As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hades] Supergiant Roguelite. Out now! (Switch/Steam/Epic)

• beavisofsmokebeavisofsmoke Registered User regular
    Poseidon low-key has the best Duo boons to get early

His Duo with Aphrodite makes all Poms give +1 level (I have gotten a boon up to lvl15 with this once, it was goofy)

His Dionysus Duo boon makes the minimum boon quality Epic, which if you get by Asphodel is just fuckin’ broken

I didn't realize those were both from Poseidon but, then again, I'm always going for Sea Storm or Blizzard Shot. They're too good. If I do get his other duos, it's usually in Styx or Elysium, so limited use (though exclusive access helped save a 5 revive-375 health run when my last two boons were key to winning the Hades fight)

I like what they did with the final four mirror upgrades this last patch. Before, I was hearing you should focus on two or three gods and to get two status effects for the Privileged Status damage boost. But now Family Favorite changes that; I combine it with increased odds for duos and legendaries and boon choice rerolls. 6% damage per god, get as many gods as possible, and, at the same time, try and get duo boons. That's much closer to my preferred playstyle.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Funniest kill I've gotten so far: Charming the Minotaur so he axed Theseus to death.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy.

Ended up grabbing a cheaty mod to short circuit the majority of the meta grinding now that I've beaten things legit on my own. Much happier as a result!

Beat the game using Eris exagryph, which was serious fun. Ended up with a really fun build - combo of stacked up damage modifiers from Eris, Dionysus, Ares and Aphrodite + a seriously souped up bladestorm cast. Also special slowing enemies, firing 5 shells, and causing thunderstrikes where it landed. Goofed and didn't take the double thunder, but didn't exactly need it either....

Things just got shredded between the artillery literally bringing the thunder, the cast vaporising hp, or the main fire charming things while it ripped them apart

The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    While I love the game, I absolutely loathe the poison mechanic on what I assume is the final level. Completely tedious and unfun to me.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    While I love the game, I absolutely loathe the poison mechanic on what I assume is the final level. Completely tedious and unfun to me.

It doesn’t make it good or anything but the broken spearpoint heirloom makes the poison stuff tolerable

It doesn’t make it good or anything but the broken spearpoint heirloom makes the poison stuff tolerable

I'll have to look into that, I don't think I have that yet! Thanks for the tip.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

I'll have to look into that, I don't think I have that yet! Thanks for the tip.
    Find Patroclus in Elysium and give him some nectar

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Yeah, poison has jumped out to me as a "But why" mechanic. It's ridiculously damaging for how easy it is to get on you, it's freaking everywhere, the fact you can cleanse it is non obvious... oh, and not always entirely responsive (plus, in the bigger Styx rooms you can end up pretty far away). It's just not FUN.

Styx is in general a bit frustrating - i like the idea of pushing further to rack up more rewards, but it also often feels really bad to gamble that you're going to get as many rewards as possible before the fountain. A purple shop out by Charon that refills/refreshes between each sub-zone would also be nice as a feel-good-burn-your-obols thing.

There's definitely a few elements of slay the spire i wish they'd steal (Just interms of info presented ot the player for routing, slightly more reliable shops/rest spots, etc). But that's probably an unfair comparsion - StS is like, World Standard on "how to rougelite" at this point. I'm still having a blast with Hades, just a few niggle points (I think i already mentioned my dislike of some of the PoP things - dont take options away from the player, Supergiant!)

Currently messing around with the different weapons. I like the Gun a lot, but given it's quite similar to the fists on being a rapid fire weapon that works well with crazy attack speed, that's unsurprising. Excalibur is very cool, but also not something i feel i can work - i haven't got quite the fine motor control to dash and then flick my stick back to get those tasty 3rd attack backstabs every time. Very satisfying when you do see the massive crits just flatten something, though.

Currently trying out the Guan Yu aspect on spear - at least i was till my controller kept disconnecting. Dont do that mid run, controller D:

edited March 2020
    I actually finally beat the game after I posted this. The way it handles the content not yet in is neat.
    The poison wasn't so bad when I was using those gauntlets and my dash had a deflect. I also got through it using the Adamant Rail after I got that hammer upgrade that lets you fire 3 specials back to back. Good lawd.

I still don't like the poison but it's not as bad as it was my first two attempts.

Lot of stuff yet to unlock.

vamen on
  • hushhush Registered User regular
    You are dealing with the toned down version of the poison, if you can imagine that. They buffed the christ out of it because of the broken spearpoint, but then they reverted the change to some degree after they kneecapped the broken spearpoint (probably rightfully so, grumble grumble)

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
    edited March 2020
    hush wrote: »
    You are dealing with the toned down version of the poison, if you can imagine that. They buffed the christ out of it because of the broken spearpoint, but then they reverted the change to some degree after they kneecapped the broken spearpoint (probably rightfully so, grumble grumble)

I may have dealt with the original poison. I got to the last level a long time ago and like the first or second poison room killed me in a few seconds. I didn't pick the game back up until recently.
    I don't recall which update it was, but I just recall the poison was POTENT and I had no desire to even try to deal with it =p.

vamen on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    They attempt to turn them back into in-run rewards with varying degrees of success with some of the upgrades you can give them - also I felt like it was very grindy until they added fishing, now they seem pretty mild if you get 2-3 catches per run (so many rewards). If/when you can grab fishing you should see a pretty incredible uptick in gems/keys/nectar.

