As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    okay I need to take a moment to express my love for a Leaf that is only just starting to get the appreciation he deserves: Award-Winning Children's Author (seriously) Zachary Hyman

That's 3 scoring chances, while forechecking alone, shorthanded, in OT. Dude is goddamn relentless, every night, every shift.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Also last night or night before: Panaren gave a fan a stick at warmups for a toy for his dog

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Also last night or night before: Panaren gave a fan a stick at warmups for a toy for his dog

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    okay I need to take a moment to express my love for a Leaf that is only just starting to get the appreciation he deserves: Award-Winning Children's Author (seriously) Zachary Hyman

That's 3 scoring chances, while forechecking alone, shorthanded, in OT. Dude is goddamn relentless, every night, every shift.

Young Darren Helm approves.

(Also Hyman's been doing that stuff since he was at Michigan)

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    Well, I should say since his junior year at Michigan where he went from reliable third line forward to unstoppable machine that dug pucks out of corners and drove the net.

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Corona virus starting to impact sports. The Sharks are banned from having games with fans in attendance for a while. Major sports leagues in North America have banned locker room access for media.

Also, Austrian and German hockey leagues have just shut down their seasons.

:so_raven:
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Coronavirus is just like the flu. It's also starting to win hockey championships

NHL says they are monitoring what is going on with the NBA and will update again tomorrow. Got a feeling they might follow suit and temporarily suspend games as well.

Golbert is the nba player with the virus who thought it was funny to touch all the mic’s and recorders at a media session a day or two ago.

There’s no way the NHL should not shut down. The amount of spitting, snorting and bleeding on each other players due in hockey is too risky.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Yeah, rumor has it they may cancel the rest of the season and plan to go straight to playoffs at a date TBD.

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    I mean, its not like the NHL has very recent experience with communicable diseases or anything

sidney-crosby.jpg

• JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Morning skates all canceled and the league is making an announcement at 1pm EST.

LeBrun says that officials have been told to book flights home.

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Season postponed until June with summer playoffs is the mumbling around HQ I'm hearing right now.

It's official. Just a vague mention of them trying to finish the season and playoffs when appropriate, but we will see how long this plays out.

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I mean, its not like the NHL has very recent experience with communicable diseases or anything

sidney-crosby.jpg

Have no clue who or what this was in reference to. Explain?

50433.png?1708759015
    Crosby giving a press conference about how he does not have the mumps and there is no need to worry about him getting the mumps while clearly visibly having the mumps

And immediately afterwards being diagnosed with the mumps and missing a few games

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    So does this also push back the draft, or will that happen the same time as the third round of playoffs?

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    🤷‍♂️

Someone said they did the draft over the phone in 1979, which is an option they can explore if this is still bad by then

The Dallas stars are waiting for a coronavirus test kit for Alexander radulov, said he's been sick for two weeks

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    I don't think any league has any details for what they're going to other than "postpone everything until it's safe". Everyone is flying by the seat of their pants.

Request thread title change from "Season suspended" to "Season fined the maximum amount allowed under the CBA"

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I'm just taking this as a positive. Teams get to rest up a bit(a lot), and those injured may be healthy if/when the season picks back up, barring any weird rules like 'can only have those that were healthy when this went in to effect' type clause.

50433.png?1708759015
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Request thread title change from "Season suspended" to "Season fined the maximum amount allowed under the CBA"
    Done

I had almost went with “Season out indefinitely with UBI”.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    That's also very good!

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Unidentified Butt Injury?

Crosby giving a press conference about how he does not have the mumps and there is no need to worry about him getting the mumps while clearly visibly having the mumps

And immediately afterwards being diagnosed with the mumps and missing a few games

That ended up being funny because:

1. Mumps wasn’t that serious an infection in the grand scheme of things
    2. It made Sidney Crosby’s face puff out like that
    3. Mumps is a funny word

Unidentified Butt Injury?
    Upper Body Injury

Admittedly, it would have been a little more on the nose on an Avs forum since those assholes only ever list Upper Body and Lower Body without getting into details. Colin Wilson has missed nearly the entire season and nobody really knows why.

• AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    EBI.

Entire Body Injury.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    https://ilitchnewshub.com/2020/03/ilitch-holdings-inc-commits-1-million-to-support-part-time-event-colleagues/

Ilitch Holdings has set up a $1m fund to cover a month's worth of wages for all their part-time staff

that's pretty rad

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Aridhol wrote: »
    EBI.

Entire Body Injury.

ESI

Entire Species Injury

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »

That ended up being funny because:

1. Mumps wasn’t that serious an infection in the grand scheme of things
    2. It made Sidney Crosby’s face puff out like that
    3. Mumps is a funny word

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYtJSpH4aUY

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Sometimes the twitter comments are actually good:
    "How is gritty better at this than the President?"

LD50 wrote: »
    Sometimes the twitter comments are actually good:
    "How is gritty better at this than the President?"

Well one is a fat orange asshole th...

Ah, nevermind

• Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    Sometimes I read things from the official Gritty and they feel weird and tonally off, then I remember that Comrade Gritty is not the official Gritty.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Comrade Gritty?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
This discussion has been closed.