As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Post requires approval?

UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIREBUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
I just tried to make a joke about scam “cures” in the SE++ Canada thread and got a brief message at the bottom of the screen that the post required approval to show up, and now there’s no sign of it (which fits with the message, if it’s pending approval)

I’m guessing this is an anti-spambot measure, to block accounts peddling snake oil? If that’s the case, is there any way for us to know what will trigger it to avoid having posts eaten in future, or for it to only apply to new accounts/or accounts with under a certain number of posts? I assume most spambots don’t have years of active post history.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Yes there's a spam filter the mods have to look through and manually approve posts in, I believe if you mention "otek" spelled backwards that will hit it. I was reporting a bunch of those every night for a very long time before the filter was implemented.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    We can't tell you what the spam filters are because spammers read the forums