As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Teacher

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Teacher

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Wuh why is the last frame shifted? Is this what considering the Schismus feels like?

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Wuh why is the last frame shifted? Is this what considering the Schismus feels like?

This right here is exactly what's wrong with the current education system.

• FireballDragonFireballDragon Registered User regular
    My condolences to those who happen to have schoolteachers for parents. It's gonna be a long and annoying month and a half.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schismus

Maybe it's a hallucinogen?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    My guess is that Schismus in this context is nothing more than a bit of arcano-babble that Jerry made up specifically for the strip.

It is definitely magical in nature, considering he dressed everyone in robes.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    It's meant to evoke schism which is a division

Which is why Tycho gets divided in the last frame

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I prefer an abstinence-only schismus-education curriculum.

KalTorak on
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    I prefer an abstinence-only schismus-education cirriculum.

Look, you tell your kids what you want, but I know kids today aren't going to wait until they invoke the six-mouthed raven in the ceremony of bonding before having sex. It's just not practical these days.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Tycho's last communication being a thought bubble instead of speech is a nice touch.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    My condolences to those who happen to have schoolteachers for parents. It's gonna be a long and annoying month and a half.

My condolences for the schoolteachers. My wife - a college professor - just got word that she now needs to make videos and online coursework for the rest of the semester. They'll start Monday. It'll be easy, what with all this time at home oh wait that's right we have to young children.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    I prefer an abstinence-only schismus-education curriculum.

Tycho is doing absinthe-only education here.

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    If those kids don't pay attention, they're gonna end up raising a bunch of Husks instead of proper HobCoblins.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    I also really like how the older child is just kind of going with it in the last panel. This is clearly not the first time he's had to deal with mind braiding.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • DemobotDemobot Lemme buzz you in Registered User regular
    I need to use "I say thee nay" more frequently in everyday conversation.

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    his son is Elliot, right? the blood from the nose in the 3rd panel is a nice touch

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    My guess is that Schismus in this context is nothing more than a bit of arcano-babble that Jerry made up specifically for the strip.

It is definitely magical in nature, considering he dressed everyone in robes.

No.

They were braiding their minds so that Tycho could share his experience with Schismus, the genus of African and Eurasian plants he's experienced in his travels, then use their joint cognitive power to consider it.

DOES NO ONE TEACH BIOLOGY ANYMORE?! THIS IS 101 STUFF.

• shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    It hurts my eyes to even look at that last panel -_-