Yeah, I've just picked those up.

Fishing honestly just feels irritating to me - One of the least interesting takes on a fishing mini game.

I haven't had time for this recently, but I was playing right after the fishing update, and fishing holes were so rare that I only got to try it three times, and I never learned the timing. I feel like fishing needs a better tutorial.

Delzhand wrote: »
    They attempt to turn them back into in-run rewards with varying degrees of success with some of the upgrades you can give them - also I felt like it was very grindy until they added fishing, now they seem pretty mild if you get 2-3 catches per run (so many rewards). If/when you can grab fishing you should see a pretty incredible uptick in gems/keys/nectar.

Yeah, I've just picked those up.

Fishing honestly just feels irritating to me - One of the least interesting takes on a fishing mini game.

I haven't had time for this recently, but I was playing right after the fishing update, and fishing holes were so rare that I only got to try it three times, and I never learned the timing. I feel like fishing needs a better tutorial.

The timing is annoying. The thing will dip under the water, complete with rumble on a controller, but you have to wait for it to dip AND flash to get a fish.

And this could happen on the first dip or any up to the fifth. I can get perfect catches pretty regularly, but it's honestly not a fun mechanic. I think I'll just ignore it from here on out

• altidaltid Registered User regular
    The timing I've had little trouble with once I figured out it was only the white flash that mattered. It really didn't explain that very well and it took a few attempts of "but the thing moved?" before seeing it. Very easy to confuse with bad timing at first.

I do still wonder how they're going to manage things around release and plot. There's a lot of interactions (and I really mean a lot here) that have been fed in over months. I just wonder how well will they present all of this to a new player? Esecially without making it feel too grindy. On that note, I also wish they'd up the number of gems given per chamber. I get that they want to keep each currency relevant, but there's a lot of stuff to buy and each chamber gives a somewhat miserly 5 gems (or 10 for an elite). I've found fishing to be the best way to get them as you can rake in 60 gems quite easily that way, and more if you get lucky I think?

altid wrote: »
    The timing I've had little trouble with once I figured out it was only the white flash that mattered. It really didn't explain that very well and it took a few attempts of "but the thing moved?" before seeing it. Very easy to confuse with bad timing at first.

I do still wonder how they're going to manage things around release and plot. There's a lot of interactions (and I really mean a lot here) that have been fed in over months. I just wonder how well will they present all of this to a new player? Esecially without making it feel too grindy. On that note, I also wish they'd up the number of gems given per chamber. I get that they want to keep each currency relevant, but there's a lot of stuff to buy and each chamber gives a somewhat miserly 5 gems (or 10 for an elite). I've found fishing to be the best way to get them as you can rake in 60 gems quite easily that way, and more if you get lucky I think?

As someone who just got the game - it is VERY grindy. The summons in particular are the worst to get, given the level of work you have to do. I'm honestly planning to say to friends "Get this, it's great, play through and beat it legit at least once, and then for the sake of your own sanity, grab a cheat mod to shortciructi the postgame grinding for blood/diamonds/etc". The game is insanely stingy given a run can take half an hour

It's probably a case of 'feautre creep', or perhaps currency creep is a better term?
    When I started playing, there was darkness, keys and nectar. It didn't take a huge amount of time to unlock all the weapons and talents, max out all the relevant mirror talents and pick up a few nectar bottles along the way to get the character interactions. All of this going on while learning the game, dying lots and getting the gradual power up from spending darkness. It didn't feel quite as grindy because of that. Once a currency was no longer useful, the broker helped speed things up a bit too. A bigger problem was the, quite frankly, stupid amount of 'encounters' needed to max out trinkets. I still haven't maxed out some of the god trinkets because it takes so many runs with them (and they're also a bit niche, I only really use them if I really want to do a particular build).

Where it got awkward was around the weapon aspects. They've since added: gems, diamonds, ambrosia and titan blood. Titan blood in particualr annoys me a bit. Why limit it to once per heat level only? The most you can possibly earn on any given run is 3 (2 bosses and the shop in Styx.... if you happen to have 1500 coins unspent, which you won't). It just feels a bit punative and really, really drags out upgrading weapons and unlocking aspects.

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    The currency bloat is definitely something they need to take a pass at before they're properly "done".

altid wrote: »
    It's probably a case of 'feautre creep', or perhaps currency creep is a better term?
    When I started playing, there was darkness, keys and nectar. It didn't take a huge amount of time to unlock all the weapons and talents, max out all the relevant mirror talents and pick up a few nectar bottles along the way to get the character interactions. All of this going on while learning the game, dying lots and getting the gradual power up from spending darkness. It didn't feel quite as grindy because of that. Once a currency was no longer useful, the broker helped speed things up a bit too. A bigger problem was the, quite frankly, stupid amount of 'encounters' needed to max out trinkets. I still haven't maxed out some of the god trinkets because it takes so many runs with them (and they're also a bit niche, I only really use them if I really want to do a particular build).

