As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

If it's blue, it must be MEGA MAN(-esque)!

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    The Mega Man twitter is very bad at memes, please clap

Could take a lesson from the Sonic Twitter.

Except the Sonic twitter made this SAME exact meme joke like, one day before.

Except it used an actual cheat, though.

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    skeldare wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    The Mega Man twitter is very bad at memes, please clap

Could take a lesson from the Sonic Twitter.

Except the Sonic twitter made this SAME exact meme joke like, one day before.

Except it used an actual cheat, though.

The Sonic one was definitely the best, but considering other examples of this meme I've seen in the last day or so it's still in the top 50%.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    In case some of y'all haven't heard:

Discussion of the system and the rest of the lineup is over here.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    In case some of y'all haven't heard:

Discussion of the system and the rest of the lineup is over here.

I just saw the Video Game Historian on this game and how you couldn't play it without a reproduction cartridge or without getting the terrible European framerate. Good timing!

There's also the Japanese version, with the caveat that it's in Japanese.

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    edited June 2019
    LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    There’s a megaman 1-11 relay today.

www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    edited June 2019
    This has to be seen:
    Cancelled Mega Man Star Force 4 Concept Art and Story Details
    Apparently the game was going to be "more tonally mature" and featured an older version of Geo teaming up with a descendant of Lan Hikari as outlaw hackers.

So now we know there were at least five Mega Man games in development around 2010 that were canceled: Mega Man Universe, Mega Man Online, Mega Man Legends 3, Maverick Hunter X, and Mega Man Star Force 4.

Hexmage-PA on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Thanks Inafune.

uyvfOQy.png
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I really wish I liked Gunvolt, since it seems like it wants to be the successor to Megaman. Inticreates does good work but I just bounce right off these games. The mechanics always seem to be the result of a discussion where someone decided jumping and shooting just wasn't good enough anymore.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I really wish I liked Gunvolt, since it seems like it wants to be the successor to Megaman. Inticreates does good work but I just bounce right off these games. The mechanics always seem to be the result of a discussion where someone decided jumping and shooting just wasn't good enough anymore.

Gunvolt himself is garbage and slow to play with. The other characters behave like you want.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I feel like that's one thing MN9 did better than Gunvolt: shooting to stun and then melee to finish. Dashing towards something to melee it, then having to shoot it to finish it off just feels really backwards and counter-intuitive.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Genuinely surprised no one has said word one about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_edzb7hbEg

More videos:

And plenty more information can be found here, but the quick gist is that this is a Mega Man X game being developed by Capcom Taiwan for iOS and Android devices for their market, with a worldwide release to come after. Lots of playable characters, including X, Zero, Vile, Alia, Marino, Pallette, and variations such as Command Mission X, as you go through levels that mix and mash up various odd combinations, like the boss of the X3 intro stage in the X1 intro stage setting, as seen above.

I'd be more excited if I could play it on something other than my phone, but it does look cool.

Tablets?

Hoping for a Switch port, though, since that one device greatly resembles one.

So its basically Xtreme 3?

I saw it, but it's hard to get excited about Asia-exclusive mobile games.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Yeah, Asia-specific development is weird. Western/Japanese devs make Asia-exclusive games all the time now, and most of the time they never come out anywhere else. But hey, maybe this one will be different.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293

Supposedly it's going to be released worldwide.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Mega Man Zero/ZX Collection coming to consoles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsD-ZJrjEEc

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    And that's another thing that was basically teased and never came about - a ZX3.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    I'm honestly pretty surprised to see ZX getting some love.

Now that rules. The Zero series was consistently good, even if the stories were utter nonsense. But it really requires immersion - I've found that if I randomly start one these days I'm terrible at it, when I used to be so good. The controls are just... I'm not sure how to describe it. Overly precise? Unforgiving? Like, if you're trying to use the chain grapple to swing over a pit, there's very little room for error.

This actually reminded me to go check up on Gravity Circuit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WRajpp1YrQ

The framing is ridiculous, the navigator's voice hurts to listen to, and the "yeah, I get it" factor is off the charts.

It does look and sound great, and there's a lot of neat stuff, but it just doesn't look fun to play. Watch the second go through the highway stage with the rifle. See how often he shoots the ground or gets hit? A game like this needs tactile, digital controls.

If there's enough controller support that I can use one with my phone, I'll be kinda excited about this. Otherwise I'll probably give up after an hour.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I'm sure most everybody has seen that Egoraptor video on the hidden design brilliance of the highway stage, teaching you every single game mechanic without saying a word.

This game seems almost like an intentional parody of that, doing almost literally the exact opposite of everything pointed out.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Oh, just noticed no one posted in here about this yet:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcFF2-N9HBc

(very very end of the video - around 48:00 or so)

Freaking Dragalia Lost x Mega Man crossover event coming in December. Heck yes!

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I asked this over in the Switch thread, but this might be a better place for it. I noticed There's a new Gunvolt game, Luminous Avenger. It looks really cool, but I'm worried about having the same issue I had with the first Gunvolt. Basically it was an easy game with a harsh scoring system.

When I went for a good score, I got frustrated because it's all about not taking damage and playing perfectly. But when I ignored the scoring and focused on just playing, it felt too easy. Like the enemies and combat were of no real consequence. The only danger they seem to pose is breaking my score streak.

Whoops, just replied to you over there, but since there weren't details, I'll just pick it up here.

Hm, I'd say this is mostly similar, though there are some difficulty spikes here and there.

It all comes down to Prevasion. Turn that off, and I'll bet you'll find a more challenging time. I'd have to go back and check to be certain, but I'm pretty sure that's the case in all of them.

That said, you'll probably be better off for it if you can master it that way. Those spikes in difficulty I mentioned? Most of them come from basically teaching you to use it throughout the game, then suddenly saying "that thing we taught you to do the last ten stages? That don't work no more."

So if you're good enough to get by without it, you'll probably hit less of a wall than I did.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    https://www.siliconera.com/mega-man-x-esque-roguelike-30xx-is-a-full-sequel-to-fan-favorite-20xx/

20XX was fantastic enough to look beyond the flash-animation style artwork, and it looks like 30XX has fixed that.

• OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Mega Man Zero/ZX collection out today! I only ever played the first of these games, so I’m excited to dive in. I started the first again last night, and the save points are a god send.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Gunvolt 3 announcement trailer:

https://youtu.be/MZjYTwG2_mI

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    And now that's on my watchlist.

Interesting that the traditional shock field is gone apparently?

Also curious how this is going to work with the ending of 2. Also uh... Gunvolt's coat is a good way to make people curious there...

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited July 2020
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mega Man Legends Official Complete Works might finally be coming.
    Earlier this week, Udon's very own Matt Moylan took to the company's 20th anniversary Comic-Con stream to drop some "secret info" about books currently in-development. While there are numerous books coming from different video game and anime franchises, there's always one that appeals directly to us: Mega Man.

Here's what Matt had to say on that front: "We're working on a few books for Mega Man and I chose this Mega Man image on purpose, so think about that."

The image Matt is talking about is the l key art from Mega Man Legends 2. So yeah... think about that.

I'd like to add I'm privy to the development of one of these new books. It's something that I think a lot of people are really going to enjoy. Hopefully we'll have some news to share soon. Stay tuned!

Source

Hexmage-PA on
    Rockman X DiVE has introduced "Beach Style Chill Penguin".

ts9icpis6v96.png

I'm dying.

Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    Rockman X DiVE has introduced "Beach Style Chill Penguin".

ts9icpis6v96.png

I'm dying.

My son