As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

His shipping numbers are amazing! New comics!

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2006
    Manifest wrote:
    DC

52 Week #30 $2.50

Marvel

Captain America Vol 5 #24 $2.99
    Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #14 $2.99
    Immortal Iron Fist #1 $2.99
    Stan Lee Meets Dr Doom $3.99
    Ultimate Power #2 $2.99
    X-Men Vol 2 #193 $2.99

Black Panther is officially the first Civil War tie-in I haven't bought.

DJ Eebs on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Is the Civil War going to ruin the Marvel Universe's Christmas? There're usually a few winter holiday specials, but seeing how half of the Marvel roster is being hunted like dogs...

robosagogo on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Is the Civil War going to ruin the Marvel Universe's Christmas? There're usually a few winter holiday specials, but seeing how half of the Marvel roster is being hunted like dogs...

I am pretty sure continuity is a pretty rubbery thing in the marvel universe

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Iron Fist is awesome. I love the idea of a comic that can have some cool corporate takeover stuff going, Aja's art is amazing and very similar to Maleev's Daredevil work, with a few cool little stylistic things going on, Danny Rand comes off as just enough of a badass to be believable, and the writing is great; great pacing, great dialogue, just great. A+

Nextwave always makes me laugh. This entire issue was worth it just for the Machine Man segment. The Captain also got some surprising depth, and Immonen showed off some of his impressive and varied styles, even doing a very convincing Mignola impression. A

52 was alright, but kind of boring. I understand we needed to check in with the Bat-family, but I really prefer seeing all the C-list guys and girls of the DCU. Pretty art though, and the Question/Montoya bits were sort of tender and heartfelt. I'm sort of bummed out that someone else came up with a use for a certain obscure character pre-CoIE character though, as I always had what I felt was a neat take on that dude. Ah well. B Duncan Rouleau, who does fill-ins and covers on Blue Beetle, also did an outstanding job on a Metal Men back-up. I'd so buy a Metal Men book that had him doing art of that quality. Unfortunately, he seems to go from really good to really bad at the drop of a hat. Still, A for the back-up.

A new issue of Aquaman also came out hot on the heels of the last one. This one was a big flashback issue showing how Orin and King Shark first met, and while it was good for what it was, I'd have preferred a story set in the present, or at least a flashback wrapped up in one issue, not stretched into two. B+ though. Good for what it is, but if you're only interested in Arthur's adventures, don't bother.

Oh, and how was Spider-Man Family? I really wanted to buy it for Skottie Young's art, but I'll be goddamned if I'm paying five bucks for a bunch of reprinted content, and a little slice of what I actually want to read.

Munch on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    The place here, by our house did not get new comics in because UPS is gay.

Totally gay.

Like biggest fagmos in the universe gay.

Goddammit.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Holy Shit.

On another forum something was pointed out to me. Mandrakes and Ostrander's run on Batman starts, and Legacy comes out along with Duursema's art on that. And Mandrake and Duursema are married to each other.

Weird.

Bloods End on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    The place here, by our house did not get new comics in because UPS is gay.

Totally gay.

Like biggest fagmos in the universe gay.

Goddammit.

fuckin' nonstraights.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    so amazon totally delivered me a huge package yesterday containing -
    Absolute New Frontier
    Y: The Last Man TP Vol 8
    Justice League Season 2
    Justice League: Unlimited Season 1

It was like a geekgasm of the highest magnitude as a few days before i had just bought
    Girls TP Vol 3
    Nextwave HC Vol 1
    Batman/Superman TP Vol 3

I can not recommend Y enough, it keeps getting better and better. Also I'm really really enjoying Girls, the Luna Bros are great.

Finally, Absolute New Frontier looks freaking amazing on the shelf next to Absolute Hush and Absolute Dark Knight.

Mmm mm DC, I love you so much.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Nextwave #10 and Immortal Iron Fist #1

I was more than pleased.