Where it got awkward was around the weapon aspects. They've since added: gems, diamonds, ambrosia and titan blood. Titan blood in particualr annoys me a bit. Why limit it to once per heat level only? The most you can possibly earn on any given run is 3 (2 bosses and the shop in Styx.... if you happen to have 1500 coins unspent, which you won't). It just feels a bit punative and really, really drags out upgrading weapons and unlocking aspects.

Titans blood was what in fact motivated me to yell "oh fuck this" and go find a cheat - I just want to experiment with weapons! The trinket grind is irrating but at least happens semi-naturally. Wehreas Guan Yu feels hard enough to use max out, the idea of using it with it's penalty at max is AURGH.

Curiosity, what's peoples goto for trinkets? right now i tend to go God Boon -> Coin Purse -> Still playing around here, but Tooth, Spiked Collar and Broken Spearhead are all nice and i change depending on what feels needed. Feel like i may keep defaulting to Artemis's boon though - she feels like a great taste that goes with anything sort of deal.

Also that support fire <3 it's so hilarious on fists/gun - ARROWS. SO. MANY. ARROWS.

Kind of feel like they could honestly stand to pair this system back a bit - i.e move the guaranteed god boons into something else that you just get once per run, i dont know. The choices feel like they're very different on power tiers. Dunno, need more time to figure it out - loving the game overall, but there's definitely a lot of niggles.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I pretty much always go coin purse in Tartarus, god charm in Asphodel, and acorn in Styx. I haven't settled on a top pick for Elysium yet, really.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    The new Nyx trinket is interesting at least. 20% extra damage on 'undamaged' foes seems like it could be good for "big hit" weapons. The backstab bonus could also be good if I could reliably backstab. Not sure what 'undamaged' means mind, if it includes the extra shield on enemies from heat then probably not worth it.

Don't really have a favourite per se though. Theoretically the 'best' are probably lambent plume (+dodge) and pierced butterfly (+damage %). Think I got the butterfly up to something ridiculous on a recent run, but the plume feels as though they've made it much harder to succeed. Used to be able to buff it up by blowing through tartarus but found myself failing lots even there recently. Might just ahve been a dud build though.

edited March 2020
    Crossovers we didnt know we needed:

tdmd4fqea9n41.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s=b10c5d64cbdf68fb05612e135a9ab059a16e443f

Edit: Also patch notes

https://www.supergiantgames.com/blog/hades-updates/

Edit edit: I'm coming around to camp Poseidon - he has so many good Duo Boons. Plus Razor shot.
    99222F758C8230A9E56FB6F3809CF7AD88FB4F53

This wasn't really a fair fight at all.

I'm digging your approach on Trinkets by the way @Wyvern - Saving the god trinket for Asphodel lets you pivot and respond to a build better.

The Zombie Penguin on
  • beavisofsmokebeavisofsmoke Registered User regular
    Oh darn! I had a good run going but I used up all my death defiances before Styx. Oh well, I have a lot of gold so I can try and buy some back. And either way, I can use the Satyr tunnels to level up my Nyx keepsake. I'll just start off by getting another Athena boon. It's a tunnel with a skull, but I've got over 200 runs, so I can handle anything they-OH NO! NEW CONTENT!
    Damn you, little vermin!

Had to talk to Hypnos after that one, lol. I at least had a great run earlier where my first three boons were Athena, Aeries, Duo which was a lot of fun. Discovered a new strategy for the hydra by using Chaos to get extra casts, getting Zeus cast, and then using another Zeus boon to get jolt. Using the aspect of Author, I just sat in my special's Aura dodging all the heads attacks while using Zeus casts to apply jolt on them. With a couple poms to the Zeus boons they go down pretty quick. That was a fun run.

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Finally picked this up and have to say that this is the best work Supergiant have done to date while still being incredibly evocative of their past works. It's been a while since I've played a game that can just melt away the hours like this one.

Another large update coming tomorrow: The Blood Price.

I know they've had a technical beta running in advance for some engine changes they've been working on. Looking forward to diving back into it at any rate!

Patch is live, here's the patch notes:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1145360/allnews

Raw text version:
    Highlights
    • New Boss Fight: see if you can find this dangerous new encounter, and reap the rewards
    • New Legendary Aspects: discover the hidden forms of the Bow, Shield, and Rail
    • New Foes and Mini-bosses: face the Wretched Sneak, Dracon, Doomstone, and more
    • New Boons & Upgrades: gain dozens of new powers, including Duo Boons for each Olympian pairing
    • New Goods in Stock: look for many new items from Charon and the House Contractor
    • New Art & Visual Effects: bask in the atmosphere, with newly added character models and animations
    • Expanded Story: experience new narrative events for nearly every single character in the game
    • Updated Code Base: our newly optimized game engine offers smoother performance for many players

Engine & Tech
    • Updated our code base for improved performance and compatibility. The game should now run on more PCs above the minimum system requirement, and run faster for most players.

