As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Pokémon] Thread! Sword & Shield OUT NOW!!

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I vaguely remember that, once you're in, you can just walk around and catch each letter.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Regular Weezing get. Just have to transfer Mewtwo and I'll have 100% Kanto living dex in Home.

It says I can transfer that Weezing to SWSH, so I might transfer it and crank out a ton of regular Weezings to put up on GTS.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Regular Weezing get. Just have to transfer Mewtwo and I'll have 100% Kanto living dex in Home.

It says I can transfer that Weezing to SWSH, so I might transfer it and crank out a ton of regular Weezings to put up on GTS.

Anything that can be bred in Sword/Shield isn't going to be super valuable

Things that can only be bred in previous generations, and especially when evolved to middle evolutions, carry much more value

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Regular Weezings will probably pull some decent trades as while you CAN get them in SwSh, it's a couple of extra steps that some people would like to skip. If only you could see moves in the GTS before you trade you could bump up that value by giving them Egg Moves like Pain Split.

I just know I've seen a handful, if that, or regular Weezing and they want dumb stuff for them. I put up a Hypno and got a Weezing, so good on that person.

I'm making a bunch of Victrebell right now and have some Bayleef as well.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I put up a Galarian Corsola and somehow got a regular Ponyta, instead of the Galarian Ponyta I wanted.

Is regular Ponyta decent trade fodder?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    I really hope they get some feature parity on Home soon

mobile: look at markings BUT NO TOUCH, make some labels!

Switch: change markings and see label colours BUT NO CREATING OR EDITING OR APPLYING YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE THE NAME

complete madness

I transferred from in from Y earlier and despiting going through ok my pokedex did not update with their entries. When I view the pokémon and hit the dex shortcut it gives me a blank page and 'no entry found in this language' sooo I hope that's temporary

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I put up a Galarian Corsola and somehow got a regular Ponyta, instead of the Galarian Ponyta I wanted.

Is regular Ponyta decent trade fodder?

I believe if you breed that Ponyta *without* holding an Everstone, you’ll get Galar Ponyta eggs.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I just finally got my special magearna for having the living dex, just took 3 weeks and me shifting all my pokemon boxes one to the left?... such a weird bug, but thanks to serebii over on resetera I finally got it sorted

I got mine too. I had to really, REALLY, have the living dex in order (I had three out of sequence), and THEN shift them all one box left and right. (Was ok to select an entire box at once, with the ‘green’ cursor) THEN I had to clear the cache on the mobile app, close and relaunch it.

...just in time for maintenance on Friday which should fix it for everyone.

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Mystery dungeon release's tomorrow and honestly i don't think i'm going to be able to handle waiting for my amazon package to arrive with it.

I played so much Mystery dungeon and i really hope the community for this new release is active and i can't wait to see how the rescue system works on the switch.

edited March 2020
    Can I not breed a regular Weezing in SWSH? Does it need to be holding something to come out regular?

edit: Using an everstone?

edit: Nope. Not that. Boo.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Is there a difference between Galar and non-Galar Koffing?

I took a weezing from GTS and bred koffings and they go to galar form weezing. I'm gonna be starting omega ruby, so maybe I can get them there?

bYf6vNQ.png
  • RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    Someone finally bit on the Zekrom I put up on Home a few days ago, so I got a Zamazenta to finish up my Sword living dex. Now I just need to go back and finish Ultra Sun to get the new ultra beasts and I'll have a full living dex that I can throw together again.

this just in, GF hates me and will never give me a Magearna because I'm me.

camo_sig2.png
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited March 2020

Isn't it being patched today?

In other news, I've lost my Mew :(

I know I had one because I got it from this forum from someone who could clone a legit one with the Emerald dupe glitch. But it's not on my Pearl, Platinum, HG or Black carts so I've no idea what happened to it. I was also pretty sure I had a Deoxys from the same person but no sign of that either.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    edited March 2020
    Rami wrote: »

Isn't it being patched today?

In other news, I've lost my Mew :(

I know I had one because I got it from this forum from someone who could clone a legit one with the Emerald dupe glitch. But it's not on my Pearl, Platinum, HG or Black carts so I've no idea what happened to it. I was also pretty sure I had a Deoxys from the same person but no sign of that either.

I thought I lost a couple things too, but they were chilling in Poke Pelago in SuMo

akjak on
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Did the maintenance happen yesterday? I didn't get a patch

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    yay finally got it
    Rami i can get you your missing mons

camo_sig2.png
    Oh, there's a Cramorant! Haha! I've seen pictures of that with a fish crammed in its throat. Oh, he's diving, guess I'll get to see it for mys OH LORD HE TRIED TO SWALLOW A PIKACHU AND THAT POOR THING IS JUST FLAPPING ITS LIMBS IN PANIC THIS IS HORRIBLE

(and hilarious)

Oh, there's a Cramorant! Haha! I've seen pictures of that with a fish crammed in its throat. Oh, he's diving, guess I'll get to see it for mys OH LORD HE TRIED TO SWALLOW A PIKACHU AND THAT POOR THING IS JUST FLAPPING ITS LIMBS IN PANIC THIS IS HORRIBLE

(and hilarious)

I love that dork bird. I bred a shiny one (omg took forever), and also have a shiny Sirfetch’d.

