As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The good, the bad and [The Mandalorian] OPEN SPOILERS

• jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular
    Looks like they've wrapped production on Season 2 already.

(Although it could be that just this DP is wrapped; for most episodic content there are multiple Directors & DP's handling different episodes)

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular

Ninjeff wrote: »
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Eh, I've learned what "fleek" means from context, but I'd never really use it myself. Just like nobody uses groovy anymore.

I.....

I use groovy all the time.

Same here, and everyone know it's an Ashley J William's reference.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    "Baz Idoine" is a very Star Wars name.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Ninjeff wrote: »
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Eh, I've learned what "fleek" means from context, but I'd never really use it myself. Just like nobody uses groovy anymore.

I.....

I use groovy all the time.

Me, too.

Thanks, Ash.

@Capt Howdy :bro:

Elvenshae on
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Something fun I just found out while putting a character of mine through the most recent expansion in Star Wars: The Old Republic, Onslaught.
    On Mek Sha, one of the new planets, there's a gang calling themselves the Dar'manda, which is a Mandalorian term for those exiled for poor behavior. In the original release of the game, way back in 2011, the Bounty Hunter storyline allowed you to become a Mandalorian at the beginning of act 2.

When you first talk to Indigo, the leader of the Dar'manda, he reacts with terse indifference...but if you're a Mandalorian, he's just a step or two shy of hostile. And on top of that, if you have Torian Codera, Shae Vizla, or Akaavi Spar--all Mandalorians--as your active companion, they get bonus dialog as well. Given that I think Akaavi's probably in the bottom five for most popular companions from the original release and hasn't been given a new line of dialog since like 2016, that's impressive, but I guess they didn't want her to feel left out, since Onslaught came out all of two weeks before The Mandalorian--and the show's release saw a massive spike in the player base, mostly playing Bounty Hunters, and a bunch of new Mando RP guilds.

Shadowen on
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    If I can learn to say fleek Yoda can learn to talk straight.

He can, but also he's kind of the biggest deal in the entire Jedi Order, so does he have to, really? When this big a status dick you have, friend, damn well decide how you speak you can.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    The Yin Yang Koi Fish design on that clapperboard is legit. It also reminds me of the Moon Spirit in Avatar.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    If I can learn to say fleek Yoda can learn to talk straight.

He can, but also he's kind of the biggest deal in the entire Jedi Order, so does he have to, really? When this big a status dick you have, friend, damn well decide how you speak you can.

Trying to teach humans how to speak correctly, for five centuries Yoda has been. Slow learners they are.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    If Yoda’s speech is supposed to be older and more formal, does that mean all the High Republic Jedi are gonna talk that way?

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    If Yoda’s speech is supposed to be older and more formal, does that mean all the High Republic Jedi are gonna talk that way?

Not anymore than in Lord of the Rings you have characters use Westron grammar and names, I expect.

Ie, when everyone is speaking a aprticular way, it just gets translation-convention'd.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    The Yin Yang Koi Fish design on that clapperboard is legit. It also reminds me of the Moon Spirit in Avatar.

That's definitely an Avatar reference. Dave Filoni was storyboard artist and director for "Siege of the North."

• KamarKamar Registered User regular

High Republic Yoda will still be like 700 years old.

If his grammar is an older thing, he's probably still out of place in that era.

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »

High Republic Yoda will still be like 700 years old.

If his grammar is an older thing, he's probably still out of place in that era.

Is High Republic Yoda gonna be Hot Yoda

That's definitely an Avatar reference. Dave Filoni was storyboard artist and director for "Siege of the North."

You can tell, because of there's a giant wolf in the spirit world.

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Got my Mark Chilcott print in the mail!

Keep an eye out on Bottleneckgallery.com as they're constantly releasing stuff like this.

Also I spoke to the artist (senpai noticed) and he said to expect more of this kinda stuff soon!

This is the way.....to great art!

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular
    Nice! I ordered The Bounty print from Rory Kurtz when it went on sale at Mondo. Supposed to arrive in May.