• Note: Please make sure to update your graphics drivers to the latest version to take advantage of these improvements! If you cannot start the game, or experience worsened performance relative to past versions, please reach out to us at discord.gg/Supergiant and we will work with you to get it resolved.

General Gameplay
    📢 Upgraded Chthonic Key rewards grant Fated Authority even while using Routine Inspection (Pact)
    📢 Hell Mode no longer forces you to play at escalating Heat levels
    • Slightly reduced base chance Olympians offering Duo Boons (now that there are many more of them)

Infernal Arms, Aspects, & Abilities
    • Heart-Seeking Bow (Rama Aspect): new! Seek Artemis to reveal it (unlock Guan Yu & Bow aspects 1st)
    • Shield of Chaos (Beowulf Aspect): new! Seek Chaos to reveal it (unlock Guan Yu & Shield aspects 1st)
    • Adamant Rail (L
    Aspect): new! Seek Zeus to reveal it (unlock Guan Yu & Rail aspects 1st)
    📢 Stygian Blade (Arthur Aspect): improved hit box on second swing in the Attack sequence
    • Eternal Spear (Guan Yu Aspect): slightly reduced Throw special width and damage

Boons & Blessings
    • Each Olympian now offers a new, alternate Cast Boon while you have Aspect of Beowulf (Shield)
    • Lightning Reflexes (Zeus): new! Dash just before being hit to counter-attack with a lightning bolt
    • Smoldering Air (Zeus x Aphrodite): new! Your God Gauge charges up automatically, but caps at 25%
    • Rip Current (Poseidon): new! Makes Poseidon's Aid last longer and pull foes in
    • Hydraulic Might (Poseidon): new! Your Attack and Special are briefly stronger at the start of Encounters
    • Unshakable Mettle (Poseidon x Athena): new! You can't be stunned, and resist damage from bosses
    • Curse of Drowning (Poseidon x Ares): new! Your Cast is a pulse that deals damage to foes around you
    • Parting Shot (Athena x Aphrodite): new! Your {$Keywords.Cast} deals backstab damage and gains related bonuses
    • Spent Spirit (Athena x Aphrodite): now from Athena x Dionysus, called Calculated Risk
    • Stubborn Roots (Athena x Demeter): new! While you have no Death Defiance, your health regenerates
    • Blood Frenzy (Ares): new! After using Death Defiance, deal more damage in that Encounter
    • Dire Misfortune (Ares): increased power level
    • Ares' Aid: reduced duration; increased damage to compensate
    • Curse of Nausea (Ares x Dionysus): new! Your Hangover effects deal damage faster
    • Freezing Vortex (Ares x Demeter): new! Your Cast inflicts Chill, but is smaller and slower
    • Blown Kiss (Aphrodite): new! Your Cast shoots farther and is stronger against undamaged foes
    • Cold Embrace (Aphrodite x Demeter): new! Your Cast beam fires at your position, dealing more damage
    • Curse of Longing (Aphrodite x Ares): increased damage
    • Dual Shot (Artemis): now a Duo, called Mirage Shot (Poseidon x Artemis)
    • Support Fire (Artemis): reduced scaling from Poms
    📢 Fully Loaded (Artemis): reduced bonus Cast ammo; adjusted requirements for this to be offered
    • Splitting Headache (Artemis x Dionysus): new! Hangover-afflicted foes more likely to take Critical damage
    • Strong Drink (Dionysus): new! Using Fountains restores all your health and gives you bonus damage
    • Glacial Glare (Demeter): new! Your Cast fires for a longer duration and inflicts Chill
    • Frozen Touch (Demeter): new! after taking damage, damage and completely Chill your foe
    • Arctic Blast (Demeter): reduced effectiveness
    📢 Winter's Harvest (Demeter): adjusted requirements for this to be offered
    • Quick Favor (Hermes): new! Your God Gauge slowly charges up automatically
    • Side Hustle (Hermes): new! Gain some money each time you enter a chamber
    • Rush Delivery (Hermes): new! Deal bonus damage based on any bonus move speed
    • Halting (Chaos): new! Your Dash has reduced range
    • Brilliance (Chaos): new! Any Gemstones you find are worth more
    • Assault (Chaos): new! Deal bonus damage striking undamaged foes
    • Ambush (Chaos): new! Deal bonus damage striking foes from behind
    • Ruin (Chaos): new! Traps deal bonus damage to foes

