As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's 2022 but [Snugglehug] never changes nsf56k

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    For every cat I've lived with, tearing off foil for cooking is/was enough to get them looking over in alarm and occasionally slink-running for the exits.

EDIT: No no no - not letting TOTP go by without providing snug. Have some hippos.

The Judge on
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    For every cat I've lived with, tearing off foil for cooking is/was enough to get them looking over in alarm and occasionally slink-running for the exits.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Seeing @-Tal's current avatar while browsing a thread reminded me of this video I found on YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY54aMuUJAI
    I think secretary birds are neat because, in addition to the weird hairdo, they're both good runners and fliers, where most birds can only do one or the other especially well.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    august wrote: »
    chromdom wrote: »
    I've never tried it, but I understand plastic wrap also works.

Is it the loose material unnerving them mid-landing, or do they see a reflection and react?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I doubt it's a reflection, most tinfoil isn't really going to give you much of something you could make out in that brief instant. My guess is it's because cats are dumb. Same reason why putting a piece of tape on a cat's forehead turns off its base motor functions.

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Given enough time, the cat will probably realize that tinfoil ain't shit and stomp all over it.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Seeing @-Tal's current avatar while browsing a thread reminded me of this video I found on YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY54aMuUJAI
    I think secretary birds are neat because, in addition to the weird hairdo, they're both good runners and fliers, where most birds can only do one or the other especially well.

i like how they kick and stomp things to death to eat them and whatnot, secretary birds are rad

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited March 2020

Bedlam on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Guess so.

Fine experiment and an adorable chonky kitty.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited March 2020

"Come here my weird kittens" -Cat, probably

Bedlam on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I like how if the situation with the cat mom were reversed, a hen would still totally take care of some kittens. as well as they could anyway. friendly mommy animals, y'all :cry:

Well those are ducks, but ive definetly seen pictures of a hen sitting on kittens.

The craziest thing Ive seen is a cheetah going to attack a mother gazelle, who flees in terror leaving a baby behind. Then the cheetah stops and the maternal instincts kick in, and the video shows that the cheetah raises the baby gazelle as her own.

4VW1R5T.jpg

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I absolutely needed all of this today. Bless you, snugglehug thread.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    dogs are good, imo

LET ME LOVE YOU!

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »

At this point the toilet paper hoarding is just getting ridiculous.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

incidentally, that's why they can purr, which you can also hear in this

• SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    So this snugglehug adjacent, I think?

According to an article I read, the reason a dogs nose is wet is because this allows them to tell the difference in temperature on items and/or animals. Basically dogs have heats seeking noses.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited March 2020

edit- sound on this one.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Sound on - Huffky soothes crying baby:

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    "This is you, baby. This is what you sound like right now."

GDdCWMm.jpg
    2wmqnqwqjy6r.png

@Walt What is going on there, buddy? You okay?

• SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Despite troubling times, penguins are still curious.

edited March 2020
    vQce0Cr.jpg

Uni-eared puppy:

Big Muppet:

Lil Muppet:

sqZhjFn.jpg

Bedlam on
    I want to pet a penguin.

j32amcN.jpg

And now some snuggle-hubris:

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    You got what you deserved and you know it!

This discussion has been closed.