As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Bad News Gone Right]: 40% chance of "where's the gone right?".

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    Hmm...a gun toting, meth selling weab...you don't see that everyday.

I mean, the anime prop sword is one thing, but I wanna know about the hole punch!

There's TWO hole punches. I'm curious about the radar gun at the top left.

The photo is of the seized property at the police station. I suspect the objects in question belong to the police.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Alicante attracts a certain kind of truly awful British holidaymaker so that story doesn't really surprise me

I lived there as a refugee, so that's hilarious.

steam_sig.png
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »

I mean, the anime prop sword is one thing, but I wanna know about the hole punch!

The photo is of the seized property at the police station. I suspect the objects in question belong to the police.

I know. But I wouldn't be too surprised if someone who had a sword-knife also had a radar gun, so they could kill people with the power of radar.

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »

Well yeah, but it’s way more interesting if they don’t :)

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Bad News: Man acts casually misogynistic towards Girl Scouts selling cookies.

Gone Right: Scouts were having none of it:

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

“my bitches are BACK”

Idk, it's kinda funny.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

“my bitches are BACK”

Idk, it's kinda funny.

I chuckled, but we're also wrong. It can be both.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Im not familiar with Scout culture, does bitches mean something else? Like was he making some type of pun or joke ?

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Nope. He’s just calling a bunch of elementary and middle school girls “bitches.”

It’s pretty disgusting.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    The joke is that's an okay word to use for women in general, hahaha no.
    Just getting told to go away is probably the most likely way to prompt some kind of change for someone like that, attacking them for it would just get them to start defending it.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    PROTIP: When you confuse the police department with a dormitory, you have had enough to drink:
    A male and a female were found in the stairwell and were asked for identification. Asked what they were doing there, the male replied, “We were just kissing.” Officers could see several licenses in his wallet when he was asked for ID and he had a Michigan license.

The officer detected the odor of an alcoholic beverage on his breath. The Michigan license was confirmed as fake.

The female produced a Pennsylvania license. She said she was from Cleveland and a student at Cleveland State.

She reportedly told the officer, “This is kind of embarrassing now that I think about it.” The Pennsylvania license was confirmed as a fake.

The pair were told again they were at the police department and what they had been doing was caught on camera, but she said her friend lived in this dorm and pointed at the police building. They were told again it was the police department and the nearest dorm was blocks away.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    FANTOMAS wrote: »
    Im not familiar with Scout culture, does bitches mean something else? Like was he making some type of pun or joke ?

Bitches can be a term of endearment in certain contexts. eg - "What up bitches?" Sorta like how one might say "What up <n-words>?".

And like that second example, it's something one should be very careful about deploying for the very obvious reason that the meaning you are trying to convey is not necessary what is being received by people hearing it. Context, familiarity, who you are and who they are, etc all matter a lot.

The guy in question clearly stepped in it big time and the Girl Scout in question handled it beautifully.

shryke on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Interesting article on Cracked today. Figured it should be shared.

It's old bad news gone right.
    https://www.cracked.com/article_27190_5-satisfying-follow-ups-to-famous-scandals.html

My favorite story is Michael Vick's pit bulls, most of them responded to treatment so well that multiple states rewrote their laws regarding automatically putting down confiscated fighting dogs.
    The experts feared they'd meet hell-beasts with thousand-yard-stares and a hankering for toddler flesh. If just a few could be saved, they'd call it a win, so they must have done a victory lap featuring a rousing rendition of "We Are The Champions" when it turned out that 47 would need nothing more than some gentle rehab to become productive members of society. Some even found jobs as therapy animals as well as badass names, like Jonny Justice here. He helped little kids learn to read.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    All dogs are good dogs.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

https://www.cracked.com/article_27190_5-satisfying-follow-ups-to-famous-scandals.html

My favorite story is Michael Vick's pit bulls, most of them responded to treatment so well that multiple states rewrote their laws regarding automatically putting down confiscated fighting dogs.
    The experts feared they'd meet hell-beasts with thousand-yard-stares and a hankering for toddler flesh. If just a few could be saved, they'd call it a win, so they must have done a victory lap featuring a rousing rendition of "We Are The Champions" when it turned out that 47 would need nothing more than some gentle rehab to become productive members of society. Some even found jobs as therapy animals as well as badass names, like Jonny Justice here. He helped little kids learn to read.