Daedalus Hammer Upgrades
    • Hoarding Slash (Blade): new! Your Attack deals more damage the more money you have
    • Snap Nova (Blade): new! You lunge forward when you use your Special; use again to lunge back
    • Greater Consecration (Blade - Arthur Aspect): new! Your Special aura is larger and makes foes slower
    • Concentrated Volley (Bow): new! Your Special deals bonus damage for each consecutive hit to a foe
    • Point-Blank Shot (Bow): Added back to the game; your Attack deals bonus damage to nearby foes
    • Repulse Shot (Bow - Rama Aspect): new! Your Attack creates a Blast Wave that knocks foes away
    • Flaring Spin (Spear): new! While charging your Spin Attack, you pulse damage and cannot be stunned
    • Triple Jab (Spear): new! Your Attack strikes 3 times in a spread pattern
    • Winged Serpent (Spear - Guan Yu Aspect): new! Your Serpent Slash ability travels longer
    • World Smasher (Shield): cut from game
    • Empowering Flight (Shield): new! After your Special hits, your next 3 attacks deal bonus damage
    • Ferocious Guard (Shield): new! After blocking a foe, briefly gain bonus damage and move speed
    • Dashing Flight (Shield): new! While you Dash, your Throw special is faster and deals more damage
    • Unyielding Defense (Shield - Beowulf Aspect): new! After using your Cast, you briefly can't be stunned
    • Kinetic Launcher (Fists): new! Your Cutter special becomes a charged ranged attack
    • Heavy Knuckle (Fists): new! Your Attack becomes a stronger, slower 3-hit sequence
    • Colossus Knuckle (Fists): new! You cannot be stunned while using your Attack or Special
    • Consecutive Fire (Rail): cut from game
    • Spread Fire (Rail): now has a penalty to max. ammo again; reduced damage and area of effect
    • Inescapable Blast (Rail): now also causes foes to take more damage; now called Targeting System
    • Seeking Fire (Rail): new! Your Attack seeks the nearest foe and deals bonus damage
    • Concentrated Fire (Rail): new! Successive shots against the same foe deal more damage
    • ...Plus 4 new Daedalus Hammer Upgrades unique to the Rail's new L
    Aspect

Foes & Encounters
    • Thanatos: increased rate of attack for his single-target Death Sentence
    • 'Trial of the Gods': increased frequency and tracking of Artemis attacks; increased frequency and quantity of Dionysus attacks
    • Wringer: new! This Tartarus foe grabs and briefly stuns you
    • Wretched Sneak: new! This Tartarus mini-boss is elusive and deadly
    • Doomstone: new! This Tartarus mini-boss is what Brimstones want to be when they grow up
    • Bloodless Slam-Dancers, Wave-Makers, and Burn-Flingers no longer appear as Tartarus mini-bosses
    • Megaera: ground blast attacks detonate slightly faster
    • The Fury Sisters: increased health and attack speed under Extreme Measures (Pact)
    📢 The Bloodless: improved leaping behavior for all varieties
    • Wave-Maker: reduced Elite health and armor
    • Bloodless Bone-Raker: new! This Asphodel foe attacks with consecutive swipes
    • Dracon: new! This Asphodel foe burrows and uses ranged attacks
    • Witches Circle: new! This Asphodel mini-boss encounter pits you against elite Spreaders
    • Gorgon: increased Elite armor and firing sequence
    • Skull-Crusher: slightly increased the duration the Elite version stays on the ground
    • Bone Hydra: reworked; the main head now has 4 new variants you may encounter instead of the original, each with their own attacks (based on what the smaller heads can do)
    • Elysian Spear Trap: now link their attacks whenever one is activated
    • The Exalted: increased damage for Brightswords, Greatshields, and Strongbows
    📢 The Minotaur: slightly reduced turn speed on Bull Rush attack; updated various other attacks
    📢 Theseus: reduced damage of explosive attack under Extreme Measures (Pact)
    📢 Fixed Styx Poison effects sometimes not clearing after an Encounter

Mirror of Night
    • Family Favorite: slightly reduced effectiveness; you now can see your current bonus from it in Boon Info
    • Olympian Legacy: moved to be the counterpart to Gods' Pride; now called Gods' Legacy; reduced the max. benefit this could provide (now that there are many more Duos; invested Darkness will be refunded)
    • Dark Regeneration: slightly reduced max. benefit

Keepsakes
    • Companion Antos ( ? ? ? ): new Legendary Keepsake! Summons ? ? ? to skewer your foes
    📢 Companion Rib (Skelly): summoned companion no longer auto-locked using Aim Assist
    • Shattered Shackle (Sisyphus): reworked; your basic moves are stronger while not empowered by Boons

Well of Charon & Other Items
    • Anvil of Fates: new! Removes one random Daedalus Hammer enchantment, then gives you two
    • Mystery Boon: new! Gives you a Boon from a random Olympian; costs less than a Boon
    • Pom Slice: new! Gives a random Boon • 1 Lv.; costs less than Pom
    • Gaea's Treasure: new! Provides some Gemstones.
    • Centaur Soul: new! Raises life total (without healing).
    • Price of Midas: new! Provides some money, in exchange for some life.
    • Chimaera Jerky: new! Your Special deals more damage.
    • Fateful Twist: new! You gain a random item from the Well of Charon.
    • Nemesis Crest: new! You deal more damage striking foes from behind.
    • Eris Bangle: new! You deal more damage to undamaged foes.
    • Nail of Talos: new! You deal more damage against armor.
    • Aether Net: new! You start Encounters with your God Gauge partly full.
    • Stygian Shard: new! Traps deal significantly more damage to your foes.
    • Skeletal Lure: new! Guarantee a Fishing Point at the next possible location
    • Night Spindle: new! Gain • 1 use of your Chthonic Companion
    📢 Flame Wheels Release: new! Guarantee Flame Wheels will not appear
    📢 Kiss of Styx: now only offered if you are missing a Death Defiance charge
    📢 Charon sometimes sells Gemstones (only when he would have offered Darkness, Chthonic Keys, or Nectar)