Skullo on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    not that it's new, but i just got absolute watchmen for thirty bucks straight up and it's going on display next to coie and new frontier

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Action Comics (yeah, its not on this weeks list, so it must be from last week, but I just got it yesterday):

[spoiler:56b7b663e4]ZOD!!!!!!!! [/spoiler:56b7b663e4]

Hensler on
  • Dollarsign42Dollarsign42 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Wow, did anyone else find Wolverine Enemy of the State depressing?

Dollarsign42 on
    edited December 2006

I find the fact that I cant find it anywhere depressing.

Hensler on
  • Dollarsign42Dollarsign42 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hensler wrote:

I find the fact that I cant find it anywhere depressing.

I got the last issue at my comic shop, like I said though it's kind of brought me down.

Dollarsign42 on
    edited December 2006
    If you really want a depressing What If?, then try to find a copy of Ruins. It's got multiple amputee Quicksilver, junkie Rick Jones, and a Kree concentration camp.

robosagogo on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited December 2006
    How come nobody's talking about how awesome the first issue of Onslaught Reborn was? Is everyone keeping them polybagged to preserve their value?

DMAC on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So, uh, how about BP #22? Anyone? Anyone? :lol:

Seriously, I liked this issue, but it was not as good as last month's. I did like the political shenanigans and maneuvering, but the conflict felt a bit forced. The US government's little games were funny (trying to arrest the Queen fo Wakanda? What the hell?). However, Tony was definitely his CW dickish self. I'm not too familiar with Jim Rhodes, so someone else will have to tell me how well he was characterized. The fight between Iron Man and BP at least made sense, and you could definitely tell that T'Challa was overmatched (anyone would be if they were suddenly surrounded by a gang of Iron Men). Overall, 7/10. I'm looking forward to the next two issues to see how this CW thing plays out for the alliance that T'Challa is spearheading.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It sucked!

I haven't seen it yet but I'm probably right.

Scooter on
    edited December 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    It sucked!

I haven't seen it yet but I'm probably right.

:roll:

Hudlin gets a lot of flak for playing up race in BP and this issue will certainly not diminish that argument. There was a funny part where he showed the differences between two different newscasts of T'Challa and Storm's visit to the White House. There was a big group of mostly black people outside the White House with signs welcoming BP. One of the newscasts made it sound like it was damn near a riot, complete with talking to a police captain who warned people to stay away "for their safety". Meanwhile, the other newscast made it sound like the crowd was there to see a celebrity and to show their support. My first reaction was "ain't that the truth". My second reaction was that it made sense, seeing as how the US government was actively trying to undermine T'Challa.

But, yeah, I imagine that, if you're not a fan of the book at this point, this one probably won't bring you into the fold. It does dovetail pretty nicely into the CW storyline, though.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited December 2006
    So I found Enemy of the State. Cool book, but they seem to have forgotten that
    [spoiler:18cad16277]Kitty can't phase through adamnatium. At least she couldn't when she was fighting Sabertooth [/spoiler:18cad16277]

Hensler on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    [spoiler:be4fdd75ba]She can phase through anything, she just has to focus harder, and it'll probably hurt. See: Astonishing X-Men. If she was willing to lose her hand, she was probably willing to take the pain.[/spoiler:be4fdd75ba]

Scooter on
  • Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    DMAC wrote:
    How come nobody's talking about how awesome the first issue of Onslaught Reborn was? Is everyone keeping them polybagged to preserve their value?

I couldn't suppress my deranged laughter when I saw the Turner cover variant. It was just impossible.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
    edited December 2006
    DMAC wrote:

I couldn't suppress my deranged laughter when I saw the Turner cover variant. It was just impossible.

Wait - they did a Turner variant of a Liefeld cover? I'm thinking that may actually be worth something in a few years. Hmmm...

Hensler on
    edited December 2006
    Hensler wrote:
    DMAC wrote:

Wait - they did a Turner variant of a Liefeld cover? I'm thinking that may actually be worth something in a few years. Hmmm...

wizarduniverse_1927_362568100.jpg

I actually kind of want one. It makes me think that someone at Marvel actually gets it.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
    edited December 2006
    Wow, that doesn't look as shitty as I imagined. I'm the sure the actual book is complete ass, but that's not horrible.

