As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tekken and Other Fighting Games That Aren't Tekken, I Guess (digital karate simulations)

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    There's Gatling style combos and quite a few that utilize 1frame links that I'm less a fan of

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    ladiva seems to just kill you for getting touched at all with the way ex headbutt works. you can do the 2nd followup but not the 3rd as a combo extender and in the corner you can keep going

does ladiva have any good tools for getting in i dont know about (does lariat have armor or something) or is it the grappler curse

apparently headbutt can crush projectiles thats something

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Beezel wrote: »
    There's Gatling style combos and quite a few that utilize 1frame links that I'm less a fan of

Are there actually 1f links in the game? I'm pretty sure there's an input buffer, I think a pretty lenient one.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    One struggle I have with Ladiva right now is dealing with grab protection. You can't immediately command grab people when they get up, so you need to use a normal attack to beat someone mashing buttons.

• Options
    WobblefootWobblefoot Registered User regular
    How well do anime fighters typically sell/last on Steam? Really wanna pick up GBFVS, just hoping it'll have some legs.

• Options
    alright lowain is starting to click, i think i just had to use robot a lot more than i was as a pressure tool

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Capcom did some shuffling

Ono went from:
    • Corporate Officer
    • Deputy Head of eSports Business Division
    • General Manager of Management Department 2

to now just:
    • eSports Executive Producer

so that's the end of Street Fighter for Ono aside from being a mouthpiece

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I have not played a fighting game in over six months and am giving Granblue a shot. Who should I start with?

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I have not played a fighting game in over six months and am giving Granblue a shot. Who should I start with?

The only character I don't recommend starting with is Narmaya, or maybe Metera. Ferry's got some tricky stuff, but I think new people can pick her up anyway and still do pretty well.

You can't go wrong with Gran.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Gran or Katalina because they're basically the same character.

Charlotta if you want to button mash and still get wins.

Not Vaseraga, as he requires the most work that is inapplicable to the rest of the cast, imo.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

bruh

It's one thing to cancel something a few weeks out, even only a week out, but this was literally tomorrow.

The health and safety concerns feel a bit suspect when everyone has already been through the airports anyways, purely a last minute CYA move dropped at the worst possible time.

At least they're going to cover hotel/plane ticket costs, but, jesus, what a shitshow.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POofbl4jfZA

Trailer for the Rest of Season one since Sony leaked the last character. Not much footage since they are still unfinished.

Soriz looks like "Old Man punches everyone" so I am interested.

Djeeta is a Gran clone.

Zooey has a group of dragon friends.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Turning the game's Ken into a season one DLC character is a bold move.

Doubly so considering there's already a Ken in the game.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Turning the game's Ken into a season one DLC character is a bold move.

Doubly so considering there's already a Ken in the game.

If there's already a Ken, then wouldn't that make her the game's Sakura?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    The only thing they said about Zooey is that she has a Wyvern Guage that let's her use her dragon to attack.

That... kinda sounds like a puppet character? I would be really excited if Zooey ended up as the busted ArcSys puppet character in this game.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i think the jury's out on how much djeeta is a clone, but they certainly are playing into the idea given the trailer is just cut to show them clashing with similar moves

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I keep reading Djeeta as Deeja and now want an Elder Scrolls fighting game

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    punchman i will probably buy and play if he's better than lowain, not so much the rest

these days i really only buy fighting game dlc if i plan to use them or its a crossover game like mvc or smash since thats the entire point

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Politics in my e-sports? That's a banning.

Oh wait, he didn't say anything about China, carry along.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    nothing but respect for my president

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

Chipp Zanuff?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

Chipp Zanuff?

Pete Zaroll.

• Options
    G

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Michael Wilson

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Chipp Zanuff?

Pete Zaroll.

That just makes me think of the old Lewis Black bit about presidents:
    In my lifetime, we've gone from a Dwight Eisenhower to a George W Bush, and from a John Kennedy to a Bill Clinton. And if that's progress, then I have a candidate I'm going to nominate in a few years. His name is Phil O'dendron. He's inoffensive, doesn't ask for much, just a little water and a little shade, and he'll get the Irish vote.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i support all the precautions taken but it is a real shame that probably the most interesting FGC spectator season in years is probably going to be cut in half or worse by coronvirus

PROBABLY the best season of SFV, definitely the best season of DBFZ... new granblu.... damn

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Power Rangers is a blast to watch, but hasn't gotten a lot of traction unfortunately.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    are people playing Granblue with sticks or regular controllers

I've been trying to play with my RAP4 but it feels like they really want you to just use a dualshock, plus it's been interacting with my stick weirdly, like the square and x buttons will just stop working until I change the control scheme and then it'll recognize them again

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Light Medium Heavy Special
    Unique [Nothing] [Nothing] Guard

Is what I'm using.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Games with a block button are usually designed around pads, but I've been doing fine on stick.

• Options
    I'm using

Light Med [no] Special
    Unique Heavy [no] Block

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    I'm playing this one on pad (hori fighting commander)

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I'm having that experience where I have a character I think is really fun to play but I don't do nearly as well with them

Zeta is so fun! she's got a Ducktales cane bounce! I can do WAY better with like, everyone else

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Now all they need is Ghost Rider and they have a triumvirate.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So dang, this Coronavirus thing my have a bigger effect than I originally thought.

Lot of tourney organizers are saying without the money from ticket revenue it'd leave them tens of thousands in debt with what they have to pay for all the preparations said events took.

Not sure how that'll end up but it could mean a lot of grassroots stuff just ups and disappears.

You would think there would be some protections against this stuff but yay capitalism I guess.

• Options
    so I can't tell if I'm actually kinda locked in and okay at Granblue (not likely) or the AI is just tuned very easy (extremely likely) but I found myself having to move the difficulty up to the hardest right away to be challenged even a little bit in arcade mode

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.