Pact of Punishment
    📢 Routine Inspection: no longer prevents getting Fated Authority charges during an escape attempt
    📢 Forced Overtime: added foe-specific limitations in cases where this was particularly unfair...
    📢 Benefits Package: reduced how much bonus Armor could be provided by the Bruiser Perk

House Contractor
    • Added dozens of new jobs to order with your hard-earned Gemstones and Diamonds, such as...
    • Bat Cage, All-Seeing: survey the entire House with these specially-trained reconnaissance bats
    • Aquarium, Cubical: since all those river-denizens you're procuring out there do need a place to live...
    • Sundial, Imported: surely this will settle the mystery of whether it is day or night at any given point...
    • Gallery Paintings, Landscapes, and Portraits: revamped gallery space with bigger, bolder images
    • Darker Thirst: speaking of hard-earned Gemstones, this new upgrade lets you hard-earn them faster
    • Downgraded the poor House Contractor's work desk, even after all that (though you can upgrade it)

Fated List of Minor Prophecies
    • Divided by Death: new! Help settle a difficult matter between Achilles and the Fallen Warrior
    • The Preserver's Avatar: new! Bring the Aspect of Rama to the surface
    • The Dragon's Rival: new! Bring the Aspect of Beowulf to the surface
    • The Dawn Bringer: new! Bring the Aspect of L
    to the surface
    • Amusing Chaos: new! Vanquish the Final Boss bearing the Cosmic Egg
    • Sea-God's Spite: new! Vanquish Theseus using Extreme Measures (Pact) for Poseidon
    • War-God's Bloodlust: new! Slay how many foes for Ares?
    • Customer Loyalty: new! Purchase each of Charon's goods
    • A Friendly Wager: new! Prevail in a certain battle twice without failing for Hermes
    • Updated requirements to fulfill several other Prophecies (won't affect you if you've already fulfilled them)

Permanent Record & Security Log
    📢 The Security Log now shows your Mirror and Pact configuration per escape attempt

Level Design & Environments
    • Added new chambers to Tartarus, Asphodel, Elysium, and the Temple of Styx
    • Updated the layout of Charon's shops to make room for a certain item that appears from time to time...
    • Other minor fixes and improvements to various chambers

Art & Visual FX
    • Updated main menu based on new Major Update
    • Added new portrait and character model for Charon
    • Added new portrait variant for the Fallen Warrior
    • Added new portrait variant for Zagreus
    • Added new character models for Achilles, Orpheus, Sisyphus, and Skelly
    • Added new animations for Achilles, Sisyphus, Hypnos, Nyx, and more
    • Updated Bone Hydra look and animations; each type of head is more distinct
    • Updated artwork and visual effects in various chambers
    • Updated visual presentation making contact with Olympians
    • Updated visual presentation initiating Trials of the Gods
    • Updated the Tartarus Overlook in the House Courtyard
    • Updated various other assets in the House of Hades, such as the Prince's Wall-Scrolls
    • Added visual effects dashing from the Pool of Styx in the House of Hades
    • Added a unique chamber preview icon for the transitional chambers between regions
    • Added visual effect for the appearance of Duo and Legendary Boons
    • Added new look variations for some types of information panels (e.g. forging bonds with characters)
    • Updated visual effect for enhanced rewards
    • Updated Skelly's animations using Companion Rib
    • Updated visual effects for equippable Infernal Arms in the Courtyard
    • Updated the look of the Mirror of Night object in the Prince's Bedchambers
    • Updated the look of the Underworld Map
    • Updated the look of Chaos' Boon
    • Updated the look of Inspect Points
    • Updated the look of selection indicator in some menu screens
    • Improved visual effects when striking armored foes
    • Improved some visual effects on the Fury Sisters
    • Improved presentation fulfilling Prophecies about bringing Legendary Aspects to the surface
    • Improved presentation buying out Sealed Documents from the House Contractor
    • Improved look of going through chamber exits in the Temple of Styx
    • Many other visual fixes and improvements

Menus & UI
    📢 Improved messaging and feedback in the Pause menu when choosing between Quit and Give Up
    • Updated some formatting on the Keepsake Screen
    📢 Some powers with range-specific bonuses show an indicator on their aim previews
    • Fixed Underworld Map showing mystery rewards after clearing the highest Heat level for rewards
    • Improved feedback on successful Backstab attacks
    • Updated feedback activating Ruthless Reflex (Mirror) (enhanced the visual, removed the text)
    • Added Info button on the Pact screen for a reminder about how it works
    • Updated presentation when new Boons and other powers are added to the sidebar
    • Updated some tooltips on the Mirror of Night
    • Added improved error messaging if auto-save fails for any reason
    • Other minor fixes, changes, and improvements