They are the inseperable pair of Dame Gallant and Sir Goofus.

The best is when Sir Goofus is up against Raihan’s gmax Duraldon. You haven’t lived until you’ve spit a fish at a tower (SPLAT) and knocked it RIGHT OVER.

I have a Cramorant that I'm going to be trying out for my mono-Water team. Gonna try to go with a stall/annoy set and see how it does.

So, when going after Gigantimax Pokemon in raids, they'll be in their Gigantimax form when you fight them, right? Is there an easy way to tell on their summary screens if they have a Gigantimax form? I really want Portal to Hell Gengar and Neighborhood Park Snorlax.

The Shadowed Sprite will be that of the g-max form if it's a g-max raid.

I just had a vision of Gigantamax Cramorant

It's just a regular giant cramorant with a wailord half shoved down his gullet

camo_sig2.png
    Cruor wrote: »

Ah, thanks.

I guess finding the g-max versions takes some effort? I keep running into the normie versions.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »

Ah, thanks.

I guess finding the g-max versions takes some effort? I keep running into the normie versions.

Probably yes. It can help to understand how the raids work. Each den has three possible kinds of raid it can spawn:

Common Raid: This is the normal pink ray of light.
    Rare Raid: The dark purple ray with stuff around it.

The common and rares are set by den, and you can see the percentages on places like Serebii. eg Here's the common and rare versions of one of the dens in the Dappled Grove
    https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/maxraidbattles/den4.shtml
    https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/maxraidbattles/den92.shtml

You'll notice that a lot of gigantamaxes are pretty rare; only having a 5% chance to spawn and even then, only if it rolls a 5* raid. There are ways to get around that though.

But there's also a third kind of raid. Promoted Raids. Those look the same as a common raid and can spawn anywhere, but will be limited to whatever the currently promoted pool of raids are, which changes every few weeks. It's currently this pool, which has a bunch of gigantamax stuff, but only specific types, so you can expect to very likely see a ton of GMax raids of those (relatively speaking), no matter which dens you poke at:
    https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/maxraidbattles/eventden-march2020.shtml

ztrEPtD.gif
    i never really understand the rules but you should get to see a bunch of the raids du jour if you check enough dens
    (and make the dens recharge by beating all active dens)

camo_sig2.png
    Thanks, all.

So it looks like the best way is to just do every raid and hope the respawned ones have a g-max? Does the midnight reset count as a full respawn? (It seems like midnight resets doing generate as many active raids as doing every raid, but I could be wrong.)

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Thanks, all.

So it looks like the best way is to just do every raid and hope the respawned ones have a g-max? Does the midnight reset count as a full respawn? (It seems like midnight resets doing generate as many active raids as doing every raid, but I could be wrong.)

Well, the BEST way to do it is to abuse the bad coding on how raids are spawned, but it is glitch abuse.

There are two glitches you can use, and they work best in tandem.

First, (after saving) when you toss a Wishing Piece in a den to create a raid, it spawns the raid and opens the text box to save it at the same time, but doesn't actually save the game until the text box finishes. If you hit the Home button as soon as you toss the Wishing Piece it, you get a glimpse of the color of the raid before the save occurs. If you want a rare raid, but it rolled a common one, you can close out the game and reopen it and try again without using up a Wishing Piece until you get a rare raid.

Second, there's a clock reset trick. Normally, the game detects when you mess with the clock and won't reset timed stuff like the midnight raid resets or resetting the cafe battles. For whatever reason though, that detection stuff gets turned off while you're in a raid, waiting for people to join (whether or not you're connected to the internet and anybody even can join at all). Once you have a rare (or promoted) raid, you can in effect trip the midnight reset however many times you want by entering the raid, saying "wait for others to join", hitting the Home button and setting the date forward at least a day, and then going back and exiting out of the raid. That will reroll the raid in whatever pool is currently spawned there, as well as all the other daily reset things (eg watts from the den, cafe battles reset, new stuff at the random vendors, etc).

ztrEPtD.gif
    I honestly just keep doing all current raids, this never took too long to get promoted raids. It also gets me a ton of berries, xp candies, watts and money items.
    Now rare and shinies are another thing.

camo_sig2.png
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Might have to do that strat for the rare Ditto. Spent last night going back and forth on Den 66 trying to get the rare to spawn but it never showed up. :(

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Might have to do that strat for the rare Ditto. Spent last night going back and forth on Den 66 trying to get the rare to spawn but it never showed up. :(

I have spare 6iv dittos. Want one?

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »

Yes please. I have a couple of neato old legendaries in HOME if ya want anything. But wait, can we even trade with HOME Pokemon?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    akjak wrote: »

Yes please. I have a couple of neato old legendaries in HOME if ya want anything. But wait, can we even trade with HOME Pokemon?

Mm, not directly. But I don’t really need anything. PM me and we’ll work out a time to trade in SwSh.

damn it why doesn't friend trade just work

camo_sig2.png
    Because they hates us

You may have heard the current max raid event features Pokemon that aren't catchable in your version.

You may not have heard that the rewards are fossils that are rare in your version, and the curry mix that isn't in your version. Halle-damn-luja.

The featured, non-Gmax, max raid Pokemon also are guaranteed to have their hidden ability. This is a good time to get a Zen Mode Darmanitan if you want one.