As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Animal Crossing] Stalnks

Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually...{They/Them}Registered User regular
edited April 2020 in Social Entropy++
Unlike the real world, nothing bad ever happens in Animal Crossing.

(Well except for wasps. Fuck wasps)

Animal Crossing is an 18+ year old life sim series, and the next game and first HD installment, New Horizons, is out in three days yet Nintendo won't flip a switch and let us have it early while we're all stuck inside.

But hey, we can at least have a quasi-social life in a game wherein we are constantly indebted to a racoon!

SE++ AC New Horizons List

Mx. Quill on

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Still 3 days out and boy howdy can I feel the days.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    I have never been so excited to get into debt

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    9senmwj98eag.jpg
    ki6enbipgebo.jpg
    b19vk01nciaa.jpg
    And finally the catch phrase that just worked in my town
    afr6o20vcubp.jpg

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Oh, I saw in a review that the only building you can't relicate is Nook's Resident Services, so keep that in mind when selecting your toen map.

Dunno if the airport can be moved at all, probably not.

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    legit a little mad at Nintendo for not early releasing

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Should we get a friend code thing going?

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I've never really liked Animal Crossing as a game, but I love it as a thing that exists in the world, and it's one of the few game franchises my wife follows religiously

I managed to find her one of those really cute Switches!

My household is absolutely going to be the very good crossover memes between Doom and Animal Crossing, but in real life

Etchwarts on
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I can add FCs to the OP, yeah, just at work cause my job doesn't understand the importance of paying off a racoon.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    I have never been so excited to get into debt

Getting into debt to owe the libs

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    The eShop is down and they're going to announce every awesome indie game as "Available Now" during the direct.

YaYa wrote: »
    legit a little mad at Nintendo for not early releasing

letmein.gif

Apparently some stores in countries like the Netherlands have been allowed to break street date for AC and Doom today/tomorrow since they're all mandated to close as of Thursday.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    My AC Switch is arriving today.

Extremely excited. It’s the first special edition console I’ve ever purchased.

IKknkhU.gif
    edited March 2020
    The day one update is live on the eShop, go grab it.

27 hours left...

Edit:

Mx. Quill on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I'm gonna be adding a few folks so if you see a request from Houk (SW-3960-9294-3607) that's me!

And feel free to add me too! Although I have absolutely no clue what the online actually looks like for this game...

Houk the Namebringer on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    It’s looking around other people’s towns and trying to steal the villagers you like.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm trying to force an update and I'm not getting a patch? It's at version 1.1.0, is that right

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I'm trying to force an update and I'm not getting a patch? It's at version 1.1.0, is that right

pretty sure it is, yeah

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    It’s looking around other people’s towns and trying to steal the villagers you like.

oh nice, then i'm all about it. having good villagers has always been priority one for me

Oh it’s also about sending nasty letters to villagers you don’t like.

You go to their islands and wreck up the place

• SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I am so here for this. Originally I booked off Friday but now that my org has switched to working from home and I'm in a constant state of tech support where I wouldn't be able to take the vacation even if I booked it, I'll have to play this fleetingly tomorrow

But add me as a friend please!!! SW-7603-3284-4227

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I knew I was going to get this, so I went ahead and made it official. I've never interacted with online on my Switch, but I just sent a friend request to Houk! Add me so I can visit your towns!

SW-3049-0957-1303

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Paid this off for my wife on Valentine's day and I look forward to living alone from now on (this is a lie I'll miss her locked in her office playing switch all day)

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I did buy it for my brother {the eshop cards were the lightest thing I had to haul this morning} I did find it interesting they had the full game cards at work which I will pick up in the next few weeks {just my general state of mind is not good right now even faking it will soon fall apart}
    But I really do plan on getting it digitally because of how it welded itself into the slot on my 3ds

Do you need to have the nintendo online to visit other towns?

My friend code is 3661-4488-2896

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    My friend code is 0990-5228-8798 I've got oranges.

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Friend code in sig, I’ve got peaches and some kind of fitness freak seabird neighbor

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i wont be picking up my copy till tomorrow night but then i can start bringing civilization back to this stone world

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I have cherries here in Morioh!

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Monster Island is an orange island. Tomorrow I have bathers set to arrive and my first house being built.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Phoebe is very good.

I got this burning a hole in a bag waiting for my student to show.

2 hours of one on one English teachin’ for what was supposed to be a group class.

Longest two hours of my life and then I hafta run home and set up my new switch and log in.

• TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    dbqeAbJ.jpg

Blathers over here doubting my gaming skills. Get with the program, Blathers.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Sent a bunch of friend requests even tho I don't have the online. They'll be from Dark Edna.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    it's been a while so forgive me

but are there actual differences between the fruit or are people just being particular which one they want cause of personal preference

6F32U1X.png
  • TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    it's been a while so forgive me

but are there actual differences between the fruit or are people just being particular which one they want cause of personal preference

Purely aesthetic preference, the only mechanical difference is native fruit vs non-native fruit.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I got pears, my favourite!

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Oh hey. the game knows I'm using the special AC Switch so it gifted me an in game AC switch! It is in the little dock and everything!

Also hit me up, I have Pears and a cool green duck?

SW-4910-9735-6014

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

This discussion has been closed.