As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Telltale] Tales from the Borderlands - Ep.3 "Catch a Ride" out now!

1121314151618»

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Syngyne wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Tales from the Borderlands is the best Borderlands game, no contest.

I think it’s Telltale’s best, as well. You can just feel the love that they poured into making it.

It's a fucking miracle it's as good as it is.

For anyone who likes the game, read this post mortem: https://quarterly.camposanto.com/tales-from-the-borderlands-the-oral-history-d33bb5f146e6

It'll make you appreciate it even more.

Yeah, the game was considered to be made by the c-team, management didn't have high expectations for it, etc. And then they knocked it out of the damn park.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Oh, speaking of:
    One of the lead writers behind Borderlands 3, Sam Winkler, has said he'd like to write a second season of Tales From The Borderlands.
    Speaking to Comicbook.com, Winkler said, "I would love to pickup where Tales from the Borderlands Season 1 left off. There's so many unsolved threads there, and even though we brought some characters into Borderlands 3, there's still a lot of question marks.
    "I am a die-hard fan of Tales, and I inserted some winks and nods that are probably going to drive some fan wiki articles,” he added.

Now, this may be one of those "sure, I'd love for my character to be in Smash Bros." things that never goes anywhere. Or maybe the wheels are already turning! Who knows. I suspect a lot of it will depend on if the new Telltale can get their act together.

• Options
    So yeah, Wolf Among Us 2 is happening. Some details:

All of the work the original Telltale did on it is being pitched.
    Including the Telltale Tool -- they're using Unreal.
    It's being developed in partnership with AdHoc Studios, which was founded by several former Telltalers.
    The voice actors for Bigby and Snow White are back.
    As is composer Jared Emerson-Johnson.

Which all sounds good! Of course the new Telltale still has plenty of room to fuck it up, but now there's reason for hope.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Is anyone actually in TTG that was a part of it before the reincarnation? Always thought the idea of a game dev working with another game dev consisting of nothing but former employees would be... an awkward work environment at the very least.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    According to a leak, Adhoc is re-releasing Tales from the Borderlands with added content and a new mini-episode, and they're teasing a sequel.

Which sounds great but I really, REALLY hope they're not repeating Telltale's mistake and taking on too much.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I will be hyped for more TftB if the writing is on par. It's my favorite Telltale game easily.

And this is very promising.
    Pierre Shorette, Adhoc Studio’s CCO, was senior lead writer for Tales From The Borderlands