Hensler on
    edited December 2006
    Guys, who is this Turner fellow that keeps drawing comic covers? If his covers are so hot, why isn't he doing interiors? Also, why the hate for his work?

wwtMask on
    edited December 2006
    wwtMask wrote:
    Guys, who is this Turner fellow that keeps drawing comic covers? If his covers are so hot, why isn't he doing interiors? Also, why the hate for his work?

This is Michael Turner. Marvel pays him a lot for covers. He probably makes more money doing covers than interiors. The hate for his work is because his knowledge of anatomy and coloring are as lacking as his line quality and expressions (read: very lacking). His only saving grace is an above-average sense of eye-catching composition.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
    edited December 2006
    I dont like him because I actually tried to read Fathom once. His work doesn't really bother me in the way that Leifeld's does.

And I bought Onslaught Reborn at lunch today. Anybody want to take a guess at how awesome it is?

Hensler on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    How was the Batman/Spirit crossover? Cooke's usually a slam dunk, but Loeb, combined with an urge to save money to spend on Christmas gifts, kept me from picking it up.

Munch on
    edited December 2006
    Munch wrote:
    How was the Batman/Spirit crossover? Cooke's usually a slam dunk, but Loeb, combined with an urge to save money to spend on Christmas gifts, kept me from picking it up.

I might've just had awesome comics fatigue from all of the other books that day, but I haven't been able to finish it yet. It's fun, I guess. Kind of silly and kiddy.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Zombies vs. Robots looks awesome. The ending was spectacular.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited December 2006
    Munch wrote:

It was better than Onslaught Reborn, but not as good as Immortal Iron Man.

Hensler on
    edited December 2006
    Holy fuck, Ultimate Power #2 was filled with all kinds of awesome. Immortal Iron Fist was also awesome. John Woo's 7 Brothers has reaffirmed its right to be on my pull list with a great 2nd issue. You guys should really check it out.

If you're thinking of taking a pass on Zombies vs. Robots, I don't think you'll miss too much there. It wasn't bad just...well, I wanted more Zombies fighting robots. A lot more.

wwtMask on
    edited December 2006
    My copy of Absolute New Frontier came today!

FUCK YES!

IT IS THE BEST THING EVER.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    My copy of Absolute New Frontier came today!

FUCK YES!

IT IS THE BEST THING EVER.

I can't read mine until Christmas :(

But I can mess with the Justice League Madlibs that'll be here

Garlic Bread on
    edited December 2006
    I hope the Dong League can put their Dongs together to save Dong City from Dong Luthor's giant, radioactive Dong in time.

robosagogo on
    edited December 2006
    Munch wrote:

I enjoyed it a lot. I can't wait for Cooke's Spirit to launch.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    Did anyone pick up Flash #6?

Newsarama said [spoiler:edeaf459d8]it reveals the other Earth[/spoiler:edeaf459d8].

Garlic Bread on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Did anyone pick up Flash #6?

Newsarama said [spoiler:d0a9e69b8c]it reveals the other Earth[/spoiler:d0a9e69b8c].

[spoiler:d0a9e69b8c]Basically, Bart was telling the story about what happened when team Flash pushed SBP into the Speedforce.

"We were in Keystone..on another Earth...with that worlds Jay Garrick", who was basically a muscled up looking guy, with a black suit and gold thunderbolt and helmet.

Jay tried to stop SBP from escaping with the Monitor Armor and get back to Earth but couldn't...so blah blah, Wally gives Bart a ring with Barry's suit, and Bart chases after SBP.

But since this takes place during IC, in which multiple earths were present, it doesn't count. [/spoiler:d0a9e69b8c]

Wasn't too bad of an issue surprisingly.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited December 2006
    I'd say it was the best issue yet from the new Flash series.

edit: Not that that's saying much

Hensler on