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    I think it stands to reason that Yoda's species just struggles with vocalizing properly. Baby Yoda is 50 years old and can't speak. Maybe they normally don't even talk at all.

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    This is the way... to completely drain my bank account:

The head has articulation and the weapons are all separate pieces... coolest part is the feet are magnetic and they stick to the base with no pegs required.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Can you take off the helmet or does that make the doll action figure self-destruct?

If you do, you can't put it on again.

edited March 2020
    Can you take off the helmet or does that make the doll action figure self-destruct?

You can take off the helmet but the head goes with it.... spoilers.
    If you do, you can't put it on again.

This whole bit suddenly makes way more sense.

*pushes up glasses*

Actually I would define this as a hybrid statue and doll, sir.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    edited March 2020
    Everything in life is a lie: (spoilered for big)

Inquisitor77 on
  • HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    The video wall added so much to reflections and lighting. It is such great tech.

I remember thinking, "oh, the scene where Mando negotiates with the tusken raiders is clearly on a sound stage." Something about the way the foreground looked made me think "this is a pile of sand in front of a greenscreen."

I was completely taken in by every other outdoor scene that used the screens. Not that I thought they were all filmed on location, that would be bananas, but I thought a lot of them looked like they had, or had at least had a really good set built. (Also the scene of Mando's ship arriving on the station in episode 6 might be the best effects shot I've ever seen in a TV show.)

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Literally the only time I didn’t 100% buy into what I saw on screen was during the scene where he first grabs the child, because the orange barrels outside are the exact same barrels I use at home to collect rainwater so I kept thinking “hey those barrels look familiar”

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Season 2 casting spoilers

whaaaaaaaaaaat :tell_me_more:

Speculation from casting spoiler
    I'm actually really excited not just because we're getting live-action Ahsoka--who knows about what a Yoda is--but because we'll almost certainly get elaboration on the Mandalorian culture differences.

I'm most excited for the fact that she was last seen traveling with Sabine, and I need the culture clash of Din reacting to a graffiti'd up Mandalorian who takes her helmet off every five seconds.

I'm actually really excited not just because we're getting live-action Ahsoka--who knows about what a Yoda is--but because we'll almost certainly get elaboration on the Mandalorian culture differences.

I'm most excited for the fact that she was last seen traveling with Sabine, and I need the culture clash of Din reacting to a graffiti'd up Mandalorian who takes her helmet off every five seconds.
    "That is not the way!"
    "Kriff you, man. You don't get to say who's Mando and who isn't."

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

"That is not the way!"
    "Kriff you, man. You don't get to say who's Mando and who isn't."
    Also I spraypainted your ride.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    First:

AAAAAH FILONI YOU MADMAN YOU ACTUALLY DID IT

Second:

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Thinking on it more, it seems really likely we'll see heavy conflict with
    Sabine if she shows up. Put aside her more casual sect of Mandalorians.

She's traveling with a Jedi, an enemy of their people--a Jedi who probably fought on the opposite side of the Civil War from Din's sect, if he is Maul-associated. Her clan name alone will probably set off red flags if that's the case.

She designed a weapon which cooks beskar wearers without destroying their beskar as an Imperial student, which was allegedly destroyed but may explain the remnant's beskar supply.

And they won't be content to go their own ways, because they'll both want the darksaber. And maybe the baby, too, if he decides against giving it up to Ahsoka.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited March 2020

I suppose this belong in the main Star Wars thread but I don't really go there.

Edit: Oh guess it's old news. But still.

Karoz on
    The greatest photograph in history now immortalized in enamel:

Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Both Peyton Reed and Robert Rodriguez are confirmed as directing at least one episode apiece for Season 2.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Timothy Olyphant joins mando season 2 and none of you mother fuckers @ me about it?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Timothy Olyphant joins mando season 2 and none of you mother fuckers @ me about it?

“In an unknown role”

The role is: badass with an infectious smirk.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    They dug coal spice together.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    He'll probably have a couple lines as a storm trooper or something.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Nah, he’s gonna be Dash Rendar

This discussion has been closed.