well as the Brutes! They both look awesome!

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I'm thinking of using the underworlds warband + a box of khinerai as a warcry warband.

In warcry, should the leader lead from the front or the rear? I.e., should the leader be good at fighting or just hide out in the back away from everyone?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    In my limited experience, leaders generally have better attack and def than normal troops, which might be something you want.
    Some missions are “kill enemy leader” tho so you might want to hide them.
    Theres no inherent “leader generates CP so hide them all battle” like in kill team tho

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    Dayspring wrote: »
    I think i’ll pick up the Wych Elf warband as well as the Brutes! They both look awesome!

I am going to get the Wych elf warband because it's my fav army just the dynamic action of the sister and wych elves make me sad for the current sprue
    I do plan on getting the wyrmspat to continue collecting the chaos ones {I play magore and the eyes but will probably drop them in favor of the wych elf one but it depends on the cards I am also going to hate if the rippa's and the grymwatch have cards that make the DoK warband that much better
    Still I am curious about the brutes since of the few games I did with the Ork warband and how I got certain cards to make them tougher I put them up in favor of Magore and the Eyes

I wish the DoK warband had a medusa leader so they could have a wizard in there, but the hag queen is probably more emblematic of the faction as a whole, either way I'll definitely be picking those up.

Still not sold on the Lumineth, earthbender mage is kinda cool, but the archers are doing nothing for me.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I really like the stonemage elf. Love the big hat.

Although it's kinda ridiculous how the model just doesn't stop when you scroll downwards.

Oh it's a mage sitting down

On a stone plinth

On a little menhir

On some grass and a bonsai tree

On some floating rocks

Over the base.

Edit:
    I bet these new aelves would look good in some wuxia or samurai movie inspired paint schemes. Some of the new design elements seem to move away from the ancient Greek, middle eastern inspired design elements to a more Chinese and Japanese looking design, I think.

The Mage's hat for example looks like the over the top fantasy version of the kuroda nagamasa helmet.

honovere on
    My brother is avoiding the hype as he wants to see the Realm Lord book for various things like, Spell casting units! How do they play like the high elves of old {insert type of army} He has a Caledor dragon army, A spearman and archer lead by casters and another I forgot right now, He usually lately follows up on this rant saying the Satyr elves aka Kurnoth are just a pamphlet in beastgrave what about them?

honovere wrote: »

Although it's kinda ridiculous how the model just doesn't stop when you scroll downwards.

On a stone plinth

On a little menhir

On some floating rocks

Over the base.

I appreciate the little details of how its built, like how the cape brushes against the bonsai tree to add a little bit of extra support beyond the bit where the plinth touches the obelisk. Well played, GW.

H9f4bVe.png

On a stone plinth

On a little menhir

On some floating rocks

Over the base.

I appreciate the little details of how its built, like how the cape brushes against the bonsai tree to add a little bit of extra support beyond the bit where the plinth touches the obelisk. Well played, GW.

sadly I feel like Yncarne they will never be able to be put away in a case because it looks super delicate

Brainleech wrote: »

On a stone plinth

On a little menhir

On some floating rocks

Over the base.

sadly I feel like Yncarne they will never be able to be put away in a case because it looks super delicate

They'll need to add more bonsai tree contact points in future iterations.

H9f4bVe.png
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    So does coronavirus stymie gw printing money because people can't play in tournaments, or does it explode because people are trapped in their homes with their hobby and aren't going to paint what they already have?

I've been eyeing seraphon, but I'm just not into skinks and the knights don't look great still(play wise) and thats basically your choices for start collecting.

steam_sig.png
    I have a seraphon army? I know I bought it long ago in a vain attempt to play Warhammer with my brother I just ran into the problem of how do you do the lizardman flesh
    In looking at it I have I think 24 skinks and a bunch of Saurus a hunk of metal Canosaur and random stuff I don't know what they are
    Part of me kind of wants to get the book but part of me just feels painting what I have and leaving it would be better since I might buy other things to fix that army

So does coronavirus stymie gw printing money because people can't play in tournaments, or does it explode because people are trapped in their homes with their hobby and aren't going to paint what they already have?

I've been eyeing seraphon, but I'm just not into skinks and the knights don't look great still(play wise) and thats basically your choices for start collecting.

People on lustria online are saying the new saurus warriors and knights are extremely good gameplay wise. Incan try to find the thread when I get home but apparently they are very good for their points costs.

edited March 2020
    I preordered the seraphon book and datacards as I'm probably going to buy some kits this fall.

I'm having a hard time keeping with the whole "until the fall" thing..... I rully want to paint some dinos.

I also really hope the "Saurus being good" is actually a thing, as I really don't like playing horde armies and don't really want to have to field 90 skinks to have a decent army.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Khraul wrote: »
    I preordered the seraphon book and datacards as I'm probably going to buy some kits this fall.

I'm having a hard time keeping with the whole "until the fall" thing..... I rully want to paint some dinos.

I also really hope the "Saurus being good" is actually a thing, as I really don't like playing horde armies and don't really want to have to field 90 skinks to have a decent army.

Well... Saurus are kinda horde light. Fewer than skinks for sure but you aren't like brutes or liberators.

90 pts for 10 Saurus warriors with a max size points bonus.

This is still acceptable

Mostly because it'll be padding for all my big dinos.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    This sounds promising. Grabbing like 2-3 start collecting seraphons has been a low key goal for a bit.

Anyone want to buy painted 1k nighthaunt or 2k+ pestilens(with additional nurgle allies)?

steam_sig.png
    Khraul wrote: »
    This is still acceptable

Mostly because it'll be padding for all my big dinos.

You could do the 8 STEGADONS* list that is up on the Warhammer community website as well.

*Contains at least 1 bastiladon.

This discussion has been closed.