In other Bad News, Gone Right, TIL that Cracked still exists and is putting out new content, when I thought it went defunct after it collapsed a year or so ago!

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    see317 wrote: »

In other Bad News, Gone Right, TIL that Cracked still exists and is putting out new content, when I thought it went defunct after it collapsed a year or so ago!

They crowdsource a lot more crap from their readers than they used to, but I mean, even the Escapist survived its few years as, "One guy writing a ton of Gamergate/MRA crap and also Zero Punctuation is still a thing." When editors aren't just lighting the building on fire on their way out it does take a lot to actually put a once-and-for-all end to an internet publication.

Hevach on
    edited March 2020
    It Came From Twitter, Bad Sex Stories Edition:

The thread just gets...more from here.

Edit: Let me just say that this one...yikes:

I do hope the bed had a good time.

AngelHedgie on
    We regret to inform you that Florida Cow is on the loose:
    The Pembroke Pines Police Department said Wednesday the animal has been spotted near Interstate 75 in southern Broward County. Somehow it has eluded capture since late January.

The police department put out a tweet: “Wanted: Unknown Cow. Description: Female cow. Brown with a white head. Faster than it looks. Talented fence jumper. Enjoys pools."

Police also say the cow is guilty of “MOOving violations, uddering false checks, and fleeing and eluding police.”

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    We regret to inform you that Florida Cow is on the loose:
    The Pembroke Pines Police Department said Wednesday the animal has been spotted near Interstate 75 in southern Broward County. Somehow it has eluded capture since late January.

The police department put out a tweet: “Wanted: Unknown Cow. Description: Female cow. Brown with a white head. Faster than it looks. Talented fence jumper. Enjoys pools."

Police also say the cow is guilty of “MOOving violations, uddering false checks, and fleeing and eluding police.”

Gotta milk those bovine puns.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Maybe for once we should steer clear of puns

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

Yeah, I mean there is nothing new here. We've seen all this bull before.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

Yeah, I mean there is nothing new here. We've seen all this bull before.

You have some kind of beef with puns?

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    If anyone has the chops for puns when the steaks are this high, it's the PA forums.

At least until we run it into the ground. Maybe we should come round and stop before we're too tired to chuck any more puns.

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    We've herd it all be(e)fore.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    What's a gentle ribbing between friends? None of us minds being the rump of a well-done pun. It's rare to top how far into the ground we'll drive the entire thread over it though.

Don't have a cow!

Orca on
    This thread is descending into a game of silly burgers.

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    This thread is descending into a game of silly burgers.

You win or you fry?

• AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Maybe we should all just moove on.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Cud you all just give it a rest?

steam_sig.png
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

I'm trying to ketchup on the thread. Could you just say what's your beef now?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited March 2020

Not until we've chewed through the entire batch

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    You guys are really going to milk this one for all it's worth, eh.

sig.gif
    Richy wrote: »

Butter strap in for the long haul.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    But it's churning the thread so much. I thought we wanted the cream of the bad news. At least we're not wheyting for things to happen. We're actively casein the joint for bad moos!

• RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »

Butter strap in for the long haul.

Don't worry, I'm ready to grab the bull by the horns.

sig.gif
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    If people don't like puns then does this constitute cyber bullion?

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    If people don't like puns then does this constitute cyber bullion?

No, that when you make beef stock in Cook, Serve, Delicious!

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Something something milk something hoof something something leather.

Edit: glue

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Forar wrote: »
    Edit: glue

For some reason, this is where I lost it :lol:

Calica on
This discussion has been closed.