Music & SFX
    • Added a new music track for a certain new encounter...
    • Added many new sound effects to various contexts (such as the new foes and Legendary Aspects)
    • Updated sound effects for Theseus and The Minotaur
    • Updated sound effects for the Final Boss
    • Updated sound effects using the barges in Asphodel
    • Updated impact sounds on foes (so they are distinct from impact sounds on the player)
    • Updated interact sounds for each Olympian Boon and some other rewards
    • Updated some sound effects while using the Rod of Fishing
    • Updated audio presentation for Olympian Aid effects
    • Fixed some Asphodel obstacles missing impact sounds
    • Minor improvements to Eurydice song scripting after completing her subplot with Orpheus
    • Other minor changes, fixes, and mix improvements

Voice & Narrative
    • Added many new narrative events, some for nearly every character (with ~3,500 new voice lines!)
    • Extended Affinity Gauges for Achilles, Cerberus, Charon, Poseidon, Hypnos, Hermes, Athena, Ares, Dionysus, and the Fallen Warrior (you can give them more gifts)
    • Added Duo Boon interactions for all Olympian pairings that didn't already have them
    • Added many, many new Zagreus voice lines to various contexts for additional variety
    • Added Codex entries for various new Perilous Foes and Artifacts, plus a new Fable
    • Added a number of new Inspect Points to new chambers and some House Contractor items
    • Updated dozens of older Zagreus voice lines for performance consistency
    • Updated Codex entries for Achilles and the Fallen Warrior
    📢 Added still another new Early Access Ending variant
    • Spurned Olympians will speak over the death presentation if you perish during a Trial of the Gods
    • Chaos will speak over the death presentation if you perish after taking damage from a curse
    • Added emote animations and other minor improvements to various narrative events
    • Updated requirements and other minor changes to various narrative events
    • Fixes and tuning to various contextual voice events

New Settings
    📢 Added Bright Cursor setting to Settings menu; it can make the mouse cursor easier to spot
    • Added VSync setting to Display menu; toggling can help improve performance in some cases

Miscellaneous
    • Updated Development Roadmap to reflect our plans for our next v1.0 Launch, slated for later this year
    • Added more translated text content in supported languages (translations are ongoing for newer content)
    • Cloud Saves now supported for the Epic Games Store version of the game
    • Added Community Translators to Credits (Thank you for all your efforts!!)
    • Added more Community Contributors to Credits (We really appreciate your support!!)
    • Reduced minimum system requirement to DirectX 10 (was DirectX 10.1)
    📢 After Thanatos encounters, he will sometimes teleport toward the chamber exit to get there faster
    • Thanatos now shows an invulnerable effect when struck
    • Reduced requirements to unlock Perilous Foes entries in the Codex
    • Infernal Trove pedestals should interact with projectile attacks more consistently
    📢 Sisyphus gives more Darkness
    📢 Added more contextual tips when learning to use the Rod of Fishing
    📢 The gameplay timer now stops during Thanatos encounters
    📢 You now can pet Cerberus without having to give him Nectar
    📢 The Keepsake Screen has unique messages for each character with whom you forge a bond
    • The crowd has more dynamic reactions in the final chamber in Elysium
    • The Head Chef in the House of Hades now cuts onions ceaselessly
    • You now can interact with the Featured House-Servant Wall in the Lounge; more characters eligible
    • You now can interact with the Motivational Wall-scrolls in the Administrative Chamber
    • You now can irritate caged shades in Tartarus
    • Tuned interact distances on some characters and House of Hades objects
    • Removed the shimmering halo on the portrait of Lord Hades (the Olympians can have it)
    • Shades in the House of Hades have more to say
    • Improved presentation confronting the Tiny Vermin in the Temple of Styx
    • Improved presentation exiting the Administrative Chamber in the House of Hades
    • Updated flavor text on various screens
    • Updated boss nameplates in some encounters
    📢 Various text fixes, updates, and clarifications

Bug Fixes
    📢 Fixed Aphrodite's Affinity Gauge sometimes not unlocking as intended
    • Fixed an issue where Black Out (Dionysus) would sometimes not apply its damage bonus
    • Fixed unintended interactions using Aspect of Hera with Auto Reload (Hermes)
    • Fixed an issue where Boon icons could remain stuck onscreen
    • Fixed incorrect icon for Exit Wounds (Artemis)
    • Fixed presentation issues with Boon upgrade feedback while using Rare Crop (Demeter)
    • Fixed an issue preventing situational Chthonic Companion Summon voice lines from playing
    • Fixed minor animation issues with Hypnos and Dusa
    📢 Many, many, many other minor fixes

Bug Additions
    • Hopefully not too many, thanks to our diligent Beta Testers!

Quote of the Patch
    'Never, never again shall I return from Hades once you have given me the soothing rites of fire. Never again will you and I, alive and breathing, huddle side-by-side, apart from loyal comrades, making plans together--never...'

