As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mid 1990’s PC Space Trading game

TOADY2000TOADY2000 Registered User new member
Hi, wondering if anyone can help me please? I’m trying to find out the name of a UK mid 1990’s game I used to play on the PC.
The game had the options to build factories, biospheres, launch warships and build and launch defensive satellites.
You could colonise other planets, which again you could develop and defend.

I think there was the option to play as human, plus 2-3 alien races.
Any ideas?

• Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    Not sure this is an exact match, but there was Master of Orion and Master of Orion II.

Another title from around that time was Galactic Civilizations, however it is one I never found the time to play I just remember it as getting great reviews and that was the first of a series that is still around today.

Bones heal, glory is forever.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    It does sound kind of like MoO, though MoO had like 8 alien species. There was also VGA Planets. Or was called Planets VGA? Which was a windows game I believe.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Master of Orion 1 or 2 sound most likely to me, too, but other contenders are Stars! (UK-developed), Space Empires and Spaceward Ho!

If still unclear, it would be good to know if this was a DOS, Windows 3.x or Windows 95/98 game.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    My husband said maybe Spaceward Ho!

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Star Reach (Space Federation in the UK).

GR4ZTsk.jpg

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    ceres wrote: »
    My husband said maybe Spaceward Ho!

Spaceward Ho! lacked a lot of those options, it was a pretty barebones node-conquest kind of game, like Endless Space except one planet per system and no improvements.

Most of it sounds maybe like Gazillionaire, but I don't think you could build warships in that one.

Hevach on
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    One that I played a little was called Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain.