As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Maytag wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    That’s the one that boosts his speed for the duration, right? Really nice, though I guess he has Trinity Bombshell these days.

————

For XI, I got Zeid’s Ultra. I don’t care one whit about Zeid, and he’s never gonna break into my Dark team over Sephiroth or Jecht, so I wrote that thing off as a booby prize. But I was able to clear the XI Dream with him in the party, so I guess he gets a bronze medal. Everything’s useful somewhere.

Yeah it is, hadn't thought about its lack of synergy with bombshell though. He has too much to cast already, so I guess this probably won't be used.

Granted, Bombshell specifically speeds Sharpshooter, so it should stack. And if the stacking doesn’t help you, that could just let you give Bombshell to someone else, and let Tidus keep Bullet.

But if he’s already starving for meter, I can understand. Might be worth experimenting with, at least.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    My Ifrit team is a little silly in that regard. Shooter quick cast 2 from Trinity, phys high quick cast 3 from Aeris, high quick cast 2 from Elarra, quick cast 2 from Tidus chain. And then sometimes instant cast 1 from his other ultra :X

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    My Ifrit team is a little silly in that regard. Shooter quick cast 2 from Trinity, phys high quick cast 3 from Aeris, high quick cast 2 from Elarra, quick cast 2 from Tidus chain. And then sometimes instant cast 1 from his other ultra :X

Add on Tidus's G+ for IC1 and that'll be my setup.

Man, there are like, 7 fewer turns in Titan’s last phase than I would need to make it happen.

Man, there are like, 7 fewer turns in Titan’s last phase than I would need to make it happen.

What's your team? Any alternates available? (Do you want help?)

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    His last turn is the length of 3-4 turns if that helps

Not as bad as the ai makes it look

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited March 2020

What's your team? Any alternates available? (Do you want help?)

* Cloud: RQS, Lifesiphon | Glint, USB1, Arcane, Awakening | LMR (Speed Chance), LM1, +Wind
    * Ignis: Entrust, Wrath | BSB | LMR, Mako Might
    * Cid VII: Skyhigh, Hurricane Bolt | VII chain, Cidshout, BSB | LMR, Ace Striker
    * Zack: Ripping Blast, Running Start | USB, Glint+ | LMR, LM2, Battleforged
    * Elarra: Crushing Tango, Warrior’s Hymn | Glint+, Awakening, USB1, Glint | LM1, LM2, DMT
    * Fabula Mage
    * Syldra

Plan has been to have Cloud receive a turn 1 Entrust, Lifesiphon until Ignis is channeling his BSB, then do Glint, USB, Glint, Glint. The ideal is to use Glint casts and a Raging Quadstrike or two to launch a no-limit, no-rage Arcane before Earth King Grand Slam hits, so as to skip phase 2. That requires one Mage just before Cloud acts. I think I also need to find a way to feed him a little more meter than I have been, so that he can Awakening right away as phase 3 starts. Zack does no real damage, but is an Imperil machine.

Other character options:

* Ramza has Shout and Chant, so he could give Cloud Damage buffs instead of Ignis. With Cidshout, he could avoid needing to use Shout himself and just focus on Entrust.
    * Alphinaud and Freya have their Chains. Alphinaud couldn’t do damage himself, but he’d allow me to field someone else who could.
    * Fang (USB (instant jumps), LMR, Glint, OSB) and Zidane (Arcane, USBs are on the lens shop) come to mind as alternate Imperilers to Zack. They can get plenty of Wind Damage of their own, and Zidane has Mug Bloodlust as an option to weaken Titan. They would require me to not field Cid, however.

Also, if I used Alphinaud or Freya, it might just be possible for Typhon Magicite to break a rage.

I do not have Zack’s or Faris’s chains, and my attempt to get Zack’s Awakening was an utter failure.

Edit:

And I’m considering using tomorrow’s ticket on Wind, in hope of getting a physical Chain or some other Awakening.

Enlong on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I'd drop Zack for a real dps user. Any chance you have another wind AASB? Maybe Bartz?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    By the way, how are you reaching Phase 3? Or are you trying to do the skip phase thing? I'm imagining you're running into a Rage 3/Def buff situation where you can't break rage. By the way, don't count on Typhon breaking rage in this fight. IMHO, the problem I can see happening is that your AASB is running out of steam thanks to Titan's Walls. It's probably the main reason I didn't use Cloud's AASB during my first clear and went for his USB2. Maybe just try running USB1 + Glint until you're in Phase 2, then using his AASB to finish off Phase 2 into 3?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    edited March 2020
    I’m attempting to muscle past phase 2 using a max power Arcane, yes. This would let me skip a Gaia’s Trial (Wind Power down) and a Wind Diffusuon. Without Cloud’s Enwind LMR, I need to either skip that diffusuon, use his USB2 instead of his Awakening (for more Enwinds), or fight phase 3 with Enwind 2. Of the USB2 is really good, then maybe I can try that instead.

The choice of Zack is for 2 reasons.
    1: Lots of Imperil Wind helps Cloud do what he needs to do.
    2: Zack is from FFVII, so I can use Cid’s chain for a Wind Chain with an actual ATK boost. Granted, I could probably accomplish that with Alphinaud’s chain and SSB, and either Ramza, or Ignis +Warrior’s Hymn.

I have no other Wind Awakenings. Well, none I could use with Cloud (I’ve got Terra’s Fire Awakening that works with her Wind USB and Meltdown).

That said, for non-Awakening options, Fang is pretty good. I have her Enwind LMR and Glint, and her USB makes jumps instant. That includes her OSB and the USB itself. She also has a BSB for Imperil, though that eats into her meter and isn’t a Jump. I might try her with Ace Striker, so she can build faster? If she has crits from Ignis, she might not need a Damage Materia to max out. And again, I have Zidane as an option if I spend lenses.

I also have Bartz’s lovely USB1, but his current Enwind options are slow and costly, at least until Uniques get a discounted meter cost. And he can’t imperil.

Enlong on
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    1/3 Zidane OSB dupe.

Low potential, zero achieved.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    First decent pull this run

2/3 Eiko BSB dupe, Eiko AASB

I still think skipping phase 2 is a trap. I would try a team with Fang and have her throw a bunch of instant OSBs to kill walls and break rages. Maybe Cloud, Fang, Alphinaud, Ignis, healer.

BTW, no reason to do turn 1 entrust, you have all day to get started vs Titan, just hold the meter for later.

I still think skipping phase 2 is a trap. I would try a team with Fang and have her throw a bunch of instant OSBs to kill walls and break rages. Maybe Cloud, Fang, Alphinaud, Ignis, healer.

BTW, no reason to do turn 1 entrust, you have all day to get started vs Titan, just hold the meter for later.

Turn 1 Entrust was for trying the phase skip. Cloud needs all the meter ever forever to try that. May change if I switch strats. Thanks for help

edited March 2020

I'd agree with trying out Fang - instant OSBs is a pretty good way to get the overstrike damage you need, and it's not all that expensive on meter thanks to the SB cost rework.

Darklyre on
    Yeah. I started using her before, and swapped when I felt that skipping phase was the way to go. Now I think I can do both things; Imperil early on (with help from Syldra maybe), and then go for instant OSBs.

Also, I know for a fact that Typhon can break a rage with wind chain. Just not rage 3.

Omg this fest is the worst. Got a dupe Zidane OSB. At least I'm positive I'm never pulling on any banner ever unless it gives a guaranteed relic.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Dupe Dagger Glint, which is at least a +lit hat

edited March 2020
    Apparently the bosses in the Japan FF14 event are a fucking trainwreck. Specifically, the D180/260 Ifrit boss, who is... well, his mechanic is that he summons Infernal Nails, and if you reduce his HP to 0 when any Nails are alive, or even simultaneous to killing the last Nail, it's an auto-wipe.

But wait, it gets worse.

You have to kill him seven times. He resummons the nails and heals to full each time you kill him. In multiple phases, he instantly resummons the Nails after you kill the last one. In the last phase, he does that FOUR times. And since it's a D180 fight with seven health bars, he has basically no HP. So if you use any AoE at all, or even just a doublecast LM or SB, you're likely to accidentally target him and cause a party wipe. So you have to take off all your multi-cast RMs/LMs, use no AoE, use no multi-cast SBs like awakenings or Synchros, and micromanage a D180 fight... and then do it all over again at a marginally higher difficulty.

People are... not thrilled.

E:
    Oh, the D500 Titan is also apparently a work of art. It randomly targets people, and then auto-ejects them if they don't defend. It does this about every 4th turn, and the 1st turn of every phase transition, so... expect to defend constantly, and since Defend is removed when a Sync is up, you just straight up can't use them without risking being totally fucked over. Also, has an attack that basically petrifies multiple characters until you manually smack them... which is also a thing that you can't do with a sync active. So... the battle just drags like fuck.

Cloud still makes a mockery of him though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOBUe8zVkZM

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    That version of Ifrit was the hardest Infernal MP battle ever.

I hated it so so much.

silence1186 on
  • MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    "You want FFXIV, we'll give you FFXIV alright"

In other news, just a Kuja AOSB dupe today.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    edited March 2020
    Oh damn. They actually implemented how it feels to fail to dodge a landslide because you were locked into an attack animation.

The whole Granite Gaol situation sounds poorly implemented, though. In XIV, they’re additional enemies that trap the target.

Enlong on
    A dupe duo, damn.

Sigh.

1/11 Another Dr Mog USB dupe.

This stupid fucking core banner is the fucking worst.

ztrEPtD.gif
    Bonus 10 mythril and 70 dark crystals for white day, so that's nice

IX: Freya USB2. Not a dupe!

ArcTangent wrote: »
    Sigh.

Are you me? I got another Dr Mog USB dupe too! I'm actually reconsidering that 100 AASB banner. At least I will get a relic I want unlike say that Noctis SASB banner.

edited March 2020
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Sigh.

Are you me? I got another Dr Mog USB dupe too! I'm actually reconsidering that 100 AASB banner. At least I will get a relic I want unlike say that Noctis SASB banner.

I am not considering that banner at all because I already have like 8 dupes on it. I think we're 'supposed' to get a realm/elemental ticket tonight as part of the 5th anniversary countdown login bonuses, and I think at this point I'm just going to sit on them and reassess after the glut of shit coming our way.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    Well, now I'm considering it now that AASB dupes count for 2 honing levels.

Well, now I'm considering it now that AASB dupes count for 2 honing levels.

The amount of honing you need to max them out is... a very, very absurd amount.

You need:
    49000 tier 1 lenses, or
    28000 tier 2 lenses, or
    17500 tier 3 lenses

You need to hit rank 15 to max it out. Two ranks for pulling a dupe is only 12.5% off.

Unless they drastically increase lens income, it's something really for megawhales only.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    What is this honing thing again?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited March 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »

You know how you can hone Syncs and it improves the entry? Japan recently got an update where you can do the same for AOSBs and AASBs, including retroactively giving +2 ranks per dupe drawn. Unlike Syncs, AOSBs max at rank 10, AASBs max at rank 15. If you max an AOSB, it costs one less SB bar. If you max an AASB, you can use it one extra time. Otherwise, you can only buy scrolls for honing via lens.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    38thDoe wrote: »

AASBs and AOSBs can be honed like Syncs, using dupes or lenses. Syncs get an entry damage and speed buff, AASBs can be used 2x at max hones, and AOSBs only need 2 bars at max hones.

I feel like the Arcane honing is worth more, relatively. It makes the 3!-hit type actually stronger than an OSB again.

Unless you've got a character where the awakening is their only SB you have and/or their only source of enElement. Honing makes them viable again.

edited March 2020
    Good point. Also useful if the infinite hones keep them from burning though all their actions.

And of course, an extra use on an Awakening is particularly nice for healers, comparatively.

Enlong on
    Yeah well the original point being as I'm now unemployed, spending anything on a Dream Relic Draw seems like a bad idea. I'd rather use those 100 Mythril on something that's guaranteed.

Selphie Awakening

This one's forte looks to be damage mitigation. Still a great get, but probably the least interesting of healing awakening I have at this point. Still, this means she can haste, raise, mblink, damage reduce, reraise, Astra, regenga, QC, and last stand through various IC stuff, AND I have 2 LMRs. She's definitely my jack of all trades healer at this point.

1/3 Seifer AASB

He's my dark chain holder, so I guess that's decent enough. Doubt he gets enough meter to be a primary DPS for Alexander, or that I need one, but whatever.

ztrEPtD.gif
    My first ever 3/3 draw, but pretty disappointing. Dupe selfie BSB, new Squall OSB, new Ultimecia AOSB. It's plausible to use those items, just not thrilling.