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I tried the new Coronacht and Exagryph aspects

they're...interesting, but I'm 50/50 on Lucifer (laser beam primary that ramps in damage the longer you hit an enemy, drop bomblets for lack of a better word with special that pulse damage around them and can be destroyed to explode by both you and enemies) and I don't really like Rama (slow-drawing primary that fires a wide shot, quick special that fires a few arrows that mark enemies. enemies marked take a percentage of primary fire hits on enemies, which works even if you primary the enemy that is marked) compared to Chiron

but that's just my personal preference and not statements on how well balanced they might be

Orphane on
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I liked Rama fine but I wish dash attacks charged quicker with it since it's hard to actually use as a ranged weapon. The fact the gameplay pattern with it is just special into attack instead of the attack into homing special means it's kind of same, though, whereas Guan Yu and Arthur feel like radical transformations.

Lightbringer is too cool and so I give it an automatic 10/10, though it's very hard to compete on power with the raw stat boost of "sit in your own explosions to get +FuckYou damage"

I ate an engineer
    milski wrote: »
    I liked Rama fine but I wish dash attacks charged quicker with it since it's hard to actually use as a ranged weapon. The fact the gameplay pattern with it is just special into attack instead of the attack into homing special means it's kind of same, though, whereas Guan Yu and Arthur feel like radical transformations.

Lightbringer is too cool and so I give it an automatic 10/10, though it's very hard to compete on power with the raw stat boost of "sit in your own explosions to get +FuckYou damage"

Idk, i actually cleared first try with Lucifer (only heat 2 cause i don't use Exagryph much, but w/e) and i ended up picking up Hazard Blast and Greater Inferno and it made the Hellfire bomblets into massive area pulsing mines that blew up for huge damage, so while it's probably not as consistent as Eris aspect it's fun

edited June 2020
    Orphane wrote: »
    milski wrote: »

Idk, i actually cleared first try with Lucifer (only heat 2 cause i don't use Exagryph much, but w/e) and i ended up picking up Hazard Blast and Greater Inferno and it made the Hellfire bomblets into massive area pulsing mines that blew up for huge damage, so while it's probably not as consistent as Eris aspect it's fun

I mean, I'm not saying it's too weak to win; I'm on a ~30 run winstreak it certainly killed the final boss dead pretty well. It just definitely feels like it lacks, at minimum, burst power compared to other weapons; it's the only weapon I think I ever failed to beat Thanatos with. Triple special is incredibly useful though, since it lets the first bomb set off the other two.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
    i think Lucifer's issue is the primary fire feels kinda lacking

disclaimer that i haven't tried it much and might be missing something, but the laser being a) limited by ammo, b) requiring you be stationary to fire and c) ramping up in damage over time feels really bad compared to regular Exagryph aspects even though the non-Lucifer aspects also share the first two points? being forced to move to evade is a double whammy because you've now interrupted your damage ramp and now also have used up ammo so you lose out on full mag damage unless you reload immediately as you move. Which is something people might do anyways on other Exagryphs, but on Lucifer it feels mandatory due to the damage ramp up. But then they removed the Consecutive Fire Daedalus Hammer upgrade this patch for...overlap, or maybe because they thought folding it into an optional aspect would work better so people could opt out of ever having to deal with it entirely?

Obviously you can get Eternal Chamber but then you lose the damage ramp up and then it seems like the laser is just there more as a proc machine for when you care more about activating the boon/applying the status like for Zeus/Demeter/Dionysus and a build reliant on Hellfire to do damage is your only way forward. I'll have to mess around with it more.

The biggest annoyance imo is that the laser isn't instant to start and Exagryph in general is. Being unable to dash and poke or dash and blow up your bombs is real annoying. Bombs also seem to take too much damage to explode, it should be instant by default.

I ate an engineer
    I just unlocked the Zeus aspect of Aegis, and it says triangle throws and returns the shield, but it doesn't seem to? I can throw it out but it just stays out until it returns on it's own. Am I misunderstanding it?

Delzhand wrote: »
    I just unlocked the Zeus aspect of Aegis, and it says triangle throws and returns the shield, but it doesn't seem to? I can throw it out but it just stays out until it returns on it's own. Am I misunderstanding it?

Tapping the button for throw after you've thrown it should make it start returning to you at any time along its trajectory

Yeah it worked, must have been a bug. It's hard to believe how consistently good this game is. The runs feel different enough, but every run feels good. I've never wanted to quit a run because of bad boons. And there's just so much content. Every little thing you think might result in a conversation does. Gods recognize different weapons and comment on them, comment on which gods' boons you've already taken, what prior conversations you've had...

I have no idea how they're going to do the ending.

Ice Wine rules. I've gotten out twice now with it. Just now I got this message (or something very close to it) after getting out:
    As the young prince Zagreus explores the wonders of the world, he encounters an abandoned farm. Trespassing on the land, he steps on a farming implement, whose handle flies up and strikes him, returning him to the underworld.

LAAAAAUNCH TRAILER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz8l935Bv0Y

Available on the Switch, too!

There will be cross-save, so if you'd prefer it on switch but don't want to lose your PC progress, you're in luck (assuming you don't mind buying it again).

• WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    I'm so pumped to see the real ending!!

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Got this on the Switch. This game is fucking great, holy shit. It has style and swagger and it's a blast to play.

Me and the bow are bros, apparently. Took it all the way into the 4th realm, and the rats can get to fuck quite frankly.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    The tiny rats are real easy to kill with dash attacks