As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Song by AURORA

Sian2001Sian2001 Registered User regular
I really, really hope someone can help me with this.

So there’s a song by AURORA that I used to listen to, I haven’t heard it in so long and it slipped into the back of my mind and I haven’t thought about it in so long, until yesterday. I listened to another song by AURORA called “It Happened Quiet” and realised that the first few seconds of the song was extremely similar to the last few seconds of this song I’d forgotten (if that makes sense. I immediately began racking my brains to remember this song, the lyrics or a title or anything, but all I can remember is the last few seconds of it. It sounds like a harp, with AURORA vocalising in the background - then the song finishes. I’ve gone through every single song she’s made - and it isn’t any of them at all. I have a feeling that it is still there (on YouTube for example) I just can’t find it because I don’t know where to begin or how to search for it. I wondered if anyone would know what song I’m referring to or maybe someone would be willing to listen to “It Happened Quiet”, as maybe the intro of it would remind someone of the song I’m thinking of if they’ve possibly heard it. Any help would be so gratefully received - I’m going out of my mind trying to remember the song. Thank you

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    It's funny you asked this because I just watched Frozen 2 last week and it's in my head. I don't really know anything about AURORA beyond that, but I'd be interested to know what you find. :)

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    @ceres she’s amazing, you should check out some of her other stuff!! I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. x

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Having the end of one song sound like the lead in to another song is a typical way to theme an album, so I bet it is something off the same album. It's likely the track just before in the listing. But not necessarily.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infections_of_a_Different_Kind_(Step_1)

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    It’s not on that album unfortunately, the thing is I’m sure I’d recognise the title of the song as soon as I saw it and none of the songs I’ve seen/heard are the right one, which leads me to think it may have been deleted/privatised. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment and do research 😊

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Given the genre, perhaps it was a remix or that sort of thing.

Or perhaps off the follow up Step 2.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Sadly it isn’t on Step 2 either, and it doesn’t seem to be a remix - I’m just not recognising the titles for the songs I’m seeing and I’m sure that if it was the right one I’d recognise the title in a heartbeat. x

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    You might just need to listen through everything, if you haven't. I've definitely had things come up where "I will definitely recognize the title/name if I hear it!" and in the end, no, I didn't, and it ended up in the last place I would have thought to look.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    UPDATE

I finally remembered the song! It’s by PVRIS not AURORA, which is why I couldn’t find it! It’s called Heaven and the ending of Heaven is so similar to It Happened Quiet. It only took me a few months to remember 😂 it came to me so randomly as well. Thank you to everyone - Take care and stay safe. X